Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    So I'm the only one with 2.32 pounds? ... any guesses?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Into the wild or live on 2 legs.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,922

2 black Backspacers records.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Plus Moonlander is a fucking badass record IMO. Just listened to that yesterday.

I was gonna say... Moonlander is a hell of a lot better than The Fixer in any format (IMO).

You know what would fix The Fixer? Hearing The Fixer story.
    I have given up on ever knowing the fixer story, lol.

You want to hear the Fixer story?

*tells you*

Lol.

Nah, I'm good. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I wouldn't mind an ITW...or even a RVM which is starting to become a holy grail of sorts.

I already have the box set of 2 legs, so I'm good there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

I wouldn't mind an ITW...or even a RVM which is starting to become a holy grail of sorts.

FWIW, the RVM LP is absolutely incredible. Get it if you can for sure! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FWIW, the RVM LP is absolutely incredible. Get it if you can for sure! :)
    I had the CDs but lost them. :(

...and just today, I realize I'm missing the "Who You Are" on there...I have all the other songs. That version of Black is ALL KINDS OF MIND-BLOWING AWESOME.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 929
    looking for some 2.06lb love
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    If you get a backspacer LP with a common 7", the Backspacer will be white vinyl.. same for LB, if you get that with a common 7" it will be the red one.. no need to open them (I think)
    as for now, good job from the TC with these, one rare and one not rare was the way to go, even if someone gets something not needed/wanted, it will be easy to sell/trade.. I really would not want to sell or trade my mystery package, anyway (that's why I hope to not receive third copies of Yield, Riot Act, or RVM)
  • Options
    edited April 2015

If you get a backspacer LP with a common 7", the Backspacer will be white vinyl.. same for LB, if you get that with a common 7" it will be the red one.. no need to open them (I think)
    as for now, good job from the TC with these, one rare and one not rare was the way to go, even if someone gets something not needed/wanted, it will be easy to sell/trade.. I really would not want to sell or trade my mystery package, anyway (that's why I hope to not receive third copies of Yield, Riot Act, or RVM)

Indeed...they knew to mix them up. Never confirmed by 10C, but yeah, it's turning out to be true. People would be downright furious if they got a 2010 annual single with black Backspacer and someone else got an Into The Wild with a blue Fixer.

FWIW, I already have two of the 2003 singles..should have three, but my replacement was lost in the mail, so they sent a replacement for the replacement...never did get #2.

I also have two of the 1993 singles, but the second is the "test pressing" with the uncensored Ramblings III.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    Someone on the FB page posted they received Uke songs and 2006 Xmas single.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    MookieBlaylockMNMookieBlaylockMN Minnesota Posts: 214
    I waited on the porch, hoping, begging for that USPS truck to stop at my house with a package. Sadly, he just kept on goin'. Looks like it will be tomorrow.

Agreed with everyone above, BIG TIME kudos to the 10c for this. Every report so far has had an uber-desireable package. Looking forward to seeing just what I have in store in my 3.2250 lb box. :)
    06.30.1998 Minneapolis / 10.08.2000 East Troy (The Ice Bowl) / 06.16.2003 St. Paul / 06.26.2006 St. Paul / 09.03.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 09.04.2011 East Troy (PJ20) / 07.19.2013 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.19.2014 St. Paul / 10.20.2014 Milwaukee (Yieldwaukee!) / 08.20.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.22.16 Chicago (Wrigley) / 08.18.18 Chicago (Wrigley) / 10.01.21 Dana Point (Ohana Encore) / 09.17.22 Louisville (Bourbon & Beyond) / 08.31.23 St. Paul / 09.02.23 St. Paul
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    edited April 2015
    Mine is 2.05 lbs.
    I have red & black LB, have Backspacer, but if I end up with any of those I'll frame with a poster.
    Would LOVE RVM, Riot Act, Avocado or Lost Dogs.
    I have the original ITW so not really interested in that or Uke Songs since I have it. I also have the Live On Ten Legs Box Set so I don't need it.
    Benny would be nice, but would prefer the others I listed.
    Supposed to be delivered Wednesday but I'm thinking maybe tomorrow since it's been close since Friday.
    Would also love to get Sevens!
    Post edited by mindi on
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    alfredo.amoedoalfredo.amoedo San Francisco, CA Posts: 105
    Mine is 1.82 lbs. Coming Wednesday. Aside from the big ticket items, I really just want a Yield or something I can pawn for a Yield.
  • Options

Mine is 1.82 lbs. Coming Wednesday. Aside from the big ticket items, I really just want a Yield or something I can pawn for a Yield.

I assume you are going to get something similar to what I received.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited April 2015

This is just speculation, only a tiny percentage of packages have been received so far. The numbers dont stack up for this to happen unless they sold fewer packages. Theres not enough rare 7s to go with the common 12s even if you just go by the lowest number of 12s. Unless you just convince yourself its red or white you really have to open it to find out and in the case of LB it has to be spun to check its okay.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    edited April 2015
    Null
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    I got shit.

Probably from too many cookies.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,974
    I hate when I actually have to open a record. AND then having to actually play it on a turntable? All records should be kept sealed up and stored away. That's what they were made for.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2015
    FR181798 said:

This is just speculation, only a tiny percentage of packages have been received so far. The numbers dont stack up for this to happen unless they sold fewer packages. Theres not enough rare 7s to go with the common 12s even if you just go by the lowest number of 12s. Unless you just convince yourself its red or white you really have to open it to find out and in the case of LB it has to be spun to check its okay.
    Well, you're right.. I kept the receipt from when I bought the white BS from here, and keep it close to the record as a reminder.. no real way to tell, otherwise..
    anyway, someone said Uke songs plus 2006 single.. that's not really very rare, but it's a cool package nonetheless and well worth 50$ plus shipping.. yeah, not anyone is going to receive a PJ20 colored or a benny, but I don't think anyone will end up with something as shitty as a black BS and a recent holiday single (at least I hope)

I hate when I actually have to open a record. AND then having to actually play it on a turntable? All records should be kept sealed up and stored away. That's what they were made for.

ahah, annoying, isn't it? can they just put a fuckin white or red sticker on them? lazy asses :lol:
    speaking for myself, I'm both a collector and vinyl lover, that's why I try to have at least two copies of every vinyl (if possible)..

Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    Randy420Randy420 Posts: 47
    Got mine today.. Colored PJ20 and STBC 7"

I'll take it!
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    Randy420 said:

I'll take it!

Damn! Nice score Randy. I hope you're spinning it!
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 487
    wbutler29 said:

looking for some 2.06lb love

I'm with you at 2.06
    I should get mine Tues or Wed
  • Options
    ewok pantsewok pants Posts: 313
    Just opened mine. 2.08 lbs. Got avocado and better things! Quite excited!
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    Mine is. 2.52 still waiting on it
    Just hoping for Anything but a backspacer
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,376
    Mine looks a little light at 1.90000 lbs... Still hoping for something good.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

Just opened mine. 2.08 lbs. Got avocado and better things! Quite excited!

2.08 for Avocado and a 7"... I have a revitalized hope!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    scurtis said:

Someone on the FB page posted they received Uke songs and 2006 Xmas single.

Eek. And not the good type of eek. That RITFW was all kinds of awful. "I'm over on the left...and I'm over on the right...and we stand together...together and unite."
  • Options
    Randy420 said:

I'll take it!

WINNER!
  • Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,474
    WE NEED PICTURES!!
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023