Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited December 2015
    Noload said:

Get_Right said:

Cash, Marriott points and extra vacation days are ready...I will likely skip any festivals.

I had my vacation days requested..but I withdrew them when things seemed to be seriously changing regarding the Southeast dates. Still hopeful most of those dates stay.
    Im on vacation from work July 1st-July 10th..lets hope Soldier Field is true or hell any shows in Chicago/Midwest area (Minus Bonnaroo) in general during that time frame and im there
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    freecandy44freecandy44 Pittsburghish Posts: 90

This was tweeted today and the venue is located right outside of Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

The same thing was tweeted by Live Nation a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't read to much into it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    ComeToTX said:

shep said:

shep said:

so... according to the forum tracker I haven't viewed the last 3.9k posts in this thread... I was down for the first 50 or so pages, but after that I gave up...

any updates, or are we still sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for that string of dates from Florida to Toronto to get announced in April/May?

thanks.

Seems them possibly headlining Bonnaroo messed everything up and now everyone is just waiting for dates being announced sometime in early 2016........so you have basically missed nothing
    thanks.
    and still no houston! ;)
    lol... the thought never even crossed my mind...

I have Tool in two weeks. They will satisfy my craving for a little while... :)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    They could have 2 or 3 or even more legs, but when was the last time something like that happened? Dont get your hopes up
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    mrk2 said:

They could have 2 or 3 or even more legs, but when was the last time something like that happened? Dont get your hopes up

Agree with you on not getting hopes up, but 2 years ago:
    Played 1 Canadian and 1 US show,
    took 2 months off,
    played a bunch of US shows,
    took 2 weeks off,
    and played more US and Canadian shows.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858

Just imagine the lines at the shop and after market prices for the four Solider Field posters. I'm calling it now... one of the posters will have a Blues Brothers or Ferris Bueller Chicago theme poster and it will be going for $300.00 plus on Ebay minutes after they go on sale.

Maybe some posters with Chicago sports teams on it... (Cubs, Hawks, Bears....)
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Noload said:

Get_Right said:

Cash, Marriott points and extra vacation days are ready...I will likely skip any festivals.

I had my vacation days requested..but I withdrew them when things seemed to be seriously changing regarding the Southeast dates. Still hopeful most of those dates stay.
    Where there is smoke there is fire. The announced dates are usually pretty close to the rumored dates-but there are always some rumored shows that are complete BS. Bonnaroo announced the line up in mid-January last year and it was an earlier than usual announcement. Expect the PJ tour to be announced after Bonnaroo.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

I would LOVE nothing more than for them to come back to "Star Lake!"
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    What's the current status of the Columbia, SC, rumor? The same as every other rumor?

This is killing me. I have a teacher work-related commitment on 4/18 that I would need to reschedule many months in advance (with disapproval from others involved even so -- hundreds of kids impacted), and if it doesn't happen by mid-January, I'm screwed and can't do it. I have to go to South Carolina! Come on, PJ, tell us something already!

I don't get why they can't just say, "No, you're all wrong" if that's the case. Or just a simple, "Yes, we are planning a this-coast tour between these dates, and that's it for now. More info to come." This leaking of information and then teasing people with non-committal, glib tweets is really annoying to me . . . we support the band by traveling all over the fucking place and disrupt our lives just to hear a concert. The least they can do is be more forthcoming with accurate information so people can take care of their business. . . . I know, I know, first world entitlement problems. But still. That's my rant on this issue. I wish I never knew there was damned tour or especially that Columbia is on the potential list. Some days on this roller coaster, I'm like "screw the concert" . . . Like today . . . hahahaha. Help me! I'm clearly losing it today.
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    Still miffed at Bonnaroo and the fact it most likely killed a Nashville date.

However, if the 'Roo is indeed the tour opener, maybe the boys will play an unannounced fan club tune-up at the Basement ala Metallica in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlL5txa2cHg

I would be down with that in lieu of a Nashville proper show... for now.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

What's the current status of the Columbia, SC, rumor? The same as every other rumor?

This is killing me. I have a teacher work-related commitment on 4/18 that I would need to reschedule many months in advance (with disapproval from others involved even so -- hundreds of kids impacted), and if it doesn't happen by mid-January, I'm screwed and can't do it. I have to go to South Carolina! Come on, PJ, tell us something already!

I don't get why they can't just say, "No, you're all wrong" if that's the case. Or just a simple, "Yes, we are planning a this-coast tour between these dates, and that's it for now. More info to come." This leaking of information and then teasing people with non-committal, glib tweets is really annoying to me . . . we support the band by traveling all over the fucking place and disrupt our lives just to hear a concert. The least they can do is be more forthcoming with accurate information so people can take care of their business. . . . I know, I know, first world entitlement problems. But still. That's my rant on this issue. I wish I never knew there was damned tour or especially that Columbia is on the potential list. Some days on this roller coaster, I'm like "screw the concert" . . . Like today . . . hahahaha. Help me! I'm clearly losing it today.

hang in there.... I think some of the NC/SC rumours are true... well at least I am hoping.
    you can count me among the people who disagree with the way 10club handles tour announcements.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    When it comes to this tour announcement I see both sides of the story.

The fans are and have been really anxious to at least hear something from 10c since the dates supposedly "leaked" and now festivals and stadium shows have been rumored. Especially for people who have jobs and need to tell their work about it ahead of time. That's totally understandable.

And from the 10 Club's standpoint they can't tell us anything yet until t's have been crossed and i's have been dotted. Also they try not to announce the dates too early or too late according to the first show. That's also totally understandable as well.

I may have just made really obvious statements but those are the facts. It's really gotta suck for those who have to pick off days way ahead of time. But early to mid January seems like the time they'll be announced.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 512
    Really hoping for PJ soldier field July 4th. Would love a W.M.A. opener!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    have you been to soldier field yet for pj show or close to it ??
  • Options
    MK88178 said:

Really hoping for PJ soldier field July 4th. Would love a W.M.A. opener!

W.M.A. as an opener sounds great and all but I just keep trying to imagine what Porch is gonna sound like there.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Give me MSG, Soldier, and a PJ25 weekend and that alone will make it one hell of a year.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    the thought of touring again is awesome i think
    wait till they privately lovingly message 10c :smiley:
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

The fans are and have been really anxious to at least hear something from 10c since the dates supposedly "leaked" and now festivals and stadium shows have been rumored. Especially for people who have jobs and need to tell their work about it ahead of time. That's totally understandable.

And from the 10 Club's standpoint they can't tell us anything yet until t's have been crossed and i's have been dotted. Also they try not to announce the dates too early or too late according to the first show. That's also totally understandable as well.

I may have just made really obvious statements but those are the facts. It's really gotta suck for those who have to pick off days way ahead of time. But early to mid January seems like the time they'll be announced.

you're spot on with this...the 10C owes us nothing in regards to premature information..could you have imagine if they confirmed Nashville and Lexington and then backed out for Bonnaroo?? this place would have burned down. That reason alone is why we get nothing from them because they are only going to report on any confirmed shows and not our speculations. If they responded to all of us rabid fans having "connections" and getting leaked information they wouldn't get anything done around here ha.

I'm just embracing the roller coaster ride myself, its gotten me through some monotonous work days

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

you're spot on with this...the 10C owes us nothing in regards to premature information..could you have imagine if they confirmed Nashville and Lexington and then backed out for Bonnaroo?? this place would have burned down. That reason alone is why we get nothing from them because they are only going to report on any confirmed shows and not our speculations. If they responded to all of us rabid fans having "connections" and getting leaked information they wouldn't get anything done around here ha.

I'm just embracing the roller coaster ride myself, its gotten me through some monotonous work days

Yep. And if they confirmed Nashville and Lexington I would personally be a happy camper. I don't have much interest in going to Bonnaroo even though it's not far at all from me.

But...patience, patience.

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181

Just imagine the lines at the shop and after market prices for the four Solider Field posters. I'm calling it now... one of the posters will have a Blues Brothers or Ferris Bueller Chicago theme poster and it will be going for $300.00 plus on Ebay minutes after they go on sale.

Now those would be worth waiting in line for.
    mschostok said:

Maybe some posters with Chicago sports teams on it... (Cubs, Hawks, Bears....)

If it's Soldier Field there would have to be a Bears themed one, or at least one with a bear of some sort.
  • Options
    consuelo526consuelo526 Chicago Posts: 10
    Soldier Field Chicago - July 2016
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,791
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    How did the Soldier Field rumor get started again? Losing track here. Didn't Dimitri himself say they were playing Wrigley? I could be remembering it incorrectly. That would be crazy if they played both. Anyway, as long as I see PJ in Chicago I'm a happy girl.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968

How did the Soldier Field rumor get started again? Losing track here. Didn't Dimitri himself say they were playing Wrigley? I could be remembering it incorrectly. That would be crazy if they played both. Anyway, as long as I see PJ in Chicago I'm a happy girl.

Rumor got started by a guy on Twitter who looked some what reliable from the amount of followers and name he had saying that he heard they were
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    ehbacon said:

Rumor got started by a guy on Twitter who looked some what reliable from the amount of followers and name he had saying that he heard they were
    Dan Shuftan
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,541
    edited December 2015
    pjalive21 said:

Sometimes obvious statements and facts are exactly what we need in this thread. :)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    RYAN1987MRYAN1987M Woodstock, ON Posts: 3
    Just adding to this massive thread, my first post actually.

I can't wait to see PJ for my first time - one way or another, I'm checking that off the list in 2016!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,918
    Tomorrow is the first. Tomorrow is January. Pearl Jam is releasing tour dates in January. I'm happy it's January.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    RYAN1987M said:

Just adding to this massive thread, my first post actually.

I can't wait to see PJ for my first time - one way or another, I'm checking that off the list in 2016!

Hell yeah, man! Seeing Pearl Jam live is like heroin. Just takes one time and you're hooked. Enjoy whatever show(s) you end up seeing!!