25+ years of driving a semi

124»

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Pretty Shady shit....But good for you for doing what you thought was best...Congrats on the new position with the new company. :smile:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Well, so far all has gone well the last week. Did a couple of interviews, then had to go in for a driving test. Today I will go take the pre-employment drug screen. Then it looks like I will be starting my new position on Monday.

I never went back to old job and talked to the owner.
    Fuck him.
    Fuck em all.

But if they don't have my vacation checks waiting for me this Friday?
    Well, then they will be certain to hear from me.
    And it wont be pretty.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I just got caught up on everything. Wow Speedy, that sucks man. Despite them putting you in a crappy position, it sounds like you handled it well. You're certainly more of a professional and gentleman than those fuckers you used to work for/with.
    You know, sometimes it truly takes a situation like that to realize how much better you're going to have it.
    As they say....The grass is greener...
    Let us know how the new job goes!
    mca47 said:

I just got caught up on everything. Wow Speedy, that sucks man. Despite them putting you in a crappy position, it sounds like you handled it well. You're certainly more of a professional and gentleman than those fuckers you used to work for/with.
    You know, sometimes it truly takes a situation like that to realize how much better you're going to have it.

I could have handled it a little better to be honest....But fuck em
    They handled the entire "promotion" so damned unprofessional and insensitive, at least in my eyes. When I gave my 2 week notice, and Mr. Dispatcher started getting shitty with me? I could have just walked away, and finished my 2 weeks. I guess that would have been the mature thing to do. Instead I let him know EXACTLY how I felt. Oh well. Fuck Him! and Fuck that company!

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

They handled the entire "promotion" so damned unprofessional and insensitive, at least in my eyes. When I gave my 2 week notice, and Mr. Dispatcher started getting shitty with me? I could have just walked away, and finished my 2 weeks. I guess that would have been the mature thing to do. Instead I let him know EXACTLY how I felt. Oh well. Fuck Him! and Fuck that company!

Sometimes maturity is overrated.
    ELITIST FUK

mca47 said:

Do did you complete you final two weeks or did you just walk out? I may have missed that...
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Do did you complete you final two weeks or did you just walk out? I may have missed that...
    Dispatcher got Shitty with me and I walked out. Was supposed to talk to owner the following day. Why bother? I was finished.

mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Dispatcher got Shitty with me and I walked out. Was supposed to talk to owner the following day. Why bother? I was finished.

Gotcha. Good move!
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Gotcha. Good move!
    Not really.
    My week off has been a disaster so far.

Rain every day
    No swimming
    No fishing

Ha

But I have relaxed and caught up on Breaking Bad and Orange is the new black.

Haha
    Nice! Sometimes doing absolutely nothing is the best!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    edited June 2015
    Caught up on a series thats been over for a year or more. wtf.

look into Turn. AMC original series, Colonial thing. Revolutionary war with spies. Pilot was a good set up for several story lines. Season one in the books but on Netflix.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    So, life goes on.

All Federal background checks have been completed.
    Drug testing was taken care of.
    I was "officially" afford my new position this afternoon.
    I start my new job on Wednesday.

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Damn, getting to Chicago Wednesday, Thursday the latest. Hoping to get together.

Congrats on new job.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!

Damn, getting to Chicago Wednesday, Thursday the latest. Hoping to get together.

Congrats on new job.

Yeah I am hoping we can have a beverage or 2 together.

Thanks for the congrats.
    Im still in shock about how it all went sour, but oh well.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

So, life goes on.

All Federal background checks have been completed.
    Drug testing was taken care of.
    I was "officially" afford my new position this afternoon.
    I start my new job on Wednesday.

Good shit speedy. Now go raise some hell at the new job.
    Well.......?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Well.......?

Well? I started yesterday. Everything went well.
    Well!

Been a month. How has it been? Settled in and made your butt impressions in YOUR truck?

• mickeyrat said:

Been a month. How has it been? Settled in and made your butt impressions in YOUR truck?

I have died and gone to heaven. I make a simple 360 mile roundtrip every night. One stop a night! Instead of hitting 15-20 docks a day, dealing with customers, counting freight, and signing bills, I hit one dock a day, drop and hook. Every once in a while they will throw a second stop on me, maybe twice a week. But that's all good, as that gives me 4-5 hours of OT.

I cant even begin to tell you how happy I have been the last 5-6 weeks.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

mickeyrat said:

I have died and gone to heaven. I make a simple 360 mile roundtrip every night. One stop a night! Instead of hitting 15-20 docks a day, dealing with customers, counting freight, and signing bills, I hit one dock a day, drop and hook. Every once in a while they will throw a second stop on me, maybe twice a week. But that's all good, as that gives me 4-5 hours of OT.

I'm glad to hear that. Sounds like you kind of didn't realize how good you could have it until you moved on. So glad that this place sounds as if you are treated well and feel good about how the job is going. That's a great thing! :plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

mickeyrat said:

Glad things worked out for you. Way back when I drove for UPS in NYC I drove 12 miles & had between 115-130 stops. Must be great not having to deal with as many assholes. Not that I give a rats ass, lol.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    good for you Speedy, congrats.