Options

Petition For Online Wrigley Poster Pre-Order

Comments

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    Signed
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    ain't gonna happen. the band went 100% backwards when they stopped offering a pre-sale poster, sight unseen to 10c members. to this very day i still wonder why they had an about face on that......
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Keep hope alive!
    PA
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 575
    Fenway bump
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,958
    BUMP!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

ain't gonna happen. the band went 100% backwards when they stopped offering a pre-sale poster, sight unseen to 10c members. to this very day i still wonder why they had an about face on that......

You're pooping on our positivity parade. :frowning:

BUMP!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    deadendp said:

BUMP!
    YEAH. why don't you go listen to RNDM

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Good morning bump!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Heat index bump.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Today is the day! unless it's not
  • Options
    deadendp said:

BUMP!
    i just don't want y'all to get yer hopes up...but IMO it's not gonna happen. but good luck with the dream....
    why it won't happen is really what you/we all should be asking. IMO PJ is not doing things right here and they are almost always right. hmmmft
    maybe they really sadly enjoy having fans wait for 3+ hours for a poster...hello telluride!
  • Options
    mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 108
    How about they charge $100 a poster and give margin to charity. I think many folks would gladly pay to get back that precious time before a show to spend time with family/friends. Otherwise, that $$ goes to the secondary market. Just a thought.
  • Options
    there are so many ways to do it right and yet they want people to wait in a line for 3+ hours to buy a poster. i just don't get it at all.... can anyone think of a good reason why they want this?
    open up the presales of posters, sight unseen, especially for people who won 10c tickets...it can't be that hard....
    "Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying" totally applies to this thread.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

there are so many ways to do it right and yet they want people to wait in a line for 3+ hours to buy a poster. i just don't get it at all.... can anyone think of a good reason why they want this?
    open up the presales of posters, sight unseen, especially for people who won 10c tickets...it can't be that hard....
    "Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying" totally applies to this thread.

I agree they should sell the preorder sight unseen.

And it always funny how people that won 10c tickets want to be rewarded again against those of us that got shut out. Maybe it would be cool if they allowed a preorder to those who put in an lost first.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

Three hours would be a dream compared to the last time I stood on line for merch at Wrigley. (Yes, I know, no one forced me to stand on line.) It would be nice if we could avoid this (or perhaps reduce this) with a pre-order for both Fenway and Wrigley.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    i heard/read nothing but absolute nightmares at wrigley last time as far as merch goes. this is part of the reason why i give up. don't want any pins or stickers or hockey jerseys or custom city designed tshirts etc if i have to wait in line for 3+ hours. telluride was the final nail in the coffin for me. i'll just buy the stuff on ebay from now on and i don't care if it's 3 times the price and i don't care if i am supporting niners fan and his organized posse. i saw people walk out with 5+ telluride posters in their hands. total fucking nonsense.
  • Options
    Bumping because I believe it could happen!
  • Options

i heard/read nothing but absolute nightmares at wrigley last time as far as merch goes. this is part of the reason why i give up. don't want any pins or stickers or hockey jerseys or custom city designed tshirts etc if i have to wait in line for 3+ hours. telluride was the final nail in the coffin for me. i'll just buy the stuff on ebay from now on and i don't care if it's 3 times the price and i don't care if i am supporting niners fan and his organized posse. i saw people walk out with 5+ telluride posters in their hands. total fucking nonsense.

I completely understand your frustration, as I was at the Wrigley show and witnessed first-hand the tomfoolery of the lines and completely unabated purchasing of multiple posters at pop-up trucks from people openly expressing that they weren't going to the show. It was pretty cool, I thought, that the band commissioned 4 different posters to be printed and sold. Sure, for the OCD collector like myself it meant probably having to pick and choose which one(s) to try and buy, but the flip side was that there were more options and hopefully more to go around. It was quite deflating, however, when more than a few people (quite a few of which had skipped in front of increasingly disorganized lines) walked away with 8 posters (2 copies of each).
    Please understand, like I said in this original thread posting, that I didn't intend for this discussion to be a complain-a-thon. I just feel that there is a better way and hoped with a little support (thanks again everyone who has signed and kept bumping) that with a little dialogue we might persuade the Ten Club to furrow there collective brows, put their heads together, and try something different.
    I absolutely love that Pearl Jam creates unique merch specific to each show. And I love how fan-friendly and accommodating the Ten Club is. These stadium and festival-sized events are the exception to the norm and as such are probably much harder to anticipate in terms of crowd-swell at merch stands. Not to mention the coordination involved with basically asking Chicago to loan us all one of the most visited city blocks at the peak of summer and tourist season. So THANK YOU Ten Club. From all of us.
    I don't feel that a voucher for merch pick-up in person should be relegated to Ten Club members who only won the ticket lottery. Make it available to any and all Ten Clubbers, with the simple but effective caveat being that only the Ten Clubber who purchased the voucher can pick up the merch, just the same as tickets. That eliminates the carbon footprint of sending out mail order posters like I originally suggested, and should also greatly reduce the number of flippers. If someone wants to hop back in the regular merch to try and grab even more stuff, more power to them.
    This fan club spoils us (and please don't stop by the way). This band can't help that they have become enormous. They still have the most intimate shows of allmost any band around, despite the size of the venues. So thanks again for trying as always to help us out. Some of us get bitter but the majority of us are greatly appreciative.
    And on that note, Bump!
  • Options
    And sorry for the long-winded ramble
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455

I'm totally with you, bro. Telluride was supposed to be the "easy" merch line. Not only did the wait in line suck fucking balls but they were sold the fuck out of stickers and posters by the time I got to the front. It's a massive aggravation that is totally avoidable. The band can either presale this shit on their website or I can say "fuck it" and realize the mark up that I pay to some dickhead on ebay is less than my hourly time is worth standing in some never-ending line for a fucking t-shirt. It's complete insanity.
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    And it always funny how people that won 10c tickets want to be rewarded again against those of us that got shut out. Maybe it would be cool if they allowed a preorder to those who put in an lost first.

Your thinking is right on!!
    To be fair to all, any 10c member with a ticket should be allowed for the presale if offered.

• Options

I completely understand your frustration, as I was at the Wrigley show and witnessed first-hand the tomfoolery of the lines and completely unabated purchasing of multiple posters at pop-up trucks from people openly expressing that they weren't going to the show. It was pretty cool, I thought, that the band commissioned 4 different posters to be printed and sold. Sure, for the OCD collector like myself it meant probably having to pick and choose which one(s) to try and buy, but the flip side was that there were more options and hopefully more to go around. It was quite deflating, however, when more than a few people (quite a few of which had skipped in front of increasingly disorganized lines) walked away with 8 posters (2 copies of each).
    Please understand, like I said in this original thread posting, that I didn't intend for this discussion to be a complain-a-thon. I just feel that there is a better way and hoped with a little support (thanks again everyone who has signed and kept bumping) that with a little dialogue we might persuade the Ten Club to furrow there collective brows, put their heads together, and try something different.
    I absolutely love that Pearl Jam creates unique merch specific to each show. And I love how fan-friendly and accommodating the Ten Club is. These stadium and festival-sized events are the exception to the norm and as such are probably much harder to anticipate in terms of crowd-swell at merch stands. Not to mention the coordination involved with basically asking Chicago to loan us all one of the most visited city blocks at the peak of summer and tourist season. So THANK YOU Ten Club. From all of us.
    I don't feel that a voucher for merch pick-up in person should be relegated to Ten Club members who only won the ticket lottery. Make it available to any and all Ten Clubbers, with the simple but effective caveat being that only the Ten Clubber who purchased the voucher can pick up the merch, just the same as tickets. That eliminates the carbon footprint of sending out mail order posters like I originally suggested, and should also greatly reduce the number of flippers. If someone wants to hop back in the regular merch to try and grab even more stuff, more power to them.
    This fan club spoils us (and please don't stop by the way). This band can't help that they have become enormous. They still have the most intimate shows of allmost any band around, despite the size of the venues. So thanks again for trying as always to help us out. Some of us get bitter but the majority of us are greatly appreciative.
    And on that note, Bump!
    :rock_on:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    WildFly said:

Your thinking is right on!!
    To be fair to all, any 10c member with a ticket should be allowed for the presale if offered.

I hear ya, that's why any and ALL ten club members who want to purchase a voucher should be able to. You just gotta pick up your stuff in person is all.
  • Options
    I apologize i posted this after I read the entirety of your post
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    If it's as hot that week as it is this week, I'm not leaving the hotel until I absolutely have too...haha
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    twenty3footstepstwenty3footsteps Toronto Posts: 37
    This needs to happen bump
    caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go...

08/22/98 Molson Park, Barrie, Ontario - 10/05/00 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 06/28/03 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, Ontario - 09/19/05 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 05/09/06 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 05/10/06 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 08/21/09 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, Ontario - 05/10/10 HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY - 09/11/11 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 09/12/11 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 09/15/11 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario - 10/12/13 First Niagra Center, Buffalo, NY - 09/26/15 Great Lawn, Central Park, NY - 05/05/16 Centre Vidéotron, Quebec City, Quebec - 05/08/16 Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Ontario - 05/12/16 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 08/20/16 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL - 11/14/16 The Forum, LA, California (TOTD)
  • Options
    Thank you, 20. I agree!

Bump!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,849
    #pleasemakethishappen
  • Options
    Just got off work and drinking a frosty one bump
  • Options