1260261262263264266»

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,922
    Go swim across Sasamat for me!

Now back to politics... hmmm....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,382
    We're still stuck with 3 parties and 3 leaders, none of which really have a plan or idea to solve most of the current problems.   I predict that regardless of who wins the 2025 election, when the term ends, they'll have left Canada in worse shape than they inherited it :)  Mostly because I'm deep in my 40s now, and I don't recall too many of governments actually improving much of anything.
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,714
    Zod said:
    We're still stuck with 3 parties and 3 leaders, none of which really have a plan or idea to solve most of the current problems.   I predict that regardless of who wins the 2025 election, when the term ends, they'll have left Canada in worse shape than they inherited it :)  Mostly because I'm deep in my 40s now, and I don't recall too many of governments actually improving much of anything.
    Yep.  I have zero faith. Hope... all lost. To me what is needed is very drastic change. In order for change to happen, sacrifices would need to be made, concessions would need to be made.  Therein lies the problem. No one wants to admit their wrong. No party, no leader, and hardly any citizens these days.  Empathy and understanding... out the window. 

Private sector corporate mentality is no different... if anything kind of worse. Excess wealth, lying, corruption, exploitation... all with one purpose in mind:  Make things better for 'me' or 'us.'  'Us' as in our company. Politically.. 'us' as in party. 

In politics.. leaders lie through their skin daily to hoodwink people for votes. It's become so bad in Canada and on steroids in the States that an authentic politician would be utterly shocking.  They lie so much and so regularly that it has become remarkably accepted by the people.... and amongst other politicians... telling the truth would be way too dangerous to the establishment. 

Tony D'Amato said it best: "either we heal now, as a team... or we will die as individuals." 

Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 559
    You would think the leader of the opposition would be required and want top security clearance.

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    erebus said:
    You would think the leader of the opposition would be required and want top security clearance.

I know it wouldn't exactly be practical, but these days, I think my idea of that would depend on who the leader of the opposition is, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata