Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution Purple Vinyl LP *Sold Out . 1900 copies

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,012
    Ok so purple was only 1900 copies. That is low.

What do people think was the press amount of Mad Splatter?
    First one I have seen on ebay just appeared. The seller wants $1,110,10, but what I have seen occur more and more of late, the seller offers $54 a month over 24months. That makes that huge total attractive if broken down like that.
    Anyway, the seller says ''The "Icing On The Cake" The Rarest Pearl Jam Lp's Ever Made. Only a hand full were pressed. PJ 10 Club Exclusive. NOS. Never Ever Played. Only opened to Verify The Red Splatter.100% Positive Feedback Please Review My Other Items."
    Debatable?
    Anyway, nothing to do with me, as I live in AUS. But I know there is interest out there in this so letting people know.
    Let me know how many copies you think were pressed.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    No idea how many were pressed (not many im sure) but id personally pay maybe a third of that tops. Thats just me. maybe if you're a huge Mad Season fan but even then...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722

No idea how many were pressed (not many im sure) but id personally pay maybe a third of that tops. Thats just me. maybe if you're a huge Mad Season fan but even then...

And the pressing is not very good. It's a bit dull and lifeless. I suppose if you pay a grand for something you aren't going to play it, but still..
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    Yeah i mean im a collector too but everyone's opinions on the hobby are different. It would have to be actual PJ for me to pay a fortune. Again just me. If u want it buy it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

Ok so purple was only 1900 copies. That is low.

What do people think was the press amount of Mad Splatter?
    First one I have seen on ebay just appeared. The seller wants $1,110,10, but what I have seen occur more and more of late, the seller offers $54 a month over 24months. That makes that huge total attractive if broken down like that.
    Anyway, the seller says ''The "Icing On The Cake" The Rarest Pearl Jam Lp's Ever Made. Only a hand full were pressed. PJ 10 Club Exclusive. NOS. Never Ever Played. Only opened to Verify The Red Splatter.100% Positive Feedback Please Review My Other Items."
    Debatable?
    Anyway, nothing to do with me, as I live in AUS. But I know there is interest out there in this so letting people know.
    Let me know how many copies you think were pressed.

1900 copies isn't that few, and I don't think this variant should be worth more than maybe $100, lol. Max. It's not actually a very good album. Flat sound, average performances.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Got it guys. Thanks for the heads up.

Numbers passed though?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Shit. I just sold mine for only $200 and could have asked 1k. :rofl:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Nah dude. ...like i often say asking price on ebay is not often selling price. In aussie slang "tell him he's dreaming"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196
    PP193448 said:

$200? So tempted if I knew about it.

I'm still ISO a red splatter one. Maybe will get lucky at the next Seattle Pop Up Shop event or something ...
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    demetrios said:

PP193448 said:

$200? So tempted if I knew about it.

I'm still ISO a red splatter one. Maybe will get lucky at the next Seattle Pop Up Shop event or something ...
    I traded mine for a copy of binaural.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,150
    PP193448 said:

Best $200 I spent on a record.

I'm going to say there is around 100 of these tops.

I actually think that's high too.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Sold mine for 300 a while back. Nice packaging but the sound of that thing is lackluster. Purple is fine for me
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.