Options

Pearl Jam Las Vegas 11/30/1993 Vault show #5 Vinyl & CD shipped!

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    PJ_Soul said:

Back it up, back it up. Beep beep beep!
    Still no tracking at all for international shipping that costs $30+ USD? :anguished:

Nope. Someday PJ_Soul. Someday Canadian 10club members will receive tracking numbers on their goodies. Someday ...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    PJ_Soul said:

Still no tracking at all for international shipping that costs $30+ USD? :anguished:

It's not just ten club anymore. Well mostly not just ten club. I'm noticing alot of US websites are jacking up their Canadian shipping rates. I have no idea why. I can deal with an independant store like sonic boom in Seattle and they toss the item to USPS and it's usually between $10 and $18 for the shipping. Mail it through any big commercial retailer and it's north of $20 (amazon excluded). Between the dollar dropping and shipping skyrocketing it's getting harder and harder to import from the US :(
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited November 2015
    Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's not just ten club anymore. Well mostly not just ten club. I'm noticing alot of US websites are jacking up their Canadian shipping rates. I have no idea why. I can deal with an independant store like sonic boom in Seattle and they toss the item to USPS and it's usually between $10 and $18 for the shipping. Mail it through any big commercial retailer and it's north of $20 (amazon excluded). Between the dollar dropping and shipping skyrocketing it's getting harder and harder to import from the US :(
    But 10C are the ONLY ones who don't provide tracking, especially at that price. That is the particularly terrible part that really pisses me off. It's really the only thing about 10C that truly bothers me. It's SUCH a rip off.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:

But 10C are the ONLY ones who don't provide tracking, especially at that price. That is the particularly terrible part that really pisses me off. It's really the only thing about 10C that truly bothers me. It's SUCH a rip off.
    I can't remember any other shop in the USA that doesn't offer a tracking # on a package that charges over $25 for shipping heading to Canada. If it was cheap shipping sure I understand don't include a tracking # for us. But something over $25 just on shipping without a tracking #? I get worried.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:

I can't remember any other shop in the USA that doesn't offer a tracking # on a package that charges over $25 for shipping heading to Canada. If it was cheap shipping sure I understand don't include a tracking # for us. But something over $25 just on shipping without a tracking #? I get worried.
    Don't.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    hsohi said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

PJ_Soul said:

Don't.
    Kinda tough not too when it takes many weeks to get delivered into Canada at that price. I can't remember how much it was shipped inside the USA but you get a tracking # & it's arrived in just a few day's. No need to think about it. While up here the price was over $100 bucks CDN (with the currency exchange rate).
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I know it sucks but things always show up. I'm in Ontario and I noticed things start coming in from the west. So once they get it I add on three days for Ontario.

I find Ames Bros shipping amazing.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Never got a shipping confirmation, but it showed up yesterday. Haven't spun it yet, and I'm looking forward to it. Kudos to 10C for incredible packaging!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    hsohi said:

I know it sucks but things always show up. I'm in Ontario and I noticed things start coming in from the west. So once they get it I add on three days for Ontario.

And that would be just fine if they only charged $15 shipping. For what they charge, tracking should be an absolute given.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Never got a shipping confirmation, but it showed up yesterday. Haven't spun it yet, and I'm looking forward to it. Kudos to 10C for incredible packaging!

Their packaging on the Vault vinyl releases are amazing!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    Got my cd yesterday. Ed didn't talk much back in those days. The two cover songs I had never heard before and they were good. The end was funny when they said up next Pearl Jam :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Still no vinyl
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 369
    Got mine today. Looks and sounds great!
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 369
    ekwipt said:

Got mine today. Looks and sounds great!

Should clarify, vinyl
  • Options
    Anyone received vinyl in Europe?
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483

Got my cd yesterday. Ed didn't talk much back in those days. The two cover songs I had never heard before and they were good. The end was funny when they said up next Pearl Jam :lol:

There was the one part where Eddie started to talk about something and the band went into the next song, so all he said was "Fuck!"
    It also seems from the omitted speech that Eddie didn't appreciate the crowd's reaction to Mudhoney, so that might have had something to do with it, too.
  • Options

There was the one part where Eddie started to talk about something and the band went into the next song, so all he said was "Fuck!"
    It also seems from the omitted speech that Eddie didn't appreciate the crowd's reaction to Mudhoney, so that might have had something to do with it, too.
    God, Eddie is always getting mad about crowds' lack of enthusiasm for Mudhoney, yet he keeps asking them to open for them. Take a hint Eddie!!
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    God, Eddie is always getting mad about crowds' lack of enthusiasm for Mudhoney, yet he keeps asking them to open for them. Take a hint Eddie!!

Mudhoney is awesome!

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

Mudhoney is awesome!

Mudhoney is God awful live.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

I thought they put on a good show when I saw them at Third Man Records. But maybe that has to do with the venue. I thought it was awesome seeing them in a small room with about 200 people. By the way....it was loud as hell. :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

Mudhoney is awesome!

Arena shows, Mudhoney are alright. But small clubs, they kick ass!! Saw them twice back in '11 in two small clubs in Montreal & Toronto and they rocked the joint! They are so much better when the crowd are so close to the band. Their energy is amazing!

I wish Pearl Jam could play small clubs a few times a year. 10club only shows via lottery. Only one 10club ticket per member. Being how big they are now, doubt they will ever do this again.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 143
    Technical question: are those who preordered the vinyl version of the Vault eligible for a (free) digital download of said release too?
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    MedozK said:

mcgruff10 said:

I thought they put on a good show when I saw them at Third Man Records. But maybe that has to do with the venue. I thought it was awesome seeing them in a small room with about 200 people. By the way....it was loud as hell. :smile:
    Yes, that is absolutely what it is. Mudhoney is for small shows. Clubs. But Mudhoney can't play a good arena set to save the lives. They absolutely SUCK as an opener for a PJ concert. I think it is actually painful for most people, and that is why Eddie can never get the crowd to express the appreciation for them that he wants to hear. Last time I saw them open, later in the show Eddie did the 'give it up for Mudhoney' thing, got weak applause, and actually said desperately, "Come on, they're right over there - they can hear you. Now give it up for Mudhoney!' ... followed by forced applause that was slightly louder than the first time. It was embarrassing. He should just let people express their real emotions, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Amir1978 said:

Technical question: are those who preordered the vinyl version of the Vault eligible for a (free) digital download of said release too?

We all are waiting on that, it happened before...

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187

Amir1978 said:

We all are waiting on that, it happened before...

i emailed the 10c about they told me to buy it. it was released for free 10 years ago.
  • Options
    Amir1978 said:

There seems to be an entitlement from analog people that they should get the digital, too. That will never make sense to me. But as other people mentioned, it's happened on previous vaults.
  • Options

Amir1978 said:

There seems to be an entitlement from analog people that they should get the digital, too. That will never make sense to me. But as other people mentioned, it's happened on previous vaults.
    Why doesn't it make sense to you? The price of vinyl along with the fact that it is a pretty standard practice in the industry makes it a pretty reasonable expectation I think. That there was one included last time along with the fact that we are paying members of 10C makes it weird that there isn't one this time.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Amir1978 said:

Why doesn't it make sense to you? The price of vinyl along with the fact that it is a pretty standard practice in the industry makes it a pretty reasonable expectation I think. That there was one included last time along with the fact that we are paying members of 10C makes it weird that there isn't one this time.
    I never buy a record expecting it to come with a digital copy. It's a cool extra if it does, but I don't go around demanding it if it doesn't. That's just me, I guess. But I understand that they've offered it for previous vaults, so expecting it is reasonable in this case.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    How do you check the shipping / tracking again?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?