Options

Raleigh Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    72jaybird said:

If this question has already been posted, I missed it and apologize. If the parking lots at PNC Arena in Raleigh don't open until 5:30, where are where are we supposed to park for the merch line that opens at 1:00. and/or the will call that opens at 1:00?

Good question.
  • Options
    72jaybird72jaybird Posts: 44
    ...meant will call that opens at 3:00.
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    great question - i am hoping that i can park at my hotel and walk over...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    Going! Literally just booked a flight from Philly, no ticket yet but I am sure I can find something. It was killing me to wait till next week for Philly!
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369

Going! Literally just booked a flight from Philly, no ticket yet but I am sure I can find something. It was killing me to wait till next week for Philly!

know what you mean ... congrats and shouldnt be hard to find a ticket, show isnt sold out and if anything like JAX the ticket prices will drop big time on stub hub the day of the show...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    If you turn onto Wade Park Blvd. right before you get to the arena (coming from I-40), There is a large apartment complex and office buildings. You can park in the spots along the road. There is a tunnel to walk through that goes under Wade Avenue and over to the arena. If you just follow the sidewalk back out to the stop light, the path to the tunnel is on the left. I used to live in that apartment complex and frequently park over there for football games (It's free!). I'm not sure about the parking lot behind the office buildings, but I have seen people parking over there as well for football/hockey games and concerts. You should be able to get into the lot close to the box office for merch and to pick up tickets as long as you've moved by time the parking lots have opened. If you are going to tailgate (for those without GA) before the lots actually open, you should be able to park, but make sure you are back at your car, if you leave it, close to 5:30 for when they take up money. A lot of people come earlier than the lots open for hockey on nice days.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I cant wait.

• Options
    dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    They set the bar so high in Gville the other night. I think Raleigh is in for a treat of our own though. Hoping for any of these: Release, Long Road, SOLAT, Jeremy, Hard to Imagine, and Wash.
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • Options
    72jaybird72jaybird Posts: 44
    Well I guess we don't have to worry about all this now. Feel bad those of you who purchased airfare and hotel, especially just recently. They've know about this bill for some time, to just now pull the plug. Would've been better served to appear and make a statement with their words and music.
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    Timing on this sucks. I'm going to Raleigh, flight already booked and will spend more money now, chilling with friends. They accomplish little by cancelling. The majority of their fanbase leans democrat already and maybe 1/4 of fans w/ tix for the show are likely not NC residents. State still is getting a lot of the out of state dollars due to the late cancellation time and locals now will spend money somewhere else.
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    MayDay10 said:

I cant wait.

Whelp
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,584
    Any other shows Wednesday? I'm still flying in for Columbia.

Bummed.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    ComeToTX said:

Bummed.

Don't know about other shows, but I'll be pub crawling through Raleigh.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    Well I've managed to calm down. And just scored tickets to Columbia SC thurs night so my bucket list dream is still on
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options

ComeToTX said:

Bummed.

Same here I guess. Ironically I'll end up spending more money eating and boozing for 12 hours.
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    Maybe next year when the law is repealed?

I was looking forward to meeting many of you in one of my favorite cities!
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    ComeToTX said:

ComeToTX said:

Bummed.

Same here I guess. Ironically I'll end up spending more money eating and boozing for 12 hours.
    If this gonna be something, I'm up for it.
  • Options

Well I've managed to calm down. And just scored tickets to Columbia SC thurs night so my bucket list dream is still on

*high fives*
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    RE4790 said:

*high fives*
    Thanks
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    I'm stuck in Raleigh at this godforsaken Ramada near PNC Arena with nothing to do. Anyone else still in town waiting for Columbia?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    dogtown said:

I'm stuck in Raleigh at this godforsaken Ramada near PNC Arena with nothing to do. Anyone else still in town waiting for Columbia?

Do you like craft beer? Those are small businesses and likely against hb-2.... Oh and tasty!

Really though you should check out and head to Asheville.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    I was originally planning to see the touring production of Cabaret in Durham, prior to Raleigh being canceled. An amazing show, and since it is set in Berlin prior to the Nazis taking over, potentially timely. So that is playing all week there if you're in town looking for something to do, with Randy Harrison (from Queer as Folk) as the Emcee.

http://www.dpacnc.com/events/detail/cabaret
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by dogtown on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    dogtown said:

dogtown said:

Do you like craft beer? Those are small businesses and likely against hb-2.... Oh and tasty!

Really though you should check out and head to Asheville.
    I plan to start drinking ASAP. But the hotel can't even tell me how to get to a drug store, much less a craft brewery. They say stores here close at 6? Is this possible?
    Go to Beeradvocate.com

Click places

Plug in Raleigh and click brewery, bars.... And go out and have fun somewhere
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I'm planning on hitting Raleigh beer garden and trophy brewing tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    ComeToTX said:

I'm planning on hitting Raleigh beer garden and trophy brewing tomorrow.

That's basically my plan as well. Roll in town around 2, walk over to Trophy when it opens at 4, then back up to the Beer Garden until it's time to stumble back to the Hampton Inn. The off to Columbia in the morning.
  • Options
    I'm at the Hampton too.
  • Options
    I made it to the Pit and am sampling local beers.
  • Options
    pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
    Let's plan a meet tomorrow? My gf and I will be in Raleigh before we are off to Columbia thur morn
  • Options
    weather here is amazing and the Beer Garden looks good. After late lunch at Trophy