Options

The Donald for President

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    brianlux said:

I just blew out 12 brain cells trying to imagine Trump as president. Well, shoot, I've lost brain cells over a lot better things than that. But at least in this case it was only 12.

Trumps star sparkle has started to dim a bit.When real issue talk came up he went all crickets.Rubio and Fiorina have some juice now and they can talk issues.This is getting fun.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

I just blew out 12 brain cells trying to imagine Trump as president. Well, shoot, I've lost brain cells over a lot better things than that. But at least in this case it was only 12.

Trumps star sparkle has started to dim a bit.When real issue talk came up he went all crickets.Rubio and Fiorina have some juice now and they can talk issues.This is getting fun.
    Yeah he was like a deer in headlights when folks asked him moderately difficult questions...and of course the "Muslobama" business made him look like a fool, though I am sure his supporters pitched tents over it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Yeah he was like a deer in headlights when folks asked him moderately difficult questions...and of course the "Muslobama" business made him look like a fool, though I am sure his supporters pitched tents over it.
    I haven't seen anybody attract as much attention as Trump, it was just a matter of time before the nobama suck ass's went on the attack thru the media, I doubt he''ll be elected but if Hellary gets it we are in for a wild ride... lets see ? of the presidential runners with even a chance who do we have ? Christi ? Bush ? Fiorina (what ever her name is) Clinton ? and is Sanders even in the running ?, there are a few others but really it's just politics as usual with everybody except Trump..I doubt he knows how to do it but at the same time he's not asking for money to run his campaign or sucking political ass.

Godfather.

• Options
    So I just heard about an Ohio Tea Party survey on talk radio.
    They sampled 400 Ohio Tea Partiers, and asked what they would do on election day if _____ goes against Hillary or Biden in the general election. Christie, Bush, and Kasich all drew responses of "leave the ballot blank" from more than 65% polled! Trump got 71% of the "vote".

Either way, that looks good for Dems.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421
    “I’ve gotten so much free advertising, it’s like nothing I’d have expected,” he said. “When you look at cable television, a lot of the programs are 100 percent Trump, so why would you need more Trump during the commercial breaks?”

That is pretty funny.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

I haven't seen anybody attract as much attention as Trump, it was just a matter of time before the nobama suck ass's went on the attack thru the media, I doubt he''ll be elected but if Hellary gets it we are in for a wild ride... lets see ? of the presidential runners with even a chance who do we have ? Christi ? Bush ? Fiorina (what ever her name is) Clinton ? and is Sanders even in the running ?, there are a few others but really it's just politics as usual with everybody except Trump..I doubt he knows how to do it but at the same time he's not asking for money to run his campaign or sucking political ass.

Godfather.

where "nobama suck ass's" = rational human beings
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Godfather.

I guess most people are rational human beings it just that some will believe anything..

Godfather.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Godfather.

I guess most people are rational human beings it just that some will believe anything..

Godfather.

You mean Like there are Muslim training facilities here in the good old USA to kill us yet the proper authorities haven't shut them down. But good old Donald will take care of them for you.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blckpwk1voQ

Here is a good example of Trump's failure to follow through...about the 1:40 mark...he's got "people" finding stuff on Obama's birth certificate in Hawaii

NOTHING was ever produced. The people he refers to "cannot believe what they are finding" yet NOTHING was produced.

Do you honestly think the crap he spews now is any different GF?
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I watched the rerun of the CNN debate last night. Here are a couple of thoughts.
    1) how anyone could like Ted cruz is beyond me. He looks and sounds like a robot. Every time he spoke, he looked right at the camera and went into full script mode.
    2)anyone that would vote for any candidate that vocally supports defunding planned parenthood automatically loses credibility with me. Needless to say, I am not voting republican.
    3)Fiorina is not that impressive to me. Sure she's gained some ground, but I think she's done by South Carolina.
    4)Carson didn't do nearly as well as he did in the first debate.
    5) I like rand paul, but see number 2.
    6)Donald Trump sounds worse the further we get into this. He answered no questions. He insisted on starting off most questions with an insult to someone on the stage.

I hate to say it, but I think Jeb bush is going to be the nominee.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I watched the rerun of the CNN debate last night. Here are a couple of thoughts.
    1) how anyone could like Ted cruz is beyond me. He looks and sounds like a robot. Every time he spoke, he looked right at the camera and went into full script mode.
    2)anyone that would vote for any candidate that vocally supports defunding planned parenthood automatically loses credibility with me. Needless to say, I am not voting republican.
    3)Fiorina is not that impressive to me. Sure she's gained some ground, but I think she's done by South Carolina.
    6)Donald Trump sounds worse the further we get into this. He answered no questions. He insisted on starting off most questions with an insult to someone on the stage.

I think that I'd rather see Jeb Bush on the ballot. (Card carrying Democrat here, so you know where my vote lies.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

There would be nothing wrong with that.Maybe a bush Kasich ticket?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

You mean Like there are Muslim training facilities here in the good old USA to kill us yet the proper authorities haven't shut them down. But good old Donald will take care of them for you.
    have you been to one ? better hurry before trump gets to them.

Godfather.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

have you been to one ? better hurry before trump gets to them.

Godfather.

Ya you would BELIEVE that. Come to think of it, was that YOU who asked trump that question? Hmmm
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The problem with Trump and most of the others is that they can't answer a question and seem to be unaware that a debate is to separate themselves from the others. This was more of a ratings grab for CNN. Really? a 3 hour debate. I know Matt Taibbi had made up the drinking game for the debate, which was funny, but all he needed were 2 rules. Drink when they say they agree with each other and drink when Jake Tapper said, "you didn't answer my question."

That and the fact they had as many questions on climate as they did for what they'd like their secret service code name to be pretty much cemented all of them as embarrassments.
    Post edited by Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayh on
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I'm comfortable with Bush or Kasich. Kasich actually has the most experience.

Fiorina definitely gained ground but she has no chance. If she were the nominee Hillary (assuming she is the Dem nominee) would run ads 24/7 where Fiorina praises her. Plus...they keep referring to Fiorina as an outsider but she really isn't. She's only an outsider because she lost a Senate bid against Boxer at a time when democrats were getting trounced nationwide.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    edited September 2015
    Fucked up quotes
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

He said he would deport the illegals "so fricken fast". He said he would call Ford at 9am and tell them if they do the Mexico dealy he will put a 30% import tariff on every car, and that they would call by 5pm and say "yes Mr president"

Could America really elect such a total buffoon?
    Yes.
    He is as American as can be to the idiots that populate this nation.

sounds like a re-cap of the Obama election.

Godfather.

Say what you want about his policies, at least Obama can speak like he graduated the 5th grade.
    I can see why Trump appeals to so many, he doesn't make them feel stupid by using big words and proper grammar.
    big words.....like deportation ? or maybe teleprompter ? Obama needs both.

Godfather.

Why keep harping on Obama this is about your boy Trump tell us how he will make America do great again since according to you this country is in shambles , I'll ask you the same ? I asked JG how has your personal life been affected by this president ?
    I will not post that on here, but to be fair you could ask that question to different people during any presidency and get a host of answers, but keep trying.

Godfather.

Just like i thought you have no answers as to how your life has been affected by this President ....
    what are you fishing for Jose ? how I feel my life has been affected by this president is nothing I want to share with the train members because some of you would be offended, if we ever sit down and talk about life over a soda maybe you'd understand ......and maybe not.

Godfather.

so are you admitting your personal beliefs regarding Obama's policies would sound racist?

How did you pull Rascist out of that ?

I don't wanna speak for GF,but I think he was getting at,how bent out of shape some get on here when you don't tow toe the party line and agree w the vocal majority.Peeps here do get a bit squishy if you are not totally PC.
    It has zero to do with towing the party line and being pc. I have no issue with people who can back up their position with actual, well, a position at all, whether it disagrees with mine or not. Calling people sheep for simply disagreeing with him, his constant attacks on islam (and pretty much all immigrants) for no other reason than ignorant fear perpetuated by the extreme right, etc. his posting history speaks for itself.

He constantly mocks democrats, yet doesn't even know, or refuses to name, the policies that he disagrees with. Its all just passive agressive nonsense.

Thats where i got that from.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I did not know this.....interesting article https://nomoredavegrohl.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/trump.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936

I did not know this.....interesting article https://nomoredavegrohl.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/trump.jpg

Everybody know who was the real drummer in Nirvana. Dave Growl!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Just goes to show that whatever you say or not say will get some peoples panties in a bunch.
    Now he is getting controversy and headlines for not saying anything.
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-on-anti-muslim-questioner-129419459981.html
    "The Republican presidential candidate, who routinely attracts press with his biting put-downs, said this is the first time he caused controversy by not saying something."
    Sheesh
  • Options

Just goes to show that whatever you say or not say will get some peoples panties in a bunch.
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-on-anti-muslim-questioner-129419459981.html
    "The Republican presidential candidate, who routinely attracts press with his biting put-downs, said this is the first time he caused controversy by not saying something."
    Sheesh

Isn't his obligation as a serious contender to let everyone know that the question was absolutely ridiculous? McCain encountered the same thing in 08 and did just that. Called a spade a spade. Be real.
  • Options

Sheesh

Isn't his obligation as a serious contender to let everyone know that the question was absolutely ridiculous? McCain encountered the same thing in 08 and did just that. Called a spade a spade. Be real.
    No.
    He is a serious contender because everyone seems to forget that there are no friends in business.
    Friendship comes after.
    He is no ones friend while in the race.
  • Options

Sheesh

No.
    He is a serious contender because everyone seems to forget that there are no friends in business.
    Friendship comes after.
    So, being no one's friend means letting racist, xenophobic, ignorant and moronic questions and comments slide?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Sheesh

No.
    Friendship comes after.
    So, being no one's friend means letting racist, xenophobic, ignorant and moronic questions and comments slide?
    Yes.
    If you are not friends then you can say as much or as little to a person as you want.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Sheesh

No.
    Friendship comes after.
    Yes.
    If you are not friends then you can say as much or as little to a person as you want.
    Well I guess I place a much higher value on truth, reason, understanding, and compassion than the average Trump supporter.
    McCain was not Obama's friend either, but when someone opened their mouth and poured forth moronic dung, McCain called them out on their idiotic bullshit with class.
    Trump wouldn't know class if it bit him in the ass.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Sheesh

No.
    Friendship comes after.
    Yes.
    Well I guess I place a much higher value on truth, reason, understanding, and compassion than the average Trump supporter.
    McCain was not Obama's friend either, but when someone opened their mouth and poured forth moronic dung, McCain called them out on their idiotic bullshit with class.
    But the guy asking the question was a trump supporter.
    His shirt said so.
    Weird question to ask from a supporter wouldn't you think?
    Would kind of take you aback.
  • Options
    I think he blew a big opportunity by letting that guy slide. That was a great chance to gain a ton of respect from people that were still weary of him. Hell, even the people behind him in the crowd were disgusted with the question.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Sheesh

No.
    Friendship comes after.
    Yes.
    But the guy asking the question was a trump supporter.
    His shirt said so.
    Weird question to ask from a supporter wouldn't you think?
    Would kind of take you aback.
    I don't follow. That is exactly the sort of no information voter that supports Trump, and Trump is not dumb enough to miss what demographics support him.
    On top of that, Trump was one of the leading "birthers" that created and buoyed the ignorant nonsense this hick was spouting, so why on Earth would he be taken aback?
    His silence speaks volumes.
This discussion has been closed.