Options

Not even a mention of 9/11 !

Pretty telling that not one post or thread yesterday took time to reflect on the tragedy of 9/11 and the lives lost.
Lots of guns,Iran,Stupid Republicans and Refugee threads.But we can't even come together for a shout out to those who were our brothers and sisters who lost lives that day.At least not on here.Sad stuff.

I remember.And my heart and thoughts still go out to the families affected still.

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,204
    rr165892 said:

Pretty telling that not one post or thread yesterday took time to reflect on the tragedy of 9/11 and the lives lost.
    Lots of guns,Iran,Stupid Republicans and Refugee threads.But we can't even come together for a shout out to those who were our brothers and sisters who lost lives that day.At least not on here.Sad stuff.

I remember.And my heart and thoughts still go out to the families affected still.

where have you been the last 14 years?

we have talked about it to death on here. just do a thread search.

personally, i stayed away from here and stayed silent on social media out of respect for those who died that day.

some of us have our own motivations for what we discuss and what we stay silent on.

sorry to have disappointed you. maybe if you started a thread about it yesterday people might have talked about it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    RR liking your feisty ness this am.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Just because it wasn't discussed here doesn't mean that some of us didn't have a private discussion about it.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    USA USA USA.

I kid RR. Did think of it and reflected.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Cal,
    Yeah I'm all piss and Vinegar today.Surprising since I'm in a good mood.

I better check myself tonight when out enjoying the South Florida nightlife,could be trouble,lol
  • Options

rr165892 said:

where have you been the last 14 years?

we have talked about it to death on here. just do a thread search.

personally, i stayed away from here and stayed silent on social media out of respect for those who died that day.

some of us have our own motivations for what we discuss and what we stay silent on.

sorry to have disappointed you. maybe if you started a thread about it yesterday people might have talked about it.
    Been here gimme,reading the same repetitive Schtick daily.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I agree rr. I did not want to start a thread, but thought the same thing. I watched the same shows on the history channel and discovery. And I still get as angry today as I did all those years ago. And every year, the part that vets me the angriest is when the fireman start talking about the loud thuds they were hearing as they were walking into the lobbies of the buildings. Knowing those people had to do that just makes me sick to my stomach, 14 years later.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 said:

Cal,
    Yeah I'm all piss and Vinegar today.Surprising since I'm in a good mood.

I better check myself tonight when out enjoying the South Florida nightlife,could be trouble,lol

Love whenever an opportunity to use the piss-and-vinegar term arises.

Thursday evening we watched a documentary about 9/11 but an hour into it, needed some levity in its stead (so easy for us to just change the channel). Definitely has been in / on our minds in many ways. Did some smiling too in the midst of it

Keep your good mood going, bud :)
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Fuckin A!!! I couldn't agree w/ you more RR. I also watched a lot of the Doc's yesterday last-12 that made me so fucking angry on how soft we have become as a country over the years, especially the last 6.5... I will never ever forget and called a few of my close Vet and active duty friends yesterday to say Thank You and catch up on stuff… All are concerned about stuff going on in Europe…. How many of these "refugees" you think are ISIS? Their answer…WAY TOO FUCKING MANY
  • Options
    Glad I'm not alone here.Cheers
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    muskydan said:

Fuckin A!!! I couldn't agree w/ you more RR. I also watched a lot of the Doc's yesterday last-12 that made me so fucking angry on how soft we have become as a country over the years, especially the last 6.5... I will never ever forget and called a few of my close Vet and active duty friends yesterday to say Thank You and catch up on stuff… All are concerned about stuff going on in Europe…. How many of these "refugees" you think are ISIS? Their answer…WAY TOO FUCKING MANY

Then why didn't you just make a thread yourself? Fucken A, that wouldn't have been that hard.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,696
    So you made this thread whining about it instead of starting a thread that you wished was here. :confused:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So you made this thread whining about it instead of starting a thread that you wished was here. :confused:

A.PJ I don't whine,I complain.Big difference
    B.in the tradition of Seinfeld may I add this is the thread,about the thread
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,817
    Most people I ran into on Friday (the 11th) seemed a bit despondent like there was something they didn't want to talk about. Most people just don't like to think about it. I'm not all that surprised that there were no threads about it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,979
    PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. Instead of starting a new thread on a pj message board I taught 9/11 to 100 8th graders. Some crazy stories out there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,817
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. Instead of starting a new thread on a pj message board I taught 9/11 to 100 8th graders. Some crazy stories out there.
    I'm always a bit fascinated and confused by the conspiracy theories. They're often very convincing but so are the rebuttals.

Maybe you know, did they ever manage to put together another Hellen Keller archives? I know there was talk about hoping people would come through with items, ephemera, and so forth that are still out there in order to put something together. Bummer that the main archives was lost (along with all the rest of course).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited September 2015
    rr165892 said:

Where was your thread yesterday? I would love to read it.

Since it's being brought up, can we discuss how no other steel building in history has ever collapsed due to fire?

How about how building seven fell into a nice little pile in the same way a controlled demolition does? How about the fact that no plane hit building seven. How did fires start?

I'm open for any of these discussions
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm always a bit fascinated and confused by the conspiracy theories. They're often very convincing but so are the rebuttals.

Maybe you know, did they ever manage to put together another Hellen Keller archives? I know there was talk about hoping people would come through with items, ephemera, and so forth that are still out there in order to put something together. Bummer that the main archives was lost (along with all the rest of course).
    sorry bri i didn't explain myself to well on that one...my students had some crazy personal stories. one student's grandmother lost her leg in the pentagon attack. another student's mom worked on the 100th floor of the south tower...she missed work that day to get a sonogram to make sure her baby was ok (which in turn was the kid telling me the story). one student was named after a firefighter who died. etc etc.
  • Options

rr165892 said:

Since it's being brought up, can we discuss how no other steel building in history has ever collapsed due to fire?

How about how building seven fell into a nice little pile in the same way a controlled demolition does? How about the fact that no plane hit building seven. How did fires start?

What other 2 buildings have ever been hit by a 747.at 500 mph in the top floors? How should the buildings have fallen? Kind of hard to compare those buildings collapsing when it's never happened before. Those buildings fell how they should have fallen given the damage. All of your conspiracy theories have been proven wrong a long time ago.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,581

rr165892 said:

What other 2 buildings have ever been hit by a 747.at 500 mph in the top floors? How should the buildings have fallen? Kind of hard to compare those buildings collapsing when it's never happened before. Those buildings fell how they should have fallen given the damage. All of your conspiracy theories have been proven wrong a long time ago.
    You are absolutely correct on all points.

What these conspiracy theorists never do is come up with a reason WHY.

They are happy to say "the government did it" but never have a reason why.

Maybe at the conspiracy theorist convention in 1740 they forgot that part of the program.
  • Options
    Why you ask? Isn't it obvious? Bush and Cheney wanted war. It's about money. That's always the answer.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

sorry bri i didn't explain myself to well on that one...my students had some crazy personal stories. one student's grandmother lost her leg in the pentagon attack. another student's mom worked on the 100th floor of the south tower...she missed work that day to get a sonogram to make sure her baby was ok (which in turn was the kid telling me the story). one student was named after a firefighter who died. etc etc.

Very powerful.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I was happy to see Phoenix got Marine Week this year but couldn't go for the ceremonies on 9/11. They were doing a wreath laying for all the Marines that lost their lives after that daydue to the war on terror. I don't know how other service members felt that had already left the military but I was ready to go back into the Marines that day. The only thing that stopped me was my wife crying as our first child was just born a month before. The whole reason I didn't re-up in the first place was over my daughter. To this day I am glad I didn't re-enlist but at the same time it will always be a massive regret that I wasn't fighting with my brothers.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I thought a lot about it all day on Friday, just remembering. I don't think the lack of a thread says anything about it being ignored or forgotten. I wasn't on the board that day because I had jury duty, of all things. At lunch time I walked around and saw all the flags at half staff. It was sad but moving. Such a horrible day and seems hard to believe it's been 14 years.

Last year I finally watched the movie United 93. If you've never seen it, it's very powerful. No big name actors. The pilots and flight attendants are played by real pilots and flight attendants. Same for the air traffic controllers. A few individuals portray themselves. When the plane takes off, the events of the hijacking happen in real time. It will make you cry but you'll also see a group of people who decided they'd fight back the only way they could.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

I was happy to see Phoenix got Marine Week this year but couldn't go for the ceremonies on 9/11. They were doing a wreath laying for all the Marines that lost their lives after that daydue to the war on terror. I don't know how other service members felt that had already left the military but I was ready to go back into the Marines that day. The only thing that stopped me was my wife crying as our first child was just born a month before. The whole reason I didn't re-up in the first place was over my daughter. To this day I am glad I didn't re-enlist but at the same time it will always be a massive regret that I wasn't fighting with my brothers.

My brother-in-law had retired from the Air Force the year before. I called him that evening to let him know that I hoped he understood but I was so grateful that he'd retired and wouldn't be going to the war that I knew would be happening. He told me that it was hard for him, that the Air Force was his life for 25 years and this was the kind of thing you were always training and preparing for, and that he wanted to be part of it but he recognized that his time had passed and it would not be his fight. He also understood that I only wanted him to be safe.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

I thought a lot about it all day on Friday, just remembering. I don't think the lack of a thread says anything about it being ignored or forgotten. I wasn't on the board that day because I had jury duty, of all things. At lunch time I walked around and saw all the flags at half staff. It was sad but moving. Such a horrible day and seems hard to believe it's been 14 years.

Last year I finally watched the movie United 93. If you've never seen it, it's very powerful. No big name actors. The pilots and flight attendants are played by real pilots and flight attendants. Same for the air traffic controllers. A few individuals portray themselves. When the plane takes off, the events of the hijacking happen in real time. It will make you cry but you'll also see a group of people who decided they'd fight back the only way they could.

Who P, I've seen it and cried too. If ever faced with something even a fraction of that, I hope I can be as courageous and have such presence of mind.

As to rr and the initial post and some replies...he's a good guy (understatement) and pretty sure this came from a decent if not emotional place.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Who P, I've seen it and cried too. If ever faced with something even a fraction of that, I hope I can be as courageous and have such presence of mind.

As to rr and the initial post and some replies...he's a good guy (understatement) and pretty sure this came from a decent if not emotional place.
    I don't think I m ready to watch that movie. Maybe in a few years but not yet.
  • Options

rr165892 said:

I was talking about building seven only. No plane hit building seven. Where did I mention buildings 1-2? I didn't.

And to answer your "who" it was already answered above me, but it was the cia and government. There is so much evidence out there, I won't go into everything. Larry Silverstein tried and was denied a permit to destroy the wtc. The reason why is because to demolish those buildings it would cause significant structural damage to buildings in the surround area. They wanted to demolish them because the steel was crodeing in the same way the Statue of Liberty does. Remember the renovation about a decade ago?

The government needed a "Pearl harbor style attack" for the "American people to accept a war in Iraq and Afghanistan" this was written in the "project for a new American century" written and distributed before 9/11. The government clearly said, they needed this. Much like the false flag attacks in the gulf of Tonkin to have the American public accept our entry into World War Two. This is open to the public and declassified information (gulf of Tonkin) so it is not unheard of for our government to run false flag operations on our own people.

When 9/11 happened, the entire world was up in arms. The entire "USA" was collectively saying to "bomb those towel beads back into the Stone Age" and the year of 2002 featured the patriots winning the super bowl, U2 giving a performance with all the victims name and huge American flag in the background. Wrestle mania in 2002 was full of American flags and USA chants. Hell, they broadcast the war for the world to see (albeit in the middle of the night)

I didn't speak on buildings 1-2. But isn't it odd how building seven fell in the exact same fashion as 1-2? That's because controlled demolition brought down ALL THREE buildings.
    Those charges weren't set that day. Meaning it was totally planned and staged.

What other steel buildings have fallen due to fire only? None. Except building seven.

I will not debate this further. In 50 years yhe history and truth will reflect what really happened. But as of now the American public would never think it's precious government would harm them.

This is the same government who sprayed mustard gas on the public as an experiment in 1987 (in the ny city subways) it's also the same government who tried to blow up the wtc in 1993 but only failed because the cia hired a mentally handicapped person (who makes a great patsy btw, same thing hitler did when the rightstag was burned) who parked the van with the explosives next to the wrong Collums in the basement. This info is also declassified and there is sworn documents from court where agents speak about hiring this person who detonated the bomb. It's all out there to read and learn for yourself.

But let's just continue to be naive. Ignorance is bliss right? If you choose to believe a nearly 100 story building just collapsed all by itself due to a fire on a few floors (only!) then you can continue doing so. But once I looked into it for myself I saw the truth. Hopefully you guys can too. Jesus would want us to wake others up the corruption right here in our homeland.
  • Options
    So building 7 wasn't pummeled with huge chunks of metal and concrete from the two plane impacts?
  • Options
    No, Last-12. There can't be logical explanations.