Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm in. If I don't want to pay to be on top of the arena - cabs, van, shuttle....any services?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

Lexington will be my 4th and final gig of the tour. Very excited! So the Rupp Arena holds roughly 23K people? That's a fucking huge arena.

Nothing will be set up behind the stage, though.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited January 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

I'm in. If I don't want to pay to be on top of the arena - cabs, van, shuttle....any services?

I got a good hotel less than a mile away. I'm hoping there are decent sidewalks so I can walk to and from the show.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Awesome. I'm getting quotes $199+. I may not be willing to pay that.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Awesome. I'm getting quotes $199+. I may not be willing to pay that.

With tax mine is around $180. Spring hill suites through hotels.com
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,510
    Flying in from Vancouver! Picking up the tour here and then following it to Toronto. I am a big bourbon fan, and this has always been a place I've wanted to visit as I grew up with a grandfather who owned racehorses and took me to the track every weekend as a kid. My wife and I have travelled in the US quite a bit, but Kentucky has always been #1 on my list, so glad to finally pair PJ with it! I'm beyond excited for this show. Going to fly in 3 days earlier just to check out Louisville and Frankfort before getting to Lexington. See y'all there!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Driving down from Des Moines for this show. I did the whole AirBnb thing. I think this is as close to a Midwest show that we have until Wrigley. Can't wait!
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    edited January 2016
    KC138045 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I got a good hotel less than a mile away. I'm hoping there are decent sidewalks so I can walk to and from the show.
    You'll have sidewalks between you and the arena and it's not a bad walk. Some of it isn't very scenic, but it will be fine. The bonus is that you have Country Boy Brewing at about your halfway point. It doesn't look like much, but their beers are good. Plan some extra time on your way to the arena and stop for a pint or two.
    Post edited by know1 on
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    mwplum said:

Flying in from Vancouver! Picking up the tour here and then following it to Toronto. I am a big bourbon fan, and this has always been a place I've wanted to visit as I grew up with a grandfather who owned racehorses and took me to the track every weekend as a kid. My wife and I have travelled in the US quite a bit, but Kentucky has always been #1 on my list, so glad to finally pair PJ with it! I'm beyond excited for this show. Going to fly in 3 days earlier just to check out Louisville and Frankfort before getting to Lexington. See y'all there!

As I mentioned earlier, you do not want to miss Keeneland. If you're flying in that early, go there on the weekend and then check out Frankfort and Louisville the other days. I wouldn't bother with either one of those, though. I'd go on some distillery tours or go for a hike at Red River Gorge or even the Kentucky Horse Park. There's almost nothing to see in Frankfort and I'm not sure what you'd want to visit in Louisville either.

• Options
    know1 said:

KC138045 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

You'll have sidewalks between you and the arena and it's not a bad walk. Some of it isn't very scenic, but it will be fine. The bonus is that you have Country Boy Brewing at about your halfway point. It doesn't look like much, but their beers are good. Plan some extra time on your way to the arena and stop for a pint or two.
    Thanks for the info!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 290
    Driving down from Indy. Booked the Hyatt last night. Can't wait to check out Lexington!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    adamvs91 said:

Driving down from Des Moines for this show. I did the whole AirBnb thing. I think this is as close to a Midwest show that we have until Wrigley. Can't wait!

I did Airbnb too and im by the campus about a mile from Rupp, just going to walk to the show...only spent 40 bucks on a tiny apartment with the discount, couldn't beat that for what hotels were asking for..hope to see everyone there

• Options
    BTW 43% in Lexington for GA
  • Options
    Ok. So this airbnb is staying at a strangers home? At the same time they'll be home lol?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok. So this airbnb is staying at a strangers home? At the same time they'll be home lol?

you can either rent a room in their house (private or not private), attached to the house, or in most cases ive seen you rent out the whole apartment...most of them that I have seen are private and the one I booked for Lexington is a tiny studio apartment and he will not be there he just owns it

• Options
    Ok fair enough. Thanks.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,510
    know1 said:

mwplum said:

As I mentioned earlier, you do not want to miss Keeneland. If you're flying in that early, go there on the weekend and then check out Frankfort and Louisville the other days. I wouldn't bother with either one of those, though. I'd go on some distillery tours or go for a hike at Red River Gorge or even the Kentucky Horse Park. There's almost nothing to see in Frankfort and I'm not sure what you'd want to visit in Louisville either.
    Thanks very much for the info! I'm definitely going to make it to Keeneland now that I know racing is on the Sunday or Wednesday. My Plan for Frankfort was to go to Buffalo Trace, and Lousiville the plan was to go to the Stitzel-Weller distillery. Hopefully will have time to hit many in-between like Four Roses. Are there any smaller distilleries that someone outside of Kentucky might not know about that you'd recommend? Other than that may just take a tour of Churchill Downs.

Thanks again and enjoy the show!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    know1 said:

mwplum said:

about how far is the Red River Gorge from the venue ?? I might have to do this if I have time
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mwplum said:

know1 said:

mwplum said:

Thanks very much for the info! I'm definitely going to make it to Keeneland now that I know racing is on the Sunday or Wednesday. My Plan for Frankfort was to go to Buffalo Trace, and Lousiville the plan was to go to the Stitzel-Weller distillery. Hopefully will have time to hit many in-between like Four Roses. Are there any smaller distilleries that someone outside of Kentucky might not know about that you'd recommend? Other than that may just take a tour of Churchill Downs.

Thanks again and enjoy the show!
    I mentioned earlier that my brother really likes the tour at Wild Turkey. After thinking about it, I believe I was mistaken. I think it was Four Roses. It's not far from Lexington or Frankfort. Another good one is Woodford Reserve. I've done that tour and thought it was great. At that time of year, it should be beautiful.

I really haven't done many of the tours. Here's a website that might help: http://kybourbontrail.com/

I don't think I'd bother with Churchill. If you go to Keeneland first, Churchill will be a huge step down. There just isn't much to see there, but it is the place they run the KY Derby, so there's that.

Regarding Keeneland, if you go on Sunday it will likely be packed unless the weather is bad. Like, elbow to elbow packed. If you want it to be a little more relaxed and a little more room to breathe, go on Wednesday. Post time isn't until 1:00ish, so you have plenty of time after a late night. Just wanted to set some expectations.
    Post edited by know1 on

• Options
    yellowwho said:

know1 said:

mwplum said:

about how far is the Red River Gorge from the venue ?? I might have to do this if I have time
    About an hour and a half. Maybe a bit less. If you're into hiking, that's the place to go.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/dbnf/recarea/?recid=39458

• Options
    know1 said:

yellowwho said:

know1 said:

mwplum said:

About an hour and a half. Maybe a bit less. If you're into hiking, that's the place to go.

thanks, think I'm gonna check it out
  • Options
    know1 said:

yellowwho said:

know1 said:

mwplum said:

mountain bike trails too...or just hiking
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

know1 said:

yellowwho said:

know1 said:

mwplum said:

mountain bike trails too...or just hiking
    If you scroll down to Activities on the link I shared, it shows a few mountain biking trails.

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Birthday show for me! Couldn't be more excited! See you there!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    jlaustin said:

Birthday show for me! Couldn't be more excited! See you there!

hey same here! birthday bourbon for us

• Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Are you driving? If you would pick up an old lady near Akron OH, I would pay for hotel, lol!

Was hoping for Atlanta because of cheap flights - looking at the schedule, Tampa actually comes out cheapest if I have to fly.
  • Options
    I only drive. Cannot afford flights. You're a stranger :lol: anyone else here know ya?
  • Options
    Ha! I am a total unknown. The youngest is finally a senior in high school and it is time for Mom to play! Hope to meet you and a lot of others some day.....
  • Options
    mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    edited January 2016
    I'm coming up from middle Tennessee. Never been to Lexington. I live an hour and a half from Bonnaroo, but i refuse to put up with that mess. I'm really bummed that the Nashville show fell through, but I'm looking forward to checking out a new town. One good thing about PJ not playing near me is that it has given me some great travels. Booked a room at the Hyatt.
  • Options
    Hyatt sounds popular. How close to Rupp?