Options

München/Munich official thread

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'll see you guys there. you prolly dont remeber me, but I know you from Verona.
    I was that Croatian girl in Boston shirt that joined you after the show when you were all drinking at Zac's :D
    Of course I remember you. :) Hope to see you there!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    By accident I bought a ticket for the Munich show instead of Dusseldorf (no 10C ticket). Any interested in buying it for 50 Euro? Please pm me!!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    I´ve got tickets :D. Berlin was really far far away last year (I'm living in the German - Austrian border close to Salzburg) for a student, but Munich will be great. Only a 1.5 h trip.

The happy guy from Bavaria *g*
  • Options
    DerBayer wrote:
    I´ve got tickets :D. Berlin was really far far away last year (I'm living in the German - Austrian border close to Salzburg) for a student, but Munich will be great. Only a 1.5 h trip.

The happy guy from Bavaria *g*

Hi there, all of you students from germany...

...is there some bus in your plan for organisation to Katowice show?

There's a lot of us from croatia and slovenia...

thx
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    I spent all my money for going to Düsseldorf and Munich. And I'll write some tests for university in between --> No time for other concerts. Sry :(.
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    hey guys...need help,

am getting tix to the munich gig from http://www.tickets.de

I'm not from Germany and have no experience buying tix off that website. Are they reliable? The standing tix are 58 euros each.

Just let me know ASAP if I shd go ahead with the purchase. Also where's the best place to stay if I go to the Munich gig? Preferably nearest to the venue and cheap. Make that cheapest :D

Appreaciate any info/help from anyone, esp. if you're nice ;)

Cheers
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    oh man i would've LOVED to attend this show...considering how I was living just NEXT DOOR in Augsburg...alas, no more...and I couldn't even consider flying over from aus for a few shows as they are in June when I have exams...CRAP CRAP CRAPSTICKS.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    @solskinn: Try the German Youth Hostels :-). They should be the cheapest place to stay in Munich.

http://djh.de/de/jugendherbergen/visitenkarte/jh.jsp?IDJH=248

>>> If I'm not completely wrong this one should be the closer one to the Olympiahalle. But just write them an emai, they should be able to answer in German :-)
  • Options
    DerBayer wrote:
    @solskinn: Try the German Youth Hostels :-). They should be the cheapest place to stay in Munich.

http://djh.de/de/jugendherbergen/visitenkarte/jh.jsp?IDJH=248

>>> If I'm not completely wrong this one should be the closer one to the Olympiahalle. But just write them an emai, they should be able to answer in German :-)

Thanks DerBayer...but I'm rather hoping they will be able to reply in English as I don't speak German ;)

And what about the website http://www.tickets.de - is it reliable? Shd I get my tickets from there?? They only have print-out tickets and don't mail you a 'hard copy'. I can't seem to get any tix for Wembley - my original destination. And I don't think there are any 10c tix that will magically appear.

p.s. does anyone know what "Stehplatz Innenraum" means? And where is it ocated in the Munich venue - good position/view. I was told it's standing area.

Thanks for all the help guys!!
  • Options
    I should think before I post ... Anyway they should also be able to answer in English, too, at least since last year's world cup.

Yes, "Stehplatz Innenraum" refers to the area where you stand. Tickets.de's online tickets do usually work. We didn't have any problems last year in Berlin with them. And after the show you were able to get a hardcover ticket.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I'm staying either at the Jaegers or Wombats City hostels- there's like about 5 of them side by side. Wouldn't be staying near the Olympiahalle- gotta see the sights in the city. Dachau, even, if I can find the time.

No self-respecting hostel that wants to make a profit would be unable to reply in English.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    DerBayer wrote:
    I should think before I post ... Anyway they should also be able to answer in English, too, at least since last year's world cup.

Yes, "Stehplatz Innenraum" refers to the area where you stand. Tickets.de's online tickets do usually work. We didn't have any problems last year in Berlin with them. And after the show you were able to get a hardcover ticket.

Thanks so much for the response. Heehee...after the world cup, yeah they shd be able to speak some English. I don't mean any offence to all my German friends, but each time I've flown Lufthansa or had to transit in Germany on my travels, everyone there assumes I can speak the language and automatically talk to me in German. It makes me feel very stupid for not knowing how to speak the language - even if I did study it for a year at school (had to).

I'm a little more reassured now about getting tickets from that website. It's also good to know that you do get an actual ticket, even though it's after the show... :confused:
    Hinny wrote:
    I'm staying either at the Jaegers or Wombats City hostels- there's like about 5 of them side by side. Wouldn't be staying near the Olympiahalle- gotta see the sights in the city. Dachau, even, if I can find the time.

No self-respecting hostel that wants to make a profit would be unable to reply in English.

You're right Hinny. I guess I was just being overly stressed. Being desperately in need of PJ tix can do that to a girl.

Well I'll be tarvelling from Norway and so am really looking for something near the venue as well as not too far from the airport.

I really hope I can afford all the travelling expenses after getting the tix!

Once again, cheers guys! Hope to "see" u there!!
  • Options
    This is probably the wrong thread to ask, but what is the easiest way to get to the Poland show the next day? Is there direct flights from Munich?? (Oh, and affordable;) )

Stian
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    This is probably the wrong thread to ask, but what is the easiest way to get to the Poland show the next day? Is there direct flights from Munich?? (Oh, and affordable;) )

Stian

9hours by car....

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=240&strStartAddress=&strStartCP=&strStartCity=munich&strDestCityCountry=1743&strDestAddress=&strDestCP=&strDestCity=katowice&image2.x=32&image2.y=7#
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

Stian

No real affordable flights... around €600-€700!!

The thing I've found cheapest to do is book a return flight Warsaw to Munich, catch the flight back to Warsaw (this is about €200), then get a flight from Warsaw to Katowice for €30 (€25 for the train, but i'll be too stressed to find the train station in Warsaw!)

Its such a difficult part of the trip! But on the plus side I get to arrive in Munich a few days before hand and hang out there for a while!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    No real affordable flights... around €600-€700!!

The thing I've found cheapest to do is book a return flight Warsaw to Munich, catch the flight back to Warsaw (this is about €200), then get a flight from Warsaw to Katowice for €30 (€25 for the train, but i'll be too stressed to find the train station in Warsaw!)

Its such a difficult part of the trip! But on the plus side I get to arrive in Munich a few days before hand and hang out there for a while!

Shit, that's expencive!! Hmm..... What to do.... I heard rumours about some Polish fellas doing a bus/roadtrip thingy. That could be an alternative. U looked into that yet?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Shit, that's expencive!! Hmm..... What to do.... I heard rumours about some Polish fellas doing a bus/roadtrip thingy. That could be an alternative. U looked into that yet?

Nope not really! It is expensive, but its also a bit quicker than the 9 hour car journey (at least) and I can't really be time wasting! Its the only real expensive part of the trip but I can't see it being any cheaper, unless I wanna leave half way through the Munich show and arrive barely on time for the Katowice show!! There are more details on the Polish show thread also, think details of the bus have yet to be updated there though!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Nope not really! It is expensive, but its also a bit quicker than the 9 hour car journey (at least) and I can't really be time wasting! Its the only real expensive part of the trip but I can't see it being any cheaper, unless I wanna leave half way through the Munich show and arrive barely on time for the Katowice show!! There are more details on the Polish show thread also, think details of the bus have yet to be updated there though!

Oh, alright..... We'll get there one way or the other ;)
  • Options
    I have a GA standing ticket so I'll be joining you all..

I have a conference in Vienna the next day so I have two problems... one to claim the travel to the conference and the other to stash my laptop at a hotel...

I think train to Munich from Amsterdam on the tuesday is my plan... I would arrive about 15:30.... then the morning after the gig head to vienna.....
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    I have a GA standing ticket so I'll be joining you all..

I have a conference in Vienna the next day so I have two problems... one to claim the travel to the conference and the other to stash my laptop at a hotel...

I think train to Munich from Amsterdam on the tuesday is my plan... I would arrive about 15:30.... then the morning after the gig head to vienna.....

I'll be driving back to Vienna right after the gig. You could come with us if that helps you in any way.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    That would be wonderful!!! Veilen Dank. What other shows are you heading to?
  • Options
    Just München unfortunately. I have a flight booked for June 13, 11.20am to Toronto, so I won't even be able to make it to Nickelsdorf for Nova Rock. Shitty timing, but at least Munich is possible :D
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    Sonja_S wrote:
    Just München unfortunately. I have a flight booked for June 13, 11.20am to Toronto, so I won't even be able to make it to Nickelsdorf for Nova Rock. Shitty timing, but at least Munich is possible :D

I have similar problems... I don't think I have the energy to do a conference for 3 days... into a festival and then to Wembly on the monday... September last year nearly killed me(a bit of an exageration)... so I'm going to take it a wee bit slower.
  • Options
    I have similar problems... I don't think I have the energy to do a conference for 3 days... into a festival and then to Wembly on the monday... September last year nearly killed me(a bit of an exageration)... so I'm going to take it a wee bit slower.

I'll only take it slow for one week in Toronto (except for a BBQ we are planning to throw since we rented a house ;)) and then we'll squeeze 8 shows into 7 days at the Stratford Theatre Festival in Canada, but at least that's crazyness in one place. I only managed the Vienna show last year due to work reasons. How many did you attend?
  • Options
    Sonja_S wrote:
    I'll only take it slow for one week in Toronto (except for a BBQ we are planning to throw since we rented a house ;)) and then we'll squeeze 8 shows into 7 days at the Stratford Theatre Festival in Canada, but at least that's crazyness in one place. I only managed the Vienna show last year due to work reasons. How many did you attend?

8 I think.... The Astoria, Nijmegen, Antwerp, Barcelona, Verona, Milan, Prague and Berlin. The problem was that I had just spent a month touring europe so I didn't take any days off work in between dates.... :)
  • Options
    Okay, I can see how that nearly killed you ;) I just checked out your flickr account btw, nice pics!
  • Options
    Sonja_S wrote:
    Okay, I can see how that nearly killed you ;) I just checked out your flickr account btw, nice pics!

Thanks!!! Leave a comment!!! It's a little out of date cos I lost my camera... but I'll get a new one this week... and there should be some photos of next week's trip to Milan...
  • Options
    Hello everybody,

I just ordered via phone 4 tickets- seating -S2 section-7th row...I am asking if this site should be ok?? I was talking to a lady, and she seemd ok. Will send me a receit, and after I pay, they will send me tickets. She said that on seated area, you get specific chair in specific section, which you can not change(unless somebody agrees). Any experiences??

this is their site
    http://www.muenchenticket.de/listeVorstellung.jsp?name=pearl+jam&x=7&y=13

Thanks for help and see you in Munich, should be great...must be great!!!!!
    Now we can start talking about setlists and some surprises;)

Open with Immortality...oh or whatever
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    tomorrow i will - finally - buy my standing ticket. i can't wait to see it^^
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    bobaboba Posts: 11
    dunat wrote:
    Hello everybody,

I just ordered via phone 4 tickets- seating -S2 section-7th row...I am asking if this site should be ok?? I was talking to a lady, and she seemd ok. Will send me a receit, and after I pay, they will send me tickets. She said that on seated area, you get specific chair in specific section, which you can not change(unless somebody agrees). Any experiences??

this is their site
    http://www.muenchenticket.de/listeVorstellung.jsp?name=pearl+jam&x=7&y=13

Thanks for help and see you in Munich, should be great...must be great!!!!!
    Now we can start talking about setlists and some surprises;)

Open with Immortality...oh or whatever

Hello Dunat!

München Ticket is probably the most used ticket agency in Munich. They are very safe and reliable. You should have no problems with your tickets (and very nice tickets they are too!). They even send out emails/call when shows are cancelled or postphoned! I got mine from them too.

As to the changing of seats... if you had better seats than someone else, would you swap them for theirs???!!!

Bob