Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Same here. I have no issues with corporations. From FMLA, to PTO, to health insurance, to life insurance, corporations have been instrumental in creating the unbelievable standard of living that we have in the United States. And I'm a liberal.
  • Options

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/facebook-cofounder-gift-democrats/index.html

Just making sure all you liberals who hate corporations and the money they inject to elections have another example to get mad about. Oh wait, you won't care because the ends justify the means in ALL cases for liberals.

Also, not split hairs, but the corporation did not donate this money, the individual did from his own wealth.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/facebook-cofounder-gift-democrats/index.html

Just making sure all you liberals who hate corporations and the money they inject to elections have another example to get mad about. Oh wait, you won't care because the ends justify the means in ALL cases for liberals.

I don't like it but yes if money is offered you take it...you have to.

I don't understand how right wingers think this is some sort of hypocrisy.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

i'm probably not a liberal based on who consider themselves liberal here ...

i disagree with this wholeheartedly ... I don't care who the money goes to ... elections should be decided not by money spent ...
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093

that's one big paint brush you got there. how do you hold it up?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    polaris_x said:

i disagree with this wholeheartedly ... I don't care who the money goes to ... elections should be decided not by money spent ...
    I believe 'liberal' is a big tent.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I love corporations, they write a majority of the checks made jointly payable to moi.
    Allstate, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, AIG, GEICO, etch etch
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

probably too big ... haha
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

That's what Republicans thought over the past 20 years as they scrubbed their ranks of "RINO's". Now look at them. Liberals should be mindful of what they have witnessed.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

That's what Republicans thought over the past 20 years as they scrubbed their ranks of "RINO's". Now look at them. Liberals should be mindful of what they have witnessed.
    i'm not sure if you've figured it out yet ... but our versions of what we'd like society to be are very different ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

i'm not sure if you've figured it out yet ... but our versions of what we'd like society to be are very different ...
    That's not my point. The right has been purging its ranks and the result is the electoral mountain they face today. Liberals attempting to do the same will push left of center people (which are needed to win elections) into a different camp. So instead of getting 6 of 10 things you want politically, you get 0 of 10 things. That's where the Right sits today.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

That's not my point. The right has been purging its ranks and the result is the electoral mountain they face today. Liberals attempting to do the same will push left of center people (which are needed to win elections) into a different camp. So instead of getting 6 of 10 things you want politically, you get 0 of 10 things. That's where the Right sits today.
    how is that? ... the right has control of both houses ... they may still win the presidency ...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    Liberal, conservative, left, right, moderate. None of those terms have much concrete meaning anymore. Not compared to: sensible, wise, generous, caring, biocentric.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

how is that? ... the right has control of both houses ... they may still win the presidency ...
    The House is gerrymandered as you well know. The Senate has improper weighting to small states, as you well know (and the Senate flips often). But the POTUS is more important than both combined since it has veto power and of course the full weight of foreign affairs. And that's where the Democrats are in excellent position today, have been for 8 years and will be for the future if they don't fuck it up. The loss of minorities and young people will be devastating if the right does not moderate its positions on a host of issues. What we are seeing in the electoral make up of the states is just the tip of the iceberg if the right continues its course.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:

Obama: Hilliary will say anything and change nothing.

Hilliary:
    We came out of the white house dead broke and in debt
    I remember landing under sniper fire
    I have never lied to the American public
    I never received or sent any material that was marked classified from private server
    I worked across the partisan aisle with DeLay, one of the most partisan republicans in congress, on ASFA.

I forgot this one, probably my favorite!

The Islamic State is rooting for Trumps victory, "please allah, make Trump president of America"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hilliary:
    I never received or sent any material that was marked classified from private server
    I worked across the partisan aisle with DeLay, one of the most partisan republicans in congress, on ASFA.

The Islamic State is rooting for Trumps victory, "please allah, make Trump president of America"
    You forgot that HRC is responsible for JFK Jr's death.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    edited September 2016

Truth is not a heavy burden.

Mozilla CEO donates 1,000 to a political action committee and he loses his job because of the left's whining and moaning. This guy gives $20 million and perfectly fine apparently. You can only lose your job when your views don't align with the left's. How many times did I read here about the evil Coke brothers and how the rich shouldn't be able to influence politicians, but if Salesforce wants to take on laws in Indiana or Paypal wants to pressure the state of North Carolina that is perfectly fine. Selective outrage.

I don't like that some punk who designed a piece of software has more say in politics than me or anyone else.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093

Mozilla CEO donates 1,000 to a political action committee and he loses his job because of the left's whining and moaning. This guy gives $20 million and perfectly fine apparently. You can only lose your job when your views don't align with the left's. How many times did I read here about the evil Coke brothers and how the rich shouldn't be able to influence politicians, but if Salesforce wants to take on laws in Indiana or Paypal wants to pressure the state of North Carolina that is perfectly fine. Selective outrage.

I don't like that some punk who designed a piece of software has more say in politics than me or anyone else.
    sweeping generalization are, however.

I have always said that elections, as they stand now, are a farce. the person with the most money wins, and that money comes from rich donors who get their whims back in spades. it is legal corruption, and I think it stinks. private donations should be illegal.

I have never seen liberals apologize for this behaviour.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

The House is gerrymandered as you well know. The Senate has improper weighting to small states, as you well know (and the Senate flips often). But the POTUS is more important than both combined since it has veto power and of course the full weight of foreign affairs. And that's where the Democrats are in excellent position today, have been for 8 years and will be for the future if they don't fuck it up. The loss of minorities and young people will be devastating if the right does not moderate its positions on a host of issues. What we are seeing in the electoral make up of the states is just the tip of the iceberg if the right continues its course.
    based on US electoral system - I don't see defcon 1 at all ... as bad of a candidate as trump is ... he's still polling 43% nationally ... and that will likely be higher come november ... as fucked up as the right are now ... the majority will continue to be its base ...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hilliary:

WHAT??!!
    I thought you were a smart guy
    Don't you know that Obama is responsible for that?
    And everything else bad that has ever happened at any time in human history.
    D'uh :dizzy:
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hilliary:

WHAT??!!
    I thought you were a smart guy
    Don't you know that Obama is responsible for that?
    And everything else bad that has ever happened at any time in human history.
    D'uh :dizzy:
    There's a person on the AMT who actually posted that in the past. They know who they are...
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited September 2016

I have always said that elections, as they stand now, are a farce. the person with the most money wins, and that money comes from rich donors who get their whims back in spades. it is legal corruption, and I think it stinks. private donations should be illegal.

Didn't Obama setup some new rule for the DNC, where they couldn't take in big money, kind of like banning citizens united but only for the DNC?-

Didn't DWS overturn it? Wasn't HRC against Citizens United? I never heard the press conference where she spoke out against overturnning that rule. Can someone link me up to it? Didn't she say she would do everything possible to overturn Citizens U? But is bringing in truck loads of FUCKING CASH FROM BIG DONORS!?!?! I'm fucking confused.
    Someone link up her website where I could go see where she stands on these issues. Some clintonite posted it yesterday suggesting I read through so I could get answers. WTF - KNowing Clinton, I'll read through and the next day she'll be flip flopping ... fuck that. A total waste of time.
    I remember Obama getting it right when he said something to the affect of, "Clinton will say anything and change nothing" .....
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

Didn't Obama setup some new rule for the DNC, where they couldn't take in big money, kind of like banning citizens united but only for the DNC?-

Didn't DWS overturn it? Wasn't HRC against Citizens United? I never heard the press conference where she spoke out against overturnning that rule. Can someone link me up to it? Didn't she say she would do everything possible to overturn Citizens U? But is bringing in truck loads of FUCKING CASH FROM BIG DONORS!?!?! I'm fucking confused.
    Someone link up her website where I could go see where she stands on these issues. Some clintonite posted it yesterday suggesting I read through so I could get answers. WTF - KNowing Clinton, I'll read through and the next day she'll be flip flopping ... fuck that. A total waste of time.
    I remember Obama getting it right when he said something to the affect of, "Clinton will say anything and change nothing" .....
    Why do you want someone to send you a link to it if it's a waste of time?

Obama probably did say that in the primaries in 08. But he endorsed her passionately and made her SOS. You should be very angry with Obama for that rather than quoting him.
  • Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-hillary-clinton-email-story-is-out-of-control/2016/09/08/692947d0-75fc-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.ba8830ba9723
    ...In fact, Ms. Clinton’s emails have endured much more scrutiny than an ordinary person’s would have, and the criminal case against her was so thin that charging her would have been to treat her very differently. Ironically, even as the email issue consumed so much precious airtime, several pieces of news reported Wednesday should have taken some steam out of the story. First is a memo FBI Director James B. Comey sent to his staff explaining that the decision not to recommend charging Ms. Clinton was “not a cliff-hanger” and that people “chest-beating” and second-guessing the FBI do not know what they are talking about. Anyone who claims that Ms. Clinton should be in prison accuses, without evidence, the FBI of corruption or flagrant incompetence.

Second is the emergence of an email exchange between Ms. Clinton and former secretary of state Colin Powell in which he explained that he used a private computer and bypassed State Department servers while he ran the agency, even when communicating with foreign leaders and top officials. Mr. Powell attempted last month to distance himself from Ms. Clinton’s practices, which is one of the many factors that made the email story look worse. Now, it seems, Mr. Powell engaged in similar behavior.

Last is a finding that 30 Benghazi-related emails that were recovered during the FBI email investigation and recently attracted big headlines had nothing significant in them. Only one, in fact, was previously undisclosed, and it contained nothing but a compliment from a diplomat. But the damage of the “30 deleted Benghazi emails” story has already been done.

Ms. Clinton is hardly blameless. She treated the public’s interest in sound record-keeping cavalierly. A small amount of classified material also moved across her private server. But it was not obviously marked as such, and there is still no evidence that national security was harmed. Ms. Clinton has also admitted that using the personal server was a mistake. The story has vastly exceeded the boundaries of the facts.

Imagine how history would judge today’s Americans if, looking back at this election, the record showed that voters empowered a dangerous man because of . . . a minor email scandal. There is no equivalence between Ms. Clinton’s wrongs and Mr. Trump’s manifest unfitness for office.
    Fucking finally!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-hillary-clinton-email-story-is-out-of-control/2016/09/08/692947d0-75fc-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.ba8830ba9723

...In fact, Ms. Clinton’s emails have endured much more scrutiny than an ordinary person’s would have, and the criminal case against her was so thin that charging her would have been to treat her very differently. Ironically, even as the email issue consumed so much precious airtime, several pieces of news reported Wednesday should have taken some steam out of the story. First is a memo FBI Director James B. Comey sent to his staff explaining that the decision not to recommend charging Ms. Clinton was “not a cliff-hanger” and that people “chest-beating” and second-guessing the FBI do not know what they are talking about. Anyone who claims that Ms. Clinton should be in prison accuses, without evidence, the FBI of corruption or flagrant incompetence.

Second is the emergence of an email exchange between Ms. Clinton and former secretary of state Colin Powell in which he explained that he used a private computer and bypassed State Department servers while he ran the agency, even when communicating with foreign leaders and top officials. Mr. Powell attempted last month to distance himself from Ms. Clinton’s practices, which is one of the many factors that made the email story look worse. Now, it seems, Mr. Powell engaged in similar behavior.

Last is a finding that 30 Benghazi-related emails that were recovered during the FBI email investigation and recently attracted big headlines had nothing significant in them. Only one, in fact, was previously undisclosed, and it contained nothing but a compliment from a diplomat. But the damage of the “30 deleted Benghazi emails” story has already been done.

Ms. Clinton is hardly blameless. She treated the public’s interest in sound record-keeping cavalierly. A small amount of classified material also moved across her private server. But it was not obviously marked as such, and there is still no evidence that national security was harmed. Ms. Clinton has also admitted that using the personal server was a mistake. The story has vastly exceeded the boundaries of the facts.

Imagine how history would judge today’s Americans if, looking back at this election, the record showed that voters empowered a dangerous man because of . . . a minor email scandal. There is no equivalence between Ms. Clinton’s wrongs and Mr. Trump’s manifest unfitness for office.
    Fucking finally!

OH MY GOD!!! YES!!! FINALLY!!! THANK YOU, JESUS!!

We can all finally get some rest tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yev6Hi4LDFY
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

I don't hate corporations either, in and of themselves. I often like to buy the shit they produce. What they happen to do on a case by case basis determines how I feel about any given corporation (I do hate American health insurance companies though... vultures. Every last one. They shouldn't be allowed to exist IMO). I do definitely hate the government for allowing corporations to manipulate governance, regulations, and laws though. For allowing corporations to buy off politicians. I think that only private citizens should be able to donate to election campaigns. Of course that would include rich people who may get all of their own money from said corporations - there is no way around that IMO. And that is what it seems Dustin Moskovitz is doing. He donated his own private money, not the company's money. How would you, bootlegger10, suggest we could get around that? You can't tell private citizens what to do with their own money if they want to donate it, be they rich or poor.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^I've brought this up to you before. Wasn't this a goal of Bernie? Didn't he want to influence the platform? Didn't he say the revolution was about ideas not him? Yet, when she listens to the people and changes her position, you lambaste her for flip flopping (Remembering this is official Obama policy, rightfully). When she does a press conference, you poo poo it. When she interviews with a 60 minutes or Morning Joe, you dismiss it. When she apologizes for the emails, the same. When people here ask you, what questions does she need to answer, there is no reply (that I've seen). At least be intellectually honest that there's nothing she can do that won't drive you to criticism.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
This discussion has been closed.