Being frugal VS. Being cheap

I understand being frugal. I understand if people are cautious with their money.
But I tell you, nothing drives me more crazy, than someone who is just flat out CHEAP!
People who have every damn dime they have ever earned, yet cry poor? They make me nuts!!!
Open up your damn wallet, and let the moths out.

End of rant. For now.
Hahahaha
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Uh oh.... there must be a story behind this rant.
    ELITIST FUK
  • SD48277 said:

There is ALWAYS a story. Ha

It just makes me crazy when people cry poor.
    When you know damned well, they are stuffing their mattress, with every damned dime they have ever made.
    Is this an old/older person or someone relatively young?
    ELITIST FUK
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so you've met my brother :tongue:
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Speedy's trying to flip some Ten records on eBay, and these pricks from Lost Dogs keep lowballing him (http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/246427/ridiculous-ten-lp-deluxe-edition-ebay-listing/p1).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm said:

so you've met my brother :tongue:

whoa...who's the new guy? ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • If you can afford to travel to Europe.
    Don't tell me you cant afford a bologna sandwich.
    I don't want to hear it.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

If you can afford to travel to Europe.
    I don't want to hear it.

Maybe it was a fried bologna sandwich (my pop's specialty), and the pennypincher is just trying to keep the utility bill low. You ever think of that?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:

I don't want to hear it.

Maybe it was a fried bologna sandwich (my pop's specialty), and the pennypincher is just trying to keep the utility bill low. You ever think of that?
    Fried bologna on toast with butter.
    I have said here, for the last 13 years.

The GREATEST sandwich known to man!

if you're talking about what I think you're talking about...ooooohhh boy, I have a story for you!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Story? I want to hear a good story....
    ELITIST FUK
  • Once upon a time, In a land far, far away.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756

SD48277 said:

When you know damned well, they are stuffing their mattress, with every damned dime they have ever made.
    that must be a very uncomfortable mattress at this point.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

SD48277 said:

that must be a very uncomfortable mattress at this point.
    heavy too...

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

dankind said:

I don't want to hear it.

Not my thing but my husband LOVES it. Throwback to his childhood/bachelor days and if he wants one, it's on him to make it (stinks up the joint though)

As to the cheap/frugal thing, aside from it being a passing irritation, if it doesn't affect me, I say let them have at it. Some strange reasoning to bemoan shit in their head but at least it ain't in mine!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited September 2015
    All I'ma say is people's circumstances can drastically change surprisingly fast.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited September 2015
    Maybe the person's parents paid for their Europe trip because they wanted to have them there for Mom's birthday. Happens, happened to me.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I'm confused. :confused:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I am too, now. This wasn't about Leeze, was it?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

dankind said:

I don't want to hear it.

false.
    www.myspace.com
  • I don't think so. I hope not. I never mentioned a baloney sammich anywhere :lol: I just added that because we can never know why someone can or cannot afford something. And I guess I felt a bit of shame about my rant earlier this week when it looked like the mug set mistakenly showed it was only available to analog members and I said we're too poor to afford two analog memberships :blush:
  • Here I was wondering if you even liked baloney sandwiches. :wink::lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I cannot stand cheap people!! Like Speedy said, being frugal and smart with your money is always a good idea....but cheap bastards drive me nuts.
    Two examples I ran into this week alone.
    Dude I know I went to college with. He's a successful lawyer, his wife is a pharmacist. Both making 6-figures. Friends and I from college meet up every year for a college reunion of sorts. Hang out in college town, drink, tailgate, go to the game....good times. Every damn year, this guy cheaps it up the whole time. Each of us will buy rounds...he always disappears when it's his turn. It's like pulling teeth to get him to buy a round. Last time I opened a tab at a bar, told everyone first round is on me and bought a round of shots. I later find out he kept ordering beers on my tab. Not the end of the world but he goes..."Oh, sorry man, I thought you had the tab open for everyone". Really?!? We'll get a couple of hotel rooms in advance and at that time he's always "well, I'll just go home or crash elsewhere". 90% of the time he'll ask to crash in one of our rooms at the end of the night. I've called him out in this and it's such a waste of time. This week he calls up and tells me he and his wife are going to be in town for a couple days. Asks me if they can stay with me. First of all, we're not THAT close and it's only to save a fn buck. Pretty sure he wouldn't pay for food or drink if he did stay here either. Him and his wife bring in at least $225k a year. Cheap bastard!
    Met another friend for HH last night. Guy makes good money too. He's the type that will order a a bunch of crap, a bunch of drinks, when I have 2 beers and will want to split it. Or I'll get it the bill, say "you get it next time" and he won't...and has never. We used to go to the bar and watch football. We'd be there for like 3-4 hours..order a bunch of stuff, if I had one more beer, he'll let the waitress know to split the check with that extra beer on my tab. So we're there for 3-4 hours, we'll each have a $50 bill. He'll seriously leave like $1 for a tip. I'll leave extra money to cover for his cheap ass. I mean the waitress slaved over us for 4 hours....
    Fuck...maybe I just need new friends.
  • Mca..
    That scenario makes me nuts.
    The whole disappear when it is your round scenario.
    Been there done that.
    Thankfully the few guys I drink with are all just the opposite.
    We get in the bar, and spend money like we are filthy rich!!! hahaha
    And if one guy is short? Its no big deal. We all cover him, knowing damned well he will reciprocate next time.
  • hedonist said:

I am too, now. This wasn't about Leeze, was it?

Hahahaha!!

No it was not.

Its about a cheap friend of mine, who makes me nuts!

Mca..
    That scenario makes me nuts.
    The whole disappear when it is your round scenario.
    Been there done that.
    Thankfully the few guys I drink with are all just the opposite.
    We get in the bar, and spend money like we are filthy rich!!! hahaha
    And if one guy is short? Its no big deal. We all cover him, knowing damned well he will reciprocate next time.

Yep, most of my friends are like that, but those two I mentioned before....good guys...just cheap fn bastards. Ha
  • Not the same thing exactly, but it makes me think of pot luck parties or going away celebrations at work. The same people that don't bring anything in, or never chip in, are always the first one to show up and fill their plate till its over flowing. Have you no shame???

Not the same thing exactly, but it makes me think of pot luck parties or going away celebrations at work. The same people that don't bring anything in, or never chip in, are always the first one to show up and fill their plate till its over flowing. Have you no shame???

People suck!
  • Without getting into the whole how much to tip, blah, blah, blah.
    Those people that can go out for a meal/drinks at a pub and have no problem running up an enormous drink tab but won't even tip as much as the cost of another beer.
    But if they had more time they would have stayed for another and another.
    Cheap
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I dunno man. You have no idea what other people finances are like. You could be making good money but especial for people with advanced education you don't know what kind of crazy debt they may have. You don't know if they're supporting a parent or relative who can't support themself.

Cheap assholes buying beers on your tab are just assholes. If you're broke then stay home. But it's not really okay to be judging people like that.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435