Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    After the former justice ministers testimony, I do not believe anything the current government says.  Nothing will change my mind after Butts testifies either.  He was behind the policies that drove many Ontarian's into energy poverty.

I guess people have to decide for themselves who they trust in the upcoming election.  It is becoming more and more clear Canada is a 2 party system federally, with some fringe parties.  The NDP is simply becoming a fringe party under Singh.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    After the former justice ministers testimony, I do not believe anything the current government says.  Nothing will change my mind after Butts testifies either.  He was behind the policies that drove many Ontarian's into energy poverty.

I guess people have to decide for themselves who they trust in the upcoming election.  It is becoming more and more clear Canada is a 2 party system federally, with some fringe parties.  The NDP is simply becoming a fringe party under Singh.

I'm not sure that saying that no amount of additional information will change your mind is a wise strategy. I'm expecting that Butt' testimony will be mostly CYA, but who knows, there could be something surprising, and the veracity of his testimony has little to nothing to do with former policies. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I'm not sure that saying that no amount of additional information will change your mind is a wise strategy. I'm expecting that Butt' testimony will be mostly CYA, but who knows, there could be something surprising, and the veracity of his testimony has little to nothing to do with former policies. 
    There may be.  But as an Ontario, knowing this clown recklessly drove poor people and seniors into energy poverty gives me no reason to believe a word he said.  I am glad he is out of politics.   Besides the liberals spent weeks ytrying to discredit Jody and he only wants to speak now, because what she said was so damaging.  If he offered to speak before Jody, then maybe i’d Give home credibility.  But I really want a public enquiry.  Trudeau will not order a public enquiry.  This DPP is the same law that allowed the bankers in the financial collapse in the US to avoid prosecution and likely jail time.  Do you really want our government making deals with a crooked corporation?  If they fail, so be it...plenty of corporations play by the rules and manage.

As far as the carbon...we pay to much tax already.  My parents used to say “the government will figure a way to tax the air we breath”.  

A carbon tax tax on home heating is just about the dumbest thing possible.  Again but face at his best, let’s drive poor people into more poverty.  I especially love hoe GST will be added to the tax...tax on tax.  Just fucking laughable.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    LOL.  The NDP in Alberta is so done.  They'll be as irrelevant as the Ontario NDP.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Good grief. If this is true, then what the fuck is the matter with PM Fluff.

Jihadi Jack, while lamenting the delays in 'coming home' was quoted as saying, "Nobody cares [about him]."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Good grief. If this is true, then what the fuck is the matter with PM Fluff.

Jihadi Jack, while lamenting the delays in 'coming home' was quoted as saying, "Nobody cares [about him]."
    Not totally true.  I care that he sees a firing squad at some point.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options

Why?  Batshit crazy suits the liberals...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    yes, every liberal is nuts. generalizations are fun! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    The Trudeau liberals and that Wernick character are batshit crazy.  They spent 3 weeks trying to bury the justice minister before they let her tell the truth.  Trudeau, I'm feminist, what BS...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    And you have admitted you don't follow Canadian politics all that much.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    And you have admitted you don't follow Canadian politics all that much.  
    I will admit i follow(ed) US politics a lot more, essentially because those stories grabbed me more the the usual "Trudeau danced with Indians" nonsense I keep reading. But I'm also not sure what my "admission" has to do with anything. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    The fallout continues...too bad on this one, this was one of the few cabinet appointments that actually made sense (at least when she, a doctor, was Health Minister, moving her from that portfolio was a head-scratcher).  Time for another cabinet shuffle (I see 22 Minutes doing a sketch about this newest dance craze, lol).

https://globalnews.ca/news/5020112/jane-philpott-resigns-jody-wilson-raybould/
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options

I have never seen 2 ministers turn on their party.  How can anyone possibly support Trudeau and his corruption.

I mean I get that Bev Oda bought a 20 orange juice, and Mike Duffy was caught in some 90 000 dollar scandal that he was eventually exonerated of. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options

I cannot believe people in this country are not furious?  How many people in this country got meaningless non-violent convictions that are fucking up their lives?  And these clowns think this company should escape prosecution, why 4000 Quebec jobs, what about Alberta, Ontario...probably 10000 + people in the GM supply chain will be out of work in 12 months?  Fuck Trudeau.  Harper was right, he was not ready...nice hair, soon to be grey.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

I cannot believe people in this country are not furious?  How many people in this country got meaningless non-violent convictions that are fucking up their lives?  And these clowns think this company should escape prosecution, why 4000 Quebec jobs, what about Alberta, Ontario...probably 10000 + people in the GM supply chain will be out of work in 12 months?  Fuck Trudeau.  Harper was right, he was not ready...nice hair, soon to be grey.
    Unfortunately for me, I can't get too angry over this, as these latest scandals merely confirm my suspicions about Trudeau and his style (since that's all it is) of governing.  However, in talking with my parents recently (who usually stand centre-left), they can no longer support this government.  I'll be interested to hear what the rest of my family think on this, since leading up to the last election I was made to feel like an absolute fool for supporting Harper's Conservatives.  I expect silence, however.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Unfortunately for me, I can't get too angry over this, as these latest scandals merely confirm my suspicions about Trudeau and his style (since that's all it is) of governing.  However, in talking with my parents recently (who usually stand centre-left), they can no longer support this government.  I'll be interested to hear what the rest of my family think on this, since leading up to the last election I was made to feel like an absolute fool for supporting Harper's Conservatives.  I expect silence, however.
    Its hard to fault people for supporting him.  He promised he'd do politics differently.  Turns out the new boss is way worse than the old boss.

I was never a huge Harper fan.  But, I judge politicians based on whether they govern without always raising my taxes, at least Harper wasn't always after the taxpayer.  And of course, Trudeau was in Toronto trying to sell people on his carbon tax.  Because Canadians don't pay enough tax.  Don't worry, there will be another scandal or 4 by the October election.  Just remember, everything going on is Harper's fault, maybe Mulroney's, could be Rob Ford's fault, let's just blame Doug...

And to show people how out of touch the liberals are, they played that predators music at their cash grab rally,  a day after HBO aired Neverland.

Trudeau should wait a week or so before reshuffling his cabinet.  Just saying.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Heard a rumour that the liberals would like to bring McCallum out of retirement for damage control if he does not accept, Baghdad Bob is available and has experience in government propaganda. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Its hard to fault people for supporting him.  He promised he'd do politics differently.  Turns out the new boss is way worse than the old boss.

I was never a huge Harper fan.  But, I judge politicians based on whether they govern without always raising my taxes, at least Harper wasn't always after the taxpayer.  And of course, Trudeau was in Toronto trying to sell people on his carbon tax.  Because Canadians don't pay enough tax.  Don't worry, there will be another scandal or 4 by the October election.  Just remember, everything going on is Harper's fault, maybe Mulroney's, could be Rob Ford's fault, let's just blame Doug...

And to show people how out of touch the liberals are, they played that predators music at their cash grab rally,  a day after HBO aired Neverland.

Harper was a f**king tool and I'd still take Trudeau over him considering where he was trying to take this country.

That being said... again... I'll be voting out the current pm (not voting in the new pm)- barring some Doug Ford or Donald like candidate that is (I'd never be that stupid).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Harper was a f**king tool and I'd still take Trudeau over him considering where he was trying to take this country.

That being said... again... I'll be voting out the current pm (not voting in the new pm)- barring some Doug Ford or Donald like candidate that is (I'd never be that stupid).
    I know you will.  You moan that criminals are getting away with too much in Canada, but apparently, a PM who may have broken the law is OK with you.  I never liked Harper either, but at least he was not inventing more ways to tax me...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    There is no way I'm voting for the conservatives in any foreseeable future. They have almost nothing in common with my priorities. The SNC-L issue is hugely disappointing but overall the liberals have done more that I wanted done in this term than the conservatives ever have. 

Strange how taxes seems to be the sole defining voting issue for some. 
  • Options
    I could care a less who you vote for at all...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Odd comment for the Canadian Politics thread.
  • Options

Odd comment for the Canadian Politics thread.
    It is your vote correct?  So why would I care who you vote for?  

It is my vote and I'll vote for who I choose.  I do know that I am not supporting a PM that either obstructed justice or came very close to it.  Then to see how he freely insults Canadians.  No Thanks.  
    Give Peas A Chance…