Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

adamvs91 said:

Driving down from Des Moines for this show. I did the whole AirBnb thing. I think this is as close to a Midwest show that we have until Wrigley. Can't wait!

I did Airbnb too and im by the campus about a mile from Rupp, just going to walk to the show...only spent 40 bucks on a tiny apartment with the discount, couldn't beat that for what hotels were asking for..hope to see everyone there

My place is about a mile and a half from Rupp, I think I'll be walking too. It's a 10 hour drive from Iowa, so we'll be coming down early Monday and leaving early on Wednesday. Only 80 bucks a night for a whole private floor and a couple of beds - can't beat that!
  • Options
    mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hyatt sounds popular. How close to Rupp?

Buildings are connected from what I've seen.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    adamvs91 said:

pjalive21 said:

adamvs91 said:

Driving down from Des Moines for this show. I did the whole AirBnb thing. I think this is as close to a Midwest show that we have until Wrigley. Can't wait!

I did Airbnb too and im by the campus about a mile from Rupp, just going to walk to the show...only spent 40 bucks on a tiny apartment with the discount, couldn't beat that for what hotels were asking for..hope to see everyone there

My place is about a mile and a half from Rupp, I think I'll be walking too. It's a 10 hour drive from Iowa, so we'll be coming down early Monday and leaving early on Wednesday. Only 80 bucks a night for a whole private floor and a couple of beds - can't beat that!
    Ill be on East Maxwell St, what about you? sounds like we will be close...we should get some people together and all meet up and go to the distillery

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

FoxyRedLa said:

Hyatt sounds popular. How close to Rupp?

Buildings are connected from what I've seen.
    Cool. I'll check it out. I don't mind walking - just not familiar. Thanks.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

adamvs91 said:

pjalive21 said:

adamvs91 said:

Ill be on East Maxwell St, what about you? sounds like we will be close...we should get some people together and all meet up and go to the distillery

I'm on Mentelle Park. Let's get a group together and do a distillery!
  • Options
    adamvs91 said:

pjalive21 said:

adamvs91 said:

pjalive21 said:

adamvs91 said:

I'm on Mentelle Park. Let's get a group together and do a distillery!
    Oh man you are super close you're just to the north of Highway 25 I'm by Woodland Park on the outskirts of U of K
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Driving in from Memphis! What hotel does anyone recommend to stay a couple of nights?
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    I'm (hopefully) in for Lexington! Driving from Knoxville and will probably come back home right after the show! Only around 3 hours away
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    Yikes that ride would be rough for me after a long day and show. Good luck!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Yikes that ride would be rough for me after a long day and show. Good luck!

Whatever we can do to avoid high hotel prices since I'm a bit of a cheapskate! :hang_loose:
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Put in for a pair or seats, Lexington and wrigley are the stops on this tour(hopefully).
    The area around Lexington is beautiful with all the horse farms. Nice scenic drive.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Just booked the Hyatt connected to Rupp. Only thing pending is my confirmation email for tickets anywhere in the building.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    The GA odds are not looking good. I may switch that out for reserved seating which is still remarkably at 99%!

• Options

The GA odds are not looking good. I may switch that out for reserved seating which is still remarkably at 99%!

You can still score them on second choice...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Right now Lexington RS is my fourth choice. So if I miss out on GA, think I can score them?

• Options

PP193448 said:

Right now Lexington RS is my fourth choice. So if I miss out on GA, think I can score them?
    Well, I know there were people in 2013 that scored tickets as latter picks such as priority 5 or 6... But I would plan to try ticketmaster on the 29th. This tour might get booked up faster. Good luck regardless.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

This odds calculator is making everyone crazy. I'm trying hard not to pay attention to them. If Lexington is your top show and you really want GA then I would leave it as your first and move reserved to your second choice.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Hyatt is expensive but probably worth it to save hassle after the show.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Yes I agree! Don't have to pay extra for parking and don't have to worry about drinking! Win win. Totally worth a few extra bucks.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    I'm staying at The Campbell House. Looks to be about a mile and a half from Rupp.

Must try bars or restaurants around campus?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    ComeToTX said:

I'm staying at The Campbell House. Looks to be about a mile and a half from Rupp.

Must try bars or restaurants around campus?

For the true, local Lexington restaurant experience, you need to go to one of the Ramsey's locations. There are 3 and one of them isn't too far from campus.

As far as bars, I usually just go to one of the breweries, but I'm a beer fan. Country Boy, Blue Stallion, Ethereal and West Sixth are the best option. There are several good bars downtown near the arena including Parlay Social and Belle's Cocktail house.

Ethereal Brewing is in a warehouse district called the Pepper Campus that is being reclaimed and it has a couple of restaurants and a bar called the Break Room all around the same parking lot. Don't let the surroundings scare you away. It's about a mile of so from the arena. It's a really cool spot with large patios and a stream flowing past. If the weather's nice, it's a winner although it's not my favorite brewery of the choices available.

Another good restaurant/bar is Drake's.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Jason P said:

what's the rates been going for ?? just wondering....I booked the Hilton across the street but almost went Hyatt
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

Jason P said:

what's the rates been going for ?? just wondering....I booked the Hilton across the street but almost went Hyatt
    Right now it is $225 with no cancellation policy. I'm waiting for the lotto to finish before booking.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Jason P said:

yellowwho said:

Jason P said:

Right now it is $225 with no cancellation policy. I'm waiting for the lotto to finish before booking.
    thanks. the no cancellation policy is kind of a bummer
  • Options
    Jason P said:

yellowwho said:

Jason P said:

I booked thru expedia and I am offered free cancelation.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

yellowwho said:

Jason P said:

YIKES!...glad I went with Airbnb and spent 48 bucks to rent out someones studio apartment only a mile from the Rupp...hotels are highway robbery

• Options
    Sorry meant to ask what's the weather like this time of year?? Is it south of MI enough to be kinda warm lol?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Jason P said:

yellowwho said:

Jason P said:

I checked and you can get free cancellation, but it's $40 extra.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I put in for this one as well. The bourbon selection in my home province blows so I'm hoping to get a couple bottles to bring back.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Jason P said:

yellowwho said:

Jason P said:

I checked and you can get free cancellation, but it's $40 extra.
    If you pay later? Is that what you mean?