Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    YLed2 said:

I am honestly just yearning to be inside the building and bumping to Corduroy more than anything right now.

Jonesing for shows big time.

So much this!
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    FoxyRedLa said:

my2hands said:

Do you think Pearl Jam @ Soldier Field July 4th Weekend is legit? Yes or no

I say yes

I selfishly say no cuz my chances of attending are slim.
    not like it'll be the only concert of the tour (assuming if it's true.)
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Really hoping that Soldier Field (if it's true) is part of the same lottery as the U.S. tour. That means I have a better chance at scoring an arena show because most people will be dying for the Soldier Field show.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Really hoping that Soldier Field (if it's true) is part of the same lottery as the U.S. tour. That means I have a better chance at scoring an arena show because most people will be dying for the Soldier Field show.

With a seating capacity of 60,000 plus...
    I would hope tickets for a show at Soldier Field would be pretty easy to score!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    derbydave said:

I would hope tickets for a show at Soldier Field would be pretty easy to score!!
    Oh definitely. If they were to do a single-lottery (I don't know if they've done that before or not), I'd definitely enter. Many have said that they wouldn't go because the view would be bad from many seats. I'd go because it would be a nice part of PJ history.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options

derbydave said:

Oh definitely. If they were to do a single-lottery (I don't know if they've done that before or not), I'd definitely enter. Many have said that they wouldn't go because the view would be bad from many seats. I'd go because it would be a nice part of PJ history.
    Same reason for me...
    plus it's an easy drive,
    AND I love Chicago!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    ehbacon said:

FoxyRedLa said:

my2hands said:

I say yes

No. It won't be the only show. But I am already looking at 4 shows hoping I'll get a 5th once the tour is announced. I would love nothing more than to go to a stadium or destination to make up for what I've missed over the years but just may not be in the cards for me this year.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

ehbacon said:

FoxyRedLa said:

my2hands said:

I say yes

No. It won't be the only show. But I am already looking at 4 shows hoping I'll get a 5th once the tour is announced. I would love nothing more than to go to a stadium or destination to make up for what I've missed over the years but just may not be in the cards for me this year.
    That looks like my only shot at a show so I respectfully disagree :tongue:
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I'd love a show at Soldier, but it doesn't make much sense to me. My biggest question is, from the band's perspective, why not Wrigley?
    James Taylor is playing Wrigley on Thursday. Cubs are away til Tuesday. Last show didn't go as planned. Band feels that they have "unfinished business" at Addison & Clark per Theo Epstein. EV is a huge Cubs fan. Last show in Chicago was quickest concert sell-out for Wrigley Field...
    So they're playing Soldier?
    I'm definitely in if they do indeed play Soldier again, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea.
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 523
    I know as of a week ago my buddy who is high in the cubs organization has not heard of a show there. Doesn't mean there won't be one but odds are against it at this point. Maybe soldier field is happening instead.
  • Options
    Soldier holds more people, better acoustics, and I think because of their history there fans would love to go see them there again. They were just at Wrigley so I think people might pass that up.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    3days said:

I'd love a show at Soldier, but it doesn't make much sense to me. My biggest question is, from the band's perspective, why not Wrigley?
    James Taylor is playing Wrigley on Thursday. Cubs are away til Tuesday. Last show didn't go as planned. Band feels that they have "unfinished business" at Addison & Clark per Theo Epstein. EV is a huge Cubs fan. Last show in Chicago was quickest concert sell-out for Wrigley Field...
    I'm definitely in if they do indeed play Soldier again, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea.

I completely agree with you. Ed would much rather play wrigley! The only thing I can think of is that something logistically just didn't work out for them playing wrigley so they opted for plan b at soldier field. Hopefully we will know in a couple weeks or so. Although I think only the spring tour gets announced next month.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,051

3days said:

I completely agree with you. Ed would much rather play wrigley! The only thing I can think of is that something logistically just didn't work out for them playing wrigley so they opted for plan b at soldier field. Hopefully we will know in a couple weeks or so. Although I think only the spring tour gets announced next month.
    How do you know ed would much rather play wrigley? he s a huge bears fan too.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

3days said:

How many times have you seen ed at a bears game?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,051

mcgruff10 said:

3days said:

i've never been do a game bears game so zero.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

3days said:

Euro tour though.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    ehbacon said:

Soldier holds more people, better acoustics, and I think because of their history there fans would love to go see them there again. They were just at Wrigley so I think people might pass that up.

You're probably right. Especially if mum is the word in Wrigleyville; in 2012-13 there was a lot of he said/she said months before the announcement. Regardless of location, I'd love to see the guys back in Chicago this year... Cheers!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

3days said:

i've never been do a game bears game so zero.
    Not saying he's not a fan but he's nowhere near as big of a bears fan as he is a cubs fan. His cubs fandom is well documented. I've been a huge bears fan my entire life and I've never heard about ed being at one of their games. I believe ed had stated in the past that he usually gets to about a dozen cubs games a year.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think it's PJ25 @ Soldier Field... it is perfect

100%

but it's also 100% speculation lol
  • Options
    that would be awesome, any speculation of when the announcement will be?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,515
    Lot's of fans got shut out of Wrigley tix...true, we CUbs fans love being at the Friendly Confines..I love being on the field, but Soldier Field can fit 2 Wrigley shows in one night.
  • Options
    PJ25 will be 8 nights MSG. They are just waiting for Knicks to be officially eliminated from the playoffs which is taking longer than even Dolan expected. Announcement mid-January.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    whats our best guess?

Friday January 8 - Announcement
    Sunday January 10 - Newsletter
    Wednesday January 13 - Lottery Ends
    Friday January 15 - Public Sale

maybe a 7 day countdown clock starting on Friday January 1?
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    PJ25 = Two nights in September or October at Seattle Center. Accompanying acts with PJ playing Memorial Stadium.

The Gorge would be perfect though.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Never been to soldier field, so someone who has please chime in

Maybe it's soldier over wrigley now because it's less near neighborhood residences(allowing easier late curfew logisticsand less or no fines for extensions) AND I have a hunch it would offer MUCH better shelter during a storm than the mess that was the hundred year old claustrophobic wrigley hallways in '13(I know die hard a that left in 13 because they just couldn't take it in there anymore). Seems like the football stadium would have much wider and more actual hallways/concourses inside should the rain come again(which Chicago in summertime is always a high possibility)
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Ed134Ed134 Posts: 54
    From a relative that works at Soldier Field, he said PJ on 7/4 at Soldier Field is booked
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Ed134 said:

From a relative that works at Soldier Field, he said PJ on 7/4 at Soldier Field is booked

The show on a Monday night? I was hoping for the show to be on the Saturday/Sunday night so that we can also enjoy the 4th in Chicago. Doesn't make sense to me why the show would be on the monday night..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    FrankieG said:

Ed134 said:

The show on a Monday night? I was hoping for the show to be on the Saturday/Sunday night so that we can also enjoy the 4th in Chicago. Doesn't make sense to me why the show would be on the monday night..
    This may be the night that fits into a tour schedule. Or it may be the night the stadium allowed them to have. PJ can't only play on Weekends.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    edited December 2015
    YLed2 said:

PJ25 = Two nights in September or October at Seattle Center. Accompanying acts with PJ playing Memorial Stadium.

The Gorge would be perfect though.

I'd take PJ25 in Chicago, or a major city, over the Gorge every time.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Ed134 said:

Any chance of a 2 night run there?
    :rock_on: