Options

München/Munich official thread

Comments

• Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Hope to see you there. :)

Oh I'll be there :D And also hope to see yea too.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    If you guys see a Chinese looking dude with an Aussie accent and Aussie tour shirts, be sure to tap me on the shoulder and say hi!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Hinny wrote:
    If you guys see a Chinese looking dude with an Aussie accent and Aussie tour shirts, be sure to tap me on the shoulder and say hi!
    Of course! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Keep your eyes on this thread in the next few days. Hoping to announce something for a Munich pre-party soon. :D

Okay, sounds good! We're coming from LA but if you need any help, just let us know. We love the PJ Pre-parties!!

We'll be in Munich for a few days so we cna check it out before the show. Can't wait!!!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    LukinTimer wrote:
    Okay, sounds good! We're coming from LA but if you need any help, just let us know. We love the PJ Pre-parties!!

We'll be in Munich for a few days so we cna check it out before the show. Can't wait!!!

I will keep you in mind thanks. :D
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

Sure thing
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Yay, finally I managed to get some tickets. See you there in June.
  • Options
    bobaboba Posts: 11
    They've just gone on sale peeps. Got mine. Doesn't seem to be any problems getting standing tix. 56€ a pop.
  • Options
    Bob Maubry wrote:
    They've just gone on sale peeps. Got mine. Doesn't seem to be any problems getting standing tix. 56€ a pop.

Congrats on tickets. See yea there. :D
  • Options
    I just bought my Munich tickets, so I'll be there definitely!

http://www.muenchen-ticket.de
    Prague 1996
    Salzburg 2000
    Vienna 2006
    Munich 2007
  • Options
    skatehalle wrote:
    I just bought my Munich tickets, so I'll be there definitely!

http://www.muenchen-ticket.de

Another happy PJ fan. Glad people that were shut out are able to get tickets now. I can't wait for Munich :D
  • Options
    SiR85SiR85 Posts: 13
    I don't understand!!!!!!!
    Why only standing pitch?????
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Hinny wrote:
    The tourist brochure I just picked up lists these places:

Maienplatz Square
    Castle Nymphenburg
    Deutsches Museum
    Hofbrauhaus
    Neuschwanstein Castle

Marienplatz is just the town center. Walk around, look at shops etc.
    Hofbrauhaus is close by and its interesting if you want to see a Bavarian beer house but it is also a tourist trap. The best beer you will find in Munich is Augestiner. they have a brewery on Landsbergerstrasse which does tours or there are loads of beer garden around the city where you can enjoy good beer and a relaxing afternoon.
    Deutsches Museum is the largest technical museum in the world and you won't manage it all in one day. In fact they have a few different sites around Munich focusing on different things. However, nearly everything is in German.
    Neuschwanstein is well impressive but it is also a fair distance away from Munich. You need a day trip for that.
    Another thing worth checking out is the Andechs monastery a short distance outside Munich. its called the holy mountain and is widely considered as the best beer you can get. Very potent stuff though so beware.
  • Options
    IrishGuy wrote:
    Marienplatz is just the town center. Walk around, look at shops etc.
    Hofbrauhaus is close by and its interesting if you want to see a Bavarian beer house but it is also a tourist trap. The best beer you will find in Munich is Augestiner. they have a brewery on Landsbergerstrasse which does tours or there are loads of beer garden around the city where you can enjoy good beer and a relaxing afternoon.
    Deutsches Museum is the largest technical museum in the world and you won't manage it all in one day. In fact they have a few different sites around Munich focusing on different things. However, nearly everything is in German.
    Neuschwanstein is well impressive but it is also a fair distance away from Munich. You need a day trip for that.
    Another thing worth checking out is the Andechs monastery a short distance outside Munich. its called the holy mountain and is widely considered as the best beer you can get. Very potent stuff though so beware.

Great info :D
  • Options
    Seating Tickets will come soon I think.

I don't know what to do :-/ buy a normal ticket or try to get a spare 10c ticket?

A Pre-Show Party would be great :)
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:

I don't know what to do :-/ buy a normal ticket or try to get a spare 10c ticket?

yeah i have the same problem i ve been trying to get that 10c spare for couple of days now so far no luck so i think im gonna go with the regular ticket to this one blah
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:

Keep watching for info soon regarding pre-party. I'm off to bed. Good luck on tickets everyone. I may be off here but it's 9 or 10am right now in Munich?

I say get a ticket now to play it safe. Maybe something better will come your way later. I'm too tired right now to think.
  • Options
    yes, it's 10 am
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:
    yes, it's 10 am

:D PJ in Munich is gonna be awesome.
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    just for standing tho, any idea if seating will be available and how it will work - mean if you buy exact row and seat? At least in Prague it worked perfectly....
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    @patrickredeyes: of course :D Propably my only PJ concert this year :( But the best :P
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    lateralus wrote:

I would get a ticket and resell it if you can get a 10c ticket afterwards.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Just tried to get tickets @ http://www.tickets-per-post.de, but it seems to be sold out? :(
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:
    @patrickredeyes: of course :D Propably my only PJ concert this year :( But the best :P

did u get tickets?
  • Options
    lesteslestes Posts: 959
    lateralus wrote:
    Just tried to get tickets @ http://www.tickets-per-post.de, but it seems to be sold out? :(

you can try here http://www.tickets.de/ :)
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    I inherited an ETB badge from Gitta in November. Mind if I represent?

The bus is gonna be interesting. I'll have my big backpack with me- gonna have to figure out where to put that since it looks like the bus needs to leave right away. Hopefully we'll be able to access the bus before the show.
    Of course you can. Esp if you got it from Gita. :)
    Which bus are you talking about? Cause ETB isnt happening this year :(
    Folks are trying to organize something else but Im still undecided.

Getting a backpack on the Polish bus wont be a problem, though, except you were thinking of where to put it during the gig in Munich...
    You'll a place to put it somewhere, someones car or whatever, dont worry ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    OK-we're going to Munich. Very excited. Question for you people who know the area-what shouldn't we miss and what should we do while we are there? We're only doing the one concert and are spending the rest of our time just getting to know the country. Any suggestions? :)
    I'll see you guys there. you prolly dont remeber me, but I know you from Verona.
    I was that Croatian girl in Boston shirt that joined you after the show when you were all drinking at Zac's :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    did u get tickets?
    no :-/

@lestes: they only have online tickets, which are very expensive: 58€
    at tickets-per-post.de they're only 46€, but sold out. i called them.. don't know what to do
  • Options
    lateralus wrote:
    no :-/

@lestes: they only have online tickets, which are very expensive: 58€
    at tickets-per-post.de they're only 46€, but sold out. i called them.. don't know what to do

http://www.tickets.de

58 EUROS for standing

Still free to get I guess
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    dunat wrote:
    http://www.tickets.de

58 EUROS for standing

Still free to get I guess

they have no hardtickets.
    but i think i will find a ticket..i've read next week the smaller shops will get tickets, maybe i can get one there.