Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Some of the comments in here= :D
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Animals feel pain in a very generalized way. While we feel pain in a localized way. This helps them to be able to manage and maintain a consistent pattern, all the while healing. They are amazing! Apparently, there is an old Zen mind training technique that can help humans do this too. It seems to work wonders and is beneficial in that it disperses and thus lessens the stress of pain. Animals do this naturally, we have to learn it....
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

Animals feel pain in a very generalized way. While we feel pain in a localized way. This helps them to be able to manage and maintain a consistent pattern, all the while healing. They are amazing! Apparently, there is an old Zen mind training technique that can help humans do this too. It seems to work wonders and is beneficial in that it disperses and thus lessens the stress of pain. Animals do this naturally, we have to learn it....

....oh shite

During the night, butternuts (our cat) tore off his bandage.
    I awoke to him growling and PANTING like a dog.
    Blood was strewn across the house including all over our sheets.
    I took him back to the vet at 7:00 this morning.
    I'm frustrated now that the money spent the first time is now all in vain.
    (I wish I was making this up).
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

....oh shite

The problem is, that the site itches, just like with us as it heals. Cats can't stand for things to 'itch' or feel out of place.. Try getting an Elizabethan collar for him. This will reduce the likelihood of this reoccurring. Also there are Calming treats yo can get to help keep him in a more relaxed state while healing. Also, ask your vet for pain meds for the first week. It will help imminsely!
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

Malroth said:

....oh shite

The problem is, that the site itches, just like with us as it heals. Cats can't stand for things to 'itch' or feel out of place.. Try getting an Elizabethan collar for him. This will reduce the likelihood of this reoccurring. Also there are Calming treats yo can get to help keep him in a more relaxed state while healing. Also, ask your vet for pain meds for the first week. It will help imminsely!
    Or just hot box your cat. I found that works great as well and they are more enjoyable to be around.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Malroth said:

....oh shite

Or just hot box your cat. I found that works great as well and they are more enjoyable to be around.

That's horrible! ( even from one pothead to another! THC is not healthy for any animal.. And can eventually after time cause damage that brings on psychotic episodes. So don't do it very often. Cats especially are very sensitive to medications, and THC tends to affect them
    Quite adversely. It used to piss me off soooooo bad when my brother did this to our cats..
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Malroth said:

....oh shite

"Elizabethan collar" = fancy way of saying "cone of shame" =)

I've heard of some animals reacting well to (various forms of) cannibis. I don't deliberately blow smoke at our kitties but they're certainly used to being around the haze of it!

• Options
    To be clear I was joking although I have seen a positive of it being done. A friends dog loved to get high for some reason and would go nuts if someone came into the place with any product on them. We would know right away when someone was lying if they had any or not.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    rebandaged and cone of shame. This cone is smaller and of soft material unlike the big plastic one he had to wear when he ripped his stitches out last year.
    Bloodbath was a bit overstated (not much). 30 dollars.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    edited May 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

How much do you fear death?
    I never thought I was scared of death, but I am 41 and still alive.

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of the process of dying.... looks pretty awful unless you get lucky and drop dead or die from a "short illness". Most people rot away slowly and painfully one way or another, and that scares the hell out of me, and the only reason I am horrified about aging... and also why I am so happy about doctor assisted suicide not being illegal in Canada anymore. But death itself, and being dead? I figure the very worst it could be is nothing (me being an atheist, Hell is not a threat). Chances are greatest that it will just be total oblivion, which would be silly to be afraid of. But the possibilities of death only get better and more exciting from there in my mind. I am actually really looking forward to finding out what it's like to actually go through the moment of dying and be dead (or finding out nothing, because there is nothing). The curiosity/anticipation is killing me. :lol:
    It's the idea of oblivion or nothingness that terrifies me! The thought of simply ceasing to exist. I know that sounds stupid as clearly I will have no consciousness at that point but I just can't get a hold of the concept and it freaks me out. So yes, I am very very scared of death!
    Well think of oblivion as the exact same as before you were born. That wasn't so bad, right?? Before you were born is nothing to be scared of. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm more worried about what if the Mormons are right. Highly improbable yes, but you never know. They will have a special place in hell for some of us.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I'm more worried about what if the Mormons are right. Highly improbable yes, but you never know. They will have a special place in hell for some of us.

Are you Mormon?
  • Options
    Nooooooooo. I can't believe in anything that wants to deprive us of most of the joys in life. I enjoy pot, tattoos and being too much of a degenerate for them.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Nooooooooo. I can't believe in anything that wants to deprive us of most of the joys in life. I enjoy pot, tattoos and being too much of a degenerate for them.

Hey.. God gave us pot!! I thank Him for it everyday!
  • Options
    by midnight the cat had the bandage off, through the cone somehow, by morning he had the cone off.
    Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

by midnight the cat had the bandage off, through the cone somehow, by morning he had the cone off.
    Ridiculous.

Seems like you need to change Butternuts' name to Houdini!
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Ridiculous.

I could never keep those things on my cat either. I think the trick has to be to tie it on way tighter than you think you should?? Otherwise they just squirm out of them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Ridiculous.

I could never keep those things on my cat either. I think the trick has to be to tie it on way tighter than you think you should?? Otherwise they just squirm out of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by Malroth on
  • Options
  • Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Social D!!
  • Options
    Even though he wears his pants up to his armpits these days, still my second favorite band ever.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Even though he wears his pants up to his armpits these days, still my second favorite band ever.

Hahahaha!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,633
    Malroth said:

Ridiculous.

Sure you don't have yourself one of those that there fisher cats?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Malroth said:

Ridiculous.

Sure you don't have yourself one of those that there fisher cats?
    We do live on fisher ave.
  • Options
    about a week ago I fell at work and put a small deep hole in my elbow,
    this morning my sweat shirt felt wet at the elbow, I looked and my elbow was leaking a clear yellowish liquid. It leaked quite a bit. I didn't know if this stuff was supposed to come out or stay in.
    Just now I looked it up on the internet, I think it is serous drainage, which might be okay.
  • Options
    Be careful.. Infection is a tenuous thing!
  • Options
    This thread is undead!
    Our cat is better finally.....took a looong time to heal, has a cute stump though.

I was mowing grass last year and ran over a tuft of grass beside a tree, which was full of baby bunnies. The carnage was devastating to me. Little baby bunny parts everywhere.
    Between this and the yellowjackets that have been appearing more and more every year, mowing is becoming a nightmare.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    nice thread. i've always been interested by

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

How much do you fear death?
    I never thought I was scared of death, but I am 41 and still alive.

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of the process of dying.... looks pretty awful unless you get lucky and drop dead or die from a "short illness". Most people rot away slowly and painfully one way or another, and that scares the hell out of me, and the only reason I am horrified about aging... and also why I am so happy about doctor assisted suicide not being illegal in Canada anymore. But death itself, and being dead? I figure the very worst it could be is nothing (me being an atheist, Hell is not a threat). Chances are greatest that it will just be total oblivion, which would be silly to be afraid of. But the possibilities of death only get better and more exciting from there in my mind. I am actually really looking forward to finding out what it's like to actually go through the moment of dying and be dead (or finding out nothing, because there is nothing). The curiosity/anticipation is killing me. :lol:
    It's the idea of oblivion or nothingness that terrifies me! The thought of simply ceasing to exist. I know that sounds stupid as clearly I will have no consciousness at that point but I just can't get a hold of the concept and it freaks me out. So yes, I am very very scared of death!
    I think there is a lot of people who have your same thoughts jennycole.
    Nothing after death is a very hard concept to grasp.
    Forever is even harder to wrap your head around.
    Time never ends but we will one day.
    A lot of people think of Forever as a "time period",
    this is so wrong - it is forever.

I had a science teacher that once scooped up a handful of sand and said "imagine that each piece of sand represents 1yr. Now imagine how many years are on a beach, on another beach and all the beaches in the world combined. How many years is that? Billions. That is still not forever."

Does anyone else ever talk/bring up forever to people?
    countless grains of sand
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    it's another trip 'round the horn is all

death is a beginning. be brave meet the beasts head on if you can. you'll be rewarded later. easier said than done. everyone's beasts are unique to them. do as the berserkers would do. that is all we can ask & hope for.

or

die on a blanket out in a wildflower field fulla stars & peace
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce