Options

RNDM Ghost Riding Tour 2016

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936
    Check this page out. Fantastic photos from RNDM's Toronto show.

http://aestheticmagazinetoronto.com/2016/03/14/photos-rndm-parker-gispert-toronto/
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Received cassette in AUS today. Can someone confirm they do not come sealed. My package was pretty beat up, although FRAGILE was on it, but I had no plastic seal on the tape. Is this correct? Wondering whether package was tampered with as I had a bad experience a week ago with an expensive poster.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360

Received cassette in AUS today. Can someone confirm they do not come sealed. My package was pretty beat up, although FRAGILE was on it, but I had no plastic seal on the tape. Is this correct? Wondering whether package was tampered with as I had a bad experience a week ago with an expensive poster.

My cassette did not come sealed, either. So, your package wasn't tampered with.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

My cassette did not come sealed, either. So, your package wasn't tampered with.
    Thanks RP, that's all the confirmation I needed. Now awaiting the vinyl. Thanks again mate
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    My tape was not sealed either but it did arrive in good condition - sounds like same packaging. I am sorry you had that experience!
  • Options
    ShanKathy said:

My tape was not sealed either but it did arrive in good condition - sounds like same packaging. I am sorry you had that experience!

Nah don't be, all good. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    @ RNDM - Come see RNDM's last show at Double Door in Chicago tonight!
    Check out "Stronger Man" from our show in NYC...

https://youtu.be/ssWzWG0OgkY
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2016

lolobugg said:

Club band playing clubs. End of story

huh? please explain
    someone was wondering why they weren't selling out bigger venues.
    their music is good... I have friends in bands playing a lot smaller places that write better stuff than RNDM in my opinion. it helps to have a member of PJ in the band.
    but they are a club band... never will get any bigger than that. and I don't think they care.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I don't think you need to dismiss them like that. The music is good.

I think if they are going to have a limited amount of shows in limited cities they might get more fans to drive to see them if they scheduled more shows on weekend nights rather than weekday nights.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

huh? please explain
    their music is good... I have friends in bands playing a lot smaller places that write better stuff than RNDM in my opinion. it helps to have a member of PJ in the band.
    but they are a club band... never will get any bigger than that. and I don't think they care.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

huh? please explain
    Joseph and Richard might care on some level, since they both need money. Joseph is, according to his own words, poor and often in debt, and Richard teaches drum lessons to children to supplement his income. I'm sure Jeff doesn't give a shit though, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    Jeff is pretty much paying the bill for this tour, travel, hotels etc. So he wants to be doing it. And for that I'm happy I got to see them once each tour.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Wondering when the vinyls will be sent out...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

huh? please explain
    ya ummm after you wrote IMO then i realized that all of what you are saying, was just that.... and imo the size of the venue does not dictate the quality of the music. it never has and i happen to love club shows...so carry on and see your friend's bands if that is what does it for you! just don't come here and try to slag on rndm unless you can write better songs yourself! your friends don't count here, they never have, imo.
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    mfc2006 said:

Wondering when the vinyls will be sent out...

No update on that from Dine Alone as of a couple days ago. They did seem surprised that PJ didn't send the download code on release day.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    joseph_arthur Let's Make America Great Again (Fuck Donald Trump!) Short clip of a new song debut at @rndmband 's show last night in Chicago

• Options
    edited March 2016

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

huh? please explain
    ya ummm after you wrote IMO then i realized that all of what you are saying, was just that.... and imo the size of the venue does not dictate the quality of the music. it never has and i happen to love club shows...so carry on and see your friend's bands if that is what does it for you! just don't come here and try to slag on rndm unless you can write better songs yourself! your friends don't count here, they never have, imo.
    I have to disagree. Sometimes the size of the venue makes all the difference in the world. Some bands simply can't pull off a large venue because they just lack the kind of big stage presence that a band needs to make a big show great, and sometimes they don't have the confidence to do it either. And sometimes they just don't have the musical power required to fill an arena properly. But those same bands might still be able to rock a club. The first band who fits this description that comes to mind is Mudhoney.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    i have seen amazing shows in clubs and amazing shows in stadiums
    good music is good music no matter the size of the venue
    every big band today started in a club and the bands that don't progress to the bigger venues are not any less talented than those playing in larger venues
    Post edited by weddingparade on
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    for anyone that missed this tour, this was a beautiful collaboration of 3 very talented artists. I am very fortunate to have caught them this time
  • Options
    edited March 2016

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

huh? please explain
    hey, I have dug J Arthur since 99. I just don't care for RNDM. yeah. I think I can right better songs than some of their stuff. I gave it up a long time ago. not financially feasible to pursue it.. it's really nice to be in the position of someone like Jeff that can fund these tours. with that said, the point I was trying to make is great bands (like my friends' bands) never make it out of clubs. also agree with PJ_Soul that some bands (like RNDM IMO) don't and won't translate to larger venues. IMO
    Mudhoney- I dig em' and I am sure I am a minority among PJ fans.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360

for anyone that missed this tour, this was a beautiful collaboration of 3 very talented artists. I am very fortunate to have caught them this time

Totally agree. They put on a fantastic show.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    the point is mudhoney is just as good as the who. talent wise.
    the size of the venue does not dictate the talent on the stage
    rndm are a killer band, whether they make the big venues is not the point at all
  • Options
    edited March 2016

i have seen amazing shows in clubs and amazing shows in stadiums
    good music is good music no matter the size of the venue
    every big band today started in a club and the bands that don't progress to the bigger venues are not any less talented than those playing in larger venues

Yeah, I've seen amazing shows in clubs and in arenas and in stadiums. I' just saying that not all bands can pull off all three with equal success. Some bands are more talented than others, and yeah, that has nothing to do with venue. But the venue can still affect how good the show is, depending on the band. Some bands ARE more talented than others at certain venues compared to others. Some bands can carry a stadium and some can't. It's not an insult towards the bands who can't. It's just not their thing, and their style of music might not suit it. Also, their fanbases simply don't usually justify it. 99% of bands NEVER get beyond clubs, soooo......
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

the point is mudhoney is just as good as the who. talent wise.
    the size of the venue does not dictate the talent on the stage
    rndm are a killer band, whether they make the big venues is not the point at all

glad you like them, bought their record.. not my scene.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    And there are bands playing arenas and stadiums that royally suck (musically). Singers who can't sing in key, etc. Thank god for autotune!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I've seen amazing shows in clubs and in arenas and in stadiums. I' just saying that not all bands can pull off all three with equal success.

success is a relative term. it can mean different things to different people.
    imo rndm are successful...the fact they happen to play clubs and perhaps will only play clubs doesn't mean anything at all to me
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I've seen amazing shows in clubs and in arenas and in stadiums. I' just saying that not all bands can pull off all three with equal success.

imo rndm are successful...the fact they happen to play clubs and perhaps will only play clubs doesn't mean anything at all to me
    now don't you appreciate my original succinct def of RNDM... :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited March 2016

PJ_Soul said:

I agree. I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm saying if you think that I'm saying otherwise. I never said RNDM ought to play anything other than clubs - I don't think they should (but did argue that Richard and Joseph would probably appreciate the money that would come with that). I also didn't say that a band not playing stadiums suggested they weren't as good as a band that does. I'm simply saying that not all bands can play huge venues as well as others. That's all, lol.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Me too. I can now be less bummed out that Sandy ruined my plans to see them in 2012. Sheer joy. Literally! Because they ain't doing it for the money. My ticket to the Boston show was $15. My Crash hoodie was $40. No way they are breaking even.