Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Let this soak in for a minute....

"So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare.

It is a, it is a huge problem.

I have a son.

He's 10 years old.

He has computers.

He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable.

The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough.

And maybe it's hardly do-able.

But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing, but that's true throughout our whole governmental society.

We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester and certainly cyber is one of them."

Don't forget his rambling denial about supporting the Iraq war where he tried to phone a friend:

LESTER HOLT: Mr. Trump, with a lot of these are judgment questions. You had supported the war in Iraq before the invasion. What makes your --

TRUMP: I did not support the war in Iraq.

HOLT: 2002

TRUMP: That is a mainstream media nonsense put out by her because she frankly I think the best person in her campaign is mainstream media.

HOLT: My question --

TRUMP: Would you like to hear? I was against -- wait a minute. I was against the war in Iraq. Just so you put it out.

HOLT: The record shows otherwise.

TRUMP: The record does not show that.

HOLT: Why is your judgment any --

TRUMP: The record shows that I'm right. When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows, essentially. I then did an interview with Neil Cavuto, we talked about the economy is more important. I then spoke to Sean Hannity, which everybody refuses to call Sean Hannity. I had numerous conversations with Sean Hannity at Fox [News] and Sean Hannity said, and he called me the other day, and I spoke to him about it. He said, "You were totally against the war." Because he was for the war.

HOLT: Why is your judgment better --

TRUMP: Excuse me. And that was before the war started. Sean Hannity said, very strongly, to me and other people, he's willing to say, but nobody wants to call him. I was against the war. He said, "you used to have fights with me" because Sean was in favor of the war. And I understand that side also. Not very much, because we should have never been there. But nobody calls Sean Hannity. And then they did an article in a major magazine shortly after the war started I think in '04, but they did an article which had me totally against the war in Iraq. And one of your compatriots said, you know, whether it was before or right after, Trump was definite because if you read this article, there's no doubt. But if somebody, and I'll ask the press, if somebody would call up Sean Hannity, this was before the war started, he and I used to have arguments about the war. I said it's a terrible and a stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East and that's exactly what it's done.
    Well at least it seems that literally everyone acknowledges that the Iraq War was complete bullshit I guess. TBH, I'm not really sure what point people are finding most important about this. Is it that many years ago Trump said that he supported the Iraq war, and that brings his judgment into question? If so, that's a pretty shitty argument against him if he changed his mind shortly after, which it seems he did. He was hardly the only one who supported the call to war while Bush was lying to everyone about the circumstances surrounding it. Or is the issue simply that he is refusing to admit that at some point he said he supports it, which means he's just a liar, or maybe delusional? Well, that is a valid point for sure... but Trump denies a TON of stuff he's said in the past. Why the focus on that particular lie, which is actually a pretty damn small one in Trump terms? If people want to really call him out on being a liar or in total denial or delusional, I think there are way better examples than this particular one about a comment he made in 2002 about his thoughts on the Iraq war.
    I think the point is to try to guage whether, even in hindsight, would he still say the war needed to happen (since he's always talking about bombing the shit out of everybody). of course he's backpeddling. that's all he knows how to do.

unless he's talking about Rosie O'Donnell.
    If that's it, it's a terrible point. It wasn't even a strong or detailed statement in the first place. Plus he has clarified his viewpoint since then a lot of times. I think it's become an irrelevant talking point now. If I see any more members of the media ask him about it again, I'm going to just assume they are trying to irritate him (and it will probably work). Perhaps that is why people keep bringing it up? Just to get under his skin and see if he can maintain his composure?? Because at this point that's the most relevant thing the question/comment accomplishes.

Haha, yes, he certainly hangs tough when it comes to Rosie O'Donnell, lmao. TBH, I can't stand her either. But I don't understand his apparently uncontrollable need to continue going off about how awful she is. She's a fucking talk show host. Who gives a shit?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

I have a son.

He's 10 years old.

He has computers.

But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing, but that's true throughout our whole governmental society.

We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester and certainly cyber is one of them."

Don't forget his rambling denial about supporting the Iraq war where he tried to phone a friend:

LESTER HOLT: Mr. Trump, with a lot of these are judgment questions. You had supported the war in Iraq before the invasion. What makes your --

TRUMP: That is a mainstream media nonsense put out by her because she frankly I think the best person in her campaign is mainstream media.

TRUMP: Would you like to hear? I was against -- wait a minute. I was against the war in Iraq. Just so you put it out.

TRUMP: The record shows that I'm right. When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows, essentially. I then did an interview with Neil Cavuto, we talked about the economy is more important. I then spoke to Sean Hannity, which everybody refuses to call Sean Hannity. I had numerous conversations with Sean Hannity at Fox [News] and Sean Hannity said, and he called me the other day, and I spoke to him about it. He said, "You were totally against the war." Because he was for the war.

TRUMP: Excuse me. And that was before the war started. Sean Hannity said, very strongly, to me and other people, he's willing to say, but nobody wants to call him. I was against the war. He said, "you used to have fights with me" because Sean was in favor of the war. And I understand that side also. Not very much, because we should have never been there. But nobody calls Sean Hannity. And then they did an article in a major magazine shortly after the war started I think in '04, but they did an article which had me totally against the war in Iraq. And one of your compatriots said, you know, whether it was before or right after, Trump was definite because if you read this article, there's no doubt. But if somebody, and I'll ask the press, if somebody would call up Sean Hannity, this was before the war started, he and I used to have arguments about the war. I said it's a terrible and a stupid thing. It's going to destabilize the Middle East and that's exactly what it's done.
    This is one of those topics that I find interesting in regards to Trump. Essentially, why does it matter in the least bit if he did or did not support the war? Why is it even a topic of conversation for someone that had no government seat. He was a citizen, with no access to classified material or any information to make an informed decision. If he had voting power or was holding a seat like *caugh* senator or something then it might be somewhat relevant. I'm by no means a Trump "supporter", but in the words of Hillary Clinton, "What difference does it make?"
    Seems like there are plenty of other real issues in the bucket to choose from other than ones that didn't effect anyone what so ever. Hillary's support for the war had way greater impact than Trump's would have at that point in history...and she WAS informed.
    It would not be relevant if he wasn't using it as an example of his superior judgment. He has been saying that he as excellent judgment because he was against the war from the beginning. Your point would be right if it wasn't one of his talking points.
    Maybe so, but I would ask him the same question I guess. "Who cares if you supported or did not support the war, you had no power and very little information". It seems like a weird thing to lean on from either side. Much more of a detrimental talking point for someone that held a senate seat at that time.
    If he was smarter and had a manageable ego he would say just that...
    "What difference does it make? I was just a regular citizen who did not have access to the information needed to make such a difficult decision. The burden of that decision lies with the government officials who made it."
    But, no, his ego can't handle the admission of being wrong about anything ever. His campaign, his life, is based on the ridiculous notion that he is right about everything, all the time.

Wow, I reread that and realized Trump isn't capable of making a statement that good. He certainly never has in his campaign.
    What an embarrassment he is to our nation.
    Honestly, shouldn't the ability to create and deliver a proper sentence be a requirement for POTUS??
    Yeah, the "What difference does it make" and then a redirection to Hillary's support for the invasion would seem like the more logical tactic...cannot believe one of these asshats will soon hold our highest office.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:

I'm okay with stiffing a few lousy subcontractors from time to time, and accenting your bathroom in gold with the proceeds, it's business, works both ways, I get stiffed you get stiffed. Now speaking of stiffing, I'm not okay with turning Lincoln's bedroom into a red light room nor am I okay with stealing white house furniture and wall decor. Who does that?
    Who is David Waldman? Kagrox
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,739
    JC29856 said:

I'm okay with stiffing a few lousy subcontractors from time to time, and accenting your bathroom in gold with the proceeds, it's business, works both ways, I get stiffed you get stiffed. Now speaking of stiffing, I'm not okay with turning Lincoln's bedroom into a red light room nor am I okay with stealing white house furniture and wall decor. Who does that?
    Is this a serious statement, or tongue in cheek?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

I have a son.

He's 10 years old.

He has computers.

Well at least it seems that literally everyone acknowledges that the Iraq War was complete bullshit I guess. TBH, I'm not really sure what point people are finding most important about this. Is it that many years ago Trump said that he supported the Iraq war, and that brings his judgment into question? If so, that's a pretty shitty argument against him if he changed his mind shortly after, which it seems he did. He was hardly the only one who supported the call to war while Bush was lying to everyone about the circumstances surrounding it. Or is the issue simply that he is refusing to admit that at some point he said he supports it, which means he's just a liar, or maybe delusional? Well, that is a valid point for sure... but Trump denies a TON of stuff he's said in the past. Why the focus on that particular lie, which is actually a pretty damn small one in Trump terms? If people want to really call him out on being a liar or in total denial or delusional, I think there are way better examples than this particular one about a comment he made in 2002 about his thoughts on the Iraq war.
    I think the point is to try to guage whether, even in hindsight, would he still say the war needed to happen (since he's always talking about bombing the shit out of everybody). of course he's backpeddling. that's all he knows how to do.

If that's it, it's a terrible point. It wasn't even a strong or detailed statement in the first place. Plus he has clarified his viewpoint since then a lot of times. I think it's become an irrelevant talking point now. If I see any more members of the media ask him about it again, I'm going to just assume they are trying to irritate him (and it will probably work). Perhaps that is why people keep bringing it up? Just to get under his skin and see if he can maintain his composure?? Because at this point that's the most relevant thing the question/comment accomplishes.

Haha, yes, he certainly hangs tough when it comes to Rosie O'Donnell, lmao. TBH, I can't stand her either. But I don't understand his apparently uncontrollable need to continue going off about how awful she is. She's a fucking talk show host. Who gives a shit?
    I think it's relevant. if the guy wants to talk about starting wars willy nilly, it makes sense to ask him about one that was started previously and, most everyone believes now, that it was a mistake.

rosie o'donnell is a loudmouth shrew. it's funny watching two idiots go at it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Which part or entirety?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Which part or entirety?
    I hope you aren't justifying stiffing subcontractors. That's a dirty ass thing to do and goes against business ethics and general morality. Small businesses have little leverage so there's nothing they can really do, which makes it all that much worse.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

I have a son.

He's 10 years old.

He has computers.

I think it's relevant. if the guy wants to talk about starting wars willy nilly, it makes sense to ask him about one that was started previously and, most everyone believes now, that it was a mistake.

Yeah, but he also believes that it was a mistake (so he says, and has for a really long time). Don't forget that the government was lying about certain things when the Iraq war began, and that people were still raw about 9/11. I just don't think bringing this up matters anymore. If he STILL maintained that he supported it, yeah, that would be fucked. But he has literally never made that claim since that one time in 2002 right when it was starting. He's answered the question a million times. Why keep asking?? It's not like he's going to say anything new. For me the denial that he ever said it at all means WAY more than him saying it in the first place does.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/opinion/sympathy-for-the-donald.html?ribbon-ad-idx=4&rref=opinion&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Opinion&pgtype=article

Pretty funny article by Bruni. But if it isn't, don't blame me. I didn't write it. It's not my fault. Unless you like it....then you're welcome.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

I have a son.

He's 10 years old.

He has computers.

Yeah, but he also believes that it was a mistake (so he says, and has for a really long time). Don't forget that the government was lying about certain things when the Iraq war began, and that people were still raw about 9/11. I just don't think bringing this up matters anymore. If he STILL maintained that he supported it, yeah, that would be fucked. But he has literally never made that claim since that one time in 2002 right when it was starting. He's answered the question a million times. Why keep asking?? It's not like he's going to say anything new. For me the denial that he ever said it at all means WAY more than him saying it in the first place does.
    true enough.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Surely even Trump isn't fucked up enough to think that making a big issue of Bill Clinton's infidelities is a good idea given his own marriage infidelities? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate.html?emc=edit_th_20160928&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=36548795&_r=0

Holy fuck, this guy is too much. How do Trump supporters feel about the way he reacts when he doesn't do well in a debate? Honest question. Wondering if the petulant blame game seems legit to you.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    PJ_Soul said:

Surely even Trump isn't fucked up enough to think that making a big issue of Bill Clinton's infidelities is a good idea given his own marriage infidelities? http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate.html?emc=edit_th_20160928&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=36548795&_r=0

Holy fuck, this guy is too much. How do Trump supporters feel about the way he reacts when he doesn't do well in a debate? Honest question. Wondering if the petulant blame game seems legit to you.

you can bet that Hillary will have a prepared response if he goes there....I'm guessing he won't
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
  • Options
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    I know it! Haha!
    But it wouldn't surprise me & I still think he's an idiot.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389

PJ_Soul said:

you can bet that Hillary will have a prepared response if he goes there....I'm guessing he won't
    They're hoping he goes there. People generally feel sorry for her when these things get brought up. That's why her favorability ratings were so high during the impeachment nonsense....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,147
    PJ_Soul said:

Its actually embarrassing being an American that Trump is a candidate for President. And even more embarrassing that people are actually gonna vote for this fucking idiot.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

PJ_Soul said:

Its actually embarrassing being an American that Trump is a candidate for President. And even more embarrassing that people are actually gonna vote for this fucking idiot.
    I feel the same way about Trudeau.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FFS, the two aren't even close to comparable no matter how much you may dislike Trudeau. Hey, I absolutely DESPISED Harper and a lot of the shit he did made me sick to my stomach; the man made the fucking atoms feel oppressive in Canada as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not about make myself look completely bitter by trying to suggest that Harper and Trump are comparable in any way, shape, or form.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

That makes absolutely no sense.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

wow. name one thing that Trudeau has done that is any way embarassing to Canada. if anything, he's raised our stock exponentially since he took over.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

wow. name one thing that Trudeau has done that is any way embarassing to Canada. if anything, he's raised our stock exponentially since he took over.
    No kidding. In the last couple months I've been hoping that Canada would invade the US.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think trump should go after the marriage infidelities but I think the rape and sexual harassment allegations are a different story, especially since Hilliary is bringing the trumps treatment of women into the conversation.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No kidding. In the last couple months I've been hoping that Canada would invade the US.
    After you invade Iraq.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

With their hockey sticks? Lmao!!! Good luck with that :bee:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FFS, the two aren't even close to comparable no matter how much you may dislike Trudeau. Hey, I absolutely DESPISED Harper and a lot of the shit he did made me sick to my stomach; the man made the fucking atoms feel oppressive in Canada as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not about make myself look completely bitter by trying to suggest that Harper and Trump are comparable in any way, shape, or form.
    I don't dislike Trudeau I just happen to think he is an empty suit....a man of no substance. Good looking, nice smile, but no "there" there. When it comes to policy he and Trudeau are at the same level of "depth" which just ain't much. At least Trump had a career of doing things prior to running for office. Trudeau was a good looking kid who gave a great eulogy...that was it. Our country elected a Canadian Idol candidate. It is embarrassing.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Saying that he admired Chinese dictatorship was pretty embarrassing. That's the kind of stupid shit Trump says about Russia. He may have raised our stock amongst the global liberal elite but he sure hasn't amongst those who nations who wish to take advantage of western weakness.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Saying that he admired Chinese dictatorship was pretty embarrassing. That's the kind of stupid shit Trump says about Russia. He may have raised our stock amongst the global liberal elite but he sure hasn't amongst those who nations who wish to take advantage of western weakness.
    Please show me any evidence that backs up your opinion here.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Please show me any evidence that backs up your opinion here.
    Here you go...
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/justin-trudeau-s-foolish-china-remarks-spark-anger-1.2421351
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ok, yeah, I remember that, and that was probably not the best thing he could have said. However, he was talking about their economy, not the dictatorship itself.

Saying he is of no substance really isn't true. I find that it quite unfortunate about his good looks; it's just another weak way to trivialize his ability to govern. I think he has done quite a bit so far, and his tenure is still in its infancy. To hard nosed conservatives, I could most of the issues he has tackl d so far as "soft" or 'unnecessary" mainly because most of them are social causes. But it is exactly what a lot of people missed about Canada for the last decade.

Anyway, back to drumpf.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.