Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• Options
    moejilesmoejiles Posts: 70
    scurtis said:

Zod said:

I'm still holding off to see if Amazon Canada puts the two mad season records up. I'd save a mint if they do :)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but have been burned so many times with them on pre-orders didn't want to risk it.

Would probably save about $60 CAD though.
    I got burned on my Amazon.ca preorder of Music For Film - I ordered it on the first day available for pre order ( thinking I'd save on shipping) - waited months and months only for Amazon to finally tell me "the Item you ordered is no longer available".
    Didn't make that mistake this time.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,232
    edited July 2015
    moejiles said:

scurtis said:

Zod said:

I'm still holding off to see if Amazon Canada puts the two mad season records up. I'd save a mint if they do :)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but have been burned so many times with them on pre-orders didn't want to risk it.

Would probably save about $60 CAD though.
    I got burned on my Amazon.ca preorder of Music For Film - I ordered it on the first day available for pre order ( thinking I'd save on shipping) - waited months and months only for Amazon to finally tell me "the Item you ordered is no longer available".
    Didn't make that mistake this time.
    I don't think you can rate Amazon solely based on their inability to obtain copies of an insanely limited record. How many online sites posted that one, only to end up receive 1 or 2 copies. The Mad Season records don't seem very limited. I don't see a reason they wouldn't get filled. Sure Amazon (like other websites) can suck if something is extremely limited nature. It's pretty good for standard releases.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    But we still don't know if this is really retail right? Strange that Santos is so quiet. Does that say something?
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,900
    Lots of unanswered questions swirling about, but I just went ahead and bought it through 10c. They've treated me well and fixed any mistakes. Am I going to be bummed I bought it? No damn way. So, why even wait?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

Lots of unanswered questions swirling about, but I just went ahead and bought it through 10c. They've treated me well and fixed any mistakes. Am I going to be bummed I bought it? No damn way. So, why even wait?

Shipping costs to The Netherlands with the custom charge I always get ;).
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Amazon US has the CD for $11.99: http://amzn.to/1RwY2V3
    and the vinyl for $29.99: http://amzn.to/1UZj6mh
    Of course they don't charge until they ship and they might lower the price before then but they probably charge tax.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,900
    Gone from the 10c site. Special color?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    silvosilvo Posts: 290

Or signed by Mr McCready?? ;)
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Sold out?!? The mystery deepens...
  • Options
    RASTA MOUSERASTA MOUSE Posts: 278
    missed out, I was waiting for payday tomorrow as it didn't mention ltd qty
  • Options
    RASTA MOUSERASTA MOUSE Posts: 278
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    Back up in the 10c store also
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    This could go either way so I figure the $8.99 in shipping is worth securing a copy in case it is only Ten Club. I called a few very dependable local records stores and neither have it in their database or on order.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Went ahead and bit the bullet. Not taking the chance of it disappearing from the shop again!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2015
    Why the hell would you end a presale without telling us when it will end?

Santos, when does the presale end? Or at least give me a sign I need to order this asap?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I don't think the presale intentionally ended at all. I think it was nothing more than a 10c SNAFU.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    This article says a dvd is coming too -? I hope they're right.
    http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-07-15/mad-season-reunion-show-set-for-release
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    my2hands said:

Why the hell would you end a presale without telling us when it will end?

Santos, when does the presale end? Or at least give me a sign I need to order this asap?

I think that if you want it, you should just order it. Why take the chance of the preorder ending, honestly.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-07-15/mad-season-reunion-show-set-for-release

I hope so too. Wish it also said Blu-ray too.

Why are folks still using the DVD format for new releases and not offering Blu-ray? Get with the times already. :p

• Options
    Bissy77Bissy77 Minnesota Posts: 445
    Not sure if this has been asked. But does anyone know if the Vinyl comes with a download code?
    MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,232
    demetrios said:

I hope so too. Wish it also said Blu-ray too.

Why are folks still using the DVD format for new releases and not offering Blu-ray? Get with the times already. :p

Seems to be a trend. I was dissapointed they didn't put out a bluray version of the cd/dvd boxset that included Live at the Moore. There's an HD version of it around that aired on TV and it looks pretty good. It's pretty rare for classic shows to have be filmed on film (opposed to videotape). It's rare opportunity when they are. It seems Live at the Moore was recorded on film as it's available in HD. A bluray release would of been awesome. The same goes for imagine in cornice, or PJ's 1992 Moore show (where lots of highlights appeared to be in HD). I'd like to see Bluray (and HD) get a little love.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Sooo....slightly confused here:

If I can get a better price elsewhere, there's no guarantee either of these Mad Season sets will be available?

I can get discounts on gas if I buy via Amazon, sooooo.... (Buying both from Amazon and 10C shop isn't an option.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,587
    edited July 2015

Sooo....slightly confused here:

If I can get a better price elsewhere, there's no guarantee either of these Mad Season sets will be available?

I can get discounts on gas if I buy via Amazon, sooooo.... (Buying both from Amazon and 10C shop isn't an option.)

I think we're guaranteed that the Moore theatre one will be available all over the place. But no one has confirmed that the Seattle Symphony one is retail, so I'd be a bit nervous about not ordering from 10C. Amazon posts stuff that is 10C exclusive all the time, and then pulls it (they even accept pre-sales, and then back out months later). Unless you find 100% guaranteed word that it's a retail item, I'd order from 10C and risk the irritation of finding out you could have got it for less elsewhere.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    ^^ This is exactly why I'm waiting for the Moore Theater release since we know that one is retail on a major label. I'll be grabbing that from Amazon. But there is no confirmation that the Benaroya show is a retail release, and it is on Monkeywrench, so this is likely a 10c only release, which is why I ordered it here.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Bull Moose now has them both available for preorder
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    I can only imagine the work involved for Santos to come on and simply answer the question if this will also be retail.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    okay, is this show even worth it? I saw some video and the guest singers sans CC were nothing to get excited about. So realistically, is this a good show- Mike aside