Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334
    edited May 2015
    its_ok said:

So you are expecting everyone to get more than they paid for? It's not like it was a secret what they were selling as a whole. You knew what you got yourself into, you lost, deal with it. This complaint of yours you could have done before the same, nothings changed, except you not getting what you want.

But you do have my sympathy, I would be diappaointed with that too :)

Personally I would of been more ok with getting less than desirable mystery vinyl had it been more random. Looking at the sheet I knew it was a chance. Unfortunately it seems my area (and my country) seemed to get a lot of the undesirable vinyl while the good stuff went to other places (a handful of avacado's, the odd studio LP, but a whole lot more side projects/xmas singles). No coloured pj20 vinyls seemed to have made it outside the USA etc. I know in the long the exact same amount of fans get the same stuff, but it does bug me a bit inside knowing the way they ran it made it next to impossible for me to get anything decent. I mentioned it in previous post, but it feels a bit like a rigged lottery. Some peoples odds were very high simply because of where they lived where other peoples were really low because of where they lived. That's the 10c though.... Sometimes they're awesome. Sometimes they find new and unique ways to disappoint us :( If you were in Canada, the way it turned out you might of had a 10 or 20 percent change of landing something good. Might not have ponied up so much cash if I knew that was the case going in.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I can"t sleep!! still waithing in the Netherlands
  • Options
    nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    edited May 2015
    Caught a Bolt of red lightning, and pink RNDM Modern Times single in Lethbridge, AB
    Post edited by nm219369 on
  • Options
    Got mine in Niagara Falls today. Tres Mts. and Mcready Coloured Vinyl Music for Film.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    RNDM Acts...Merkinball 45 in Victoria BC
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    nm219369 said:

Caught a Bolt of red lightning, and pink RNDM Modern Times single in Lethbridge, AB

Red & pink vinyl?!? Nice!!!
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

I can"t sleep!! still waithing in the Netherlands

Same. I hope for us today!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Anyone have an extra merkin ball 7 for trade or sale? Hit me up. Looking for playable copy. Thanks!!!!!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Forgot to post yesterday on this thread: in Edmonton, RNDM black and 2000 xmas single.

It was fun, and I don't have RNDM, would do it again.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    To all the disappointed Canada folks... Maybe they have a tour for you in store that will ease the pain of not getting desired vinyl boxes :)
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231

To all the disappointed Canada folks... Maybe they have a tour for you in store that will ease the pain of not getting desired vinyl boxes :)

Tomorrow is the Tenth...
    I'd be OK with that!
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    BeetJuiceBeetJuice Posts: 61
    In Toronto....Just came back from vacation to Mad Season and Strangest Tribe/Drifting records...
    Thanks 10C!!!!!
    "Don't Gimmie No Lip, You've Got To Face This Shit"
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 372

Geeez, I know of one non RNDM in Vic with about 7-8 reports now. Just ridiculous. Love the LP and already own it but the complete lack of shuffling the deck just infuriates me.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

Geeez, I know of one non RNDM in Vic with about 7-8 reports now. Just ridiculous. Love the LP and already own it but the complete lack of shuffling the deck just infuriates me.
    If there is one gripe I can get behind, it's this one. Legitimate complaint, for sure.
  • Options
    It's not really a mystery
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334

Yup... it seems if you lived in Victoria (or pretty much most of Canada) you only had a 10 to 15% chance of scoring something decent. Since we got all the crap we're seeing every else get much better packages. I don't know how but the 10c always seems find new and frustrating ways to may the fan experience much worse than it should be.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Yup... it seems if you lived in Victoria (or pretty much most of Canada) you only had a 10 to 15% chance of scoring something decent. Since we got all the crap we're seeing every else get much better packages. I don't know how but the 10c always seems find new and frustrating ways to may the fan experience much worse than it should be.
    Don't renew your membership.
    This should solve your frustration.
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    Zod said:

Meh,
    I gotta say I'm glad i got something I didn't have before ( RNDM, Crown of Thorns...)
    and can't say I'm not disappointed about missing out on OOP studio releases.
    Having said that, I definitely wouldn't characterize the side projects or more recent holiday singles as "crap". Even if you already owned all the "Lesser" wanted albums, there was a chance you could've gotten lucky. Even if that chance was less than others, its a "chance". More than there was without a Mystery Vinyl Sale.
    That's all.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    vinyls
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110

If there is one gripe I can get behind, it's this one. Legitimate complaint, for sure.
    But how would this happen? Do 10C sort orders by zip code before expediting them? Sounds strange.
  • Options
    steinbasteinba Posts: 110
    edited May 2015

vinyls

A record is made of vinyl (polyvinyl chloride, actually. A plastic.), so you buy "records" or you buy "vinyl". (Slang for records.) You can't buy "vinyls"

...Just my two cents. ;)

Now I'll hurry back to waiting for the mystery vinyl.
    Post edited by steinba on
  • Options
    PhilWalchPhilWalch Posts: 11
    steinba said:

vinyls

A record is made of vinyl (polyvinyl chloride, actually. A plastic.), so you buy "records" or you buy "vinyl". (Slang for records.) You can't buy "vinyls"

...Just my two cents. ;)

Now I'll hurry back to waiting for the mystery vinyl.
    Just my 2 pence worth (worth a little less than 2 cents :) ) but you actually buy a "phonograph disc record" or "vinyl record" commonly shortened to either "record" or "vinyl" Previously made from shellac.

Now I will hurry back to the spot I am sat in and wait for my mystery BENNY haha or RnDM
  • Options
    EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    Just arrived here in the UK. No Jeremy and Live on Ten Legs. Haven't got the latter, so I'm happy with that!
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,710
    Excellent. Hopefully mine is not too far away
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    bnewman19bnewman19 Posts: 74
    Black PJ20 and devil doll single for me. Bucks, UK if anyone is wondering. Cheers Tenclub.
  • Options
    jaw72jaw72 Posts: 28
    RNDM / no more, here in staffs
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    edited May 2015
    Red Lightning Bolt and No Jeremy/Falling Down.
    And now a life without mystery.
    Post edited by Kev - Coat and Keys on
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    Black Lightning Bolt :-( & '99 Xmas Single (Strangest Tribe) - Lancashire
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,959
    UK peeps getting hit with custom charges?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    jamespjamesp Posts: 20
    No customs charges