Options

What's the point of being a 10c member?

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited May 2015 in The Porch
I've been in it since 2003 but seniority doesn't count for jack squat anymore
I saw them from the 3rd row pit in Moline last fall
I think I'm good, I don't see a reason to be in 10c anymore.
Why are you in it?
Post edited by davidtrios on

Comments

• Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    good question. I don't know. 87XXX and it has done nothing for me in the past 7-8 years.
    I'll probably think much harder on it when my membership comes up this time. Hate to lose the number but it really does nothing anymore.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm in it for the music and I love coming here to the forums. I don't need seniority, I just need a ticket into the building. Again, for me it's the music and to hear them live...ooo baby!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I'm a member because I have no better use for that $40. It's not really that big of an expense, and i enjoy getting the annual vinyl and present, Deep mag, etc.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    I'm in the 10c so all my friends who aren't can laugh at me.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601

Why are you in it?

Wasn't that a 10C ticket that got you into the pit?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

Ha! Pretty much.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm in it for the banter.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Because like smoking...its glamorous!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I'm in here because I've been in these forums for 20 years now.. ( that's soooooo crazy to me!) and even though my join date says 2006, I have honestly been here since 1995. ( the join date is relevant to when I started PAYING to be on this site). I am on my third 10c number these days.. But like FoxyRedLA said, I don't give a shit about the seniority, as jacked up as I am these days I can't do GA anymore anyways.. I just need a ticket into the building. I'm here because this is hands down the neatest place I have found in the online world, and I can't imagine not reading and posting here. Plus the yearly singles rock!
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Why are you in it?

Bulls loose brown booze blues..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Seniority has value in terms of reserved seat locations.....a very valuable perk, IMHO.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    I do miss seniority
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    for the free tacos.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    imaginary friendships with Speedy and demetrios that exist only in my head...

honestly though, for the $20 or so I've spent every year since 2003, I'm sure I would've spent 10x more on scalped tickets to get as close for every show I went to. seniority still gets you closer, just no guarantees to get that show.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    I also enjoy getting pumped about a show and a band on these forums

Exactly.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    luggage tags.... lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    tschav said:

imaginary friendships with Speedy and demetrios that exist only in my head...

honestly though, for the $20 or so I've spent every year since 2003, I'm sure I would've spent 10x more on scalped tickets to get as close for every show I went to. seniority still gets you closer, just no guarantees to get that show.

Hahahahahaha

That made me laugh!
    Thank you for that!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    It means you can get on "the list" for shows that have GA.
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    I joined just last year, never have been lucky enough to get to a show, and I'm realistic enough to understand that, at this point in the game, I may never get that chance. However, like it's already been mentioned, the music and the forums, and just to be a part of this, is well worth the $40 for me.

. . . . and for the free tacos :)
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    I joined because I heard PJ girls were easy
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    Because one day I'll have a dog and will need a collar for it...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options

I joined just last year, never have been lucky enough to get to a show, and I'm realistic enough to understand that, at this point in the game, I may never get that chance. However, like it's already been mentioned, the music and the forums, and just to be a part of this, is well worth the $40 for me.

. . . . and for the free tacos :)

1st post!

Why don't you think you will never be able to get to a show?
    Our boys will be around for a long time. Surely you should/would be able to get to a show in the near future. Right?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i dont care about what 10c offers for membership
    im a member cos of the friends,the community ,and show my support to the band..
    i dont care if they have fan club tickets if they selling socks and pins for memebrs only with or with out holiday single....thats all stuff....
    and being member and post here..i can fuckin have a laugh with SPEEDY..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i dont care if they have fan club tickets if they selling socks and pins for memebrs only with or with out holiday single....thats all stuff....

I am here for the free Gyros.
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323

1st post!

Why don't you think you will never be able to get to a show?
    Our boys will be around for a long time. Surely you should/would be able to get to a show in the near future. Right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful and it would be amazing, but timing/life wise, it's always been off for me. If the opportunity comes, I'm taking it!!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    gotsome420gotsome420 Posts: 528
    I pay dues just to complain about everything pearl Jam related. That will show those lazy, never touring, dog colar wearing fuckers`
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

BEST DAY IN THE FORUM EVER....WHAT A LAUGH...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YW1u4hl7c
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    I am questioning that. I have been a member since 2005. I don't post as much, because I right now I don't have the spare time. The discount they give in Latin America is cool. But I can simply join when they decide to play here. I don't have to be a member every year anymore. I am giving up on collecting stuff... I love vinyl and all, but I am moving on. On place in time I thought we had something special here... lately I am not so certain anymore. Maybe the concerts in the end of the year will change my mind again, maybe not. Time will tell.
    In love with music
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Will keep membership current for one thing and one thing only , The last show ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....