Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Late April in Kentucky...I think we'll be okay
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 284
    Coming from Indy. Put in for Reserve. Never been to Lexington before. Really looking forward to it!
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    I didn't look at the seating chart til just now. Kind of sucks they're only using half the arena. The back is blocked off. Understandable though because of the venue size and being a Tuesday night.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    They could open up seats at anytime.

Thank you for answering me about the weather a few pages back - appreciate it!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    I'm coming! I'm coming!
    I might even buy one of those big ass Kentucky derby hats.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options
    Rupp is really cool but the acoustics aren't the best but it'll be a good show. It's huge and there is lots of college basketball history. I've lived in Lexington my whole life and in the last 5-10 years it has grown tremendously. We have 4 really good breweries. Country Boy is my favorite. Small place and great beer. About a 15-20 minute walk from Rupp Arena. West Sixth is awesome as well but more of a drive...kind of a rough area for Lexington. Blue Stallion and Ethereal are also withing the area but more than likely driving due to the areas. Ethereal also has a cool little bar called The Breakroom near by, an excellent ice cream shop called Crank and Boom, and usually a foodtruck will be near by around 5 or 6. A little closer to Rupp you have Hopcat which has 100 beers on tap which is fairly pricey. They have the "Local 20" on tap which will be about 4/5 bucks a pint and you can try most of the breweries listed above. Food is decent, nothing amazing. Pies and Pints is a good pizza place near by and has a great beer selection. Saul Good has excellent food with about 20 beers on tap. There is a parking garage on Short Street for Victorian Square which is a great place to park, especially if it's raining. there are 2 pedways that lead to Rupp and you can access the 3 restaurants above from inside the area. If you are in for an expensive amazing steak Tony's is near by as well.

The Rupp show falls on my birthday so it's an excellent gift. If anyone wants to meet up for drinks before hand or after just PM me. Also if anyone has any other questions about the area you can PM me as well. I definitely recommend trying to get by Country Boy or West Sixth if possible. They always have about 12 or more beers on tap plus Country Boy keeps about 10 guest taps of some good shit as well. I hope you all enjoy Lexington. Although it isn't a big city, it's slowly become a really cool city.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    Thanks BE!
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289

Rupp is really cool but the acoustics aren't the best but it'll be a good show. It's huge and there is lots of college basketball history. I've lived in Lexington my whole life and in the last 5-10 years it has grown tremendously. We have 4 really good breweries. Country Boy is my favorite. Small place and great beer. About a 15-20 minute walk from Rupp Arena. West Sixth is awesome as well but more of a drive...kind of a rough area for Lexington. Blue Stallion and Ethereal are also withing the area but more than likely driving due to the areas. Ethereal also has a cool little bar called The Breakroom near by, an excellent ice cream shop called Crank and Boom, and usually a foodtruck will be near by around 5 or 6. A little closer to Rupp you have Hopcat which has 100 beers on tap which is fairly pricey. They have the "Local 20" on tap which will be about 4/5 bucks a pint and you can try most of the breweries listed above. Food is decent, nothing amazing. Pies and Pints is a good pizza place near by and has a great beer selection. Saul Good has excellent food with about 20 beers on tap. There is a parking garage on Short Street for Victorian Square which is a great place to park, especially if it's raining. there are 2 pedways that lead to Rupp and you can access the 3 restaurants above from inside the area. If you are in for an expensive amazing steak Tony's is near by as well.

The Rupp show falls on my birthday so it's an excellent gift. If anyone wants to meet up for drinks before hand or after just PM me. Also if anyone has any other questions about the area you can PM me as well. I definitely recommend trying to get by Country Boy or West Sixth if possible. They always have about 12 or more beers on tap plus Country Boy keeps about 10 guest taps of some good shit as well. I hope you all enjoy Lexington. Although it isn't a big city, it's slowly become a really cool city.

Great info! Thanks.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763

Good to see someone else from Lexington providing info on our city. Your suggestions mirror many of the ones that I mentioned earlier. I love HopCat as well, but it's new and a chain, so I didn't mention it.

My only correction is that Country Boy isn't 15-20 minutes walk away from the arena. It's only about 5-6 blocks. At the most it's 7 minutes or so only if you have to wait for traffic at the intersections. I love it, though.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    TL170678 said:

I've never had a truly bad concert experience there (have seen numerous shows over the years, including PJ 2003, , Tom Petty 2002, Nine Inch Nails 2006,
    @Spoony C
    I was at these 3 shows too.... Do you remember how insane the floor area was during NIN? It was awesome and packed like sardines. Just a giant mosh pit basically....
    Pearl Jam were awesome.
    Tom Petty played the entire Last DJ album...My buddy hated it, I thought it was great.

I really suck at replying on this message board.

I was at the back of the floor for NIN, behind the main crush of people. I had just turned 30, and my moshing days were already well behind me. :-) Had floor seats for Petty (maybe 15 rows back or so), and 10 Club floor seats for PJ (about 20 rows back, member #210XXX, but that was the tour where they combined seniority and arrival time, and I was fairly late to get to the box office). Was a great show, though.
  • Options
    I just won tickets from WEBN in Cincinnati this morning, so I am in. Still waiting to see if got lottery for Reserved, as 10C tix are always better than the radio giveaway seats.
  • Options
    know1 said:

Good to see someone else from Lexington providing info on our city. Your suggestions mirror many of the ones that I mentioned earlier. I love HopCat as well, but it's new and a chain, so I didn't mention it.

My only correction is that Country Boy isn't 15-20 minutes walk away from the arena. It's only about 5-6 blocks. At the most it's 7 minutes or so only if you have to wait for traffic at the intersections. I love it, though.
    Yeah I didn't see your information from earlier. I just read a few comments and posted. I've never actually made the walk to Country Boy. Usually the only time I go to Rupp is this time of year and it's too damn cold. Haha. Hop cat is in fact a chain but they refuse to sell InBev products so I'm good with them.

I failed to mention Keeneland forgetting that it's gonna be in season. Definitely if anyone gets a chance, check it out. It won't run the day of the show. It runs Wednesday though.

I'm pumped. It'll be cool for a bunch of people to check out the downtown area and if you were down for the 03 show you won't recognize it.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited January 2016

I'm coming! I'm coming!
    I might even buy one of those big ass Kentucky derby hats.

just dont wear it to the show :) haha

best of luck to everyone...30min!

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Gibson said:

Planning on driving in from Toronto. Would be happy to pick up anyone on the way.
    Also looking for a single ticket. Sent a PM based on some mentions in this thread.

Or should I just put into the lottery and try to sell an extra?

I was considering flying down from Toronto, but the drive isn't terribly long. Once I find out lottery results I'll start getting into logistics mode. I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    I put in for KY. Will be driving from STL. So pumped!
  • Options
    Got a few STL coming! :rock_on:
  • Options

Same here STL representing!

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I might be traveling solo to this one.. Anyone else ??

I think there's a few of us in this thread
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    pjalive21 said:

Same here STL representing!

Nice. There will be several others with me. Lots of STL!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Ok now that the lottery is closed, update on who made the cut...good luck everyone!
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 566
    edited January 2016
    I am keeping my fingers crossed, i live in Indianapolis but have a cabin in Southern Indiana that is 2 hours away from Lexington.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I will be there - dragging my husband with me. Have already booked a loft through Airbnb. Fingers crossed we get 10c tics.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    HambyHamby Cincy O-H-I-O Posts: 5
    Roll up some of that blue grass. See you in GA! good luck to all.
    www.matthewhamby.com
    Buff - 2013 - Cincy - 2014 - Lexington - 2016
  • Options
    Hamby said:

Roll up some of that blue grass. See you in GA! good luck to all.

Nice. 1st choice?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    HambyHamby Cincy O-H-I-O Posts: 5
    1st. got lucky :)
    www.matthewhamby.com
    Buff - 2013 - Cincy - 2014 - Lexington - 2016
  • Options
    WendyinKYWendyinKY Paris, KY USA Posts: 1
    Yay! Got GA! Missed them in 2014 when they were in the area due to being out of the country so it's been awhile...
    08/12/00 Tampa
    08/18/00 Indianapolis
    08/20/00 Cincinnati
    04/21/03 Lexington
    10/02/04 Toledo (Vote for Change)
    06/24/06 Cincinnati
    06/14/08 Manchester, TN (Bonnaroo)
    10/04/09 Austin (ACL Festival)
    05/07/10 Indianapolis
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley (PJ20)
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley (PJ20)
    09/22/12 Atlanta (Midtown Music)
    04/26/16 Lexington
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    I'm in. Reserved (was first choice).
  • Options
    im thinking im going to get shut out...Yikes!
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    edited January 2016
    I'm in. Won reserved which was my first choice. Fan club number 256xxx. The last show I went to (2014), my seats finally seemed to be getting better. They were stage height just in front of the corner on Stone's side.

Someone should start a list.

I'll monitor this thread and help answer questions as I work in Lexington and live just outside it. I went to UK and have been to Rupp arena many, many times including a basketball game 2 months ago.
    Post edited by know1 on
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

im thinking im going to get shut out...Yikes!

Let's not panic yet. Although I admit it makes me nervous.