1235»

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

Jason P said:

Dreamcatcher

I found this summary of Dreamcatcher online ..

Dreamcatcher is about four lifelong friends who take an annual vacation to a secluded cabin in the woods of Maine. Also, they’re all psychic. OK, sure. One day, a lost hunter wanders in from the woods after a night in the cold and has diarrhea so they put him to bed, but it turns out that the diarrhea is actually AN ALIEN THAT SQUIRTS OUT OF HIS BUTT. That alien kills Jason Lee, and then another alien possesses Damien Lewis and makes him steal a snowmobile. Meanwhile the two other friends, Timothy Olyphant and Thomas Jane have had a car accident in the woods where they find another lady with a diarrhea alien. Then possessed Damien Lewis turns back into the alien and eats Timothy Olyphant on a snowmobile. Are you with me? Keep up.

MEANWHILE, Morgan Freeman is in charge of a covert special ops army force that only fights aliens, naturally, and he wants to quarantine the whole area and kill everyone because he has gone crazy, which we know because later someone says “he has gone crazy.” So, possessed alien-Damien Lewis is trying to get to Massachusetts to introduce an alien worm into the water supply because that will destroy the whole world, but Thomas Jane IS PSYCHICALLY LINKED to Damien Lewis, alien possession or no alien possession, because of their FRIENDSHIP, and also because of their childhood friendship with someone named Duddits, who is the one that gave them their special psychic powers in the first place, and also I guess was responsible for Damien Lewis getting hit by a car at the beginning of the movie which turns into a plotpoint later because everything in this movie happens for a stupid reason*, and anyway, Thomas Jane convinces noted highlighter thief Tom Sizemore to break with his commanding officer (crazed Morgan Freeman, crazed for every agreeing to do this! Zingcatcher) and take him to get Duddits (who is supposed to be retarded and have leukemia, and so is expertly portrayed by DONNIE WAHLBERG), and they have a confrontation with possessed-alien-slash-Damien Lewis at the water supply and it turns out that Duddits was actually a good alien all along, in a human boy body, doling out superpowers, and setting up all the dominoes to help stop this bad alien from getting his butt worm into the Boston water supply for almost 40 years. WHAT?
    Wow! Even the synopsis sounds dumb!!
    It's accurate as fuck, too!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    PJ_Soul said:

MayDay10 said:

There Will Be Blood was boring and overrated. Complete waste of time.

Not a fan of Anchorman. too widely and annoyingly immitated and recited.

Oh boy. I thought There Will Be Blood was absolutely incredible. I consider it one of the best movies ever. No accounting for taste, eh?
    I wonder if there is a movie that literally everyone on the face of the planet who has seen it likes???
    Shawshank?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    2001 - A Space Odyssey
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • MayDay10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

MayDay10 said:

There Will Be Blood was boring and overrated. Complete waste of time.

Not a fan of Anchorman. too widely and annoyingly immitated and recited.

Oh boy. I thought There Will Be Blood was absolutely incredible. I consider it one of the best movies ever. No accounting for taste, eh?
    I wonder if there is a movie that literally everyone on the face of the planet who has seen it likes???
    Shawshank?
    Yeah and I'd say Pulp Fiction, too. Came out the same year, even.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited May 2015
    World War Z

More like World War Zzzzzz..... Not even one of my favorite character actors, David Morse, could save this POS. Count me out for the sequel unless it gets the reviews Mad Max has been getting. That Trayvon episode of South Park was dead on about the awful ending.