Comments

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Club band playing clubs. End of story

huh? please explain
    someone was wondering why they weren't selling out bigger venues.
    their music is good... I have friends in bands playing a lot smaller places that write better stuff than RNDM in my opinion. it helps to have a member of PJ in the band.
    but they are a club band... never will get any bigger than that. and I don't think they care.
    ya ummm after you wrote IMO then i realized that all of what you are saying, was just that.... and imo the size of the venue does not dictate the quality of the music. it never has and i happen to love club shows...so carry on and see your friend's bands if that is what does it for you! just don't come here and try to slag on rndm unless you can write better songs yourself! your friends don't count here, they never have, imo.
    hey, I have dug J Arthur since 99. I just don't care for RNDM. yeah. I think I can right better songs than some of their stuff. I gave it up a long time ago. not financially feasible to pursue it.. it's really nice to be in the position of someone like Jeff that can fund these tours. with that said, the point I was trying to make is great bands (like my friends' bands) never make it out of clubs. also agree with PJ_Soul that some bands (like RNDM IMO) don't and won't translate to larger venues. IMO
    Mudhoney- I dig em' and I am sure I am a minority among PJ fans.
    Mudhoney is awesome. They always put on a good show large or small venue.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    The two times I saw Mudhoney in an arena they fucking sucked. Just awful. They need to stick to smaller venues for sure.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    PJ_Soul said:

The two times I saw Mudhoney in an arena they fucking sucked. Just awful. They need to stick to smaller venues for sure.

I get it you don't like Mudhoney.....
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I get it you don't like Mudhoney.....
    No, I like Mudhoney fine. They just really can't play an arena.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,927
    On sale today!

http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php?page=view_item&item_id=217&pg=0

2016 RNDM Full Set
    7 11.5" x 24" Posters ; 3 Colors (Purple is metallic)

Also all 7 individual prints @ $35 each.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    Update ..

https://www.dinealonestore.com/products/ghost-riding-lp

180g Audiophile Translucent Orange*
    **NOTE** Due to a manufacturing error, all vinyl will now be translucent orange and not a green / orange swirl
  • Options
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:

Update ..

**NOTE** Due to a manufacturing error, all vinyl will now be translucent orange and not a green / orange swirl

WoW! Talk about a major fuck up.
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    ^^Any idea when 10c will finally ship? :smiley:
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options

^^Any idea when 10c will finally ship? :smiley:

No idea. Was so hoping for the green / orange swirl. D'oh! :(

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,771
    Lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    Jeff throw some RNDM stcikers of the albumn cover when the vinyl finally ships. :smiley:
  • Options
    EB218946 said:

Jeff throw some RNDM stcikers of the albumn cover when the vinyl finally ships. :smiley:

Yes please!!

• Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    it's still a different orange than the variant clear orange Acts which is very rare.

thanks for the heads up!
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options

it's still a different orange than the variant clear orange Acts which is very rare.

thanks for the heads up!

No problemo.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Update ..

Super lame. So they just gave up on the swirl? Or the error was "we just made them orange, sorry".

I just don't want to see an orange/green swirl come up in the next month or so as an "exclusive".
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited March 2016
    The way I see it - I don't have any orange or orange/green swirl vinyl. While the swirl would've been awesome, I'll gladly welcome the translucent orange!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Maybe they can do some green and some orange? :pensive: Honestly, I just want the record, I don't care what colour at this point! Green orange swirl was definitely more interesting than just orange, but oh well!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Suziemay said:

Maybe they can do some green and some orange? :pensive: Honestly, I just want the record, I don't care what colour at this point! Green orange swirl was definitely more interesting than just orange, but oh well!

Agreed! I was hoping for the swirl, but I don't generally get hung up on colored vinyl or variants. I am mainly happy that 1) RNDM released a new album; 2) The new album was released on vinyl; and 3) it was $20. The color was the bonus, and I guess still is. So I'm not upset by the news, but really thought the swirl looked cool and am mildly disappointed that we aren't getting that.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Who gives two shits about the colour of the vinyl. I don't stare at it, I listen to it. Black is fine. Orange is fine. Cream-sicle is fine. Green. Blue. Whatever.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    kramer73 said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Update ..

Super lame. So they just gave up on the swirl? Or the error was "we just made them orange, sorry".

I just don't want to see an orange/green swirl come up in the next month or so as an "exclusive".
    Wtf?? I don't actually mind about the vinyl. I was never excited about a green and orange swirl record anyway. Sounds ugly as hell TBH. :lol: I am glad it changed. It's the fuck ups with production that throw me for a loop. It is getting hard to trust vinyl when it's in any way connected to 10C, even secondarily. I know this is really just a coincidence, since had nothing to do with the manufacturing of this as far as I know.... but psychologically, this is still not helping my faith, lol.
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    I like the orange better than orange/green swirl puke colors.

hope we get it before summer!!
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Just want to spin it
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

The first one was offered in translucent orange; makes sense, all their records should be!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    I'm still holding out on listening to the album online. Want the vinyl to be the first listen.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore