Options

Making a Murderer (Crime-Docu similar to West Memphis Three case)

Comments

• Options
    That's exactly my point - this is backward in the findings. Now take it a step further who had access to his blood, found the bullet, found the key. Why would a police officer lie Under oath about what time he arrived at the victims vehicle. What would a police officer need to call dispatch about Theresa's plates for.

These are the tragic questions that unfortunately will never get answered. Paint the picture using only grey and that's what you'll find
    If I knew where it was.....I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE! THERES MUCH MORE THAN THIS!
  • Options
    So anyone seen the FOX report?
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018

I heard (haven't verified) that in order to crush a car the engine and transmission must be removed. That would require quite a bit of work that someone might not want to mess with.

For someone who's done that kind of work all their life it might take a couple hours at most, but probably much less than that It's not as hard as it seems when you are pulling them apart to scrap.

There's absolutely no way this guy is guilty. I can't believe the jury was that stupid. I mean seriously...a sliced throat and abdominal stabbing with no trace of blood??? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense. It's not like this guy was Dexter or something.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    WTF is this?
    The female version of Kratz?
    This lady is a joke, and so are her arguments.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Finished it up last night. Also read quite a bit of other sources last week.

If nothing else, both Avery and Dassey should have a fair case re-tried elsewhere.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Shawshank said:

I heard (haven't verified) that in order to crush a car the engine and transmission must be removed. That would require quite a bit of work that someone might not want to mess with.

For someone who's done that kind of work all their life it might take a couple hours at most, but probably much less than that It's not as hard as it seems when you are pulling them apart to scrap.

There's absolutely no way this guy is guilty. I can't believe the jury was that stupid. I mean seriously...a sliced throat and abdominal stabbing with no trace of blood??? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense. It's not like this guy was Dexter or something.
    Right I'm not saying it's hard...I'm saying it is unlikely since Avery's entire family lives on that scrapyard and it might have been hard to do without being seen
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Shawshank said:

Right I'm not saying it's hard...I'm saying it is unlikely since Avery's entire family lives on that scrapyard and it might have been hard to do without being seen
    I'm not sure anybody would have looked at such an event at the scrapyard as out of the ordinary. I would contend that if anything might have been indicative of guilt... it would have been her vehicle dismantled and crushed.

Hidden underneath a twig and parked near an entrance, while the apparent murder scenes (they're not really sure where the event took place despite the forced confession that belies all facts) were cleansed of all DNA evidence, doesn't look right at all in my eyes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's all about protecting the Wisconsin DOJ now ...
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

It's hard for me to comment knowing that some of you haven't watched all of it yet. I don't want to spoil anything.

I would suggest that you finish it ASAP because there seem to be a lot of articles popping up about it. Once you are done watching the documentary do some google searches on "Steven Avery evidence" and see what you think.

We've likely been reading the same articles. I'm curious to know what you think.
    I'm really disappointed in what the documentary left out. It would still be an interesting case but why leave out extremely important pieces?
    Personal agenda...I haven't seen this yet but im seeing more and more stories coming out tearing this documentary down for being biased and leaving out facts

im personally not going to watch it due to its lack of credibility, but that may change once more comes out

• Options
    sure there is stuff left out of the documentary but there is nothing that proves that avery killed her ... really - avery's sweat on the hood of the car ... we already heard about his sweat on the car ... the phone calls ... etc ...

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

It's hard for me to comment knowing that some of you haven't watched all of it yet. I don't want to spoil anything.

I would suggest that you finish it ASAP because there seem to be a lot of articles popping up about it. Once you are done watching the documentary do some google searches on "Steven Avery evidence" and see what you think.

We've likely been reading the same articles. I'm curious to know what you think.
    I'm really disappointed in what the documentary left out. It would still be an interesting case but why leave out extremely important pieces?
    Personal agenda...I haven't seen this yet but im seeing more and more stories coming out tearing this documentary down for being biased and leaving out facts

im personally not going to watch it due to its lack of credibility, but that may change once more comes out

Definitely watch it. It's interesting as hell....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i have this in my netflix que. kind of scared to dive into it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

You will yell at your TV
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    dignin said:

You will yell at your TV
    i will find out soon enough. gonna try to watch the first 2 episodes tonight.

wish me luck...

:dizzy:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

dignin said:

You will yell at your TV
    i will find out soon enough. gonna try to watch the first 2 episodes tonight.

wish me luck...

:dizzy:
    I think it was by episode 3 where my blood pressure went way up.

Good luck!
  • Options
    http://www.thewrap.com/making-a-murderer-steven-averys-attorney-cites-new-evidence-is-confident-exoneration/

Steven Avery’s Attorney Cites ‘New Evidence,’ Is ‘Confident’ of ‘Making a Murderer’ Convict’s Exoneration

http://www.bustle.com/articles/134992-who-is-kathleen-zellner-steven-averys-new-lawyer-she-is-known-for-one-crucial-skill

Who Is Kathleen Zellner, Steven Avery's New Lawyer? She Is Known For One Crucial Skill

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Watching now so can't read all your posts. Then I'll come here after the discussion. Arghhhhh. Is riveting g and oh so sad.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

• Options
    I don't find her very credible ... it's not to say that Avery wasn't capable of some of the things he was accused of ... it's just that we already know the police got to her - she was threatened and she ran ...

in the end - I don't think anyone thinks Avery is a saint ... it all boils down to the evidence and none of it adds up to him being guilty of her murder ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

I don't find her very credible ... it's not to say that Avery wasn't capable of some of the things he was accused of ... it's just that we already know the police got to her - she was threatened and she ran ...

in the end - I don't think anyone thinks Avery is a saint ... it all boils down to the evidence and none of it adds up to him being guilty of her murder ...
    yes but the documentary shows him as relatively laid back, quiet, etc. This puts a big kink in that.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited January 2016
    or its a trashy scorned ex girlfriend from this ghastly pocket of society trying to get 'even' as well as moment in the limelight.
  • Options

polaris_x said:

yes but the documentary shows him as relatively laid back, quiet, etc. This puts a big kink in that.
    well ... it's all speculation ... maybe he is and maybe he isn't ... it's irrelevant in the matter ... the facts are all that matter ...
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rgambs said:

Stories like this one play out all across America on a regular basis.

Yep and just another of many reasons we need to abolish DP.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    William WallaceWilliam Wallace Posts: 553
    edited January 2016
    MayDay10 said:

or its a trashy scorned ex girlfriend from this ghastly pocket of society trying to get 'even' as well as moment in the limelight.

That's my impression too.

Question: Were police ever putting pressure on you?
    Jodi: No, they just wanted to get to the truth.

That's enough for me to question her credibility.
    Post edited by William Wallace on
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Why would you kill rape/kill someone if you got 36 million coming to you? 36 million....You could pay hookers to let you rape them, poop on you, what ever sick sh*t you`re in to? I think 36 million eliminates any motive he could have to commit a crime.
  • Options
    TL170678 said:

I think 36 million eliminates any motive he could have to commit a crime.

36 million might eliminate any motive for Steven Avery, but 'maybe' someone (PD) had the motive to frame Avery because of these 36 million, whatever it might take...

• Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Right and you can pay off witnesses 50k to say this, 10k to say that. I mean it`s county, they can get state money that is untraceable.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

MayDay10 said:

That's my impression too.

Question: Were police ever putting pressure on you?
    Jodi: No, they just wanted to get to the truth.

That's enough for me to question her credibility.
    See I'm looking at her story from a different angle. The show said she was picked up for drinking after her DUI and spend a week or so in jail and was released with the condition that she has to move off the Avery property and get a job. She did both those things and was picked up 3 more times in 2 months for violating the no contact order? So now she's got her own parole to worry about, she's being harassed by the police, (yes, I'm going to call it harassment because she was never charged with any type of menacing, she was picked up for drinking alcohol (not drinking and driving) which about a bazillion people do every day, and then for being in contact with her shitty fiance - the absurdity of which I can't even begin to articulate. This is an adult woman with no diminished mental capacity and as far as I saw she wasn't classified as a PINS by the state so why/how the f that is even a legal condition of parole is so far beyond me...) she's got a job for the first time in at least the better part of a year, and she's recognizable from the Avery case. We're talking about a single woman in her 40s who is minimally educated and who has done time. She's probably working a shitty job for peanuts, and probably constantly judged for her connection to Avery. In my own opinion, her statements about Avery being abusive and threatening her aren't necessarily untrue - however, I'd suggest that her reason for making these statements isn't for her to get attention or to get back at him, but as a way of distancing herself from him and the case as much as possible so that she can try to get on with her life. Because for her to say "I didn't believe then that he did it, I loved him and I stood by him. I left because I couldn't handle the situation anymore and I needed to move on with my own life." the judgement placed on her by her community would be extraordinary. For her to say "look he hit me when he was around, he threatened me, and I was scared. I got out but it wasn't easy. While I was in it I had to publicly support him because I was scared he'd hurt me." is something that is more likely to be treated with more understanding (if not sympathy) than the former statement. At this point he's locked up for life without parole. She needs to worry about her own self and her own life which is not on pause indefinitely throughout this trial/appeals process and this tv show and the media attention.

I'm down to the last episode. I can't even begin to fathom how the kid got convicted. Maybe the jury nodded off during the 3 hours of interrogation footage they had to watch. Maybe they're all really fuckin' dumb.

The only thing I know for sure after watching this show, is that I never want to see the inside of a police station or courtroom.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435