"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Cremate me or bury me like Nate Fisher was in Six Feet Under.

I can't say I'm not afraid of death, but this Lennon quote stuck with me the first time I read it, and brings me comfort. May have posted it earlier in this thread? Or another. Either way...

“I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it.
    It's just getting out of one car, and into another.”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited March 2016
    I'm not afraid of being dead, but I'm pretty afraid of dying... chances are it's going to be painful and upsetting and pretty fucking depressing for days or months. Most aren't lucky enough to just drop dead. Death is usually a huge pain in the ass and traumatic. I am not looking forward to that (if I do just drop dead or close enough, fantastic!). But post-death? I'm actually really curious about that part. It will almost certainly be nothing - oblivion - in which case it doesn't matter one way or the other. But IF it's not oblivion, I am really eager to find out what that'll look like! I'm practically looking forward to it, lol.

I don't really give a shit what happens to my body, but we do have a nice family plot, and my mom wants my ashes to be buried there just so that future generations can find me easily when they are doing genealogy research. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im not afraid of dying tried to kill myself three times
    more afraid of never being loved
  • Options
    you see when I was 21 I tried to hang myself was just about to jump when I realised I couldn't do it bc my daughter needed me and I wasn't ready to say goodbye, the second time I slit my wrist but strangely missed my vein and the third time I completely had enough so I was this time determined to go through with it so when my mum was away in Melbourne I took 50 stilnox sleeping tablets but my boyfriend found me and I was in icu for two days unconscious when I finally came through I saw my brothers face I cried bc I was still alive and had failed
    More I think of it the more I think that people who expect you to live in torcher to keep them company are more selfish than the people who can't live in loneliness and pain and want to end it
    I realise now I needed medication and am now scarred from not taking any but now I'm thankful I'm here for my family bc nobody will love and hate them as much as I do and when I say hate I mean I love them so much that they could hurt me and I hate them for it but I'm not afraid of dying I'm more afraid of what I leave behind if I was unable to help or see them again and while my life sucks bc I'm sick I'm hopeful now bc I know that Jesus loves me and if he does my family sure do as well so cast out what anyone said or done....they only changed when I fell sick bc I was delusional with the contribution of bad associates....people who's heart is black and merciless now I don't have mercy for those sort anymore sorry and I wish for them to get a tasting full double dose of their own medicine....
  • Options
    Good for you making it through all of that, JWP - to be there for those you love and to experience (even if occasionally) the glory of this life and all it, we, can hold.

I've formally decided I want to go the Willie route - roll me up and smoke me when I die!
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    JWPearl said:

you see when I was 21 I tried to hang myself was just about to jump when I realised I couldn't do it bc my daughter needed me and I wasn't ready to say goodbye, the second time I slit my wrist but strangely missed my vein and the third time I completely had enough so I was this time determined to go through with it so when my mum was away in Melbourne I took 50 stilnox sleeping tablets but my boyfriend found me and I was in icu for two days unconscious when I finally came through I saw my brothers face I cried bc I was still alive and had failed
    More I think of it the more I think that people who expect you to live in torcher to keep them company are more selfish than the people who can't live in loneliness and pain and want to end it
    I realise now I needed medication and am now scarred from not taking any but now I'm thankful I'm here for my family bc nobody will love and hate them as much as I do and when I say hate I mean I love them so much that they could hurt me and I hate them for it but I'm not afraid of dying I'm more afraid of what I leave behind if I was unable to help or see them again and while my life sucks bc I'm sick I'm hopeful now bc I know that Jesus loves me and if he does my family sure do as well so cast out what anyone said or done....they only changed when I fell sick bc I was delusional with the contribution of bad associates....people who's heart is black and merciless now I don't have mercy for those sort anymore sorry and I wish for them to get a tasting full double dose of their own medicine....

We still need you here.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    I watched a mouse die at work today.
    I turned the corner and it was on its back on the pavement convulsing.
    I wanted to put my hand over my heart and say a few words.....alas I just waited till it stopped moving then swept it up.
  • Options
    Some get it the easy way out
  • Options
    I've always wondered what it would be like to experience the worst physical pain possible. Just for a few seconds. Then the rest of my life most pain would be a feather's brush.
    Emotional pain: no thanks. I can't imagine a fraction of the sorrow some people carry.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

I've always wondered what it would be like to experience the worst physical pain possible. Just for a few seconds. Then the rest of my life most pain would be a feather's brush.
    Emotional pain: no thanks. I can't imagine a fraction of the sorrow some people carry.

i agree and if you even wish to be nice it all gets dissected anyway so why bother
    and be abused best to just turn away and let them deal with it unless they ask otherwise
  • Options
    Malroth said:

This thought fascinates me. Times I can power through pain and others when I can do nothing but succumb to it (and self-medicate).

Do you think pain levels are relative or subjective from person to person?

Also, I just thought of those damned things at the ER/hospital with the "how much pain are you in?" faces. Just get me as close to zero as possible!

• Options
    the only pain i get once in a while is back pain but its more the sleeping pattern and the discomfort of not being comfortable or making a worse false movement than the state it is like pinching a nerve i do in my hip sometimes but its rare i experience pain in fact ive been pretty lucky like that, my pain is more emotional and i try to avoid that as much as possible which is why i keep my options in life open
    and also avoid getting too attached till im certain of anybody...
    and i take my meds and anxiety tablet to put up with the added
    crap that involves me which makes me want to walk away and
    disappear to a better less annoying place wherever that may be lol...
  • Options
    Internal pain - well, any constant pain - blows. Big time. But it's relatable if not inevetible, as I think most if not all of us have experienced it. Granted, probably at different levels but when you hurt, you hurt.

Interesting timing and maybe this is more morbid than macabre but I am embracing the initial post. Earlier, for some reason, I was thinking about my mom's future eulogy (she's still kicking at 85!) and that despite as much as I love her, it'd be difficult to relate how being her daughter has been. Seems the bad experiences eclipse the others.

When my dad passed, the words flowed from keyboard to screen when I wrote of him but ultimately couldn't muster the voice to speak them at the service and winged it, quickly. Was OK though, as he knew how highly I thought of him so fuck anyone else.

I should probably have saved this as a draft...but I am prone to saying fuck it :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    Malroth said:

Apparently, the brain is incapable of really remembering the sensation of pain because it woud be counterproductive. If we could actually retain that feeling as a memory the way we retain other memories we would practically be non-functional from fear of getting hurt again. Or something like that. I learned it in a college psych course, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2016
    6-10 thank you very much. i am never good at picking a damn number from their pain scale
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

Apparently, the brain is incapable of really remembering the sensation of pain because it woud be counterproductive. If we could actually retain that feeling as a memory the way we retain other memories we would practically be non-functional from fear of getting hurt again. Or something like that. I learned it in a college psych course, lol.
    That's wild and makes sense (though I've heard many women mention how distinctly they remember the pain of childbirth). For me, when my back is spasming like hell, I think that I'd take the lower back pain over it. Then when THAT kicks in, it's "oh yeah, I remember that now. Fuck!"

Hi, chadwick.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

That's wild and makes sense (though I've heard many women mention how distinctly they remember the pain of childbirth). For me, when my back is spasming like hell, I think that I'd take the lower back pain over it. Then when THAT kicks in, it's "oh yeah, I remember that now. Fuck!"

Hi, chadwick.
    i agree nobody forgets childbirth pains
  • Options
    hello, hedonist

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

hello, hedonist

chadwick your a nice fellow..
    why are you in such sore levels
  • Options
    the list is vast

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    im sorry
    i do know of one lady
    who wanted to end
    things bc she was in too
    much pain and spent all
    day in bed i guess it is
    different to mental illness
    you cant feel joy or happiness
    but to feel
    no comfort or relief would
    be horrible too
    do you get bent to relieve
    yourself
  • Options
    in my dreams i track down & kill bad guys for entertainment. this is enough to get me through

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    lol another dreamer like me
    accept my sleep is mostly
    nice and peaceful and im
    usually not mentally ill
    in my dreams but dont
    handle it to well if my
    dream is bad and usually
    wake up sour and grump
    all day long
    yes im moody without
    valid reason lol
  • Options
    chadwick said:

in my dreams i track down & kill bad guys for entertainment. this is enough to get me through

I do that via video games sometimes. It's satisfying on a visceral level.

JWP, I'm not sure what getting bent to relieve oneself means...? I've done both, I think, but not sure if in a combined fashion.

Moodiness is par for the course of life.
  • Options
    pot relieves certain pains
  • Options
    Ah, so getting bent is getting high?

I'm on board with that and will take it over any pills for pain.

(Indica and I have had a love affair for a stretch of time now)
  • Options
    yes bent is high as well as the other meanings but i meant high
    if i was to ever get bent i would prefer nobody to know bc i dont
    want the hassle of lectures and added crap which i put up with
    enough and then i would be put off doing anything for myself
    anymore
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Hedo, get bent! :smiley:
  • Options
    we say wasted,stoned,smashed,bent,happy and thats all i can think of at the moment