The Donald for President

Comments

• SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    edited February 2016
    Looking at some of you....

Not an actual quote supposedly but it sounds too likely to not be true
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/chomsky-trumps-rise-fueled-by-same-societal-breakdown-that-birthed-hitler/
    “It’s interesting to compare the situation in the ‘30s, which I’m old enough to remember,” Chomsky said. “Objectively, poverty and suffering were far greater. But even among poor working people and the unemployed, there was a sense of hope that is lacking now, in large part because of the growth of a militant labor movement and also the existence of political organizations outside the mainstream.”
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

JimmyV said:

At the risk of sounding paranoid...has anyone else worried that someone may take a shot at him? On one hand he has made plenty of enemies with his rhetoric. On the other he is the candidate the party of the military and the intelligence community don't want but are stuck with. Not gonna lie the thought has crossed my mind many times.

no i am not worried about it. he is under secret service protection. those guys will make sure he is protected.

i am more concerned about obama's safety than trump's. the right wing crazies and obama haters are coming out of the woodwork and are only emboldened by trump's rhetoric.
    My concern would that a right wing crazy may be empowered/enabled by a right wing power broker. And then that it may be made to look like a Muslim or an illegal immigrant. The GOP eliminates their headache and brings Trump voters back into the fold by making him a martyr.

Not saying this is about to happen. Just that it is a scenario I can envision.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    to bad we couldn't get another obama office........HAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHA !

Godfather.

Michelle Obama has more class on her pinky than all of Trumps entire family ...

class ???? in her pinky ????? it must all be in her "pinky" cause I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Godfather.

• to bad we couldn't get another obama office........HAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHA !

Godfather.

Given how far your country has come rising from the sewer GWB's outfit plopped it in... another term might not actually be that bad when you think about it. I'd tend to agree with you here somewhat, GF!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

class ???? in her pinky ????? it must all be in her "pinky" cause I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Godfather.

How does she lack class?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225

Godfather.

Godfather.

You see it takes class to recognize it obviously you don't or for that matter none of the trumpeters either , it must suck to be so blind with hatred ,,,
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    easy out...Hatred, so because I think she has the class of a rodent I'm blind with hate ? it must really suck to be the follower of a president and his wife who have no business in politics.

Godfather.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    rgambs said:

Is anyone suprised that someone as childish and embarrassing as Trump is leading the GOP?
    Half their constituents LITERALLY believe that 2 penguins walked from Antarctica, plus a few million other animals, to get on an impossibly large boat built by a 500 year old man.

Mass lunacy running rampant in America. If I could, I would build a big enough boat for us to get on and sail away from this rising tide of lunacy. My only realistic hope is that even if Sanders doesn't make it, this growing movement of intelligent concerned (and mostly young) people will bring back some semblance of sanity to our society.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

easy out...Hatred, so because I think she has the class of a rodent I'm blind with hate ? it must really suck to be the follower of a president and his wife who have no business in politics.

Godfather.

Please objectively explain in what ways she "has the class of a rodent" and provide the basis of your definition of "class"... Either that or take your disrespectful (sexist? racist?) bullshit to the toilet where it belongs.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • easy out...Hatred, so because I think she has the class of a rodent I'm blind with hate ? it must really suck to be the follower of a president and his wife who have no business in politics.

Godfather.

no business? You mean winning two presidential elections isn't the "business"?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

Please objectively explain in what ways she "has the class of a rodent" and provide the basis of your definition of "class"... Either that or take your disrespectful (sexist? racist?) bullshit to the toilet where it belongs.
    Agreed. I'd like to understand what makes her less classy than Laura Bush, Nancy Reagan, etc.
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! disrespectful ? sexist ? racist ? good grief man have a joint and relax you're so angry.....but In guess if I voted for Obama I'd be pissed off too.

Godfather.

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695

• People...

Chill out. Man... you're getting worked up about a guy who can't even spell his own name and 10C's #1 ranked troll knocking the first lady for being classless.

Do you think they even know what class is (outside of the last one they attended in the public school system)?

Sheesh.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    A buddy just forwarded me this email from his brother. This is not my position, but it's well thought out.....
    Been thinking long and hard about the state of America and needed to write my kids about it. Dad suggested I share it with you. Hope you might take something from it.

Love,
    A

Hi Kids!

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    — George Orwell

When we had dinner over here in January you both guffawed when I said I'm polling for Trump. I was harried in trying to get dinner spread so my explanation left much to be desired. So I've spent many hours pondering this and writing notes...because I love you.

This is important stuff and it's kind of long, so please put off reading it until you are in a place where you can spend time pondering it.

Like you, I am a product of our failed educational system.

I learned next to nothing of significance about civics, and absolutely nothing about the crazy-amazing story of our country's founding other than trite tales about cherry trees, tea and a Revere ride that led to a shot heard 'round the world. I accidentally became interested in learning more about our founding era when I stumbled upon Alexander Hamilton's tombstone in the small yard of Trinity Church in downtown New York when I was 16 years old, (the same church in which Nicholas Cage finds the loot in the movie National Treasure).

Since then, my love for our Republic has been steadily instilled through the study of our founding generation and the reasons that impelled its members to rebel against our government. Long story short; as Albert Finney proclaims in the movie Network, they were “mad as hell and [they were] not going to take it any more!” After a protracted, but successful, rebellion, the single greatest collection of minds ever to exist at the same point in time came together for a long, hot summer in 1787. Those radical rebels crafted the single greatest system of mortal governance ever to grace the face of Earth and codified it as The Constitution.

Blah, blah, blah – 240 years later that system, through abuse and neglect, exists in name only...and most everyone is to blame. Starting with John Adams and his Alien and Sedition Acts overreach, to Lincoln's extra-constitutional application of force to keep the union together, to Teddy Roosevelt's unconstitutional federal park land grabs to hard-core leftists like Wilson, FDR and Obama who all fundamentally changed the nature of our republic—and not for the better, to the wolves in sheep's clothing like Nixon and both Bushes...even Reagan wasn't perfect.

With precious few exceptions, at every step along the way these travesties were aided and abetted by politicians who told us they revered the Declaration and supported the Constitution while actually working to undermine them at every turn. Even we are to blame; feckless politicians wouldn't become feckless politicians without a feckless public whose unwise or non-votes elect them. I'm leaving no one out.

So here we are $21,000,000,000,000 in debt, Europe and China on the verge of a financial meltdown due to quantitative easing (printing money) and currency manipulation (buying the market), out of control invasion of Europe and America by cultures that cannot and will not assimilate, and all topped off by a very real globalist agenda to subvert first-world national identity and sovereignty.

The corruption inside the DC beltway is legendary. Once in office, corruption's seductive tentacles quickly ensnare our elected representatives. When that occurs, they no longer work for us, but work for powerful, donor-class interests that direct the flow of money into their pockets. This literally sets them up as our masters as they pass legislation and executive orders that micro-manage the most minute areas of our lives in order to satisfy the demands of their own masters. E.g., what light bulbs we must use, how many gallons of water our toilets use, words we cannot use in public without losing our jobs, how we treat puddles in our yards, collect rainwater, etc, etc, etc.

The kicker is that it no longer matters if an R or a D follows a politician's name. They all are for enacting the exact same policies that drive us deeper into debt, that work to excise our nationalistic culture from the inside through obedience to the false god of political correctness which eviscerates first amendment protections, and from the outside by opening our borders to cultures that have no respect for the genius of our founding values and republican system. They work day and night to incrementally remove our freedoms that were they to be removed all at once would cause us to rise up in armed rebellion. But by removing a little here and a little there we become accustomed and inured to the insult.

The biggest fools in the country are us, we proles who have been conditioned to believe that America is still great, that we have control of our destinies, and that we are free. On all accounts these quaint concepts have become outdated and are now even considered dangerous by the ruling class.

And I weep.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Since the election of 1988, GOP (Grand Old Party, aka. Republicans) voters have known that the candidates they are forced to nominate, George H.W. Bush, Bob Dole, George Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney, were not classical liberals (aka, conservatives. Note that our Founders considered themselves liberals—meaning for liberty. The term was deviously co-opted by leftists in the 1920s.). Nonetheless, we have been lectured at each and every election by pundits and professional politicians that we must vote for their lackluster nominee in order to prevent the Democrat nominee from winning, that in the next election they would reward us by putting a real conservative on the ballot. So each and every time we held our noses and voted for the GOP nominee. And each and every following election the same milquetoast candidate with a different name was nominated.

Beginning in 2008, a widespread recognition set in with GOP voters that we were suffering from battered-wife syndrome; the GOP kept beating us up, yet we kept going to back to do their bidding. The 2010 off-year election TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party landslide was the result.

In 2012 we hit the boiling point when the feckless Romney, who was full-on GOPe (GOP Establishment, also the RNC or Republican National Committee), folded like a broken chair and refused to fight a moderator who flat-out lied and cheered for Obama during a critical debate, thereby leading to his loss in the election. In the off-year 2014 election we witnessed the GOPe traitors paying real money to real Democrats to vote for a seated GOPe senator in order to win against an insurgent TEA Party candidate who actually received the majority of Republican votes, yet still lost.

That was the last straw. We are now dangerously mad!

If you're paying attention you'll recognize that this is no longer about Democrats vs Republicans, this is about Us vs Them. “Us” being those not holding public office or a member of the cabal that pulls the strings of elected officials and the faceless bureaucracies that support them. RNC money, influence, and power has driven the GOP leftward so that it no longer is substantially distinguishable from the Democrat party, hence the moniker Uniparty. Via K Street (lobbyists), the Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street has purchased enough influence from our congress to enable the Uniparty to enact policies that are leading to the incremental but very real destruction of America. Elected officials work only to keep themselves in office and sucking from the teat of donor-class interests whose policies they are directed to enact. Not ours, theirs.

With the arguable exception of only three people on capital hill, it's Us vs Them. Believe it.

This is how the scheme of political graft and influence peddling works:

Let's say we have a bright young candidate with a clean past, some worthy accomplishments, a lot of charisma, but not a lot of cash to mount a run for a senate seat. He gets some local attention but needs some serious money to finance a real campaign. Fundraisers only go so far and the official party is unwilling to back the campaign of a newcomer. So where does he get the money?

Let's say there is a very powerful and moneyed organization, Goldman Sachs, that has become big and powerful through favorable legislation for which is has paid great sums of money. It pays for this legislation by approaching people like our hypothetical candidate and offering him a huge loan to fund his campaign. The company must give the candidate money in the form of a loan because the law says it cannot give the money to him directly.

The candidate wins the election. An important piece of legislation comes up that negatively affects Goldman Sachs. The candidate is approached by a Goldman lobbyist who reminds the new senator that one hand washes the other and directs him to vote against the legislation that would not favor Goldman. The week after that the new senator's loan is miraculously paid off.

That's how influence is bought and that is the reality facing every politician on Capital Hill. If not an actual loan, it is a sizable donation to a sympathetic Political Action Committee (PAC) and/or the promise of a very lucrative lobbying position after the congress critter quits or loses the next election. You may have heard the term Crony Capitalist. That's what this is. Big business doesn't become big business without big government. This is DC Kabuki Theater in which the actors may change but the song remains same.

We now find ourselves suffering from incompetent decision making, ill-considered foreign policy, non-existent borders, the ceding of our sovereignty to world governance, devastating domestic policy, sclerotic regulatory overhead, and the shredding of the Constitution by the Uniparty political class. Those fighting for the restoration of our radical roots face tremendous dug-in defenses by the media ass hats, political insiders, the one-world donor class and the coastal clowns that sneer down their bulbous noses at those of us who live in flyover country.

The government is now an authentic tyranny of lawlessness, criminality and corruption.

I've been long-winded in describing our current state because it is critical to understand how broken our system is. If you don't viscerally grasp this, then you cannot comprehend the significance of what I'm about to impart to you.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Enter Donald Trump, the George Patton of politics.

For the last 7 months my favorite Tweet has been: “You "conservative" "pundits" still don't get it: Trump isn't our candidate. He's our murder weapon. And the GOP is our victim. We good, now?”

One of the favorite tactics used by those infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome is to point out that Trump really is a 'liberal', that his current values have evolved over time.

This is my answer to that; I don't effin care! So have mine. Some of them have done a complete about-face.

The exact same thing was said of Reagan by the exact same people (literally, e.g., establishment conservative pundit George Will) who feared him and did their level best to destroy him.

Let's agree, for argument's sake, that Trump is Hitler's bastard son, eats babies, microwaves kittens, and rings old peoples' doorbells late at night for LOLS...

I. DON'T. CARE!

I am DONE with the professional politician cartel!

In this election there are literally trillions of dollars at stake for Big Business, Big Media, Big Banking, and Big Government which are all in bed together and run by the donor class who control global finance, Wall Street, news outlets, corporatists, crony capitalists, professional politicians and influence peddlers. These elitists have structured the U.S. economy and broader U.S. economic policy to ensure the perpetuation of their own schemes and graft.

Like no other political figure, Trump is taking them all head on.

He represents the singular immovable object who refuses to allow further garnishment of American assets and diminishment of American values. There is no other candidate in modern history who represents such a significant threat to the donor class. No one. The reason he is a threat is because he is the only candidate that is not beholden to the special interests of anybody; he cannot be bought and he is a nationalist...a Patriot. And an independent, incorruptible patriot is the most frightening thing the most powerful man in the world can be if you are a one-world-government-United-Nations-loving-cheap-labor-importing-overseas-job-exporting puppet master. Trump is kicking over their feeding trough and like a half-ton sow they're not happy about it.

Trump doesn't need any special treatment; he already commands it. He doesn't need any money; he already has it. He doesn't need the media; he already has direct communication with the American people via text, email, Facebook and Twitter. He doesn't need the RNC, GOP or professional politicians; he pwns them, big time, every time they 'help' him (by trying to take him down). That is why the DC beltway rejects him, the globalist donor-class fears him, the media despises him, and the GOPe throws him to the wolves every chance they get.

Trump calls it like it is by saying what he thinks, and that alarms the PC (Politically Correct, aka anti-freedom of speech) status quo. So when he challenges the status quo, I like it, I love it, I want more of it. I don't want some aristocratically reticent Social Justice Warrior who will not make America's case and publicly defend it, we have that in spades already with our feckless political class. I want a real warrior who zealously defends me and my fellow Americans' interests by bringing a bazooka to a knife fight, the less house-broken he is, the better.

Some whine about Trump’s “bluster,” “naiveté,” and “crudeness.” Wasn’t President Teddy Roosevelt accused of bluster? Wasn’t President Ronald Reagan accused of being naive? Wasn’t the leftists’ hero LBJ accused of crudeness? These are trifling criticisms when ISIS is cutting off heads, terrorists are infiltrating our population, we're being overrun by illegal immigrants, our debt is about to collapse us, our jobs are being shipped out, our wealth is being transferred to third-world hell holes, and our military is incapable of defending more than one front of war.

Some call Trump a dimwit. I wonder how many of them could take $1,000 and turn it into over $5 million in under 40 years? Maybe a handful? That is literally and precisely what Trump did times 1,000. He is a financial genius. With China and Europe melting down, we cannot continue doing the same-old, same-old or we are going down with them. We need a financial wizard and a street-smart fighter that also happens to be one of the world's greatest negotiators.

Some say Trump cannot stay focused on a question long enough to answer it. Wrong. Trump is a born leader who possesses the innate ability to lead a conversation or interview where he desires, not where the reporter who is looking for a gotcha moment wants it to go.

Some say Trump doesn't provide details about his policies. Trump is most definitely a big-picture guy, this is not a bad thing. He has a verifiable history of putting the very best people into the most important positions in his companies. There is no reason to believe he will not do the exact same thing as President and delegate the minutia to them while expecting uber-competent and accountable execution of their duties. This will be a very welcome change from the hyper-partisan and real-world-challenged political appointments currently on display in our country. Also, in regards to foreign policy details, Trump, as the world's best negotiator, knows instinctively that you do not give your game plan away, “loose lips might sink ships”.

Some say Trump is an egomaniac that does not play by the rules. In this they are absolutely correct. Trump is so far outside their game, so far outside their rules he has never even been a player in their game. He has pulled back the curtains of the Great and Mighty Oz and exposed the warped puppet masters playing God. He controls their media when he is on it. He controls their media when he is not on it. He controls their media when he is asleep. Nobody else has been able to do anything like this short of the Kennedys, and they are pikers compared to Trump!

We are currently smack dab in the middle of one of Trump's greatest coups; forcing the establishment shills out of the woodwork; Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, the Bush Dynasty and others. And none of these 'smartest men in the room' saw him coming. Out of thin air Trump materialized and sucker-punched the political and media class. If they knew Trump would turn their establishment world upside down, they would have made voting illegal this year.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    This election is not about left vs right.

It's not about conservative vs liberal.

It's not about Democrat vs Republican.

We are light years beyond such petty nuances. This election is about one thing and one thing only; preserving America.

Anything and everything else is a distraction. Don't let the professional politicians and mewling media take your eye off the ball. If Trump gets this issue right, other issues will have a productive environment in which they may be addressed.

Trump's platform proposes to preserve America in four ways.

Both legal and illegal immigration are to be paused and then strictly controlled so that Americans can once again have access to good-paying jobs and our culture given time to recover and assimilate immigrants after decades of extreme abuse. (To identify where you stand on this issue ask yourself one question; do I lock my front door at night?)
    No more bad trade deals that put America at a disadvantage. This specifically refers to the recently signed but yet to be voted on 50,000 page TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) that ships even more American jobs overseas, cedes important aspects of our national sovereignty to world courts, and inflicts other injuries upon Americans. (To identify where you stand on this issue ask yourself one question; do I trust anything 50,000 pages long written by the attorneys of global special interests?)
    Root out the deception, malfeasance, and corruption systemic to the faceless, unaccountable bureaucracies that choke out our liberties and bury us under mountains of debt with each passing day.
    Strengthen our military, not so that it can continue ill-advised nation building boondoggles, but so that it can be ready for any eventuality and to protect our interests in this increasingly dangerous world.

As it so happens no other candidate would even be paying lip service to the preservation of America, preferring instead to pretend touchy problems like this don't exist, if Trump hadn't forced the issue to the forefront.

There are other items in Trump's platform, but they will mean nothing if we don't get the four sides of American preservation correct. If our teetering Humpty Dumpty system falls, the political and donor classes cannot put it back together again and it will be us, not them, that do the suffering.

You may feel that Trump is a shallow narcissist and libertine, nonetheless you probably also possess an abiding sense that he has the ability to do what no other candidate can; go to DC, kick ass, mock political correctness, build a wall, bring manufacturing home, and end the GOPe’s persistent fixation with remaking the Muslim world.

But keep in mind this has nothing to do with liking him, feelings are not your friend this election cycle. This has to do with needing his particular skill set and his unique position of being constitutionally incapable of being bought off and absolutely impervious to threats, intimidation, and being pwned by anyone, let alone globalist puppeteers.

However, if you must let feelings guide you in this decision, know this; it sounds ironic, but billionaire Trump is us, he is for the American worker, he is a nationalist that knows America can once again be the greatest nation on Earth. No one in politics since Ronald Reagan has advocated for the little guy, and no one, no one, knows not only how the game is played, but how the deck is stacked against us, the regular, hardworking, American people.

The one position of Trump's that has not evolved over the years, as can be seen on YouTube in many interviews starting in the 80s, is his love for America and Americans. He has been rock-solid consistent on this. And it is this love, this over-arching, under-girding value that creates his passion and drives his positions. Contrast this with our current President who began his administration on a world-apology tour in which he sought to ease his manufactured guilt by pleading for forgiveness from many countries for the heinous crime of American exceptionalism.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So, the big question is what will Trump do if elected President? The answer is, I don’t know. I know he has an amazing track record of success, I know what he claims he will do, but will he actually follow through? Or is it all BS? I simply don’t know.

I do, however, know the answer for all other candidates. And that is they will all do the same thing they have been doing, with minor variations, for the past 27 years; looking out for the best interests of themselves and their globalist donors.

With Trump the worst that can happen is that he succumbs to Beltway Fever and stabs us in the back. Since that is what all other candidates would do anyway, as has every president since 1989, there is nothing to lose on this front.

America cannot continue the death spiral it has seen for the past seven presidential cycles. America cannot survive its current deterioration—politically, socially, economically, militarily and culturally. Trump will not reverse this deadly national trend solely by his effort, but he can be the critical catalyst and driving power that gets the ball rolling. He owes no favors to anyone other than the American people. He may well be the last great hope to not only help make America great again, but to help America survive.

This is our last chance. It is similar to the “point of no return” global warming alarmists keep talking about, except America's data models are not falsified. At our current rate of cultural transformation, if we don’t break the donor fever grip now, we never will. This kind of correction is no just a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, it’s a once-in-a-millennium opportunity.

We need this.

We need an Alpha Leader.

We need Trump.

But it's not easy and it's not comfortable. Supporting Trump means gazing upon the rot and disrepair we know exists. Supporting Trump means not ignoring the insufferable issues evident by hiding problems, the rust, represented by ruling class frontmen such as Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Paul Ryan, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, et al under layers of shiny paint (McCain, Romney, Kasich, Clinton, Rubio).

As if to confirm this, the most telling indicator that Trump is on the right path is that Republicans, Democrats, and the media all fear and loathe him. That tidbit alone tells me he's the best candidate.

I'll be polling for Trump, the only candidate that can possibly make any sort of change for the better. I want you to do the same (little Nick can't, yet).

Utah has changed up the primary rules this year. They will have caucus meetings like normal if you'd like to go and spend an evening arguing with neighbors, but they will also have an easy, online Presidential Preference Poll where you can select only the candidate you want to win the nomination.

To access this you'll need to register as a Republican voter. I know, I know. I've been independent for 15 years now, switching hurts, but it is the only way we can give ourselves, and our future generation a decent shot at a decent future. This can be done in less than 60 seconds online at https://secure.utah.gov/voterreg/index.html and must be done by March 10th. The Utah presidential preference poll is on March 22nd.

Above all, don't be cowed and swayed by those black hearts that would mock and laugh at you for supporting Trump. They are part of the problem, not part of the solution. It's the right thing to do, even if done in private.

This is a true movement the likes of which we have never seen and will likely never see again, even with the Reagan landslide of 1984. Trump holds three or four massive rallies a week all over the country in which the stadiums are filled to capacity with thousands still waiting to get in. This is an election of insurgency. This, in fact, is a revolution. We are the rebels, we are the vulgarians!

Love,
    Dad

P.S. - An alternative point of view: Utah will go Republican in the general election this November as it has in every presidential election since 1964. Therefore, you can waste your vote on Hillary or Bernie or Joe or Elizabeth or whomever else makes your heart go pitter-pat–or you can make your voice count by voting for Trump starting in the Presidential Preference Poll in March and again in the general election in November.

There are strong indicators that Trump will sweep all of the states except Iowa (Cruz), Texas (Cruz) and Utah (Rubio). That's right. For the first time in its history Utah will likely be a swing state. Every GOP vote counts this year.

If Trump doesn't win 54.1% of the state delegates, there will be a brokered convention and the GOPe will put in their establishment candidate, in which case we'll end up with Hillary as president (if you need guidance as to why this would be the worst outcome let me know).

So, really, you've got nothing to lose by voting for Trump and everything to gain.

BTW – Many young voters who pay scant attention to politics are infatuated with Bernie, a profoundly unserious candidate for several key reasons I won't go into here, but am happy to talk with you about them if you wish. For now, the important thing to remember about Bernie's prospects is that he never had any. The way the DNC (Democratic National Committee) structures their primary, the super-delegates prevent anyone not of DNC choosing to win the nomination, and the DNC has chosen Hillary (look for yourself at the delegate counts here http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_delegate_count.html ). This effectively means that Bernie would need to win over 80% of the available Democrat delegates to receive the nomination–he's currently at 50%. So don't waste your vote where it can't count.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^^^^ again, not my words but I can't argue with the whole "donor class" premise.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • geezus man...too long didn't read

• People...

Chill out. Man... you're getting worked up about a guy who can't even spell his own name and 10C's #1 ranked troll knocking the first lady for being classless.

Do you think they even know what class is (outside of the last one they attended in the public school system)?

Sheesh.

agreed

Wobbie said:

^^^^ again, not my words but I can't argue with the whole "donor class" premise.

The argument here is just an elongated version of the precise argument that has been espoused in various ways all over militia, anti-federalist and pro Trump places forever. No offense, but there's nothing new in here but to buy into this, you have to buy into the argument that "the U.S. used to be better than it is now". If that's your argument, then you might go to Trump. There's all sorts of right wing code words in here that turn off anyone left of center.."liberal means liberty before it was co-opted... even Reagan wan't perfect".. I mean who out there that leans left thinks for a second that maybe Reagan was perfect?

If you say to yourself, well wait a minute. We don't remove Indians anymore, we don't have slavery, we focus on equal rights and equal pay, we don't think it's okay to exploit other people for their resources, we don't think war for profit is good, we think religions other than Christianity (or WASP, precisely) are okay too. Ergo, the country is better today than it was a hundred years ago or 200 years ago. But it's not perfect and we need to continue down the progressive path.

So in sum, this is just an argument to take a standard right of center person and make them disaffected with their party leadership and vote Trump. There is very little crossover appeal here.
    good points, mrussel....I don't even know the guy who wrote it and didn't consider plagiarism.

FWIW, I prefer Obama 10x over W.....that said, too few monied interests control DC....probably moreso in the house and senate but things will never be truly "better" for the many as long as lobbyists create policy for the few.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

So...nothing about her positions on issues or what she has done nationally or internationally. Only some marginally unflattering photos... So is this sexist, superficial, misogynistic, shallow...all of the above? Let us know when you come up with something less ass-holic in nature.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I'm going with "all of the above."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225

Godfather.

Please enlighten us with your definition of class in reference to 1st ladies ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.