Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    “There’s a growing and disturbing narrative surrounding Clinton in the way in which she conducted business at the State Department,” Matthew G. Whitaker, the director for FACT said in a statement. “Essentially, if someone wanted access to her, they needed to be a significant donor to her political campaigns or to her philanthropic endeavors, the kind of treatment that ordinary Americans would not have.”

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/11/clinton-foundation-donors-got-state-dept-access/
  • Options
    ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos apologized on Thursday for not disclosing a potential conflict of interest while covering the presidential race.

In recent years, Stephanopoulos gave $50,000 to the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation, according to Politico. He did not disclose that fact while grilling the author of a book accusing the foundation of corruption.
  • Options
    Candy from a baby!
    Why Is an Israeli-American Billionaire Pouring Millions into the Clinton Foundation?
    Weeks after Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, the State Department objected to a proposed consultancy arrangement offered to Bill Clinton by media mogul Haim Saban, citing concerns about conflict of interest. Nevertheless, public records show that Saban’s nonprofit gave millions to the Clinton Foundation throughout Hillary Clinton’s tenure. Saban, a billionaire best known for creating Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, has dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship and has spent heavily to support Israel. “His greatest concern, he says, is to protect Israel, by strengthening the United States-Israel relationship,” The New Yorker noted in a 2010 profile of Saban. At a conference in Israel, the article said, Saban had outlined three methods for influencing American politics: “make donations to political parties, establish think tanks, and control media outlets.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418181/why-israeli-american-billionaire-pouring-millions-clinton-foundation-jillian-kay
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    JC29856 said:

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Well I'm glad you posted this because it inadvertently answers the question from the earlier post. According to last correction in the article:

An article on Friday about contributions to the Clinton Foundation from people associated with a Canadian uranium-mining company described incorrectly the foundation’s agreement with the Obama administration regarding foreign-government donations while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state. Under the agreement, the foundation would not accept new donations from foreign governments, though it could seek State Department waivers in specific cases. The foundation was not barred from accepting all foreign-government donations.

Second, the very next paragraph in the article, after your quote, does not argue with the statement about the lack of any evidence of quid pro quo:

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

In a statement, Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign, said no one “has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation.” He emphasized that multiple United States agencies, as well as the Canadian government, had signed off on the deal and that, in general, such matters were handled at a level below the secretary. “To suggest the State Department, under then-Secretary Clinton, exerted undue influence in the U.S. government’s review of the sale of Uranium One is utterly baseless,” he added.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    said no one “has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation.” = "no one has ever produced a contribution form in black and white that states in English, I'm only making this $1M contribution because as sec of state I want [insert here]" signed and dated by the donor and Hillary R Clinton
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

said no one “has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation.” = "no one has ever produced a contribution form in black and white that states in English, I'm only making this $1M contribution because as sec of state I want [insert here]" signed and dated by the donor and Hillary R Clinton

And you think Republican oppo researchers, congressional investigators, etc. haven't tried to find evidence? It's not as if a confession is the burden the proof.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

And you think Republican oppo researchers, congressional investigators, etc. haven't tried to find evidence? It's not as if a confession is the burden the proof.
    What republican researchers? What congressional investigations?
    You make it seem like this is a newly formed "charity" by political nobody's.

So you think her congress buddies are going to investigate her foundation?
    You think the republicans are going to bury her now so Bernie can win the nomination and landslide whoever their nominee is? You think the republicans are going to bury her now instead of having Bernie do some if the work for them not to mention deplete her campaign funds?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

You think the republicans are going to bury her now so Bernie can win the nomination and landslide whoever their nominee is? You think the republicans are going to bury her now instead of having Bernie do some if the work for them not to mention deplete her campaign funds?
    Precisely... what Congressional Hearings? None..cuz there's nothing there. You are trying to convince someone that:

1. Hillary has only friends on the Hill after 7 Benghazi investigations? You think these were sham investigations by her GOP buddies?

2. They are investigating the hell out of emails now. You think this nouveau Iran Contra type accusation is the real bombshell in the group, and you've got the intel but the GOP is just lying in wait?

3. That the GOP is actually waiting for Bernie to spring it? Bernie who doesn't have subpoena power but the GOP House and Senate do.. they are waiting for Bernie to spring into action? Since he is just about in an insurmountable delegate deficit, don't you think it's time for him to do it?

Is it possible that this is the GOPs "October Surprise"? I suppose, but considering how aggressive they have gone after her on Benghazi and email, I find it curious that this is the big one for them.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Hillary is a liar, a hag, and a crony capitalist that can't even keep her husband in her own bed.
  • Options
    Shame on Hillary
  • Options

Hillary is a liar, a hag, and a crony capitalist that can't even keep her husband in her own bed.

Such a idiotic comment. Trump can't keep himself in his wife's bed. What happened to personal responsibility? Hilarious that Trump supporters try to hang Bill's infidelities around Hillary when he clearly cheated on Ivana at a minimum and probably Marla. And he bragged about sleeping with married women. I can't wait until they try that shit again in the general. He is a POS and a draft dodger. But you know that already.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Such a idiotic comment. Trump can't keep himself in his wife's bed. What happened to personal responsibility? Hilarious that Trump supporters try to hang Bill's infidelities around Hillary when he clearly cheated on Ivana at a minimum and probably Marla. And he bragged about sleeping with married women. I can't wait until they try that shit again in the general. He is a POS and a draft dodger. But you know that already.
    It is not an idiotic comment.
    She will not be the next POTUS because she will forever be dogged with press questions about infidelity.
    Imagine Hillary addressing muslims?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

She will not be the next POTUS because she will forever be dogged with press questions about infidelity.
    She didn't cheat on her husband. Trump cheated on his wives. Democrats naturally attract 53-55% of women voters. Do you really think attacking Hillary by blaming her for Bill's infidelities is going to attract the 62% of women voters necessary for Trump to win the election? Basically, you are saying that this line of attack is going to turn a natural 5% deficit into a 12% positive. I'm sorry, that's fantasy land. It is an idiotic comment because it's a politically untenable attack for Trump to take.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

She didn't cheat on her husband. Trump cheated on his wives. Democrats naturally attract 53-55% of women voters. Do you really think attacking Hillary by blaming her for Bill's infidelities is going to attract the 62% of women voters necessary for Trump to win the election? Basically, you are saying that this line of attack is going to turn a natural 5% deficit into a 12% positive. I'm sorry, that's fantasy land. It is an idiotic comment because it's a politically untenable attack for Trump to take.
    The world we live in for now is that women are unequal.
    Give or take.
    On the political spectrum it is ok for a male to cheat.
    Kind of like other countries we know.....
    At this time she has this huge shadow of sex stuff attached.
    Doesn't appeal to men,
    Certainly doesn't appeal to faithful people.
    She is dogged.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Give or take.
    Doesn't appeal to men,
    She is dogged.
    So you are saying that she will reverse the trend of Dems winning the women vote by 5 points, due to Bill's infidelities. And that flight of voters will be to Trump, who women will respect more even though he is a cheater himself. That's what you are saying? You understand other countries don't vote for our POTUS, right?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    I am saying that if she gets in she will be dogged by the press constantly about bills infidelity.
    It will overshadow everything she wants to accomplish - kind of like now, she is known as the wife of a cheating husband in the political spectrum.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

I am saying that if she gets in she will be dogged by the press constantly about bills infidelity.
    It will overshadow everything she wants to accomplish - kind of like now, she is known as the wife of a cheating husband in the political spectrum.

Okay, fair enough. I thought you were arguing she would lose the election. But I still disagree. She's been a Senator and Sec'y of State and has been running for president for two years. I really don't think the press will harp on something excruciatingly covered 15+ years ago. And I think HIllary has a much bigger identity than 'cheater's wife'.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    In the political spectrum she is shining.
    But her reflection will always be that bill wife woman at every point (read press questions about lewinsky)
    The press will re-cover everything once fresh meat is in the whitehouse.
  • Options

In the political spectrum she is shining.
    But her reflection will always be that bill wife woman at every point (read press questions about lewinsky)
    The press will re-cover everything once fresh meat is in the whitehouse.

Fine, but who cares? I really don't think it's going to inhibit her from doing her job. It's not like Rose Garden press conference will be filled with question about Paula Jones circa 1988.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Give or take.
    Doesn't appeal to men,
    She is dogged.
    So you are saying that she will reverse the trend of Dems winning the women vote by 5 points, due to Bill's infidelities. And that flight of voters will be to Trump, who women will respect more even though he is a cheater himself. That's what you are saying? You understand other countries don't vote for our POTUS, right?
    And to answer this.
    Yes, but your country as a superpower :smiley: dictates world policy.
    So the rest of the world hopes to fucking jebus you guys get it right.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

97% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. Nice numbers Ace!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Okay, fair enough. I thought you were arguing she would lose the election. But I still disagree. She's been a Senator and Sec'y of State and has been running for president for two years. I really don't think the press will harp on something excruciatingly covered 15+ years ago. And I think HIllary has a much bigger identity than 'cheater's wife'.
    True,
    Elitist, hag, crony capitalist, liar.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

97% of all statistics are made up, on the spot. Nice numbers Ace!
    Educate yourself a little bit please. I'm tired of you embarrassing yourself on these boards. It will also help you be prepared for Trump's general election loss. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Precisely... what Congressional Hearings? None..cuz there's nothing there. You are trying to convince someone that:

1. Hillary has only friends on the Hill after 7 Benghazi investigations? You think these were sham investigations by her GOP buddies?

2. They are investigating the hell out of emails now. You think this nouveau Iran Contra type accusation is the real bombshell in the group, and you've got the intel but the GOP is just lying in wait?

3. That the GOP is actually waiting for Bernie to spring it? Bernie who doesn't have subpoena power but the GOP House and Senate do.. they are waiting for Bernie to spring into action? Since he is just about in an insurmountable delegate deficit, don't you think it's time for him to do it?

Is it possible that this is the GOPs "October Surprise"? I suppose, but considering how aggressive they have gone after her on Benghazi and email, I find it curious that this is the big one for them.
    You're trying to convince yourself that congressional hearings and investigations are something more than grandstanding dog and pony shit show circle jerks.
    Do yourself a favor and look up the # of and hours of congressional investigations and hearings and compare it to the # punishments hanged down from.
  • Options
    Tuh,
    Get over being tired about me. It appears you have much to do worrying about Making America Great Again!
    Please do your best to contribute to our GDP please.

• Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMMcqHYqDI
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

You're trying to convince yourself that congressional hearings and investigations are something more than grandstanding dog and pony shit show circle jerks.
    Do yourself a favor and look up the # of and hours of congressional investigations and hearings and compare it to the # punishments hanged down from.
    Precisely. They are grandstanding with no real consequences, therefore the bar to conduct hearings is pretty damn low. If there was a show to be had on the issue, the GOP would have put one up already.
  • Options

Tuh,
    Get over being tired about me. It appears you have much to do worrying about Making America Great Again!
    Please do your best to contribute to our GDP please.

You are right, my tolerance for trolling and general douchebaggery is too low.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

Nobody cares about that anymore. You think she could have gotten to this stage if that was an issue?

• Options
    Federal law designates the secretary of state as “responsible for the continuous supervision and general direction of sales” of arms, military hardware and services to foreign countries. In practice, that meant that Clinton was charged with rejecting or approving weapons deals — and when it came to Clinton Foundation donors, Hillary Clinton’s State Department did a whole lot of approving.
This discussion has been closed.