The Donald for President

Comments

• 1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    What has me cringing isn't that Trump is where he still is in the polls. It's the people that support him. I had no idea that there where that many Americans that agreed with Mr, Trump.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    He has more support than the polls indicate
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

There is no evidence of that, and most of the polling is notoriously known for only polling a particular segment of the population. Most voters under 30 don't even have a landline, everyone knows that.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Most voters under 30 still live at home
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,959

Shame filled Trump fans who stay in the closet?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

doesn't everyone live at home?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    How is this for advertising?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/67674118-story
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,687

Kind of like Sarah Palin. A flash in the pan. We can't give her books away anymore. Same will be true of Trump. It's like a bad TV show- here today, gone tomorrow.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ^^^
    Are trump books for sale in your shop?

^^^

Not in mine, but in my wife and her business partner's store, yes. She has an all-used-book full service brick and mortar store. I help there and run my own book business out of home (specializing in lit, poetry and creative arts and such). I'm always a bit put off seeing books by Trump, Palin, Coulter, Limbaugh, Glenn Beck etc. in my wife's store but then, you know, know thy enemy. I should read more of them... but I get more satisfaction out of reading Henry Rollins shred Ann Coulter, haha!

Interestingly, despite living in one of the most conservative counties in California, books by all of the above move very slowly, even Trumps books. Of the lot, Glen Beck sells the best but I'm happy to say, Howard Zinn out sells them all. :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    mickeyrat said:

How is this for advertising?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/67674118-story

Awesome... Paid for by a Rubio supporter who said he would vote for Hillary before Trump
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    brianlux said:

Kind of like Sarah Palin. A flash in the pan. We can't give her books away anymore. Same will be true of Trump. It's like a bad TV show- here today, gone tomorrow.
    Not by a longshot.
    I read art of the deal 25 years ago

brianlux said:

Not by a longshot.
    Sorry, but at least as far as our business goes here in our conservative little town, they're dead wood.

At one time Trump's books did ok in the business section but lately the ones in both the biography and business sections are collecting dust. Might have to convince our buyers to cull them. If they do, I'll let you know. :wink:

edited January 2016
    brianlux said:

^^^

Not in mine, but in my wife and her business partner's store, yes. She has an all-used-book full service brick and mortar store. I help there and run my own book business out of home (specializing in lit, poetry and creative arts and such). I'm always a bit put off seeing books by Trump, Palin, Coulter, Limbaugh, Glenn Beck etc. in my wife's store but then, you know, know thy enemy. I should read more of them... but I get more satisfaction out of reading Henry Rollins shred Ann Coulter, haha!

Interestingly, despite living in one of the most conservative counties in California, books by all of the above move very slowly, even Trumps books. Of the lot, Glen Beck sells the best but I'm happy to say, Howard Zinn out sells them all. :smile:
    Just reminded me someone borrowed my copy of the People's History... 1492-Present like 4 years ago and I never got it back. harrumph.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I hope Trump is the republican nominee... just for the upcoming 2016 tour
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

brianlux said:

Not by a longshot.
    One born every minute lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    cnn.com/2016/01/02/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-hillary-clinton-created-isis/

Yeah, just pretend it never happened under Dubya because he has an R next to his name. Partisan pathological lying jackass.
    ldent42 said:

brianlux said:

^^^

Just reminded me someone borrowed my copy of the People's History... 1492-Present like 4 years ago and I never got it back. harrumph.
    Oh yes, have heard that story many a time and have had the same happen to some books that have passed through my hands. They're all, of course, just passing through all our hands but sometimes they go before their time. I've had to reacquire a few good ones myself!

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

America has become a joke. Ask most anyone from another country. Like it or not, it's true. Friends from other countries see Trump running for president and all the attention this gets and all the Trump supporters and they see the U.S. as a joke. A really really really really really bad joke. It's embarrassing as hell.

Its not even close to how countries, especially the ones that want us all dead from the middle east will look at us if that pear shaped lying Hildebeast ends up to be the most powerful person in the world. Talk about a very very very bad time to have a President w/o balls…No pun of course

Or both
  • dignin said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

America has become a joke. Ask most anyone from another country. Like it or not, it's true. Friends from other countries see Trump running for president and all the attention this gets and all the Trump supporters and they see the U.S. as a joke. A really really really really really bad joke. It's embarrassing as hell.

Its not even close to how countries, especially the ones that want us all dead from the middle east will look at us if that pear shaped lying Hildebeast ends up to be the most powerful person in the world. Talk about a very very very bad time to have a President w/o balls…No pun of course

Or both
    Just because someone has an opinion contrary to the grain does not make them a troll.
    Donald Trump - is he pissing people off or is he your inner thoughts that should be kept quiet?
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

dignin said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

Or both
    Just because someone has an opinion contrary to the grain does not make them a troll.
    Donald Trump - is he pissing people off or is he your inner thoughts that should be kept quiet?
    Yes it does make them a troll. It's called facts. You should try them sometime.
  • dignin said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

Or both
    Yes it does make them a troll. It's called facts. You should try them sometime.
    So your response to the other question is?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    ldent42 said:

doesn't everyone live at home?
    Ha. That made me laugh.
    Donald Trump is speaking at a campaign event in South Carolina. He asks if the crowd wants to hear a joke? The southern crowd goes "Hell Yeah!"
    What do you call 10 illegal immigrants on the moon? A problem.
    What do you call 100 illegals on the moon? A problem.
    What do you call 1000 illegals on the moon? Still a problem.
    What do you call all of the illegal immigrants on the moon? Problem solved.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2016
    I will say that the real Donald Trump thread really got nasty on both sides. Whether you are liberal or conservative, you are still a jerk if you make nasty personal attacks on a message board whether provoked or not and removes any integrity to other posts.
  • I will say that the real Donald Trump thread really got nasty on both sides. Whether you are liberal or conservative, you are still a jerk if you make nasty personal attacks on a message board whether provoked or not and removes any integrity to other posts.

i'm sorry, but any time people are out and out lying about a candidate's position, i am gonna call it out.

"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ^^^ especially donald trump.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

I will say that the real Donald Trump thread really got nasty on both sides. Whether you are liberal or conservative, you are still a jerk if you make nasty personal attacks on a message board whether provoked or not and removes any integrity to other posts.

i'm sorry, but any time people are out and out lying about a candidate's position, i am gonna call it out.

Fine if you want to disagree, but don't need to be a jerk about it. A person could be right on the issues but still a jerk in life.

Donald Trump is speaking at a campaign event in South Carolina. He asks if the crowd wants to hear a joke? The southern crowd goes "Hell Yeah!"
    What do you call 10 illegal immigrants on the moon? A problem.
    What do you call 100 illegals on the moon? A problem.
    What do you call 1000 illegals on the moon? Still a problem.
    What do you call all of the illegal immigrants on the moon? Problem solved.

remind me again who the moon belongs to?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
This discussion has been closed.