Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Jennytree wrote:
    Never been to Denmark... I can't wait to go to random countries and stalk Pearl Jam!! Rarr.. Copenhagen!

oo ooo ooo!! *jumps up and down*

I'm going, I'm going!!

*jumps a little while longer before realising every one else is acting all cool. stops jumping. looks around. and silently walks behind the corner :o*

ehehe, I don't care! *starts jumping up and down again*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    is "christiana" still a happening spot...i know a few years ago they were trying to get rid of the squatters but i wondered if it still exists as a "free neutral zone"

i got nothing bad to say about copenhagen, the little mermaid, vikings, christiana, et all!!

it's a great city to experience and im really jealous of you all!!! lol

Christiana???? Anyone have any more info on this? Sounds like a place in Bern we went to last september....
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • eMMI wrote:
    oo ooo ooo!! *jumps up and down*

I'm going, I'm going!!

*jumps a little while longer before realising every one else is acting all cool. stops jumping. looks around. and silently walks behind the corner :o*

ehehe, I don't care! *starts jumping up and down again*

I feel exactly the same. I was pretty much jumping around the house when I bought tickets :o:)
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    is "christiana" still a happening spot...i know a few years ago they were trying to get rid of the squatters but i wondered if it still exists as a "free neutral zone"

i got nothing bad to say about copenhagen, the little mermaid, vikings, christiana, et all!!

it's a great city to experience and im really jealous of you all!!! lol

Well, Cristiania is still happening, in the sense that it's still there. But last summer the cops came - this time with some carpenters - and tore the marihuana shops on Pusher Street down.
    But there's still a very special atmosphere outthere and all sorts of interesting people and alternative buildings.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    I need to know more about this christiana????!!
  • dane wrote:
    Well, Cristiania is still happening, in the sense that it's still there. But last summer the cops came - this time with some carpenters - and tore the marihuana shops on Pusher Street down.
    But there's still a very special atmosphere outthere and all sorts of interesting people and alternative buildings.

thanks for the info. i always wondered...i havent been to denmark in probably 10+years. great people. great country.

i remember being stoned & amazed in christiana...denmark f'n R-U-L-E-S :)

total neutral zone...are the cops stopping people who go in there, on their way, out of the "neutral zone" ?
  • moho wrote:
    I need to know more about this christiana????!!

make google your friend, not your enemy ;)

http://www.christiania.org/folderus/

theres lot of websites on it.
    Thank You, i had actually heard of here before. But never put two and two together
  • See you guys in Copenhagen! Wahey! I can't bloody wait! :)
    Stockholm 2000 / Prague 2006 / Berlin 2006 / Vienna 2006
    Anxiously waiting for Copenhagen 2007 & Nijmegen 2007
    thanks for the info. i always wondered...i havent been to denmark in probably 10+years. great people. great country.

i remember being stoned & amazed in christiana...denmark f'n R-U-L-E-S :)

total neutral zone...are the cops stopping people who go in there, on their way, out of the "neutral zone" ?

First of all, it's not a neutral zone. Danish laws aply there too. It's just that before, the government and justicesystem more or less let them have there shops as long as it was "only" MJ. But a new government and an increase in more hard drugs in Cristiania, gave the police the mandate to strike down on them.
    It's not like officers search every person going in and out of the place, but they patrol the area much more often now. But you can't miss them if they're there. They're the guys with black battlesuits, helmets and shields.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,268
    dane wrote:
    Regular tix go on sale monday morning 10 am. http://www.billetlugen.dk

and arrived here in the UK at 9 am this morning. Well impressed with that service!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • CharliePCharlieP Posts: 1,035
    Copenhagen just sold out...

can´t wait to see you all you fantastic people here!!!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

ilockyer wrote:
    and arrived here in the UK at 9 am this morning. Well impressed with that service!

Geesus, that was fast!! I have officially changed my view on Billetlugen. I was afraid that this board would be stormed by raging jammers unable to purchase tix via their homepage. But everything seems to have gone smoothly (unlike others...Sorry;) ).
    See you all in Copenhagen!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,250
    CharlieP wrote:
    Copenhagen just sold out...

can´t wait to see you all you fantastic people here!!!

Fona tickets as well?

Got tickets for me, my brother and 2 friends so it's all good!

DET BLIVER STORT

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Why is it not June already?

I have no patience :(
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,268
    dane wrote:
    Geesus, that was fast!! I have officially changed my view on Billetlugen. I was afraid that this board would be stormed by raging jammers unable to purchase tix via their homepage. But everything seems to have gone smoothly (unlike others...Sorry;) ).
    See you all in Copenhagen!!

Yeah, I was expecting to have to wait a couple of weeks since they were sent normal post. Very impressed and much looking forward to Copenhagen and Nijmegen. Hopefully Wembley too.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • RJ79RJ79 Posts: 1
    3 more from Sweden coming. see ya all in Copenhagen
  • I didn't check my email until it was to late......
    can anyone help out a tenclubmember(who is very pissed with himself) with 2 copenhagen-tickets.......
    So long since they been around here.

thanx
    hey ho lets go
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    FUCK!!!! I was going to buy and I have been waiting for these my whole life!! Jesus Christ!! They are sold out!!!
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • moho wrote:
    I dont think its sold out... have the tickets even gone on sale yet publicly? I mean 10C is out but There is still all the other tickets left to go on sale!

You can STILL buy tickets at Billetlugen.dk and at Fona shops all over Denmark. I bought my ticket monday morning when they went on sale.
    To my knowledge the show isn`t sold out yet.

good luck, and see ya at the show of the year!

Kasper, Denmark

ps: Let`s have danish band Kashmir opening for PJ!
  • fowls wrote:
    What capacity is it?
    I'll be there. First time in Denmark for 15 years (went to Copenhagen & Legoland when I was 5 :) ).

There`s room for a crowd of about 10.000. Cool place. It`s perfect for Pearl Jam!

Kasper, Denmark
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,250
    pj_denmark wrote:
    You can STILL buy tickets at Billetlugen.dk and at Fona shops all over Denmark. I bought my ticket monday morning when they went on sale.
    To my knowledge the show isn`t sold out yet.

good luck, and see ya at the show of the year!

Kasper, Denmark

ps: Let`s have danish band Kashmir opening for PJ!

Nope.. billetlugen says sold out..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    .Up here you can book the tickets for 3 days and then if you don´t pick them up it´s up for sale. So after the 3 days a bunch of tickets is realesed.
    And i guess alot of tickets is gonna be on ebay for not so much money.

I got my ticket today, really surprised of the fast shippping only two days!.
    Have to pay my respect to denmark and drink some carlsbergs
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Does anyone have a good hotel to recommend me in Copenhagen ?
    I will spend 4 or 5 days with my girlfriend... I would prefer something in the center of teh city... not crappy...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    pj_denmark wrote:
    Kasper, Denmark

Hear hear!!! Kashmir is by far the best danish band ever. And leadsinger Kasper Eistrup is clearly inspired by Ed (atleast on the first records). To all that don't know them, check http://www.kashmir.dk.
    Julien wrote:
    Does anyone have a good hotel to recommend me in Copenhagen ?
    I will spend 4 or 5 days with my girlfriend... I would prefer something in the center of teh city... not crappy...

Haven't stayed in any hotels in CPH, but I have heard that Cabinn is both cheap and with an OK standard. There's one just a few hundred meters away from Forum and my guess is that it'll be invaded by jammers in june. (brings back lots of memories from Aparthotel an der Spree in Berlin)http://www.cabinn.dk/UK/index.htm
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    I feel exactly the same. I was pretty much jumping around the house when I bought tickets :o:)

hehe. :D I was so so so happy when I was told that I could have the ticket!! la la laa. :D still very happy.

btw. totally off topic but I see you're from Yorkshire.. I might/will be moving there in July. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dane wrote:
    Hear hear!!! Kashmir is by far the best danish band ever. And leadsinger Kasper Eistrup is clearly inspired by Ed (atleast on the first records). To all that don't know them, check http://www.kashmir.dk.

Haven't stayed in any hotels in CPH, but I have heard that Cabinn is both cheap and with an OK standard. There's one just a few hundred meters away from Forum and my guess is that it'll be invaded by jammers in june. (brings back lots of memories from Aparthotel an der Spree in Berlin)http://www.cabinn.dk/UK/index.htm

Thanks for the advise.
    I will try Kashmir...
    Somebody already recommedn me the Cabinn hotel.
    It looks good but I would prefer something more romantic... and I'm ready to pay a bit more. Any idea ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    eMMI wrote:
    hehe. :D I was so so so happy when I was told that I could have the ticket!! la la laa. :D still very happy.

Go team Copenhagen!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • eMMI wrote:

btw. totally off topic but I see you're from Yorkshire.. I might/will be moving there in July. :)

Cool! I don't know any PJ fan around here. Except my mum :p

The show is the day before my 18th birthday so I'm especially excited! My mums been asking me for months what I wanted to do, and I kept telling her "I wanna goo see Pearl Jam again!" Nice planning, PJ!! And half of my family is Danish so.... YEY!

And is Kashmir that band that has a song about Darth Vader :confused:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Go team Copenhagen!!

team Copenhagen?! I love it! :D *does a team Copenhagen cheer*