Being frugal VS. Being cheap

124»

Comments

• RKCNDY said:

you get the mini tubes at the dentist? I only get a container of floss...I have to ask for a toothbrush-that I use to clean around the house because I use an electric brush.

Yeah, we get floss, tooth paste of our choice and a brush :) We use the brushes for travelling, we also have electric ones.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    love those battery powered toothbrushes

a friend of mine duct tapes his left boot once the gear shifter wears a hole through
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

When it's given you it's last shot and recoils to look like this it's time for a nice new solid one.

I'm pretty sure there's a dick joke somewhere in there.

Frugality rocks. Common sense will weigh effort vs. ultimate cost.

Leeze, us too!
  • hedonist said:

When it's given you it's last shot and recoils to look like this it's time for a nice new solid one.

I'm pretty sure there's a dick joke somewhere in there.

:who_me: I would never post cryptically.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

Ident? Leeze?

Are both of you BIG in to the coupons?
    My wife is. She's not completely insane when it comes to the coupons, but she is getting there...Hahaha

Naw I don't really get down with coupons. I do love an online coupon code though. But like for the grocery store? Not really. I remember when I was small my mom had a wallet for coupons. It's not like I refuse to use them, but I don't buy newspapers so I only get the ones that spit out with the receipt, which I will use if I am gonna buy the item anyway.

Speaking of receipt coupons, how much does everyone hate CVS for those mile long recipes?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    edited December 2015
    ldent42 said:

Ident? Leeze?

Are both of you BIG in to the coupons?
    My wife is. She's not completely insane when it comes to the coupons, but she is getting there...Hahaha

Naw I don't really get down with coupons. I do love an online coupon code though. But like for the grocery store? Not really. I remember when I was small my mom had a wallet for coupons. It's not like I refuse to use them, but I don't buy newspapers so I only get the ones that spit out with the receipt, which I will use if I am gonna buy the item anyway.

Speaking of receipt coupons, how much does everyone hate CVS for those mile long recipes?
    we have not been infiltrated with CVS...yet.

they are proposing to tear down a farmer's market and antique furniture store to build one...when there are already 5 other pharmacies within a half mile radius of the proposed site.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • CVS is still better than Walgreens in my book.
  • CVS is still better than Walgreens in my book.

+1

But those looooong receipts are kinda ridiculous.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I don't have a walgreens. I dunno how far half a mile is. But there's a pharmacy on practically every block in my hood. It's insane.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    It takes me 5 minutes to walk a half a mile. There are no walgreens included in the 5 pharmacies (the walgrens is a mile away)...I just think it's ridiculous to put 2 local small stores out of business due to corporate greed.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

I also have never cut a toothpaste open to get the last bit out. We actually always keep the mini packages we get from the dentist for hard times :lol:

Lol, I do that too. My emergency toothpaste stash. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    we just received a christmas present shipped "media mail." not one damn thing in the box qualified as "media" but I say way to go.

those post office receipts are super long, as well.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    It never fucking ends.
    I swear to GOD it never fucking ends.

Some people are just so fucking CHEAP, and PATHETIC at the same time.

Grow up and act like a fucking adult.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    OK, Speedy--details, please. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    See I keep thinking this thread is here to question whether Rob's yogurt "shelf life" is just cheap or whether he is being frugal.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    edited May 2016
    Ok. I'm frugal...not cheap. Total couponer! I have to work at it and when I don't I notice my grocery bills are way higher. Example today I picked up my summer stash of sun lotion. Total retail was 58.95 but I paid 17.50. Not bad I don't think. 40 plus bucks for something else.
    imagephoto 2016-05-27 15.51.08_zps3clfggs0.jpg" />
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!