Being picked on at new job & struggling to fit in - fed up

124»

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    edited June 2015
    Hey Thoughts?

You need advice from people on this board...
    Like you need a hole in the head.

I wish you well..
    I hope it all works out for you.....
    Take advice from your professional help...Not the people here.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I agree. See someone. If you are seeing someone, it doesnt seem to be working, see someone else.
  • There's been some good advice offered here. I agree that professional help might be the best course of action, but there have been some efforts made to help the guy out- they've been sincere, they had good intentions, and most- if not all- were very reasonable.

What would have been much worse is silence- people not saying anything and not giving a shit.

And Speedy... you poured your heart over the internet just recently as well. I felt the same level of support conveyed in that thread as well (for a different scenario). I guess I'm not sure why you, of all people, would so readily dismiss the genuine efforts and concern people have made for others here? I mean, if people are bringing up personal stuff on these forums... what exactly should they expect in response?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418

There's been some good advice offered here. I agree that professional help might be the best course of action, but there have been some efforts made to help the guy out- they've been sincere, they had good intentions, and most- if not all- were very reasonable.

What would have been much worse is silence- people not saying anything and not giving a shit.

And Speedy... you poured your heart over the internet just recently as well. I felt the same level of support conveyed in that thread as well (for a different scenario). I guess I'm not sure why you, of all people, would so readily dismiss the genuine efforts and concern people have made for others here? I mean, if people are bringing up personal stuff on these forums... what exactly should they expect in response?

Professional help might be the best course of action.
    Lets just say we agree 100% on that.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

There's been some good advice offered here. I agree that professional help might be the best course of action, but there have been some efforts made to help the guy out- they've been sincere, they had good intentions, and most- if not all- were very reasonable.

+1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have to agree with WH and PJ_Soul...TA, lots of people have been through a lot of shit in their lives. A lot of people were bullied and beat up by their parents, and by the kids at school, and even now by the people they work with, including me. You are not the only one. The only person who can make a difference in your life is YOU. You have to WANT to feel better, meds will only balance the chemical imbalance in your brain. There have been many excellent suggestions in here for getting a brighter outlook on life and for your mental well-being. Many of those ideas are the same ones a therapist and psychiatrist will give you.

If you keep refusing to do any of the suggestions that MANY people have given, then perhaps you really don't want to change, maybe you like wallowing in self-pity, and the only person you can blame for that is yourself.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • There's been some good advice offered here. I agree that professional help might be the best course of action, but there have been some efforts made to help the guy out- they've been sincere, they had good intentions, and most- if not all- were very reasonable.

We do.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,763
    ran across this and it seems to fit in really well with some, including myself, are highly stressing is needed. My experience suggests this is the beginning for change such as we , you and I , need.

https://www.deepakchopra.com/blog/article/5263

please read it and try to begin implementing this.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    One thing I've learned, there are bullies everywhere. Quitting your job won't help that fact, that is no solution. You need to either deal with the situation or simply ignore the bullies. Don't let them get to you. Tell yourself they've got nothing to do with you, you just happen to work at the same place.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    I love where I work, but I have to tell you that when I clock out, I clock out. Don't take those people home with you.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

I love where I work, but I have to tell you that when I clock out, I clock out. Don't take those people home with you.

Exactly! The work to live mentality instead of the converse...although I do sometimes check my work email from home. Staves off the occasional overwhelmed feeling.

bluegrace - well said.
    One of my coworkers has become a pretty consistent ticket buddy as of late. I helped her move. I ENJOY her presence, though. She is so much fun. The others get out of work, go hang out and BITCH ABOUT WORK. For the love of all that is good and right people, there is more in the world than FUCKING WORK! If they could shut it down, I'd be a bit more apt to hang with them. Since they can't, I clock out and go home. I leave them there. I have people at home I enjoy. That's what I'd rather anyhow.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2015
    I am all for professional help. But getting professional help does actually replace reaching out to normal people and sharing your feelings and fears and hearing what others have to say about it. I'm not sure where people got the idea that therapy completely replaces human contact and sharing with others, but it doesn't. Therapy = good. Sharing and getting feedback = good. The two aren't mutually exclusive, fyi. Any therapist will say that finding people who you feel you can share with and talk to qndnhear various viewpoints from is a very positive thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata