Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

Just got back from being out of the country for 10 days... Have I missed anything big or anything Cleveland/Columbus related?

I will never understand the burning desire people have for them to come to their town. They were just at Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Cincy, Ohioans are as lucky with shows as any region. Tickets are easy to come by, the shows are always top notch, and you can hit multiples wit just a few hours driving.
    What's not to understand. No travel or hotel costs or having to use vacation days. Sleeping in you own bed. I will always take a hometown show over traveling to one.
    JWPearl said:

Sorry but flying and driving scenery can be fun not to mention the different reception at hotels and nice people you meet

I have to agree with JWPearl here. The last place I want to be after a show is in my house. That's the definition of anticlimactic to me, to be right back where you were a few hours ago as if nothing happened. I did it in Columbus 2010 and it was a HUGE LETDOWN compared to the hotel and sleeping on the beach between and after Pitt and Buffalo shows in '13 or the hotels, mountains, and beach between shows in Europe.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Just got back from being out of the country for 10 days... Have I missed anything big or anything Cleveland/Columbus related?

I will never understand the burning desire people have for them to come to their town. They were just at Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Cincy, Ohioans are as lucky with shows as any region. Tickets are easy to come by, the shows are always top notch, and you can hit multiples wit just a few hours driving.
    I'd like to have them here in Pittsburgh again mainly because I traveled all over the place in the 7 years (2006-2013) between shows here. I can't travel all over the place like I could in the past. I'd like to be able to stay home and see them and maybe hit a close show if possible
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options

rgambs said:

I'd like to have them here in Pittsburgh again mainly because I traveled all over the place in the 7 years (2006-2013) between shows here. I can't travel all over the place like I could in the past. I'd like to be able to stay home and see them and maybe hit a close show if possible
    It's only a few hours to Cleveland, Columbus or Buffalo. I think we in this region are super fortunate and we should be thankful! When the dates get announced PM me if you need tips for Buffalo or elsewhere, I know all the good places to camp, beautifully and cheaply.
  • Options
    If there is a Buffalo show (thpought i saw a rumor) we should get a contingent of Ohioans to travel together!
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

What's not to understand. No travel or hotel costs or having to use vacation days. Sleeping in you own bed. I will always take a hometown show over traveling to one.
    JWPearl said:

Sorry but flying and driving scenery can be fun not to mention the different reception at hotels and nice people you meet

I have to agree with JWPearl here. The last place I want to be after a show is in my house. That's the definition of anticlimactic to me, to be right back where you were a few hours ago as if nothing happened. I did it in Columbus 2010 and it was a HUGE LETDOWN compared to the hotel and sleeping on the beach between and after Pitt and Buffalo shows in '13 or the hotels, mountains, and beach between shows in Europe.
    I'm not against traveling for a show I just prefer in my town or not much of a drive. Like said in another post we are pretty fortunate in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania region with having a good amount of shows close. And I will be traveling to Lexington, Pit, or wherever I need to this next tour if they don't play Columbus.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

I'm not against traveling for a show I just prefer in my town or not much of a drive. Like said in another post we are pretty fortunate in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania region with having a good amount of shows close. And I will be traveling to Lexington, Pit, or wherever I need to this next tour if they don't play Columbus.
    Yeah, I understand wanting a close show, I just don't understand how badly some people want it.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

Yeah, I understand wanting a close show, I just don't understand how badly some people want it.
    Good point. Maybe that's the people that haven't had a hometown show for a long time or ever.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    I just think Cleveland deserves one over Buffalo or Pitt since those 2 cities had shows in 2013
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    mcgruff10 said:

Dercheef said:

eddiec said:

Dercheef said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate the call back on long road, just let ed sing! I'm not sure what show you were at or what frame of mind you were in but I thought it the crowd blew away alpine that year.

Fair enough if you don't like the call back during long road. I was under the impression that Eddie was actually waiting for the crowd to call back at him but nothing happened. It was just an example to show where I thought the crowd participation was lacking. And when you read through the fanviews thread, while a lot of people say the crowd was great atleast half a dozen say it wasn't. I think a lot people got blinded by the great setlist and the high energy second encore. The rest of the night was just nowhere up there crowdwise.
    I don't remember how the crowd was for the whole show but when Neil came out it was definitely the loudest I have ever heard a crowd react. Hands down. It was deafening.
    Agreed. That place was rocking at the end. And I also agree with my2hands about drunken morons and the section you are in. I was in 5th row center ice on Stones side and that section def sucked big time. Anyway. It obviously doesn't matter one bit what I thought about the crowd that night. It was an incredible show.
    I was 7th row floor in front of stone and my whole area was rocking from the initial D chord to the jammed out ritfw.
    mcgruff10 said:

Dercheef said:

eddiec said:

Dercheef said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate the call back on long road, just let ed sing! I'm not sure what show you were at or what frame of mind you were in but I thought it the crowd blew away alpine that year.

Fair enough if you don't like the call back during long road. I was under the impression that Eddie was actually waiting for the crowd to call back at him but nothing happened. It was just an example to show where I thought the crowd participation was lacking. And when you read through the fanviews thread, while a lot of people say the crowd was great atleast half a dozen say it wasn't. I think a lot people got blinded by the great setlist and the high energy second encore. The rest of the night was just nowhere up there crowdwise.
    I don't remember how the crowd was for the whole show but when Neil came out it was definitely the loudest I have ever heard a crowd react. Hands down. It was deafening.
    Agreed. That place was rocking at the end. And I
    mcgruff10 said:

Dercheef said:

eddiec said:

Dercheef said:

mcgruff10 said:

Agreed. That place was rocking at the end. And I also agree with my2hands about drunken morons and the section you are in. I was in 5th row center ice on Stones side and that section def sucked big time. Anyway. It obviously doesn't matter one bit what I thought about the crowd that night. It was an incredible show.
    I was 7th row floor in front of stone and my whole area was rocking from the initial D chord to the jammed out ritfw.
    Sorry, I meant the side section, not the floor.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 895
    BLACK35 said:

I thought Toronto 1 was rocking as well for the entire show, actually 1 of my all time favorite shows that I attended

I agree!!! I thought the crowd was great the entire show.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

I'm with you as I work my vacations around PJ's tour schedule. But if I had kids and couldn't travel I would be screaming for a show nearby. I don't really care if they come back to my city, but it would be cool to walk to a show from my house.
  • Options
    freecandy44freecandy44 Pittsburghish Posts: 90

I just think Cleveland deserves one over Buffalo or Pitt since those 2 cities had shows in 2013

Haha...Pittsburgh or bust for this dude.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fuck Christmas, is it January yet?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,559
    edited December 2015
    KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

The '10 Columbus show was great. Having never been to Columbus prior I was really impressed with both the city and the venue. I seem to recall the weather was perfect out and it was great to walk the city. Looking forward to visiting Lexington for the 1st time in a few short months.
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

The '10 Columbus show was great. Having never been to Columbus prior I was really impressed with both the city and the venue. I seem to recall the weather was perfect out and it was great to walk the city. Looking forward to visiting Lexington for the 1st time in a few short months.
    It was a great show, they played Alone. It was a great night, and yeah the weather was perfect.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

It was a great show, they played Alone. It was a great night, and yeah the weather was perfect.
    AND we got the "Oceans" opener...
    plus Mike pre-set performance of "Dead Flowers" & "That's All Right"
    It was a GREAT show for me!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

How could I forget Oceans as the opener...damn. Good stuff.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    my2hands said:

Fuck Christmas, is it January yet?

:lol:
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

It's only a few hours to Cleveland, Columbus or Buffalo. I think we in this region are super fortunate and we should be thankful! When the dates get announced PM me if you need tips for Buffalo or elsewhere, I know all the good places to camp, beautifully and cheaply.
    I don't know where you live. Assuming youre in Ohio. MI to Buff is over 8 hours if you don't cut thru Canada. I consider any trips around 10 hours to be local driving :lol: so I don't mind. But I have 3 kids now and have to be available as quick as possible for them. I may be reduced to a 6 hour radius next year.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

I WISH I could forget the UGLY poster we got!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I like this poster.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    KC138045 said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

You are in the extreme minority
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    I flew in for the Columbus and Noblesvile shows from South Florida and although a great all around time and shows, the Oceans performance from Columbus is pretty terrible. Take a listen some time, it was a great treat to hear them break it out, but Ed kind of butchered it vocally.. The Release from Indy was spot on... Don't mean to be a downer... just my observations...
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    my2hands said:

KC138045 said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

You are in the extreme minority
    hahahaha
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,591
    I like that poster but I usually have the opposite opinion on posters than most people around here.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354

I'd be surprised if Toronto gets the rumoured two and Buffalo gets one within a span of a week for this tour. With so much ground to cover, that's that three shows in a small space.

I'd go to all three if they do, mind you.
  • Options
    AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
    edited December 2015
    rummy said:

I'd be surprised if Toronto gets the rumoured two and Buffalo gets one within a span of a week for this tour. With so much ground to cover, that's that three shows in a small space.

I know that the sound can be hallow in spots, but I'm ALWAYS hopeful for a Rochester NY show at the Blue Cross Arena. I've always wanted a Rochester poster (I was born there) to go alongside my two Buffalo shows. Plus, it'd cut an hour each way off my drive time to Buffalo.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

rummy said:

I know that the sound can be hallow in spots, but I'm ALWAYS hopeful for a Rochester NY show at the Blue Cross Arena. I've always wanted a Rochester poster (I was born there) to go alongside my two Buffalo shows. Plus, it'd cut an hour each way off my drive time to Buffalo.

Did they play Rochester in 94 or am I totally wrong?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,559
    derbydave said:

rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

I love that poster. It's fantastic. If that poster had the text "MSG" or "NYC" in the image field it would easily command $500 on the secondary market.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    100 Pacer said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

I love that poster. It's fantastic. If that poster had the text "MSG" or "NYC" in the image field it would easily command $500 on the secondary market.
    Not a chance. I guessing you're being sarcastic. The MSG 08 posters have a similar cartoony motif and nobody is paying $500 for those either.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited December 2015
    derbydave said:

rgambs said:

derbydave said:

rgambs said:

100 Pacer said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

KC138045 said:

rgambs said:

JWPearl said:

Hahaha yeah, it's one of the worst!
    If the bottom half had background it wouldn't bother me, but the white bottom half is just too much for me.
    Post edited by rgambs on