25+ years of driving a semi

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Having just become a team lead myself, my one piece of advice: Make sure you think about what your mgmt style is going to be and hit the ground running on day 1. You'd be surprised at how many new managers flounder in their first couple of weeks and it takes them a VERY long time to recover, if at all.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    edited May 2015

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:)

Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Enkidu said:

Wow, that's cool. Do people have to call you "sir?"

Would that make him Sir Speedy? Maybe we should get him one of these . . .
    Oh congratulations by the way. :smile:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Congratulations, Speedy!
    Lots of accomplishments for you this year--stopping smoking, 100 push ups, promotion! Hope good things keep coming your way.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418

Congratulations, Speedy!
    Lots of accomplishments for you this year--stopping smoking, 100 push ups, promotion! Hope good things keep coming your way.

Im smoking again...
    But lets not talk about that.
    Hahahahaha

Still doing pushups though!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :)

awesome, speedster...well deserved :clap:
    norm said:

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :)

awesome, speedster...well deserved :clap:

Hey thanks norm!
    I appreciate it.

The circumstances were just too damned good to pass up. Working nights, with only 2 of us running the show. The other guy, warehouse manager, is one of my best friends on the planet. He has 18 years in with the company, I have close to 10. The 2 of us will get the job done, no problems, no drama.

Plus it's just time to get out of the damned truck. 20+ years with no accidents and no moving violations? Its almost unheard of. As I get older, I realize I just cant drive for another 20 years.
    The constant stress will sooner or later eat me up. Having to always be at your absolute best, while driving a 53ft trailer, through the city and suburbs, is stress I wouldn't wish on anyone. I have been doing it a long time. I have done it well.

Its time to move on to something else.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

Congratulations, Speedy!

Im smoking again...
    But lets not talk about that.
    Hahahahaha

Still doing pushups though!!!
    OK, no worries. :wink:
    Ya still got lots to feel good about.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Congrats Speedy!
    mca47 said:

Congrats Speedy!

Right On!
    Thanks
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    edited May 2015
    Fucking management thinks they can drive this fucking truck......

I can hear it now.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,309
    How's driving a desk treating you?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Funny you should ask.

How is my promotion going?
    How well did the new operations manager handle this so called promotion?
    Well let me tell you how well she handled this situation.

After almost 10 years at this company.
    Today I am walking in and giving my 2 week notice.

So I guess that tells you how things are going!

Hahahahaha
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100

Funny you should ask.

Hahahahaha
    :open_mouth:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    FrankieG said:

Funny you should ask.

Hahahahaha
    :open_mouth:
    Yeah, its funny how some things work out.

But I will move on.
    And the company I work for will move on. Without me.

Change is good, I suppose.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Funny you should ask.

Hahahahaha
    Wait, what? No shit
    badbrains said:

Funny you should ask.

Hahahahaha
    Wait, what? No shit
    Its quite a story. Which I will be more than happy/willing to explain in the coming day or 2.
    But 1st I need to see what takes place the next 48-72 hours.
    Then I will be more than happy to explain, in full detail, what has happened to me, regarding work, the last 6 weeks.
    Then I will let all of you tell me exactly what you would have done, if you were in my situation.

Its not easy leaving a position that I have held for damn near 10 years. But management has forced my hand.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Aw man. I just came to say congratulations. I hope the change will work out as best as possible for you, Speedy. Show them where the hammer hangs! Good vibes sent out to you...

Aw man. I just came to say congratulations. I hope the change will work out as best as possible for you, Speedy. Show them where the hammer hangs! Good vibes sent out to you...

Hey! I appreciate the good vibes.
    In a matter of 4-6 weeks everything went straight down the drain.
    Its a pretty good story. Quite the drama.
    And when I walk in today, and give my notice? Well there will be more drama.
    Hopefully I keep my cool, remain a gentleman, as I have the last 4-6 weeks.

OR

I could walk in there and give a few people a piece of my mind!
    Hahahaha

badbrains said:

Funny you should ask.

Hahahahaha
    Wait, what? No shit
    Its quite a story. Which I will be more than happy/willing to explain in the coming day or 2.
    Then I will be more than happy to explain, in full detail, what has happened to me, regarding work, the last 6 weeks.
    Then I will let all of you tell me exactly what you would have done, if you were in my situation.

Its not easy leaving a position that I have held for damn near 10 years. But management has forced my hand.
    Speedy, you do you man. I'm sure you have your reason and story. Whatever you decide I'm sure is gonna be hard. But you know what you got to do. Hope it all works out for the best for you man.
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Funny you should ask.

Hahahahaha
    Wait, what? No shit

Speedy, you do you man. I'm sure you have your reason and story. Whatever you decide I'm sure is gonna be hard. But you know what you got to do. Hope it all works out for the best for you man.
    I have already set myself up with another company, that will pay me more money. I will just move my 401k over, and life goes on. The only downfall will be losing my vacation time. But I really have no choice. They forced my hand, and I have made my decision.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

I have already set myself up with another company, that will pay me more money. I will just move my 401k over, and life goes on. The only downfall will be losing my vacation time. But I really have no choice. They forced my hand, and I have made my decision.

Good for you! Vacation time is overrated anyway ;) More pay is awesome! In my opinion, it is always better to leave in dignity and with your chin and head up, not your fist. But I am sure you will do what you feel best. Here's to a better future!

• HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Good luck, Speedy. This doesn't seem like an impulsive decision, so it's sounds like the right move. Keep on truckin'.... :sunglasses:
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Yikes! I was looking forward to the progress report on the new position. Sorry to see the current employers don't value a long-time employee, but glad to see you already have a new gig lined up.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Yikes! I was looking forward to the progress report on the new position. Sorry to see the current employers don't value a long-time employee, but glad to see you already have a new gig lined up.

The last 4 weeks have been the ULTIMATE disaster.
    And due to the fact that they decided to treat me like a piece of crap, I have decided to move on. This afternoon should be interesting, when I drop the BOMB, but oh well. They don't seem to care about my well being, so why should I care. I have been a loyal, dedicated employee for almost 10 years. I will leave with dignity, and I will give them EVERY single reason why I have decided to move on. I will give them nothing but FACTS. Then I will work 2 more weeks, collect all money that is owed to me, take a nice 2 week vacation with the wife, and then move on to my new job.
    edited June 2015
    Hobbes said:

Good luck, Speedy. This doesn't seem like an impulsive decision, so it's sounds like the right move. Keep on truckin'.... :sunglasses:

Not impulsive in any way, shape, or form. I have been put through HELL the last 4-6 weeks, and in turn, my wife has had to go through this hell. We have had major discussions about what has been going on. She knows one thing about me after 18 years of being together.

There is no way in HELL, I will ever let anyone get the best of me. There is no way in hell I will ever let someone think they have me by the balls, and can take advantage of me. For some reason my employer figured I was married to them, and after close to 10 years I would in no way leave the company. For some reason they thought I would let them shit on me, and I would just stand there and take it. They were wrong.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that sucks, speedy!

but it sounds like you've got your immediate future figured out so give 'em hell!

Hobbes said:

Not impulsive in any way, shape, or form. I have been put through HELL the last 4-6 weeks, and in turn, my wife has had to go through this hell. We have had major discussions about what has been going on. She knows one thing about me after 18 years of being together.

There is no way in HELL, I will ever let anyone get the best of me. There is no way in hell I will ever let someone think they have me by the balls, and can take advantage of me. For some reason my employer figured I was married to them, and after close to 10 years I would in no way leave the company. For some reason they thought I would let them shit on me, and I would just stand there and take it. They were wrong.
    You tell them speedy! Fuck those assholes.
  • Good for you and good luck!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Fuck em all and good luck with the new gig after it starts.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle