Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Star Wars

*ducks*
    *runs*
    *hides*

I'm with you. I've watched a few of them and they just don't do it for me.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2015

Wild Wild West

Never seen it, but the original title theme song for that movie is the WORST, so it doesn't surprise me that the movie sucks too. That fucking song is still haunting me to this day. We were absolutely ear raped by it every time the TV was on. Every fucking commercial break. :anguished:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    There are a lot of good movies (to me) listed in this thread, but I think I'm most shocked from seeing LOTR. :dizzy:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Syriana
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Rygar said:

Anchorman.

Where did you get your post on this thread? The toilet store? Ferrell has made some bad ones *cough*Semi Pro*cough* but Anchorman is tops.

A Good Day To Die Hard - Just let the franchise die...hard, Fox.

• Howard The Duck - the only time I've ever walked out of a cinema (came close with A Room With A View).
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    Seventh Son

Jupiter ascending (except for the hotness of Channing Tatum)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited May 2015

Rygar said:

Anchorman.

Where did you get your post on this thread? The toilet store? Ferrell has made some bad ones *cough*Semi Pro*cough* but Anchorman is tops.

A Good Day To Die Hard - Just let the franchise die...hard, Fox.

Sorry, hated it.
    Edit - no, sorry, I'm not sorry.
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Howard The Duck - the only time I've ever walked out of a cinema (came close with A Room With A View).

Oh god, I must've blocked that damned View film. THAT one is the only time I ever fell asleep in a movie theater.
    i liked Howard the Duck at the time. :giggle:
    I liked Howard The Duck when it aired on HBO and The Movie Channel as a kid in the 80s. Then again, I was a kid and didn't know any better.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    King Kong (Peter Jackson version)
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Star Wars

*ducks*
    *runs*
    *hides*

I am not a fan, but my people are obsessed. Our cat was named Leia. If we adopted a boy, my husband wanted to name him Anakin. I told him that the kid would be beat up in the locker room.

Oh Brother Where Art Thou sucked. Time I just can't get back.
    Titanic. My family made me watch an hour of it. Again, time lost.
    The Others.
    Pirates of the Caribbean.
    The Matrix.
    Very Bad Things. I made it to the part where the chick gets hooked on the wall and I was out.

I'm sorry. I know that there are other bad ones and I just couldn't stick to one.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Any 80's / 90's movie that un-creative studios are re-making. Stay the fuck away from Point Break!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    The Heat
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    There Will Be Blood was boring and overrated. Complete waste of time.

Not a fan of Anchorman. too widely and annoyingly immitated and recited.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    MayDay10 said:

TWBB is in my top 5 all time! So awesome how we all see things differently!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Btw, if anyone has Netflix, Mark Cousins' documentary series The Story of Film: An Odyssey is available for streaming. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. If you're a fan of film as much as I am, and like to learn about the innovation of techniques used in motion pictures, you'll absolutely love it. Be prepared, though, it's a 15 hour journey!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    edited May 2015
    Kurt and Courtney

Rum Diary (should have been decent, based on a Hunter S. Thompson book, although not one of my favorites, with Johnny Depp--I did not make it past 20 minutes).
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Kurt and Courtney

Rum Diary (should have been decent, based on a Hunter S. Thompson book, although not one of my favorites, with Johnny Depp--I did not make it past 20 minutes).

Seen that new HBO doc yet?
    Hobbes said:

King Kong (Peter Jackson version)

I know. What dafuq are dinosaurs doing in this?

I just saw Deliver Us From Evil and that was a bad one. It seems to think that loud and abrupt noises and Doors references are pants wetting scary.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

SD48277 said:

Kurt and Courtney

Seen that new HBO doc yet?
    Yes, I saw "Montage of Heck" last week in the movie theater. Heavy.
    ELITIST FUK
    MayDay10 said:

Oh boy. I thought There Will Be Blood was absolutely incredible. I consider it one of the best movies ever. No accounting for taste, eh?
    I wonder if there is a movie that literally everyone on the face of the planet who has seen it likes???
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    PJSiren said:

Snakes on a Plane

+ a Google!!
    Jason P said:

Dreamcatcher

I found this summary of Dreamcatcher online ..

Dreamcatcher is about four lifelong friends who take an annual vacation to a secluded cabin in the woods of Maine. Also, they’re all psychic. OK, sure. One day, a lost hunter wanders in from the woods after a night in the cold and has diarrhea so they put him to bed, but it turns out that the diarrhea is actually AN ALIEN THAT SQUIRTS OUT OF HIS BUTT. That alien kills Jason Lee, and then another alien possesses Damien Lewis and makes him steal a snowmobile. Meanwhile the two other friends, Timothy Olyphant and Thomas Jane have had a car accident in the woods where they find another lady with a diarrhea alien. Then possessed Damien Lewis turns back into the alien and eats Timothy Olyphant on a snowmobile. Are you with me? Keep up.

MEANWHILE, Morgan Freeman is in charge of a covert special ops army force that only fights aliens, naturally, and he wants to quarantine the whole area and kill everyone because he has gone crazy, which we know because later someone says “he has gone crazy.” So, possessed alien-Damien Lewis is trying to get to Massachusetts to introduce an alien worm into the water supply because that will destroy the whole world, but Thomas Jane IS PSYCHICALLY LINKED to Damien Lewis, alien possession or no alien possession, because of their FRIENDSHIP, and also because of their childhood friendship with someone named Duddits, who is the one that gave them their special psychic powers in the first place, and also I guess was responsible for Damien Lewis getting hit by a car at the beginning of the movie which turns into a plotpoint later because everything in this movie happens for a stupid reason*, and anyway, Thomas Jane convinces noted highlighter thief Tom Sizemore to break with his commanding officer (crazed Morgan Freeman, crazed for every agreeing to do this! Zingcatcher) and take him to get Duddits (who is supposed to be retarded and have leukemia, and so is expertly portrayed by DONNIE WAHLBERG), and they have a confrontation with possessed-alien-slash-Damien Lewis at the water supply and it turns out that Duddits was actually a good alien all along, in a human boy body, doling out superpowers, and setting up all the dominoes to help stop this bad alien from getting his butt worm into the Boston water supply for almost 40 years. WHAT?
    Wow! Even the synopsis sounds dumb!!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_Soul said:

I wonder if there is a movie that literally everyone on the face of the planet who has seen it likes???

I've never met anybody who absolutely hated Forrest Gump but now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll find out that somebody does.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015

PJ_Soul said:

I've never met anybody who absolutely hated Forrest Gump but now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll find out that somebody does.
    It would be a great thread to start.
    But in this one it is to state a movie that you think sucked.

Shutter Island
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    everyone loves Ferngully. If they say they don't, they're lying. plain and simple.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

PJ_Soul said:

Hello! My husband. (me, I loved it, and especially Lt. Dan - however, we both love Gary Sinise as a person. Dude fucking rocks)

Reality Bites! Too much earnestness.
    Night of The Giant Lepus..

Dumber than Snakes on a Plane.. And that butt alien movie...

About mutant giant killer bunnies..