Options

Welcome to the Macabre

MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
For everyone with a sin that can't be laid aside, a shadow that won't lift, a haunting moonlit love, an unfixable mistake, a hook they've hung on you, a missing old man, a heart of noir, a cold storm of history, a splinter of unforgivable shame, a secret desire you flee from, a dreaded song in the skull, a figure behind you in the mirror, a story unfinished, a costly lesson finally learned, a well-chosen name that will go unused............
you are welcome here.
The worst of times..they don't phase me,
even if I look and act really crazy.

Comments

• Options
    I once sat on my friends Benny and cracked it.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    You can't handle my dark side!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:

For everyone with a sin that can't be laid aside, a shadow that won't lift, a haunting moonlit love, an unfixable mistake, a hook they've hung on you, a missing old man, a heart of noir, a cold storm of history, a splinter of unforgivable shame, a secret desire you flee from, a dreaded song in the skull, a figure behind you in the mirror, a story unfinished, a costly lesson finally learned, a well-chosen name that will go unused............
    you are welcome here.

So...basically everyone.

Your post reminds me of Morrison...and makes me want to take a moonlight drive along Love Street.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921

i read it as Bentley at first, :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Welcome my son,
    Welcome to the macabre...
  • Options
    How much do you fear death?
    I never thought I was scared of death, but I am 41 and still alive.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    This thread looks promising...
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

:grimacing:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Not at all. I think I've faced almost dying so many times in my life that I am now desensitized.. If someone killed me? They'd be doing me a favor! Lol so no fear of death..Pain yes.. I have learned to respect injury.. But death??! Psshhht! Nothing but a thing!
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Malroth said:

Marines taught me to think I was invincible. I have always believed that until the last month or 2. 40 comes in a month and scared the shit out of me. Not scared about death as much as leaving the kids when they still need me. I'm trying to rectify how bad I beat the shit out of my body for the last 20 years.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    this song makes me fear living. :grin:
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    cdysinge said:

Malroth said:

Marines taught me to think I was invincible. I have always believed that until the last month or 2. 40 comes in a month and scared the shit out of me. Not scared about death as much as leaving the kids when they still need me. I'm trying to rectify how bad I beat the shit out of my body for the last 20 years.

Don't know about you, but I fucked up by not keeping up with the PT. I was in the Army 20 years ago. Once I got out and came back home, I started partying and shit. Now that I'm 40, I wish I would have at least kept running. I'm constantly moving with the kids in their sports, but it's not enough. I really need to commit to getting more exercise. Each day that passes is another day it's harder to move
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

This thread looks promising...

I often think I am the happiest person I know, but death and darkness are more interesting. :skull:
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Malroth said:

If you were in that midnight showing of Batman where the crazy kid shot all those people what would you have done? Would it make a difference if you were close to him or far away?
  • Options

Malroth said:

Not at all. I think I've faced almost dying so many times in my life that I am now desensitized.. If someone killed me? They'd be doing me a favor! Lol so no fear of death..Pain yes.. I have learned to respect injury.. But death??! Psshhht! Nothing but a thing!
    You are a nurse, right? I have thought, during down times, that the medical profession may have the creepiest people. Dealing with death and being desensitized to the horrors of the masses. I have looked into the eyes of a couple doctors and been frightened. That being said, I am most thankful to those in the medical profession, and like our soldiers, they may have giving up the best part of their lives to help others. Thank you.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

cdysinge said:

Malroth said:

If you were in that midnight showing of Batman where the crazy kid shot all those people what would you have done? Would it make a difference if you were close to him or far away?
    It would definitely make a difference where you are in regards to the shooter. If you are far away the best thing do is get as low to the ground as you can. I understand why people panic in these situations but they end up dooming themselves. If you are close to the shooter go on the offensive. Most of these guys are all scared nut jobs and wouldn't know what to do if someone tried to attack then back. You may get shot of course either way but at least others will stand a better chance. The one that bugged me the most was Virginia Tech shooting. He went classroom to classroom. He had to open doors and step in. Anyone could have ended it quickly if they didn't panic and waited to attack as on the side of the door as soon as he stepped through.

Empty, go to the gym. I did the same as you when I got out. Got really out of shape and lazy. Once I got back in those sites, smells and sounds brought me right back. 30 days later I am probably 60% back to where I was when I was in my early 20's in the Corps. Another couple of months and I should be all the way back. I promised my wife to throw the Dress Blues one day once I am all the way back which she is excited for (its an automatic panty dropper).

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I belong to a group on FB for bipolar and I thought I was bad, but I seem to be the least fucked up person on that group...maybe it's only because I actually take my meds though...I dunno...I do have a dark side though....dark sense of humor...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Malroth said:

Malroth said:

You are a nurse, right? I have thought, during down times, that the medical profession may have the creepiest people. Dealing with death and being desensitized to the horrors of the masses. I have looked into the eyes of a couple doctors and been frightened. That being said, I am most thankful to those in the medical profession, and like our soldiers, they may have giving up the best part of their lives to help others. Thank you.
    Close.. I WAS an EMT. But working in a full fledged trauma unit was the quick
    End to that career. When I say I faced death, I mean PERSONALLY. I have had a loded gun pointed at me, been beaten unconscious, then physically assaulted while 'out' as well, been crushed by a 900lb horse, survived two of the most horrific car accidents imaginable.. ( i
    Honestly should have died in the rollover accident.. I was the only survivor, and had to face my family knowing that out of me, and five cousins I was the only one that lived.), been tortured.. Like literally TORTURED.. Poisoned, and thrown off of a sixty foot cliff, and left to die. So
    When I
    Say I've faced death.. I mean I stared at that fucker in his cold black eye sockets and told him to go fuck himself.. I think that's why I had such a hard time with being an EMT in a trauma unit.. Too many
    Memories.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    That and the nail that sealed that coffin was watching a woman die right in front of me, of heart failure, when they called her son's time of death. It was three days before Mother's Day.. He'd slit his wrists in the bathtub. She found him, rushed him to the hospital. The wounds were too deep. They called TOD just as his mom and dad arrived. I rounded the corner just then. She let out a wail of just pure heartbreak, and mid wail, she died.. In her husband's arms, while tears just ROLLED down his face.. I went home that next morning and drank a whole fifth of CR. To my SELF.. Went to work the next night still drunk.. And I lost my job..
  • Options

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

Close.. I WAS an EMT. But working in a full fledged trauma unit was the quick
    End to that career. When I say I faced death, I mean PERSONALLY. I have had a loded gun pointed at me, been beaten unconscious, then physically assaulted while 'out' as well, been crushed by a 900lb horse, survived two of the most horrific car accidents imaginable.. ( i
    Honestly should have died in the rollover accident.. I was the only survivor, and had to face my family knowing that out of me, and five cousins I was the only one that lived.), been tortured.. Like literally TORTURED.. Poisoned, and thrown off of a sixty foot cliff, and left to die. So
    When I
    Say I've faced death.. I mean I stared at that fucker in his cold black eye sockets and told him to go fuck himself.. I think that's why I had such a hard time with being an EMT in a trauma unit.. Too many
    Memories.

That and the nail that sealed that coffin was watching a woman die right in front of me, of heart failure, when they called her son's time of death. It was three days before Mother's Day.. He'd slit his wrists in the bathtub. She found him, rushed him to the hospital. The wounds were too deep. They called TOD just as his mom and dad arrived. I rounded the corner just then. She let out a wail of just pure heartbreak, and mid wail, she died.. In her husband's arms, while tears just ROLLED down his face.. I went home that next morning and drank a whole fifth of CR. To my SELF.. Went to work the next night still drunk.. And I lost my job..

Sad, yet amazing.

All my life's stories are like watching a drippy faucet all night, in comparison.
    ( I do wonder how the dad is doing)
  • Options
    I think about him a lot. I can't imagine that happening to me.. I don't think I could handle that..
  • Options
    The only thing I can say about my life, is I MUST have some purpose somewhere.. Cause I should have been dead a LONG time ago!
  • Options

The only thing I can say about my life, is I MUST have some purpose somewhere.. Cause I should have been dead a LONG time ago!

No wonder you worship your cat. You must have 9 lives.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

No wonder you worship your cat. You must have 9 lives.

Lmfao!! I never thought of that!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    Lol I just listened to every song they had listed after this one. Thanks! I may have to go hunt this artist down now! Woo hoo new music! Live that guy's VOICE! Very Cure-ish!
  • Options
    matt skiba from alkaline trio. heavens is a side project, only one album for them. Alkaline trio is very good also.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

matt skiba from alkaline trio. heavens is a side project, only one album for them. Alkaline trio is very good also.

Ok thank you. I will look into Alkaline Trio!