Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    my2hands said:

samjam said:

my2hands said:

abbyb said:

Anyone know what time Pearl Jam will take the stage?

Do we have any idea of the schedule yet???
    The website says they aren't releasing an official schedule, however many of us speculate that PJ is in fact the headliner. No way to know for sure, though. If they are headliner, they should probably go on at 8:30/8:45, judging from years past.
    I can't imagine they will not release some form of a schedule now that all the tix are distributed
    https://globalcitizen.org/en/festival/2015/faqs/
    What are the set times or order the Artists are playing?
    We will not be releasing set times, or the order of Artists. With the amazing lineup, get there early to enjoy the whole show!

They didn't release the schedules the first two years, either.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817
    samjam said:

my2hands said:

samjam said:

my2hands said:

abbyb said:

The website says they aren't releasing an official schedule, however many of us speculate that PJ is in fact the headliner. No way to know for sure, though. If they are headliner, they should probably go on at 8:30/8:45, judging from years past.
    I can't imagine they will not release some form of a schedule now that all the tix are distributed
    We will not be releasing set times, or the order of Artists. With the amazing lineup, get there early to enjoy the whole show!

I think it's bullshit that they don't release the schedule tbh. What percentage of people are fans of two or more of these artists?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I want to see them all! Obv one more than others but still...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

samjam said:

my2hands said:

samjam said:

my2hands said:

abbyb said:

I think it's bullshit that they don't release the schedule tbh. What percentage of people are fans of two or more of these artists?
    It would certainly be great to know, but I do get it. They're just as concerned about everyone hearing about all the causes as others are concerned about when their favorite artist will perform. That's their main goal above everything, to educate on the causes.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Anyone that went years past,what time did first artist come on?
  • Options
    mp0213 said:

Anyone that went years past,what time did first artist come on?

If I remember correctly, there's a speaker or two, then into the first act. Maybe 20-ish minutes after slated opening time. Anyone else remember this? Or is my memory terribly far off? :lol:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    It's definitely ridiculous that they don't announce the order or set times.

Howver given that it's 90% free and their goal is to show a mass of people supporting their cause I get it.

That being said we know Coldplay is kicking it off. And I would be floored of Pearl Jam isn't ending it. They are listed that way everywhere.
  • Options
    darbd said:

Just got tickets vip3, flying in from Texas. After reading this, is this a reality that no alcohol will be served??? 6 hours of talking and sub par music waiting on pj to play - dead sober? I was so excited all day, now I feel as if I have been ripped off!

Gosh, I agree! Need access to booze after waiting 6 hours!
    NYC 9/26/15
    Mexico City 11/28/15
  • Options
    LA98 said:

Just got my ticket email from GC!!! I emailed them yesterday because I haven't been getting ANY emails from them, even after asking to be resubscribed. Got an auto answer yesterday saying they're swamped and would reply as soon as possible, and just got the email today saying I won.

Ahhhh....just me and Ed and 64,000 other people! :):):):)

I feel the same way!
    NYC 9/26/15
    Mexico City 11/28/15
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    Wow...gives me hope!! I haven't gotten email yet
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    Struck out on all the draws :bawling:

But still heading from Ontario to NYC with the wife for our anniversary and hope to find 2. If anyone can't make it or has a line on any extras please let me know!

Otherwise I'll listen from the park
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    LastZion said:

But still heading from Ontario to NYC with the wife for our anniversary and hope to find 2. If anyone can't make it or has a line on any extras please let me know!

go to preparty. maybe anyone with extras will want to give them to a fan
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options

If anyone has a spare GA ticket I'm in need( for me). Send PM, Thanks.

Still in need. Have items to exchange, please PM Thanks.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    edited September 2015
    youtube.com/user/GlobalPovertyProject

Hey friend,

The 2015 Global Citizen Festival featuring Pearl Jam, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay is just 8 days away!

This year is going to be our biggest yet so even if you can’t be with us in the park you don’t want to miss it!

On September 25th 2015, the day before the Festival, 193 world leaders will commit to 17 Global Goals to achieve 3 extraordinary things in the next 15 years. End extreme poverty. Fight inequality & injustice. Protect the planet. The Global Goals have the potential to get these things done. In all countries. For all people.

Click the button below to subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you can watch every moment of the festival LIVE right from your computer and add your voice to the millions of people around the world raising their voices for change.

The broadcast will begin at 4pm on Saturday, September 26th and run until 10 pm. Trust me, you don’t want to miss it.

Tom Blake and the Global Citizen team
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    what time should I show up to the show 1pm?
  • Options
    Like many others...I am still hoping to find a generous soul who has an extra pair of tickets to the show. I can't miss PJ in Central Park! If anyone ends up with any extra...please let me know. :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

LastZion said:

go to preparty. maybe anyone with extras will want to give them to a fan
    great call, thank you!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Kct1961 said:

darbd said:

Just got tickets vip3, flying in from Texas. After reading this, is this a reality that no alcohol will be served??? 6 hours of talking and sub par music waiting on pj to play - dead sober? I was so excited all day, now I feel as if I have been ripped off!

Gosh, I agree! Need access to booze after waiting 6 hours!
    The only people that will have access to alcohol are people with VIP1 tickets.

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    so are we thinking PJ will play 2 hours? 8-10pm?

it sure does feel like that is the plan
  • Options
    Anyone selling VIPs, I'll buy and include 2 GA tickets. PM me...
    AC
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Probably an hour 15-an hour and a half. Would be awesome if it was more, but that's what I expect.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    RD81760RD81760 Posts: 124
    No way 2 hours
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    starts @ 3pm... ends @ 10pm... that is approximately 7 hours... im guessing coldplay plays around the broadcast start time of 4pm

PJ - 2 hours
    Beyonce - 1 hour 15 minutes
    Ed Sheeran - 1 hour 15 minutes
    Cold Play - 30 minuites
    other performers & speakers - 2 hours

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    samjam said:

my2hands said:

Probably an hour 15-an hour and a half. Would be awesome if it was more, but that's what I expect.
    I'm with Sam on this. But of course we can all hope :D
  • Options
    It is quite annoying that they are not releasing a schedule just from order of appearance it would seem the Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce and then Pearl Jam... I have 2 tickets in VIP3 which I am using and I have 2 GA Lawn which may be available depending on if my sister can use them. If they are available I will certainly let people know. Trtuhfully I could careless about the other 3 performers and would show up right before PJAM if possible.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    DiCaprio, Bono, Zuckerberg Added to Global Citizen Festival

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/dicaprio-bono-zuckerberg-added-global-citizen-festival-33915600

Leonardo DiCaprio, Bono, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai and Bill and Melinda Gates will be onstage for next week's Global Citizen Festival in New York City.

The Sept. 26 event that stars Beyonce, Pearl Jam and Coldplay is a highlight of the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations. U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon will be there, along with several prime ministers and CEOs.

The previously announced celebrity hosts include Stephen Colbert, Kerry Washington, Salma Hayek Pinault, Olivia Wilde and Hugh Jackman.

Ed Sheeran, Common and Indian singer Sunidhi Chauhan will also be performing in Central Park for the multi-hour event. It will air on MSNBC and stream on iHeartRadio and Tidal.

The event will highlight the launch of an ambitious set of global development goals.

———

Online:

www.globalcitizenfestival.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Common and Indian singer Sunidhi Chauhan will also be performing in Central Park for the multi-hour event.
    ??
    This will be the highlight. :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Love boat captain to open the show!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Maybe it's common knowledge, but who the hell is Common, and should we commonly care if this person performs any common songs???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    The love he receives is the love that is saved