Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

I only have to watch the primary debate hosted by Megan Kelly to 100% agree with this
    thewrap.com/people-of-germany-warning-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-san-diego-man-been-there-done-that/

I don't know how else to communicate this, because you're a broken record. A presidential candidate in a democratic society may only be deemed ineligible on legal grounds. In the nearly year and a half since Trump began campaigning, the people and the courts have both failed to prove any substantial link to Trump and illegal activities. If the legal route fails, then it falls on the people to debate and discuss reasonably to reach the outcome they desire by convincing Trump supporters otherwise, and by convincing undecideds/uncarings to decide/care. Non-Trump supporters such as yourself failed at doing this, and your dissatisfaction should only be pointed inwards.

The three threads you were active on prior to the election (and as far as I can tell not a mention of Trump any time prior to the election):
    -This is why you can not hate Justin Bieber
    -Article: Albums ranked from worst to best
    -Binaural Live...Was there a Reason

Maybe you should've given a shit and worked on that reasonable debate and discussion at a time when it mattered, instead of waking up to tell the world why you don't like the outcome and that it should be changed because it hurts your feelings. Know what Germany would have done if a Trumpian candidate was running? Debate and discuss, and convince his supporters that they are wrong about him, like you and all Americans opposed to him should've done WHEN IT MATTERED. This is not done by insulting or belittling his supporters, nullifying their voices, or defining them as morally corrupt and therefore not worth your time or effort. It is done with facts and evidence.
    Envious
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

I only have to watch the primary debate hosted by Megan Kelly to 100% agree with this
    thewrap.com/people-of-germany-warning-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-san-diego-man-been-there-done-that/

I don't know how else to communicate this, because you're a broken record. A presidential candidate in a democratic society may only be deemed ineligible on legal grounds. In the nearly year and a half since Trump began campaigning, the people and the courts have both failed to prove any substantial link to Trump and illegal activities. If the legal route fails, then it falls on the people to debate and discuss reasonably to reach the outcome they desire by convincing Trump supporters otherwise, and by convincing undecideds/uncarings to decide/care. Non-Trump supporters such as yourself failed at doing this, and your dissatisfaction should only be pointed inwards.

The three threads you were active on prior to the election (and as far as I can tell not a mention of Trump any time prior to the election):

Maybe you should've given a shit and worked on that reasonable debate and discussion at a time when it mattered, instead of waking up to tell the world why you don't like the outcome and that it should be changed because it hurts your feelings. Know what Germany would have done if a Trumpian candidate was running? Debate and discuss, and convince his supporters that they are wrong about him, like you and all Americans opposed to him should've done WHEN IT MATTERED. This is not done by insulting or belittling his supporters, nullifying their voices, or defining them as morally corrupt and therefore not worth your time or effort. It is done with facts and evidence.
    You're wrong on the facts and evidence part. Trump voters were ignoring the facts and voting emotionally. Clinton needed to match this emotional message with her own message that connected on the same frequency. Policy debate wasn't going to shift many trump voters.
  • Options

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

You're wrong on the facts and evidence part. Trump voters were ignoring the facts and voting emotionally. Clinton needed to match this emotional message with her own message that connected on the same frequency. Policy debate wasn't going to shift many trump voters.
    Correct.

Trump either knowingly or unknowingly ran a very successful campaign understanding the fact that the simple person's vote counts just as much as any other.

'I'll make your wildest dreams come true"... "Let's make America great again"... and "I'm gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" proved to be very useful campaign tactics.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,004

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

Trump either knowingly or unknowingly ran a very successful campaign understanding the fact that the simple person's vote counts just as much as any other.

'I'll make your wildest dreams come true"... "Let's make America great again"... and "I'm gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" proved to be very useful campaign tactics.
    That's a really good point. I guess my next question, then, is if somehow this election is "fixed" by getting a democratically elected Trump removed from office, how does one ensure this doesn't happen again, when pandering to the "simple person" is proven to be effective, and then logic is actually removed from the equation?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

He's an unabashed master manipulator. Just seems that some people don't mind being manipulated
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

He's an unabashed master manipulator. Just seems that some people don't mind being manipulated
    Almost reminds me of all the "Hope and change" rhetoric of the previous election.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

Almost reminds me of all the "Hope and change" rhetoric of the previous election.
    He accomplished much more than you'd ever care to admit. He could have accomplished much more if the Repubs hadn't sat in congress with their arms across their chest.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

Manipulated? straight up duped is more like it.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,293
    so Trump thinks millions of people voted illegally but is adamantly against recounts. yea that makes a lot of sense.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

Not me. Hope and change is positive and future oriented. Make America great again is fear based and rearward thinking.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

He accomplished much more than you'd ever care to admit. He could have accomplished much more if the Repubs hadn't sat in congress with their arms across their chest.
    He accomplished directing the country into a state where someone like Trump was able to get elected.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

He accomplished directing the country into a state where someone like Trump was able to get elected.
    I've seen this one before, where trump getting elected is Obama's fault. What got trump elected is the mentality that thinks he got elected because of Obama.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    I feel like that happened despite Obama, not because of him. I think the media and the GOP directed the citizens to a state where they elected Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,155
    PJ_Soul said:

I feel like that happened despite Obama, not because of him. I think the media and the GOP directed the citizens to a state where they elected Trump.

Agreed....Obama's approval rating is at a near high. Gas prices are low. Stock market high. Unemployment low.

This was a combo of Trump firing up the racist whites and the Dems being overconfident and not showing up to vote. Plus...the media was fucking insane. Too much time on stupid meaningless emails and not enough time digging into Trump's potential conflicts of interest.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    hey Gern, sorry for your loss (Castro).
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,155
    rssesq said:

oh you are just Mr. Smartybritches today....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    its been a rough month for socialists and communists alike.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

lol

Now I've heard it all: I didn't think there was anything else that was Obama's fault.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,096

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

lol

Now I've heard it all: I didn't think there was anything else that was Obama's fault.
    looks like someone reads the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/25/barack-obama-donald-trump-us-election-american-politics
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,459
    rssesq said:

I know it was Obamas fault hey I heard your Bafoon PE will attend the funeral because his master Putin needs a puppet to represent the country!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Correct.

lol

"Hope and change that you can believe in"= Trump being elected? Lol
  • Options

rssesq said:

I know it was Obamas fault hey I heard your Bafoon PE will attend the funeral because his master Putin needs a puppet to represent the country!
    Como que?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbuLOCooOak
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    Good read here:
    Potential Conflicts Around the Globe for Trump, the Businessman President
    Trump’s companies have business operations in at least 20 countries, with a particular focus on the developing world, including outposts in nations like India, Indonesia and Uruguay, according to a New York Times analysis of his presidential campaign financial disclosures. What’s more, the true extent of Mr. Trump’s global financial entanglements is unclear, since he has refused to release his tax returns and has not made public a list of his lenders.

In an interview with The Times on Tuesday, Mr. Trump boasted again about the global reach of his business — and his family’s ability to keep it running after he takes office.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    he should of been on the public dole his whole life like most politicians and had Joe Pubic payin his salary and then there wouldn't be any problem.
    Oh that's rich.
  • Options
    rssesq said:

he should of been on the public dole his whole life like most politicians and had Joe Pubic payin his salary and then there wouldn't be any problem.
    Oh that's rich.

Just curious - did you mean to write Joe Pubic, or Joe Public?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    pubic is prolly right. silly goy, lol
  • Options
    benjs said:

rssesq said:

Oh that's rich.

Just curious - did you mean to write Joe Pubic, or Joe Public?
    He's a Clarence Thomas fan.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,096
    "grab 'em by the pubics"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rssesq said:

pubic is prolly right. silly goy, lol

Either, or. And for the record - every Jew I know and I cringe when that word is uttered, even as a joke. It's just as derogatory and dangerous as any other divisive word.

EV
This discussion has been closed.