Options

I can't believe that there is no thread on the Cologne problem on New Year's Eve......

Comments

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    kce8 said:

Ok... friends of mine were in Cologne that night. They say it was horrific.

But, the men who grabbed the women were young, very drunk Africans... from what we know here we are not talking about Syrian refugees.
    The situation here is going worse and the people who really need help will get more and more problems because of what happened. All the haters got a lot of new shit to use for their petty-minded arguments to offend Foreigners. And the people who wasn't afraid before are going to get up against all of the refugees.

I am not saying we don't have to fight that people who act like that in Cologne... I think all of them have to leave the country directly... but we have to try to don't stop helping people who are in need and who are really thankful to get a chance to get through the war in their home country. We should not forget that we all would want to get help like that in the same situation.

Thank you for this informed and reasoned response
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    kce8 said:

But, the men who grabbed the women were young, very drunk Africans... from what we know here we are not talking about Syrian refugees.
    The situation here is going worse and the people who really need help will get more and more problems because of what happened. All the haters got a lot of new shit to use for their petty-minded arguments to offend Foreigners. And the people who wasn't afraid before are going to get up against all of the refugees.

I am not saying we don't have to fight that people who act like that in Cologne... I think all of them have to leave the country directly... but we have to try to don't stop helping people who are in need and who are really thankful to get a chance to get through the war in their home country. We should not forget that we all would want to get help like that in the same situation.

Well said Kce8.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited January 2016
    brianlux said:

This thread...

Why? What direction did you want it to go? I just posted two articles from the NY Times and The Guardian discussing this story and immigration policy. You act like the connection is absurd and post a silly meme to demean others' comments and views.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

^^^
    Our country that just recently accepted 25000 Syrian refugees but made stipulations that single Syrian males are not allowed.
    Unless gay, transgendered etc that would have caused hardship.

yea I remember hearing about that. Tbh I think they should have gone a bit further and eliminated the "single" designation. But then I sound like I'm advocating breaking up families, which obviously I don't think is a good idea, but by the same token I don't think that being a husband and father is an automatic "good guy" result.

So again, no easy answers.
    From our perspective forced marriages are taboo and fucked up.
    We believe that at the very least two people entered marriage by choice.
    As a man you must have had some balls at one point in your life to have a woman respect and want to be with you.
    Being a husband and a father in all elements of a relationship is not only the Canadian way it is also the non-fucked up eastern shit.

edit - Even though women belong in the kitchen I believe they are delicate flowers :grin:
    I think the wires got crossed here. What I meant was I think they could've taken it a step further than just preventing single men from entering. Frankly, if anything it only encourages the "taboo forced marriage" because the easiest way to get around that is to get married. I wasn't disagreeing with you, or your country.

brianlux said:

Why is the emphasis here on this issue being placed on the immigration situation instead of on the horrific predation of women?

Well, news organizations were slow to report because of the Muslim connection as the criminals of Middle Eastern origin. We trumpet the treatment of women and children in the Western world but excuse horrid treatment in the Middle East because that is part of their culture. The slow reporting on this story is a great example of how the brutal treatment of these women were not reported more quickly because of fear of implicating Muslims and/or Muslim refugees. If a black woman were attacked by white southern men in KKK garment do you not think that story wouldn't have been more about the KKK, and then Rolling Stone wouldn't have ran a story a week later about the rise of the Christian extremists in the South?

I don't think you can talk about the predation of women in this story and not move straight to Angela Merkel's position to allow millions of migrants into the country. Here is a story where 18 of the attackers were Muslim asylum seekers:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/09/world/europe/cologne-new-years-eve-attacks.html?referer=https://www.google.cl/
    you're right. you can't. However, out of the millions that were allowed in, how many of them committed these crimes? Less than 1%? (I'm honestly just guessing I'm really bad at math.) Hindsight is always 20/20 so we can look at this and go "what the fuck" but honestly there was no way of predicting it, no way of saying "maybe we just let in the women, children, elderly and disabled, and send everyone else back?"
    Oh I like that idea. Women, children, elderly and disabled (and their carers, obvi) only. That's my new refugee plan.

You're 10000000000% right, though. There is zero fucking excuse for this story getting swept under the proverbial rug. That mayor lady made some stupid fuckin comment too.
    I agree that it is a small minority that are creating a problem, but that small minority is making their presence known on a larger scale. Without jobs and assimilation who knows how long the problem will continue.
  • Options
    kce8 said:

Right, we all would want help in that situation. But if the short term solution leads to a long-term issue for Europe is that the right answer?

Is it the right solution for everyone that is in a war torn country to go to other countries? Is it better to try to help these people in their own countries? I don't know the answer but the borderless European Union seems fragile right now for various reasons.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited January 2016
    Spot on Bootlegger.You know you can't comment against anything concerning Muslim immigrants or your a rascist.This is def an assimilation issue.Take religion out of this but factor in culture and horrific treatment of women and you get this nonsense.
    I hope this dosent spark racial motivated vigilante shit.But you know it will.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    In hindsight this story is pretty crazy

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/429505/erdogan-assimilation-crime-against-humanity-speech-cologne

Erdogan calls assimilation a crime against humanity...in Cologne!
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I think this attitude pretty much sums up the problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra45nX9JmW4
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    ^^^
    I see no issue in this interview. They presented their case for sharia law very well.
    Can't wait until it gets here too!

edit - you simply can't deny that these two individuals are sick and vile for having such views and really want this to happen.
    Fuck that - religion is fucking wretched.
    And people in the west are against someone - read trump who wants to stop shit like the above from entering their country.
    It's fucked.
    There is something wrong if you think these two are normal or if you support their view.
    Seriously. These two didn't just magically come to think this way.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

It is comical that anti-immigration folks are painted as devils when there is so much evidence that the immigrant crisis and terrorism is completely disrupting European life at the moment. Certainly I'm against racists and Nazi types, but for those who just want to stop immigration right now as they feel their way of life is threatened, it is hard to fault them.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've read "and the anti-immigration folks are now going to use this as an example to support their crazy ideas...." because I would have a lot of dollars. At some point the article/comment should read, "this is another example that supports the anti-immigration argument". I'm not saying which side is right, but stop portraying people as extremists when almost everyday they can find an example whether large or small to support their position.

^^^^This

• Options
    ^^^
    Yep,
    And millions of others who feel this way don't speak like that in public.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I read an article this morning saying far right hooligans are going around Germany bashing any foreigner.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Shawshank said:

I watched this when it came out.These kind of idiots are twisted.They see the world thru some strange ass lenses.Fucking Hypocrites.They are joke.
    Iwas in London this spring.They sure do,have some demographic issues.I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

Ignorance. Pure and simple ignorance.

And, sorry to say, a problem that started small, got bigger, and continues to grow.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ^^^
    Sorry to who?
    Why even include that in your retort?
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    The naivety of some people is appalling. Just because people don't want this in their country does not make them racist. I don't care if they are brown, black, yellow, red or white...if this is the religion you associate yourself with, and these are the views you hold...then fuck you...we are going to have a major problem.

Granted, not ALL of them...or even most of them...are like this. The problem is...and will always continue to be...the savage nature of the ones that are evil drowning out the ones that aren't.

You see a 100% perfect example of this in the beating death of Farkhunda Malikzada. Don't know who she is? She's a woman that was falsely accused of *gasp* burning a koran.

You can read the whole story here http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/12/28/mob-rips-apart-afghan-woman-falsely-accused-burning-koran/

I advise against watching the video, but then again...maybe it would be good for some to see. If you don't feel comfortable watching it, I will give the synopsis below...

Using Sharia Law, they found her guilty, and while the police did their best to protect her...the blood thirsty mob was determined to have their way. They act like a pack of wild animals, and as word spreads the crowd gets more riled up, and this anger cascades until they cannot contain their desire to kill this woman any longer.

There are a desperate few...and I mean very few...trying to help her, but there is just no way. The monsters simply outnumbered the good guys 50 to 1. Is this a direct reflection of the religion as a whole, but on a much smaller scale? I certainly hope not.

They pull her out into the crowd and begin beating her mercilessly. She tries to escape...nearly does...and is dragged back into the crowd. The crowd is continuing to grow...and as it grows it gets angrier and angrier...practically salivating at the prospect of handing a death sentence down right there in the streets.

She cries to the same God they are...screaming for him to help her. Her screams are met with a brutal attack...kicks are heaved at her...punches and rocks thrown at her...grown men jump on her, breaking her body. The beating leaves leaves her drenched in blood.

Remember, this is all for the false accusation of...burning a koran.

When she's either dead or passed out, they drag her broken body out into the street and halt a passing car. They have the driver roll over her body, and then back up, and do it a few more times I guess to make sure she's dead. Her body then gets caught under the car and is drug some 300 feet.

At that point they need to decide what to do. Certainly this "law breaker" can't have a proper burial. Someone in the crowd suggests feeding her to the dogs. Another says dump her in the river. They finally settle on lighting her corpse on fire. It took a lot of effort though...see...her clothes and body were so saturated in blood that they wouldn't ignite. Finally though, with much determination, they were able to complete the task. Satisfied with the punishment, the crowd's thirst for blood was quenched for the time being.

So yes, there is a reason why people are leery of allowing thousands, hundreds of thousands, or possibly millions of people from the region into their communities with absolutely no checks. It's a big problem when that many people have no desire to assimilate.

They are Muslim first...Islam comes first...not your petty laws or social standards, so assimilation is out of the question. You will assimilate with them...not the other way around. Just like in my other post with the "Sharia Law Patrol" there in London. They want you living under their laws.

You can sit there with blinders on if you want, but there are ones that are using this migration as a conquest...as their own crusade if you will. They will infiltrate and do their best to work towards everyone living under their laws, and they are already working hard at making this happen.

This is not about fear mongering or racism. This is not about hate. What a stupid accusation for every single post that doesn't bow down to the mighty Allah and his followers. This is about taking a real life look at the big picture, and making sure you do what you can to protect yourself and the people you love from those that would have absolutely no problem obliterating you from existence.

I've said it before...if Muslims don't want to live in fear of being persecuted, then they absolutely have to fight against radical Muslims on all fronts. They have to be relentless in their fight. If they don't fight them, they might as well join them, because they will ultimately share the same fate.
  • Options
    you know all the horrible examples of Muslims engaging in extreme behavior in the name of their religion can also be made of Christians. We got crazies too. Don't mean the whole world needs to be afraid of us.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

you know all the horrible examples of Muslims engaging in extreme behavior in the name of their religion can also be made of Christians. We got crazies too. Don't mean the whole world needs to be afraid of us.

True.
    Name some.
  • Options

^^^
    Sorry to who?
    Why even include that in your retort?

The brainwashed f**king idiots in the video that are walking around dreaming of sharia law.

How could you not ascertain who I was referring to?
  • Options
    ^^^
    Just wanted to be clear.
  • Options

ldent42 said:

True.
    Name some.
    The Westboro Baptist Church.
    Kristin Davis (or whatever the fuck her name was)
    Conversion Therapy
    The Kansas State Board of Education (See Also: Kentucky, Louisiana)

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Shawshank said:

The naivety of some people is appalling. Just because people don't want this in their country does not make them racist. I don't care if they are brown, black, yellow, red or white...if this is the religion you associate yourself with, and these are the views you hold...then fuck you...we are going to have a major problem.

Granted, not ALL of them...or even most of them...are like this. The problem is...and will always continue to be...the savage nature of the ones that are evil drowning out the ones that aren't.

You see a 100% perfect example of this in the beating death of Farkhunda Malikzada. Don't know who she is? She's a woman that was falsely accused of *gasp* burning a koran.

You can read the whole story here http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/12/28/mob-rips-apart-afghan-woman-falsely-accused-burning-koran/

I advise against watching the video, but then again...maybe it would be good for some to see. If you don't feel comfortable watching it, I will give the synopsis below...

Using Sharia Law, they found her guilty, and while the police did their best to protect her...the blood thirsty mob was determined to have their way. They act like a pack of wild animals, and as word spreads the crowd gets more riled up, and this anger cascades until they cannot contain their desire to kill this woman any longer.

There are a desperate few...and I mean very few...trying to help her, but there is just no way. The monsters simply outnumbered the good guys 50 to 1. Is this a direct reflection of the religion as a whole, but on a much smaller scale? I certainly hope not.

They pull her out into the crowd and begin beating her mercilessly. She tries to escape...nearly does...and is dragged back into the crowd. The crowd is continuing to grow...and as it grows it gets angrier and angrier...practically salivating at the prospect of handing a death sentence down right there in the streets.

She cries to the same God they are...screaming for him to help her. Her screams are met with a brutal attack...kicks are heaved at her...punches and rocks thrown at her...grown men jump on her, breaking her body. The beating leaves leaves her drenched in blood.

When she's either dead or passed out, they drag her broken body out into the street and halt a passing car. They have the driver roll over her body, and then back up, and do it a few more times I guess to make sure she's dead. Her body then gets caught under the car and is drug some 300 feet.

At that point they need to decide what to do. Certainly this "law breaker" can't have a proper burial. Someone in the crowd suggests feeding her to the dogs. Another says dump her in the river. They finally settle on lighting her corpse on fire. It took a lot of effort though...see...her clothes and body were so saturated in blood that they wouldn't ignite. Finally though, with much determination, they were able to complete the task. Satisfied with the punishment, the crowd's thirst for blood was quenched for the time being.

So yes, there is a reason why people are leery of allowing thousands, hundreds of thousands, or possibly millions of people from the region into their communities with absolutely no checks. It's a big problem when that many people have no desire to assimilate.

They are Muslim first...Islam comes first...not your petty laws or social standards, so assimilation is out of the question. You will assimilate with them...not the other way around. Just like in my other post with the "Sharia Law Patrol" there in London. They want you living under their laws.

You can sit there with blinders on if you want, but there are ones that are using this migration as a conquest...as their own crusade if you will. They will infiltrate and do their best to work towards everyone living under their laws, and they are already working hard at making this happen.

This is not about fear mongering
    or racism. This is not about hate. What a stupid accusation for every single post that doesn't bow down to the mighty Allah and his followers. This is about taking a real life look at the big picture, and making sure you do what you can to protect yourself and the people you love from those that would have absolutely no problem obliterating you from existence.

I've said it before...if Muslims don't want to live in fear of being persecuted, then they absolutely have to fight against radical Muslims on all fronts. They have to be relentless in their fight. If they don't fight them, they might as well join them, because they will ultimately share the same fate.

Bullshit.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Shawshank said:

This is not about fear mongering or racism. This is not about hate. What a stupid accusation for every single post that doesn't bow down to the mighty Allah and his followers. This is about taking a real life look at the big picture, and making sure you do what you can to protect yourself and the people you love from those that would have absolutely no problem obliterating you from existence.

Great post…..Everyone on here needs to watch this video.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

True.
    Name some.
    The Westboro Baptist Church.
    Kristin Davis (or whatever the fuck her name was)
    Conversion Therapy
    The Kansas State Board of Education (See Also: Kentucky, Louisiana)

As loathsome as the aforementioned groups are... I don't feel they are in the same league as radical Muslims.

For example, Kim Davis (I believe that's who you meant) refused service to gay people while ISIS throws gay people off towers. The Westboro Baptist Church annoys people with their protests and spewing their garbage while Muslim extremists stone suspected adulterers to death and shoot people watching rock concerts or having coffee near rock concerts.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i dont believe in taking anybodys life for the sake of a belief unless your authorized by Gods personelle and what are the chances of that being so...?????
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2016
    There were riots in the city of Leipzig last night. The anti immigrant groups of Pegida and Legida "celebrated" their anniversary and were met by a larger group of anti nazi demonstrators. And then things escalated. During the time of the Pegida/ Legida march, there also seem to have violent and destructive attacks by neonazi hooligans on targets in the alternative neighbourhood Connewitz, they destroyed offices of left politicians, as well as restaurants and shops owned by foreigners.

This is NOT happening all over the country. There is no mob of rightwing extremists who are going around the country bashing any foreigner. Violence loving soccer fans have been clashing with the police and each other for a long time, especially in this area. Now it feels like they found more "political" justification for their contemptible, misanthropic aggressive behaviour.

I also agree with the statement that stuff like Cologne gives more shitty arguments to ani immigrant folks. Germany has a certain history, and this history is also having an impact on decisions made by the government. Seeing how people who support these nazi ideas somehow now come out of the woodwork and feel encouraged voicing their hate message because of that is horrific. I am not in Germany right now, but some reports remind me of the early 1930's. This shit should never happen again. We have to learn from history.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2016
    Shawshank said:

I watched the video.

Sad. And maddening.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Shawshank said:

I watched the video.

My previous comment applies here: crowds of people attacking a woman and ruthlessly beating her to death... then desecrating her body. The people looking to intervene were of a minute variety and even cops were rendered useless (her brother was shrieking 'let them have her').

Yah. Not cool. Sorry, RG. Indefensible.
    Never said it was defensible, only that Shawshank was in fact fear mongering.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ^^^
    Why are people accused of fear mongering when they state facts about certain beliefs of this religion?
    Sharia law is sick and evil and anyone who advocates for it is as such.
    Unbelievable.