Comments

• Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    jasonw said:

rvapete said:

my2hands said:

don't pull the plug on the fans because of some dumb fucking politicians

Just play Riot Act in its entirity.....
    We're hoping they don't punish the fans.
    Ouch. Well if the band cancels they can play Riot Act 2 hours up the road @ my apartment in Richmond
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    dogtown said:

I'm flying in from the west coast the day before the show. I'd understand if they canceled now, and be happy to stand in solidarity against discrimination, but waiting until two days before is terrible. They have to give us a chance to cancel hotel reservations or there won't even be an economic impact. Also can't help but think about the discrimination in several other states on the tour and wondering why only NC seems to be in flux.

Bruce
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited April 2016
    I'm thinking about flying to this show but the cheaper flight gets me there the day before 19th. Anything cool to do in Raleigh Durham? I'll have a full day and a half to do whatever. Any info is appreciated. Edit...I just read thru the thread.

I wanted to fly into Raleigh and out of Columbia but I don't think my old undisciplined self could survive the back to back shows and 4.5 hour drive.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    JC29856 said:

I'm thinking about flying to this show but the cheaper flight gets me there the day before 19th. Anything cool to do in Raleigh Durham? I'll have a full day and a half to do whatever. Any info is appreciated. Edit...I just read thru the thread.

I wanted to fly into Raleigh and out of Columbia but I don't think my old undisciplined self could survive the back to back shows and 4.5 hour drive.

Lots of fun stuff, see if the Durham Bulls have a game, there is the Duke Lemur Center, tons of great BBQ, lots of bars and good beer all around, 3 major universities all within a short drive of each other...
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    Anyone have a spare 10 club ticket? My ticket buddy got notified by work that they were cancelling her vacation time, so she will lose her job if she goes (she had freaking GA!). Of course I already have non refundable plane tickets and am in need of a ticket to the show.

So freaking bummed right now....
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369

Anyone have a spare 10 club ticket? My ticket buddy got notified by work that they were cancelling her vacation time, so she will lose her job if she goes (she had freaking GA!). Of course I already have non refundable plane tickets and am in need of a ticket to the show.

that blows bro, sorry to hear that .. my suggestion is to go since you already have money spent - something will happen for you and I will keep my ears open for you as well..
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912

Have 2 extras from public sale. face or less. Rather them go to a 10 clubber then a flipper.
  • Options
    She said that she would overnight her passport to me so that someone that kind of looks like her could pick them up. Anyone ever try that? How hard do you think they look at the pic? Really trying to find some way to stay in GA, cause you know, GA.
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options

She said that she would overnight her passport to me so that someone that kind of looks like her could pick them up. Anyone ever try that? How hard do you think they look at the pic? Really trying to find some way to stay in GA, cause you know, GA.

personally, i would not chance that for either of you... i would suggest that she email the 10C and then you going to the 10C window and explaining the situation... i seen a guy the other night that got 10C seats they released the day of the show too.. he had to wait for a bit though it worked out... you never know... but i do know that i wouldn't suggest taking the risk of being banished from 10C... just my .02
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    Ahh....didn't know it would be banishment. Definitely don't want that
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    She is emailIng 10 club now, so I guess I will just see how this goes.

Thanks for the advice!
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options

Thanks for the advice!

no problem at all bro - good luck, i hope it all works out for you. side note - if i were your friend i would look for another job.. lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    CapnBob said:

Thanks for the advice!

no problem at all bro - good luck, i hope it all works out for you. side note - if i were your friend i would look for another job.. lol
    She is planning to.
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    So is the majority feeling on this show that we are good to go ????
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303

PM
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    I found a GA. Thanks everyone! Hopefully my friend's GA's get in someone's hand's. She contacted the 10 club so it is up to them what they do with them now.
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    vp20vp20 Posts: 56
    I may have an extra pair of tickets. I'm not sure yet, a friend is planning on coming but has run into a few speed bumps so I won't know for sure for a few days. But if I have extra I will let everyone know. They are 10 club tix, but with little seniority (just fyi).
  • Options

I found a GA. Thanks everyone! Hopefully my friend's GA's get in someone's hand's. She contacted the 10 club so it is up to them what they do with them now.

That is awesome bro, congrats! That's what makes being a part of the PJ community so great... Wish I could trade my reserve for those open GA because I've never done GA before... Swore I was going to put in for them for at least one of the shows this tour but changed my mind last second... One day I will go all in for GA, lol... One week chaps! Cheers!
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

njnancy said:

Can't wait - Travelling from Jersey to Hampton for show 1 and then Raleigh is show 2 - ever and on my b'day! Made reservations today at La Quinta and Red Roof in Raleigh (both can be cancelled). Is it an easy drive to PNC Arena? Coming down from Hampton on the 19th and will be at merch and will call between 1 and 3 PM on the 20th. Staying to 22nd and heading back north. So psyched! Need to get a new driver's license, lost my pocketbook and have no ID! Have an extra for both shows as I'm attending alone. Raleigh Reserved 10C for sale.

Going to the same two shows! PNC Arena is directly off the interstate (I-40) so you cannot miss it.
    Thank you! Staying at La Quinta in Raleigh and it's about 4 miles from the arena. One interstate sounds easy enough - hope to get there early in the day for merch and will call then back to hotel until closer to concert time. Hopefully I'll have someone to sell my extra ticket to (nothing like waiting till the last minute!) Enjoy the shows! I'll wave hello during Small Town. :bee:
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

njnancy said:

Can't wait - Travelling from Jersey to Hampton for show 1 and then Raleigh is show 2 - ever and on my b'day! Made reservations today at La Quinta and Red Roof in Raleigh (both can be cancelled). Is it an easy drive to PNC Arena? Coming down from Hampton on the 19th and will be at merch and will call between 1 and 3 PM on the 20th. Staying to 22nd and heading back north. So psyched! Need to get a new driver's license, lost my pocketbook and have no ID! Have an extra for both shows as I'm attending alone. Raleigh Reserved 10C for sale.

Nancy,
    Maybe I will see you at one of the shows!!!
    Safe travels!!
    Thank you lolo - that would be awesome! I'll be in Loge L Row 4 Seat 1 at Hampton - hope we get Smile or Throw Your Arms Around Me for the 'people in the back' song. Smile was awesome last night. I'm somewhere in reserved in Raleigh - no clue where, but I'm in the building and it'll be my birthday. Happy things.
  • Options

I truly believe they would take the approach of soldiering on and having another excuse to politicize from the stage. Bruce probably plays 10 shows for every 1 PJ plays, so if they pull the plug then it's a much bigger inconvenience for the fans. They better not be that stupid.

I expect that Raleigh will have lots of political songs and 'ramblings'.Awesomeness.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    lock up yer daughterz
    n lock up yer wives
    lock up yer backdoor
    n run for yer life

i'm there

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    njnancy said:

lolobugg said:

njnancy said:

Nancy,
    Maybe I will see you at one of the shows!!!
    Safe travels!!
    Thank you lolo - that would be awesome! I'll be in Loge L Row 4 Seat 1 at Hampton - hope we get Smile or Throw Your Arms Around Me for the 'people in the back' song. Smile was awesome last night. I'm somewhere in reserved in Raleigh - no clue where, but I'm in the building and it'll be my birthday. Happy things.
    Very cool!!!
    and happy early birthday to you!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Going solo so have extra 10club reserved for Raleigh - face value - thought it would be easier to sell extras - it's not GA and don't have low or medium number - 516xxx - but it's in the building. Putting on public sites tomorrow. PM if interested, Thanks.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Anyone interested in driving over tomorrow to Greenville? . . . Friend just reached out and wants to sell his 4 tickets for tomorrow's show. Section 227 Row H, Seats 11-14. He would like to sell all 4, but will sell in pairs $75/each OBO. I told him a had a few "friends" that may be interested. PM me. See you all there.
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    Show is so close I can feel it. Super stoked and can't wait
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Hey Raleigh crew, if you are interested in pleading for Get Right, please bump this thread:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6122176

If not, I still hope to see some of you peeps there. Except not the guy. That guy sucks. He knows who he is.
  • Options
    Cant wait to go!!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Have low number RES (113,xxx) pair to trade for GA if anyone wants.
  • Options
    72jaybird72jaybird Posts: 44
    If this question has already been posted, I missed it and apologize. If the parking lots at PNC Arena in Raleigh don't open until 5:30, where are where are we supposed to park for the merch line that opens at 1:00. and/or the will call that opens at 1:00?