Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones bothered by the appearance of this group's attack ads against the Conservatives/Erin O'Toole.  The article points out how the ads are playing fast and easy with the truth, qualifying these ads as disinformation.  Wonder if Trudeau will call this "noise" as well?

About (worsttimeotoole.ca)

New advocacy group launches pre-election ad campaign against O'Toole, Conservatives | Kamloops This Week
    I really have no answers.  Trudeau is an idiot who is completely incompetent and out of touch with reality...

O’Tool seems like a decent man who is trying modernize the conservatives...

But at this point I think Singh is the most prepared to be PM...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones bothered by the appearance of this group's attack ads against the Conservatives/Erin O'Toole.  The article points out how the ads are playing fast and easy with the truth, qualifying these ads as disinformation.  Wonder if Trudeau will call this "noise" as well?

New advocacy group launches pre-election ad campaign against O'Toole, Conservatives | Kamloops This Week
    I really have no answers.  Trudeau is an idiot who is completely incompetent and out of touch with reality...

I think we'll keep getting Minority governments. Conservatives will keep handily winning the Prairies but struggle to get other seats.  NDP will get their seats from the far left support. Liberals will end up taking what's left.

I don't think really think we have any valid choices that lead to a majority government.
  • Options
    Zod said:

I think we'll keep getting Minority governments. Conservatives will keep handily winning the Prairies but struggle to get other seats.  NDP will get their seats from the far left support. Liberals will end up taking what's left.

I don't think really think we have any valid choices that lead to a majority government.
    I would not mind a minority with Singh as the Prime Minister.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

Man, I had to google Kinsella and go to his twitter to see the clip... and Kinsella’s absolutely right, what the fuck is Trudeau on there? Too bad that even if we had the ability to recall politicians he’d stay in office.

At least he’s good for a laugh, the gun legislation they introduced will do nothing to keep people safe and I’m quite sure the gangsters that killed a guy which I was close to last year were laughing (for a different reason, I laugh so as not to cry, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options

Man, I had to google Kinsella and go to his twitter to see the clip... and Kinsella’s absolutely right, what the fuck is Trudeau on there? Too bad that even if we had the ability to recall politicians he’d stay in office.

At least he’s good for a laugh, the gun legislation they introduced will do nothing to keep people safe and I’m quite sure the gangsters that killed a guy which I was close to last year were laughing (for a different reason, I laugh so as not to cry, lol).
    It’s getting sad.  Warren Kinsella knows his shit.  He’s a liberal who worked in the Chrétien government.  Trudeau IS not a liberal...he is so far left even Singh is scratching his head.  What’s going on in China is genocide and my guess China must have dirt on Trudeau...because no Canadian PM would allow themselves to continually get bitched slapped by China ... of course this is Trudeau and he ain’t no prime minister...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Kinsella is a snake. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Meltdown99 said: Singh has the brains but is in the wrong party. I can't stand the way the Libs spend, it would be "where is the top of the hole" if the NDP was ever in power. And I've voted for that party on a few occasions. 

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Sorry about the quote thingy..................... Singh has the brains but is in the wrong party. I can't stand the way the Libs spend, it would be "where is the top of the hole" if the NDP was ever in power. And I've voted for that party on a few occasions. 

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Kinsella is a snake. 
    I'm genuinely curious why you think so, the columns I've read have mostly seemed reasonable and researched (unlike many of my own posts, lol).

• Options
    Kinsella is a snake. 
    I'm genuinely curious why you think so, the columns I've read have mostly seemed reasonable and researched (unlike many of my own posts, lol).
    Trudeau is the snake.  Kinsella is a lawyer and journalist... he is also liberal...and has no use for our shit head pm... 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Toronto mayor carries on proud Canadian tradition of spending money to fight thing they say they can&#39;t afford <a href="https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg">https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg</a></p>&mdash; Walking Eagle News (@TheEagleist) <a href="">February 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Toronto mayor carries on proud Canadian tradition of spending money to fight thing they say they can&#39;t afford <a href="https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg">https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg</a></p>&mdash; Walking Eagle News (@TheEagleist) <a href="">February 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    I'll be honest, I was concerned when (I believe) CBC did a story about the guy building the "shelters" with the bent that the city should approve these.  At the time I thought it might end in litigation since the builder wasn't going to stop.  With a homeless person dying in (presumably) one of these shelters I wonder if the builder feels any personal responsibility?

I fully acknowledge that homelessness is no simple issue with many, many facets to it, exacerbated by the pandemic.

Edit to add that the death occurred last week.  One person dead after fire at Toronto homeless encampment | CTV News
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

• Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Minassian found guilty today, with the judge rejecting his NCRMD plea. Based on the info I have read, I think this is the correct verdict. The argument for NCRMD seemed scant. 

https://apple.news/A7tmt024YRIaEnN6s5H8RhA
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    warm this thread back up
    an election is coming 
    Libs pick new GG and are making spending announcements freely 
    I will predict another Lib minority with a slim chance of a squeaker of a majority 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Does anyone here on these forums even really care about Canadian politics?

LOL…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    well, the topic has 157 pages, so......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

LOL…

i always wondered why canadians on here are so obsessed with American politics when their own country is such a mess in itself.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,734
    edited July 2021

LOL…

i always wondered why canadians on here are so obsessed with American politics when their own country is such a mess in itself.  
    I don't think our country is in a mess. Why do you think that? 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options

LOL…

Same here…liberals like their tax and spend racist government…I find that odd for the woke generation.  Not so woke after all.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 344
    When the heck are you guys gonna open that border?  My man and I don’t want to miss another year of fishing and hunting in your beautiful country.  
  • Options
    When the heck are you guys gonna open that border?  My man and I don’t want to miss another year of fishing and hunting in your beautiful country.  
    Don’t know.  I’d like it open now.  It’s not really closed, if you can afford a plane ticket, the border has been open.  To the little people, like myself…the land border is closed…it all makes perfect sense, somehow, to someone in government…hehehe.  Our Prime Minister said today that it will be a while before unvaccinated tourist are allowed in?  Even though plane loads of people overseas have been flying in and bringing Covid with them…hope things are clearer…if your confused, well, that’s what our Prime Minister does…confuses people.  Hehehe
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    For now, fully vaccinated Canadians and permanent residents are allowed to enter the country. An announcement is expected fairly soon for fully vaccinated tourists. It has already been announced that it will be quite some time (probably months) before tourists who aren’t fully vaccinated can travel into the country. 

It’s actually fairly simple. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • Options
    Don’t know.  I’d like it open now.  It’s not really closed, if you can afford a plane ticket, the border has been open.  To the little people, like myself…the land border is closed…it all makes perfect sense, somehow, to someone in government…hehehe.  Our Prime Minister said today that it will be a while before unvaccinated tourist are allowed in?  Even though plane loads of people overseas have been flying in and bringing Covid with them…hope things are clearer…if your confused, well, that’s what our Prime Minister does…confuses people.  Hehehe
    You are aware that the difference in the border regarding airplane travel vs car travel is the decision of the American side, right? Because it seems like you’re not. You seem confused, but it isn’t because of the PM. 

Canadians outside of the country can return, whether by land or by air. Non-Canadians/non-PRs aren’t allowed entry. The US allows Canadians to enter by air but not by land. Thus, Canadians can travel between the US and Canada by air, and from the US to Canada by land, but the reasons rest with the American government, not with the Canadian government. 
  • Options

LOL…

I always wondered why americans are so obsessed with Israeli/middle east politics when their own country is such a mess in itself. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

LOL…

I always wondered why americans are so obsessed with Israeli/middle east politics when their own country is such a mess in itself. 
    i would wonder that too. haven't noticed Americans on here obsess over that like the canadians do the US, its kinda weird how obsessed canadians are with US politics. 
  • Options

The CBC should be defunded…they don’t even know where the oceans belong…lmfao at such a garbage network.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

LOL…

i would wonder that too. haven't noticed Americans on here obsess over that like the canadians do the US, its kinda weird how obsessed canadians are with US politics. 
    you missed my point. the point is no nation is an island. our proximity to the US and the US's extremely influential status on the world stage make it an obvious focus for many people, particularly canada and mexico. 

we also consume a SHIT ton of american media. that's how it's always been. our cultures are inextricably culturally intertwined. I understand many americans (possibly yourself) are primarily focused just on america, and that's also a very "american" ideal. so I can understand how it would confuse you how others aren't solely focused on the nation where they live within the mythical borders on a map. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD