Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    I wonder how long it will take the Trump voters to realize (if ever) that they were conned.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330

Sad morning trying to explain to my kids how Trump is our new POTUS. He represents everything I teach them not to be. Bully, liar, misogynistic, judgemental, selfish, mean spirited, cheater...and the list goes on. WTF

It's a great opportunity to teach them about life. They are going to encounter bad people all the time. College roomate, best friends' boyfriend/girlfriend, bosses, etc. Many would say Hillary possesses the exact same qualities. Except misogyny, of course. :)

idk. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen in the next few years. I will admit to being happy about having a president that is not a career politician.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Clinton called for Democrats to accept the result, saying they should give Trump an open mind and the chance to lead.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/blog/live/2016/nov/09/stock-markets-on-edge-as-us-presidential-election-heads-for-tense-climax
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127

tbergs said:

Sad morning trying to explain to my kids how Trump is our new POTUS. He represents everything I teach them not to be. Bully, liar, misogynistic, judgemental, selfish, mean spirited, cheater...and the list goes on. WTF

This is really one of the most sad things about this. A guy who has no respect for anyone is now the leader of this country.

Regardless of Obama policy, he was a good man that anyone's kids should look up to.
    That's what it came down to for most people that are in complete shock, we chose someone with no character. Hillary was cardboard as fuck, but at least civil discourse was an option.
    Yep...this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMSJxN4WDU
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

Clinton called for Democrats to accept the result, saying they should give Trump an open mind and the chance to lead.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/blog/live/2016/nov/09/stock-markets-on-edge-as-us-presidential-election-heads-for-tense-climax

Was very graceful. No mention of the popular vote from her.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Van Jones should discuss lower black voter turnout in key districts that helped flip Penn and Wisconsin and Michigan before going on a blame whitey rant
  • Options

Yes it was graceful.
    The election is over the people have voted and now it's time to accept it.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,342

Yes it was graceful.
    The election is over the people have voted and now it's time to accept it.
    Was there ever a doubt she would be graceful. She knows when to swallow her pride and try to unite. In some ways we're lucky she lost the electorate. It's better for the country moving past this mess. She'll end up winning popular vote by a small margin.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185

It's a great opportunity to teach them about life. They are going to encounter bad people all the time. College roomate, best friends' boyfriend/girlfriend, bosses, etc. Many would say Hillary possesses the exact same qualities. Except misogyny, of course. :)

idk. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen in the next few years. I will admit to being happy about having a president that is not a career politician.
    I don't need this to teach them about life. "not a career politician" that has ZERO experience. He's a fucking reality TV Star. Who's next? Snooki? One of those fantastic Kardashian people? This man has no character. Its embarrassing.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Just curious if we're still against obstructionism on here? Will organized opposition to judicial nominations still be considered treasonous?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

Just curious if we're still against obstructionism on here? Will organized opposition to judicial nominations still be considered treasonous?

Who is going to be obstructing him?

Edit - I guess the senate could still make it hard for him to get a confirmation, but at least he will actually get a damn confirmation vote.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    Jason P said:

Van Jones should discuss lower black voter turnout in key districts that helped flip Penn and Wisconsin and Michigan before going on a blame whitey rant

He should blame blacks for the high turnout of closeted white bigots?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    If Obama had a spine he would recess appoint but he wasn't strong enough to chose his of
    own cabinet.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Is that the best some of you can come up with, all who voted for Trump are racist? Some of you need to leave your ivory tower...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Is that the best some of you can come up with, all who voted for Trump are racist? Some of you need to leave your ivory tower...

No. it's a mix of racists, always vote R, and anti Hillary people. The latter two groups have used an incredible amount of bad logic and magical thinking to make voting for Trump okay.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Democrats are efficient at blaming rather then taking responsibility accountability, if there's anything the election tells us, it's voters want accountability.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,342
    JC29856 said:

lukin2006 said:

Democrats are efficient at blaming rather then taking responsibility accountability, if there's anything the election tells us, it's voters want accountability.
    Oh, that's why they elected Trump. Real accountable guy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

lukin2006 said:

Nothing about this says accountability. You're just making up things so it's digestible.
  • Options
    Trump can't be that bad.
    "Last night I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans,"
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/clinton-concedes-election-urges-open-mind-on-trump/ar-AAk6oGL?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp
  • Options
    tbergs said:

JC29856 said:

lukin2006 said:

Oh, that's why they elected Trump. Real accountable guy.
    The Democrats I'm referring to didn't elect trump or Hilliary, they stayed home.
    Held Hilliary and DNC accountable for primaries and take your pick email server, pay to play, CF....
  • Options
    This is the most introspective article from the left that I've read so far

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/is_this_the_election_hillary_clinton_wanted.html
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Nope she did not want that but she absolutely needed it. The Dem insiders knew it would be close, no fireworks.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Huh? The KKK didn't just move from Alabama to safe blue states over the last four years.

Are you implying that white bigots were waiting for a black man to leave office before coming out as racists?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Huh? The KKK didn't just move from Alabama to safe blue states over the last four years.

Are you implying that white bigots were waiting for a black man to leave office before coming out as racists?
    No. they had a bigoted candidate that made them feel validated and that inspired them to go out and vote. They probably still haven't told anyone they voted for Trump. There's a high level of fear with a good number of white males as we slowly lose our white privilege.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

fucking hilarious...

I agree, "hillarious" even!
  • Options
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
    We showed America the silent majority is no longer silent. Today, we created an America that WINS again. Today, we made our hopes, our dreams – our limitless potential – a reality. Today, we made history. Today, we created a government that is once again of, by and for the people.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

No. they had a bigoted candidate that made them feel validated and that inspired them to go out and vote. They probably still haven't told anyone they voted for Trump. There's a high level of fear with a good number of white males as we slowly lose our white privilege.
    Now that more numbers are out this whole theory looks wrong. Romney had 59% of white vote while Trump had 58%. It looks like 7 million Obama voters stayed home. That is not Trump inspiring white people but Hillary losing a ton of votes. She was a shitty candidate who couldn't bring out the Obama coalition.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,477
    Own your vote I say !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Now that more numbers are out this whole theory looks wrong. Romney had 59% of white vote while Trump had 58%. It looks like 7 million Obama voters stayed home. That is not Trump inspiring white people but Hillary losing a ton of votes. She was a shitty candidate who couldn't bring out the Obama coalition.
    Exactly!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

I'm willing to be wrong, but you can't assume those are all the same white voters. Trump got more of the white uneducated vote than Romney. That's significant.
This discussion has been closed.