Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

JC29856 said:
    I had just watched Rubio trash trump at the collage forum......Rubio just ended his chances of even going any further in my opinion, comments about his tan..his hands ? this Cuban has some real class, if you like Trump or not doesn't matter, the juvenile personal attacks at RNC debate showed me what an idiot these two other candidates really are, if trump drops out for some reason I doubt I'll be voting republican..... EFFIN A-HOLES !

Godfather.

Hold up....you don't like these guys resorting to personal attacks but you do like Trump who has based his entire candidacy on personal attacks?
    The cognitive dissonance is breathtaking.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    just wait for the fall out, Rubio his finished and I'd rather see almost anybody except Clinton in office, good grief we have almost no reasonable candidates to vote for but trump and sanders and trump is killin this race. I couldn't vote sanders anyway.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited February 2016

just wait for the fall out, Rubio his finished and I'd rather see almost anybody except Clinton in office, good grief we have almost no reasonable candidates to vote for but trump and sanders and trump is killin this race. I couldn't vote sanders anyway.

Godfather.

Trump has absolutely no shot in a general election.

Also, feel free to answer the question on Trump
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555

JC29856 said:
    I had just watched Rubio trash trump at the collage forum......Rubio just ended his chances of even going any further in my opinion, comments about his tan..his hands ? this Cuban has some real class, if you like Trump or not doesn't matter, the juvenile personal attacks at RNC debate showed me what an idiot these two other candidates really are, if trump drops out for some reason I doubt I'll be voting republican..... EFFIN A-HOLES !

Godfather.

Hold up....you don't like these guys resorting to personal attacks but you do like Trump who has based his entire candidacy on personal attacks?
    With trump supporters it's monkey see monkey do
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930

I wish I felt this confident. Didn't we all say the same thing about him no shot at getting the nomination a few months ago?

Craziest election cycle I have ever seen.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I wish I felt this confident. Didn't we all say the same thing about him no shot at getting the nomination a few months ago?

Fair point. I just don't see what states he can confidently flip. Thankfully, I think we are at a point where you can't win a general election with the crazy white racist male vote. I don't see any path to an additional 64 votes on this map. Basically he has to flip Florida, which I can't see, along with a few of the very white Midwest states. He won't flip Florida, so he then has to flip Colorado, NM and a good number of the Midwest states. Don't see it.

The general election is going to have a very different tone. For one, say what you will about Hillary but she would absolutely wipe the floor with Trump in debates where there will actually be substance. Also, while Trump will get a good amount of the republican establishment and advisers on his side, I also think you will see a lot of pretty big names that won't endorse/support him, inside and out of politics.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Great stuff Cliff.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Trump is unstoppable

Trade, immigration...Make America Great Again.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eamonnfingleton/2016/02/21/after-south-carolina-heres-why-donald-trump-will-be-americas-next-president/#481fc7fe8e86

WOOT WOOOOT
    Chugga chugga wooooooot

• Options
    Trump...
    "It got your attention, didn't it"
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Fair point. I just don't see what states he can confidently flip. Thankfully, I think we are at a point where you can't win a general election with the crazy white racist male vote. I don't see any path to an additional 64 votes on this map. Basically he has to flip Florida, which I can't see, along with a few of the very white Midwest states. He won't flip Florida, so he then has to flip Colorado, NM and a good number of the Midwest states. Don't see it.

The general election is going to have a very different tone. For one, say what you will about Hillary but she would absolutely wipe the floor with Trump in debates where there will actually be substance. Also, while Trump will get a good amount of the republican establishment and advisers on his side, I also think you will see a lot of pretty big names that won't endorse/support him, inside and out of politics.

I wouldn't put anything past Florida but agreed that the electoral map is reassuring.

• Options
    From my perspective, lots of folks are getting nervous about having The Tru Don as the next President.
  • Options
    People getting angry. People get angry when not winning.

We're going to start winning so much, we are going to get tired of winning!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555

People getting angry. People get angry when not winning.

We're going to start winning so much, we are going to get tired of winning!

https://youtu.be/DnpO_RTSNmQ

#MAKEDONALDDRUMPFAGAIN
  • Options
    Trade and Immigration
    This recipe will bake the cake

MADISON, Ala.—Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump picked up the backing of Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions on Sunday, another big endorsement ahead of Super Tuesday’s crucial slate of GOP primaries.
    Sessions, a conservative heavyweight known for his hardline immigration views, backed Trump at a packed rally in a local football stadium here, praising his stance on immigration and trade and calling his campaign a “movement… that must not fade away.”
    “The American people are not happy with their government,” Sessions said. “We have an opportunity Tuesday. It may be the last opportunity we have for the people’s voice to be heard.”
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JimmyV said:

He could flip OH PA and VA though...it's a possibility. A scary one.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

I feel like he could flip States but only if disaster has struck the Democrats. Which is why I am so against Clinton. If she all but wraps up the nomination tomorrow we'll still have eight whole months to hope/pray that her next scandal doesn't break. I wouldn't make that bet.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

I feel like he could flip States but only if disaster has struck the Democrats. Which is why I am so against Clinton. If she all but wraps up the nomination tomorrow we'll still have eight whole months to hope/pray that her next scandal doesn't break. I wouldn't make that bet.
    Exactly my concern.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

I definitely have too much optimism for PA, but given they/we (been in philly 10 years and still feels weird saying we for PA, but that's beside the point) voted twice in a row for a black guy and have a large minority population (not just in Philly), that it would pretty easily go for the Dem.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Eh. Those rallies seem like they are out of control. Dude should be allowed wherever he wants but no need to respond by swearing at the secret service

This is seriously scary though

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-threatens-to-weaken-first-amendment-protections-for-reporters/
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I wouldn't put anything past Florida but agreed that the electoral map is reassuring.
    Well, very true, there is nothing in this world I wouldn't put past Florida. That said, they are going to play up the Hispanic soundbites big time.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    This Trump run just keeps on giving.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    "Morris reportedly responded "Fuck you" to the agent's command."

Um...

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    I can't believe that these incidents are happening and there is no big backlash from the media ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Um...

Good. Maybe agents will back off now.
  • Options

• Options
    callen said:

JimmyV said:

Um...

Good. Maybe agents will back off now.
    Secret Service agents are the last people I want backing off.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    If the guy was real secret service agent and grabbing a much older photographer by the throat and slamming him down is his reaction to "fuck you" he probably shouldn't be secret service agent.
    I would bet he is a taxi squad fill in probably some cop from a quiet beach town.
  • Options
    That reporter didn't stay in his lane.

Got punked. Reporter probably used to talking shit in chatrooms and doesn't know real world.
This discussion has been closed.