Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    lukins fridgelukins fridge Posts: 237
    edited September 2015
    ontheroad said:

The event starts at 4 and ends at 10. so six hours of speeches and music. With Coldplay saying they will play a few songs (30 min?), ed sheeran, Beyonce and PJ get longer sets. Saw Common and Tori Kelly were just added. Here's an idea:

Coldplay 4-430
    Host/speech 430-440
    Common 440-510
    Host speech 510-520
    Tori Kelly 520-550
    Host speech 550-600
    Ed Sheeran 600-6:50
    Host Speech 650-700
    Beyonce 700-8:10
    Host Speech 8:10-8:20
    PJ 8:20-10p (with Bono for RITFW)

There are ALOT of speakers. Mashable posted this today:

The lineup includes: Malala Yousafzai, Bill and Melinda Gates, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bono, Sir Richard Branson, UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, World Bank Group President Dr Jim Yong Kim, Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg, Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, Prime Minister of Luxembourg Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Malta Joseph Muscat, U.S. Senator Chris Coons and U.S. Representative Charlie Dent.

Major business leaders will also make onstage appearances at the festival, including Gucci CEO Marco Bizzarri, H&M Conscious Foundation Acting Global Manager Maria Bystedt, Wikipedia founder and Wikia co-founder Jimmy Wales, AOL Inc. CEO Tim Armstrong, TED curator Chris Anderson and more.

There will also be onscreen video messages from world leaders like Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos and Vice President of Malawi Saulos Chilima.

And in case your inner child needs something to get excited about, Big Bird of Sesame Street will also be taking the stage.

http://mashable.com/2015/09/21/malala-leonardo-dicaprio-global-citizen-fest/#IFTAtskbqkkK

Lotta speakers
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

ontheroad said:

The event starts at 4 and ends at 10. so six hours of speeches and music. With Coldplay saying they will play a few songs (30 min?), ed sheeran, Beyonce and PJ get longer sets. Saw Common and Tori Kelly were just added. Here's an idea:

Coldplay 4-430
    Host/speech 430-440
    Common 440-510
    Host speech 510-520
    Tori Kelly 520-550
    Host speech 550-600
    Host Speech 650-700

The lineup includes: Malala Yousafzai, Bill and Melinda Gates, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bono, Sir Richard Branson, UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, World Bank Group President Dr Jim Yong Kim, Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg, Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, Prime Minister of Luxembourg Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Malta Joseph Muscat, U.S. Senator Chris Coons and U.S. Representative Charlie Dent.

Major business leaders will also make onstage appearances at the festival, including Gucci CEO Marco Bizzarri, H&M Conscious Foundation Acting Global Manager Maria Bystedt, Wikipedia founder and Wikia co-founder Jimmy Wales, AOL Inc. CEO Tim Armstrong, TED curator Chris Anderson and more.

There will also be onscreen video messages from world leaders like Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos and Vice President of Malawi Saulos Chilima.

And in case your inner child needs something to get excited about, Big Bird of Sesame Street will also be taking the stage.
    http://mashable.com/2015/09/21/malala-leonardo-dicaprio-global-citizen-fest/#IFTAtskbqkkK

Lotta speakers
    shit... now we are talking superstar

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    BIG BIRD!!!!
    Heck with music.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

Why am I starting to feel like I am attending a political rally rather than a rock concert?

Well, because it is.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    smc317smc317 New Jersey Posts: 14
    I can't imagine every guest is speaking individually. You'd have to abandon the music entirely to fit that in. I bet they'll come out in groups like 4 people talking about one issue, another 3 talking about something else. I also wouldn't be surprised if the broadcast ended at 10 but Pearl Jam was allowed to play until 11. It's a Saturday night and this is a special event that's happening once a year not just another summer concert. Allowing for an 11pm curfew wouldn't be that crazy. I'm just speculating though. Whatever we get we get, but them playing for over an hour would be really nice!
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    edited September 2015
    Kct1961 said:

what time should I show up to the show 1pm?

Really, need advice on this. Have a VIP 3 ticket but still want to be able to see as best as possible. If you have attended previously, please advise.
    I have not attended before but from the sound of everything, i would allot 1 hr to get through lines and security. VIP has its own entrance so that will help a lot, but there's still thousands of VIP tickets. Myself, included. I was hoping to get there around 3 to be able to be on the field around 4 but that's all speculation.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options

The only way Pearl jam could play a 14-15 song set in 45 mins if if they played nothing but fast songs:
    Go
    Breakerfall
    mym
    spin the black circle
    hail hail
    Fixer
    Wws
    Life wasted
    Comotose
    Severed hand
    Got some
    Gods dice
    Animal
    Last exit
    Closer: Yellow leadbetter

Most sets from headliners are 14-15 songs at GCF. No way a show likes this happens this has Zero hits. Pearl jam is not going on national TV and not playing hits. And for you guys to think for a second his preaching ass isint talking for 10+ mins you guys are crazy! That's my case for a 2 hour show. Just like Mia that show was dope.

Which they will not do. PJ is going to play a setlist focused on their greatest hits. Should be just like the Made in America set. Anyone going that expects to hear a few b-sides may have missed the memo that this not a PJ concert.
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    I'm looking for 2 extra GA tickets for a friend, if anyone has or can point me in the direction of someone who might, please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    if it says 10pm, theres no way this goes till 11pm. they have to get 60k people out of the park - theyre not goign through curfew on a charity event.

the sirius announcement of playing at 9:15 is really odd

if its live, then pj plays for 45 minutes

if its pre recorded, then pj goes on before beyonce

best case scenario is sirius picks it up mid way through pj's set but that makes little sense.

sounds like they may only get 45 mins..

there are SO MANY performers and speakers, and apparently a lot of these speecdhes run LONG..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346

ontheroad said:

Coldplay 4-430
    Host/speech 430-440
    Common 440-510
    Host speech 510-520
    Tori Kelly 520-550
    Host speech 550-600
    Host Speech 650-700

Lotta speakers
    There will be more speaking than music. Trust me.
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Heard that there are no alcohol sales during this event. (Other than VIP areas). Anyone know if this is true. I emailed GCF but haven't heard back yet.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    ogey38 said:

Heard that there are no alcohol sales during this event. (Other than VIP areas). Anyone know if this is true. I emailed GCF but haven't heard back yet.

TRUE

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 - did you see this posted somewhere?
  • Options
    Just wondering why they wouldn't post it on the tickets.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Yes, no alcohol except for VIP 1. I have heard the same from people that went in past years.
    Time for the ole flexible flask taped to the taint LOL
    http://www.hideyourbooze.com/sneakyshorts.html

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,453
    nicknyr15 said:

Where's "ontwolegs" to help calm
    Us All down about the set time!!

8:22 to 10:02.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Hey folks...sorry to use this discussion to grovel for an extra ticket....but...

Longtime 10c member here who lives within a 5 minute walk of Great Lawn and got shut out of the GA ticket giveaway. Have traveled all over the country to see this band over the past 20 years and hope I don't have to deal with missing them play in my backyard.

I'm sure it is a longshot but if anyone comes up with an extra, please reach out. Happy to exchange for a beer(s) before/after the show.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ogey38 said:

This will be my 4rth Global, there is no alcohol except VIP 1 I'm telling you true....bring in nips...2 years ago my mom came with us and we used her as a mule. She had about 20 nips hidden on her person lol.....she was good with it as long as we bought her a Dewars one :-)

Seriously I bring in nips every year.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited September 2015
    Didnt see this on MSNBC's TV schedule. Is this really being aired live?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    MSNBC is about as bad as FOX news and after the last debate, CNN is a right behind those two in a tight race for worst news outlets eva.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    on2legs said:

nicknyr15 said:

Haha. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

ogey38 said:

This will be my 4rth Global, there is no alcohol except VIP 1 I'm telling you true....bring in nips...2 years ago my mom came with us and we used her as a mule. She had about 20 nips hidden on her person lol.....she was good with it as long as we bought her a Dewars one :-)

Seriously I bring in nips every year.
    How is security is I pretty easy to get the nips in? No pat down right?

• Options
    Security is pretty lax really. Leaving I have seen empty wine bottles and fifths of liquor on the lawn. That pisses me off. Bring your shit in but be decent and put garbage where it belongs.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

Didnt see this on MSNBC's TV schedule. Is this really being aired live?

yes. I saw an ad for it today saying coverage starts at 3. is pj really headling this? someone posted earlier that they will come on around 8:20 after beyonce. is this correct?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    smc317 said:

I can't imagine every guest is speaking individually. You'd have to abandon the music entirely to fit that in. I bet they'll come out in groups like 4 people talking about one issue, another 3 talking about something else. I also wouldn't be surprised if the broadcast ended at 10 but Pearl Jam was allowed to play until 11. It's a Saturday night and this is a special event that's happening once a year not just another summer concert. Allowing for an 11pm curfew wouldn't be that crazy. I'm just speculating though. Whatever we get we get, but them playing for over an hour would be really nice!

The Park has a very strict curfew for 10 pm for the festival and a 11pm curfew in general.

Last year Jay-Z played 14 songs, when Neil Young headlined, he played 9 songs.

If anyone is thinking your getting a 2hr pj set, you might as well sell your ticket now cause it's not happening. We'll be lucky with a 90 minute set
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I will be extremely happy with a 90 minute set!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Sprunkn7 said:

I will be extremely happy with a 90 minute set!

Me too
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    on2legs said:

nicknyr15 said:

I'm starting to think your "source" is BS with these odd minute times.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options

smc317 said:

The Park has a very strict curfew for 10 pm for the festival and a 11pm curfew in general.

Last year Jay-Z played 14 songs, when Neil Young headlined, he played 9 songs.

If anyone is thinking your getting a 2hr pj set, you might as well sell your ticket now cause it's not happening. We'll be lucky with a 90 minute set
    Neil has some pretty long songs. Fuckin Up lasted a while :-) I'm sure that wasn't on MSNBC.
  • Options
    Looking for a ticket for Saturday any type can tell me last minute I'm a local. Can go alone if you have a solo ticket and will pay whatever I can!!!