Options

Raleigh Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    klavicleklavicle Ames, IA Posts: 20
    Im in from Iowa. Doin Raleigh/Colombia. So where is the spot to get a drink on before hand?
    Council Bluffs '03; The GORGE 1 & 2 '06;  Kansas City '10;  PJ 20 (East Troy) '11;  Chicago (Wrigley) '13, '16;  Lincoln '14;  St. Paul '14;  Raleigh '16;  Columbia '16;  Missoula '18
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    what is must see/do for a traveler in Raleigh if you have 1 day
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    my2hands said:

^
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Do you like Lemurs(if you don't you probably are a communist)? Duke Lemur center.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    My wife and I will be there and spending the night. Going to Greenville and Coumbia too. Fan since 1991 and never stopped calling them my favorite ever!
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    I just posted this on the Greenville Roll Call, but thought I'd get input here as well. I have a question for the locals. We're traveling from Maryland (the Eastern Shore), and will be going first to Greenville on the 16th and then to Raleigh. Any suggestions for sightseeing from Greenville to Raleigh? What cities are fun? We love baseball, quirky places, music (of course!), and art. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Me and my wife are doing the same thing, Greenville then heading to Raleigh. We are spending 2 nights at the Biltmore Village hotel in Asheville and spending a couple days exploring that area. Looks like it has a bunch of breweries and outdoor things to do. Then heading to Raleigh for the last couple nights. Raleigh area has a lot of good restaurants and shops. We are actually considering a move down to that area in a couple years when the kids are in college so going to spend the couple days in Raleigh exploring the neighboring towns.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    What's a good BBQ spot to hit up for lunch in Raleigh?
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    edited February 2016

What's a good BBQ spot to hit up for lunch in Raleigh?

Smokey's BBQ Shack in Morrisville (west Raleigh) is pretty good... want to get there early/late as it is packed during lunch (12-1:00). http://www.smokeysshack.com/
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    klavicle said:

Im in from Iowa. Doin Raleigh/Colombia. So where is the spot to get a drink on before hand?

This place is right across the street from the venue... probably a 10 minute walk or so... http://www.backyardbistro.com/
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Depends on what you are looking for... very close to the venue is the Museum of Modern Art, another cool area is Hillsborough street near NC State... there are a lot of cool restaurants/bars/shops along there... if you are looking for a cool bar on Hillsborough street I recommend Mitch's Tavern, or right around the corner on Oberlin Street... Player's Retreat. There are also the campuses of NC State, Chapel Hill and Duke University.

http://www.hillsboroughstreet.org/go/mitchs-tavern (upstairs over the coffee house)

http://www.playersretreat.net/
  • Options
    I'll be there + 1
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157

Also a great selection of in state craft beer

Yes sir, love me some Natty Greenes. I work for a bud wholesaler in New Bern and sell it. Love the stuff
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Yes sir, love me some Natty Greenes. I work for a bud wholesaler in New Bern and sell it. Love the stuff
    Very good to hear. Any good IPAs/pale ales that you recommend I try?
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157

Very good to hear. Any good IPAs/pale ales that you recommend I try?
    Not 100% sure it's still at the venue but Natty Greenes Southern Pale Ale is absolutely amazing. I'm going up for a Hurricanes game next Friday and I'll scope it out ✌
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118

dogtown said:

I'm doing Raleigh/Columbia. Anyone interested in a rental car share? I'm planning to drive to Columbia the morning of the 21st.

Where are you coming from????
    I'm flying into to Raleigh from Los Angeles, staying at hotels near the arenas in both cities.
  • Options
    Still pleaing for any available GA tix...please let me know!!!
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Driving from Charlottesville, with a pit stop at the Hampton Coliseum. Have reservations at Comfort Inn which appears to be walking distance to the venue.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    Trade? I am a 10 Club member attending the Raleigh show. I won 2 GA standing tickets in the lottery. My first choice was reserved seating, for several reasons that I don't need to explain. So I am looking to trade with another 10 Club member that has reserved seats and would rather stand in front of the stage. Obviously looking for the best reserved seats based on member rank. Let me know if interested.
  • Options
    SK20613SK20613 Apex, NC Posts: 103
    Check out Record Krate for vinyl, and The State Fairgrounds for the flea market Sat & Sun.
    Go to breakfast at Big Ed's City Market (do not try to do the pancake challenge, 1 pancake is hard to finish and crazy delicious!)
    Go to The Pit for BBQ, cause its famous, but its really not the best... no don't go there.
    Chicken & Waffles at Beasley's Chicken + Honey
    The Museums are really good if you have time. Natural Science & History (next to each other)
  • Options
    SK20613 said:

Check out Record Krate for vinyl, and The State Fairgrounds for the flea market Sat & Sun.
    Go to breakfast at Big Ed's City Market (do not try to do the pancake challenge, 1 pancake is hard to finish and crazy delicious!)
    Go to The Pit for BBQ, cause its famous, but its really not the best... no don't go there.
    The Museums are really good if you have time. Natural Science & History (next to each other)

awesome! what BBQ do you recommend beside The Pit...

any other record shops in the area?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I need a full report on BBQ in Raleigh

My fav bbq so far is brisket at City BBQ, but its in Cary. I would love to hear from others where they like, I've only been here about 8 months, but I am a bbq nut and make my own so I'm very picky when buying it out at a restaurant.

• Options
    my2hands said:

SK20613 said:

awesome! what BBQ do you recommend beside The Pit...

any other record shops in the area?
    City BBQ, but its in Cary.
    Record Krate (really nice owner, decent prices), Nice Price Books (Carry a lot of new stuff), Readers Corner (hit and miss, gotta get there at the right time, good prices) across the street from Nice Price Books so its easy to hit both, Cheshire Cat Gallery has like 3 sellers in their store (which is a big "antique" store), Schoolkid records (nice huge selection, but im cheap and I thought they were a little expensive.. but I will try them again sometime).. those are all the ones I've been too.
  • Options
    would it be safe to say 3 places we should probably try to eat at in Raleigh are?

The Pit
    Big Ed's City Market
    Beasley's Chicken & Honey
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    my2hands said:

would it be safe to say 3 places we should probably try to eat at in Raleigh are?

The Pit
    Big Ed's City Market

All good places, but the only one that I would say really try to do is eat at Big Ed's. Try the others though if you have time and need to eat. You may have to wait in line, but they get people in and out fairly quick.

Got money, and want a nice diner out, Second Empire Restaurant and Tavern. I've heard their bar area is nice, more casual and great food too, but I haven't tried it yet. Check out their web site and reviews.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    Hey Raleigh

Wanna win several posters from the upcoming tour?

Just buy a poster at the show you attend as your entry fee

Post in link, 23 songs you think will be played at the show you attend

Most correct guesses wins

We pay out several places

And best of all, we donate several posters to operation yellow ribbon to raise money for care packages!!

Get in the pool!!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/250192/2016-tour-poster-pool-to-raise-some-loot-for-operation-yellow-ribbon#latest
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,584
    95Pirate said:

Trade? I am a 10 Club member attending the Raleigh show. I won 2 GA standing tickets in the lottery. My first choice was reserved seating, for several reasons that I don't need to explain. So I am looking to trade with another 10 Club member that has reserved seats and would rather stand in front of the stage. Obviously looking for the best reserved seats based on member rank. Let me know if interested.

I'll trade. My number is 139,106
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    Bumping all the threads about the music to the front page, because that's how it should be!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    gsamarcogsamarco Raleigh, NC Posts: 15
    I'm local to Raleigh, and I'm in. In for Columbia, SC as well.Looking for a ticket for Greenville, SC.
    Brasilia, Brazil 11/17/2015
  • Options
    bookerTbookerT Posts: 32
    Hey All, I'm in for Raleigh and Columbia. In fact, I am organizing the Wishlist Pre-Party in Raleigh. We will announce our beneficiary very soon, but here are the details:

Raleigh Wishlist Pre-Party Fundraiser
    4:00 p.m. on 4/20/16
    Backyard Bistro
    1235 Hurricane Alley Way
    Raleigh, NC 27607
    (only bar/restaurant located within reasonable walking distance to PNC Arena)

Please RSVP on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/152153318493344/

Of course, I would love help with volunteers and donations. Please DM me or email me here: david_dean_22@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    SK20613 said:

my2hands said:

The Pit
    Big Ed's City Market

All good places, but the only one that I would say really try to do is eat at Big Ed's. Try the others though if you have time and need to eat. You may have to wait in line, but they get people in and out fairly quick.

Got money, and want a nice diner out, Second Empire Restaurant and Tavern. I've heard their bar area is nice, more casual and great food too, but I haven't tried it yet. Check out their web site and reviews.
    marjen said:

I just posted this on the Greenville Roll Call, but thought I'd get input here as well. I have a question for the locals. We're traveling from Maryland (the Eastern Shore), and will be going first to Greenville on the 16th and then to Raleigh. Any suggestions for sightseeing from Greenville to Raleigh? What cities are fun? We love baseball, quirky places, music (of course!), and art. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Me and my wife are doing the same thing, Greenville then heading to Raleigh. We are spending 2 nights at the Biltmore Village hotel in Asheville and spending a couple days exploring that area. Looks like it has a bunch of breweries and outdoor things to do. Then heading to Raleigh for the last couple nights. Raleigh area has a lot of good restaurants and shops. We are actually considering a move down to that area in a couple years when the kids are in college so going to spend the couple days in Raleigh exploring the neighboring towns.

Asheville is a great pick. Beautiful mountains, blue ridge parkway views, lotsa art and coffee cafes in downtown area. The shrimp and grits at the Sunny Point Cafe are the best EVER! Enjoy!