Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Seems like the results riled up the Albertan separatists. Their hashtag is trending ;). They claim that “the west” is ready to separate. Hey Alberta, we’re more west than you, and no, not interested in leaving Canada. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    What’s the Canadian opinion of Shady mcBlackFace winning? 
    Read the thread.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    pretty much straight down the middle. obviously there is going to be more happy than not, but general pop, it's split. there is a LOT of JT hate out there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    dignin said:
    Read the thread.
    Thanks, good tip. Didn’t really see much since the election. Always helpful.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    pretty much straight down the middle. obviously there is going to be more happy than not, but general pop, it's split. there is a LOT of JT hate out there. 
    He’s had his share of controversies. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Seems like the results riled up the Albertan separatists. Their hashtag is trending ;). They claim that “the west” is ready to separate. Hey Alberta, we’re more west than you, and no, not interested in leaving Canada. 
    I heard that Wexit thing yesterday, I didn't immediately know what it was. it's funny that a large contingent of albertans are complaining they can't do this on their own and need the help of the rest of canada, and they want to separate. great plan, idiots. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    He’s had his share of controversies. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    honestly, if you can have the scandals he's had, and still win, your opposition did something VERY wrong. Scheer was just too far right for canadians to accept I guess (even though it looks like he slightly won the pop vote). 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    honestly, if you can have the scandals he's had, and still win, your opposition did something VERY wrong. Scheer was just too far right for canadians to accept I guess (even though it looks like he slightly won the pop vote). 
    The vote differential surprises me. I really did think it would land the other way last night, with the liberals projected to win many more additional seats. The gap narrowed significantly from about 3,000,000 at one point to only about 100,000 now I think (?), but it’s not even close in terms of seats. Not like a nail-biter or anything. There’s just that much difference in the size of ridings, I guess. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    The vote differential surprises me. I really did think it would land the other way last night, with the liberals projected to win many more additional seats. The gap narrowed significantly from about 3,000,000 at one point to only about 100,000 now I think (?), but it’s not even close in terms of seats. Not like a nail-biter or anything. There’s just that much difference in the size of ridings, I guess. 
    My guess is it's more of a case where the conservatives won ridings in places like Alberta and Saskatchewan by wide margins and the Liberals won ridings out east by closer margins.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited October 2019
    Only conservatives who already hated him pretended to care about that (get this - I saw several Con supporters whining about that, when they had fucking assault rifles and confederate flags in their profile photos, lol - racists trying to get a PM to lose by trying to convince people he's racist even though he's proven himself not to be. SMH.). Everyone else was very logical about, since it's beyond clear that Trudeau is not a racist. He was just a guy who really really liked dressing up in costume and didn't know it was inappropriate to paint his skin at the time. His polling numbers literally never wavered because of that.
    But the Canadian reaction to him winning a minority government in general? I think pretty much everyone is pretty good with how it all turned out, except everyone who voted Conservative, obviously. They were the big loser of the night, taking the whole balance of power between the Libs and the NDP into consideration.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    What really happened is that traditionally conservative ridings who actually surprised everyone in 2015 by turning Liberal (mainly because of the Islamophobia that Harper when nuts with during that campaign) went back to being Conservative again.
    Scheer REALLY failed in this election though. Like HFD said, he just went too far right, and, most importantly, he tried to run his campaign almost solely on identity politics and attack ads instead of actually addressing the issues that most Canadians care about. He totally fucked it up. He should have spent his time talking about the environment (the party got a big fat F on that issue!), health care, homelessness, the OD crisis, etc, and instead he just kept talking about how much Trudeau sucks. Meanwhile, only a portion of his already dedicated supporters hate Trudeau that much. He focused on those who were already going to vote for him rather than on trying to sway centrists in cities. Dumb. Anyway, I really really hope they ditch him - he's terrible. The Cons need to focus on finding a leader with actual appeal for once, and one who doesn't remind people of Trump in any way. And one who isn't a fucking America citizen, lol. And one who actually wants to truly grow the renewable energy sector rather than remaining obsessed with Alberta oil. Alberta needs a PREMIER who will diversify the province's economy better, so their hissy fit should be more directed inward, not at Trudeau or any other PM.
    Oh, and this Alberta separation thing is the dumbest thing I ever heard, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    dignin said:
    My guess is it's more of a case where the conservatives won ridings in places like Alberta and Saskatchewan by wide margins and the Liberals won ridings out east by closer margins.
    Yes, that is exactly what happened. There is a riding in Alberta where the Cons got 85% of the vote, lol. That is unheard of..... Too bad they and Sask. screwed themselves though. Not a single Lib seat in either province, which means there will be literally zero representation for them in the cabinet.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Terence Corcoran: Bring back the cannabis 'black market' — the closest perfect example of a free market

LOL.  The black market is stronger than ever.  My Cannabis supplier delivers within two hours.  They text when he arrives.  They text a than you after my transaction is complete.

support your local entrepreneur.  Not government Cannabis that is of poor quality.

i pay NO TAXES and the Cannabis is usually $5/gram.  Gotta love the black market.

All legalization in Canada was about was trying to get people to switch from one drug dealer to government controlled drug dealer.

Prohibition 2.0

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

Terence Corcoran: Bring back the cannabis 'black market' — the closest perfect example of a free market

LOL.  The black market is stronger than ever.  My Cannabis supplier delivers within two hours.  They text when he arrives.  They text a than you after my transaction is complete.

support your local entrepreneur.  Not government Cannabis that is of poor quality.

i pay NO TAXES and the Cannabis is usually $5/gram.  Gotta love the black market.

All legalization in Canada was about was trying to get people to switch from one drug dealer to government controlled drug dealer.

Prohibition 2.0

I pay $50 a gram for solventless rosin. In a pinch I would buy weed itself from the black market - I won't ever buy the government's crap again.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

Prohibition 2.0

I pay $50 a gram for solventless rosin. In a pinch I would buy weed itself from the black market - I won't ever buy the government's crap again.
    I buy my edibles out of BC and my weed off an entrepreneur that somehow always manages to have weed in stock.  The government os over-regulating weed, overpricing and overtaxing weed.  Someone somehow convinced some politicians that Cannabis would be a cash cow and the black market would disappear. With all the food recalls, maybe they need to monitor those places better. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    i just can't risk the black market. anyone who says they can know for sure what is in their BM weed is a fool. unless their dealer is also a grower. other than that, everyone has a supplier, and it goes through many hands. 

I'm paying for peace of mind. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I can also safely assume there was no violence involved in the weed I buy from the government.

Maybe that makes me a fool.
  • Options
    i just can't risk the black market. anyone who says they can know for sure what is in their BM weed is a fool. unless their dealer is also a grower. other than that, everyone has a supplier, and it goes through many hands. 

My dealer is the second in the chain, because he partners directly with a single grower and produces his own extract.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I wouldn't do blackmarket either..... But in Vancouver circumstances are different that in other places. We still have a strong grey market that stems from the medical dispensaries that were all over before legalization. Many of these have been shut down, but the local authorities have been pretty casual about the pace of doing that, so some are still open... and I mean open. Like, blatantly open store fronts on busy streets, with piles of weed in little ziplocs in glass display cases. Eventually these will all be forced to close, when there are more legal shops in Vancouver, or they will go more underground, but for now, it's a great option I still feel comfortable using and that is safe for the consumer (not the sellers - they are taking a risk doing this... just not a massive one). The reason I go to them is solely because the quality of the product is FAR superior to what I can buy in the licensed shops. I am getting really frustrated about how shitty the legal product is. I just don't understand it! If the product was as good, I'd be happy to spend a little more to go to a legal shop and pay taxes on it.
  • Options
    benjs said:

My dealer is the second in the chain, because he partners directly with a single grower and produces his own extract.
    that's fair. I don't know anyone that close to their supply that I know of, hence my choice. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    I can also safely assume there was no violence involved in the weed I buy from the government.

why would that make you a fool?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    why is the quality of the legal stuff secondary? i have obviously noticed this as well, and is an annoyance to me, but obviously not enough to make me switch back. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

A regular here, I won't name names, has had a few meltdowns here saying that people who buy legal weed are fools.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

A regular here, I won't name names, has had a few meltdowns here saying that people who buy legal weed are fools.
    Nice and subtle :D

EV
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Last cannabis I bought was from my LP, Aphria
    10grams for $30. Called growers blend. $3 per gram.
    18% THC
    That is cheaper than any black market dealer ever and it's safer
    I do not trust BM cannabis because of the fact they they don't care about the person who consumes it. ie) flush with water for last 7-10days of growing. I am betting the BM growers do not do that as they want a bigger yield. I am not into smoking fertilizer.....

I met a buyer in Denver who choose to buy REC, when getting a licence for MED was easy and the cannabis was cheaper. When I asked him why he said he was not about beating the system and was already happy to stand in line to buy legal REC(and at a higher price). Not every one is gonna play that card but I do get it.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Last cannabis I bought was from my LP, Aphria
    10grams for $30. Called growers blend. $3 per gram.
    18% THC
    That is cheaper than any black market dealer ever and it's safer
    I do not trust BM cannabis because of the fact they they don't care about the person who consumes it. ie) flush with water for last 7-10days of growing. I am betting the BM growers do not do that as they want a bigger yield. I am not into smoking fertilizer.....

I met a buyer in Denver who choose to buy REC, when getting a licence for MED was easy and the cannabis was cheaper. When I asked him why he said he was not about beating the system and was already happy to stand in line to buy legal REC(and at a higher price). Not every one is gonna play that card but I do get it.
    The growers blend from Aphria has not been available to purchase for several months.  And I am thankful.  They do not consistently keep it in stock. But that grower blend is really not good stuff.  

Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The grey market  is still the black market.  Government weed is any weed grown under health Canada licences.  

One thing about Cannabis that is grown indoors, there is absolutely nothing green when it comes to the environment.  These facilities use vast amounts of resources and have no real environmental plan in place.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tomi lahren weighed in on trudeau winning a second term. it is just unbelievable how these people just don't see how incredibly hypocritical they are. 

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1186492971488702469

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No province will ever separate.  And there is no serious talk of separation from Alberta.  Unless you consider a few opinion pieces and billboards ads as serious.  Quebec sent 32 separatist to Ottawa, not Alberta.  The provinces will continue to work with Ottawa...so what if they bitch and moan.  

And none of us should ever want a province to separate.  It’s easy for B.C. to laugh at Alberta...but a separate Alberta would be a nightmare scenario for all Canadians, the same as Quebec...We are stronger together.
    Give Peas A Chance…