Options

What's the point of being a 10c member?

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I am here because I love Pearl Jam
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    There's a lot to be said for right here.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Not only was PJ20 an EVENT of a LIFETIME...

the Pearl Jam Museum was INCREDIBLE:

TEN CLUB PARK at Alpine Valley was one of the BEST concert experiences I've ever had:

Putting this celebration together for the FANS proved to me that 10 Club was thinking about the members and these thoughts matter to me!!
    Can't wait to see what will happen next time :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Because i am a fan of the greatest band known to man. NOT because i feel i am owed anything.
  • Options
    kjsnowkjsnow Posts: 9
    Because I still remember the first time I heard "Alive" on the radio on a late night driving home from work in high school. I've been a fan of PJ ever since, but just this year became a 10Club member for the first time. I could never seem to justify spending the money on a fan club membership, and am really glad that I finally did. And yeah, the rumor about free tacos...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

There's a lot to be said for right here.

Perfect.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    kjsnow said:

Because I still remember the first time I heard "Alive" on the radio on a late night driving home from work in high school. I've been a fan of PJ ever since, but just this year became a 10Club member for the first time. I could never seem to justify spending the money on a fan club membership, and am really glad that I finally did. And yeah, the rumor about free tacos...

First post!Welcome!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    kjsnow said:

Hello
  • Options
    kjsnow said:

Welcome.
    Membership fees are paltry compared to the experiences you will have as a member.
  • Options
    InMyInnerSenseInMyInnerSense Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    So you can set an event in your calendar on Record Store Day, login, make a purchase, and have it cancelled without notice or explanation because they assume you're flipping.

I generally buy 4-5 copies of each release. I put them up on my wall as art and play one - haven't sold a single one. It's outstanding how they value their members (the truth, as well as frustrated sarcasm in this case); if they were actually concerned about flippers, they'd just limit the number of records you could buy per membership - not cancel orders.
    Post edited by InMyInnerSense on
  • Options

So you can set an event in your calendar on Record Store Day, login, make a purchase, and have it cancelled without notice or explanation because they ASSume you're flipping.

I generally buy 4-5 copies of each release. I put them up on my wall as art and play one - haven't sold a single one. It's outstanding how they value their members; if they were actually concerned about flippers, they'd just limit the number of records you could buy per membership - not cancel orders.

Poor form - unsure whether I will continue to be a member.

Do you have a picture of your wall display?
    That would be awesome to see.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like the mystery sales...not knowing if I got something or not.

I like pressing F5, that key gets a workout, and probably gets more action than any of the other 'F' keys.

I'm here for the pony rides, funnel cakes and goat petting zoo.

Oh, and to laugh at Kevin and his cheeseless Philly cheese steak sammich.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    How does one go about posting pictures on here?
  • Options

How does one go about posting pictures on here?

That is a question for the technical help and stuff category.
    Come on man get with it :smile:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    RKCNDY said:

I like pressing F5, that key gets a workout, and probably gets more action than any of the other 'F' keys.

I think you might have lost a few people with that last one. :wink::lol:
  • Options
    Ha! I am not terribly savvy in this department... Working on it. Currently have Ukelele Songs and Live on Ten Legs up - nothing spectacular. Will try to figure out pictures though - just got onto Instagram ;)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Hobbes said:

I think you might have lost a few people with that last one. :wink::lol:

With Kevin? Well, if they explored other parts of the message board they'd know about Kevin. ;)
    Oh, and please make my gyros with lamb...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    my2hands said:

I am here because I love Pearl Jam

Simply true
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited May 2015

So you can set an event in your calendar on Record Store Day, login, make a purchase, and have it cancelled without notice or explanation because they ASSume you're flipping.

I generally buy 4-5 copies of each release. I put them up on my wall as art and play one - haven't sold a single one. It's outstanding how they value their members; if they were actually concerned about flippers, they'd just limit the number of records you could buy per membership - not cancel orders.

Kind of a crumby picture, but I figured out how to post, at least... so that's something. I'm considering devoting a larger space for more albums, but most of the wall-space in the 'man cave', so to speak, is covered in acoustic panels and Pearl Jam/ other framed music posters (this is the living room, which is a bit more subdued ;)). I don't often just have 4 x 4 of the same - I trade them in and out for the album art.
  • Options

Kind of a crumby picture, but I figured out how to post, at least... so that's something. I'm considering devoting a larger space for more albums, but most of the wall-space in the 'man cave', so to speak, is covered in acoustic panels and Pearl Jam/ other framed music posters (this is the living room, which is a bit more subdued ;)). I don't often just have 4 x 4 of the same - I trade them in and out for the album art.

Now that is awesome.
    You don't fuck around.
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^

Or because I never tire of the "Please Re-Release Benaroya" thread....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Haha... you are very kind. I got the idea to put them up after I bought Miles Davis' Bitches Brew album several years ago - just lovely art work. The Lightning Bolt release was a good time - they did a really rather spectacular job with it.

I was pretty bummed to have my order cancelled. As with just about anyone else, I can't afford to buy a copy of Benaroya Hall, so to have even a chance at one was pretty cool. The world will continue to spin, however... it was just a disappointment for the loss of opportunity. I just can't bring myself to buy it on CD... lol
  • Options

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^

That's fantastic... where is that thread? I need to join... I don't care about serial numbers - they really should re-release! :)

• Options

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^

That's fantastic... where is that thread? I need to join... I don't care about serial numbers - they really should re-release! :)

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/148993/please-pearl-jam-consider-a-vinyl-benaroya-hall-re-issue#latest
  • Options
    Thank you :)

I would be all over a reissue. All over it. Maybe they will toss one out like the boxed reissues....?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    Because I like it here.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

Now that is awesome.
    You don't fuck around.
    Looks like you have your own mini record store in there.
    not a lot of selections, though. :lol:
    that uke album is out of print so that one should be popular.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    RKCNDY said:

Kevin rocks but his meat sammich special order screws everything up
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

NICE!
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    For me it's about showing my appreciation and thanks to the band for the music